Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-01-2019, 06:47 PM   #7711
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
mr.nismo. is a jewel in the roughmr.nismo. is a jewel in the roughmr.nismo. is a jewel in the roughmr.nismo. is a jewel in the roughmr.nismo. is a jewel in the roughmr.nismo. is a jewel in the roughmr.nismo. is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarjh View Post
Anybody ever gotten stock s13 rear knuckles modified? It would seem like a lot of work to do, but I am curious.
You probably could. For the price probably better off going A/M like GK or PBM.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10+ using Tapatalk
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2019, 07:21 PM   #7712
tb13
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a glorious beacon of lighttb13 is a glorious beacon of lighttb13 is a glorious beacon of lighttb13 is a glorious beacon of lighttb13 is a glorious beacon of lighttb13 is a glorious beacon of lighttb13 is a glorious beacon of lighttb13 is a glorious beacon of lighttb13 is a glorious beacon of lighttb13 is a glorious beacon of lighttb13 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I installed GKTech's RCC kit on my S13 recently, went with this kit because of its cost and since I am new to drifting I wasn't trying to go crazy. Full front setup consists of S14 knuckle, S14 LCA, GK RCC, GK Outer tie rods, GK tension rods.

I didn't think much of the extra LCA length and +25mm track width added by the kit, I am running a 17x8 +35 wrapped in a 235/45r17. These pictures are with camber plates maxed out. For anyone considering this kit, high offset, narrow wheels and small tires will be the only way you fit under a stock metal fender. If you are running low offset wheels you will need a wider fender.

Old 11-02-2019, 06:32 AM   #7713
tuzzio
Nissanaholic!

tuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant future
So, my car feels awfully darty sometimes while corning (100% street car) For the first little bit of turning the wheel, it seems to not be very responsive, but when I reach a certain point lets say maybe 25* of the wheel turned (out of 360) then it becomes extremely responsive. It almost seems like slight understeer to a point.

For what its worth: BC coils 8/6K springs, GKtech grip front knuckles (stock rear) Subframe risers, Suspension techniques front sway bar (stock rear) and a kaaz 2 way.

Obviously anyone whos driven a kaaz notices that if you let off throttle in a corner the car responds to it for sure, but even on throttle I notice this. I wasnt sure if its because the diff its basically trying to push the car straight to a certain point, or if the stock rear sway bar is effecting this.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 10:28 AM   #7714
sr vegas 240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
sr vegas 240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
So, my car feels awfully darty sometimes while corning (100% street car) For the first little bit of turning the wheel, it seems to not be very responsive, but when I reach a certain point lets say maybe 25* of the wheel turned (out of 360) then it becomes extremely responsive. It almost seems like slight understeer to a point.

For what its worth: BC coils 8/6K springs, GKtech grip front knuckles (stock rear) Subframe risers, Suspension techniques front sway bar (stock rear) and a kaaz 2 way.

Obviously anyone whos driven a kaaz notices that if you let off throttle in a corner the car responds to it for sure, but even on throttle I notice this. I wasnt sure if its because the diff its basically trying to push the car straight to a certain point, or if the stock rear sway bar is effecting this.

Possibly worn/loose rack and pinion bushings. I'd check those first. If not already replaced i'd get some energy suspension polyurethane bushings.
sr vegas 240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 06:36 AM   #7715
tuzzio
Nissanaholic!

tuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant futuretuzzio has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr vegas 240 View Post
Possibly worn/loose rack and pinion bushings.
Replaced with ES bushings less than 2 years ago.
Old 11-03-2019, 08:57 AM   #7716
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

mr.nismo. is a jewel in the roughmr.nismo. is a jewel in the roughmr.nismo. is a jewel in the roughmr.nismo. is a jewel in the roughmr.nismo. is a jewel in the roughmr.nismo. is a jewel in the roughmr.nismo. is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Replaced with ES bushings less than 2 years ago.
What are your alignment settings?

Old 11-04-2019, 09:00 AM   #7717
tuzzio
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.nismo. View Post
What are your alignment settings?
Off memory..

2.5* Front camber
2.0 Rear
8* Caster up front.
Old 11-04-2019, 11:13 AM   #7718
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Off memory..

2.5* Front camber

2.0 Rear

8* Caster up front.
Are you running a staggered setup?

Old 11-04-2019, 11:22 AM   #7719
tuzzio
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.nismo. View Post
Are you running a staggered setup?
Wheels are 18x9.5 +22 all around,

Front tires are 215/40 and 235/40 rear
Old 11-07-2019, 05:07 PM   #7720
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
When was your last alignment?
Old 11-08-2019, 09:02 AM   #7721
tuzzio
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
When was your last alignment?
Last alignment was in the spring. Car has acted like this for a bit. More so wondering if a properly sized rear sway bar would help this issue. or if the 2-way is basically just pushing the car straight
Old 11-08-2019, 11:50 AM   #7722
battery1882
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
battery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Last alignment was in the spring. Car has acted like this for a bit. More so wondering if a properly sized rear sway bar would help this issue. or if the 2-way is basically just pushing the car straight
It could be million things but easiest would be to adjust your rebound on coilover, next is front toe. try slight toe out.
Old 11-13-2019, 04:21 PM   #7723
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by battery1882 View Post
It could be million things but easiest would be to adjust your rebound on coilover, next is front toe. try slight toe out.
Yes, what he said ^

Build: http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=643065

Hit me up for BorgWarner turbos/AN PS lines/Power Steering kits/Brake line kits/Link ECUs!

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 01:42 PM   #7724
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarjh View Post
Anybody ever gotten stock s13 rear knuckles modified? It would seem like a lot of work to do, but I am curious.
This was done well before anyone had released drop knuckles on the market.

Build: http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=643065

Hit me up for BorgWarner turbos/AN PS lines/Power Steering kits/Brake line kits/Link ECUs!

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:39 AM   #7725
Speed Junkie
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Speed Junkie is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Off memory..

2.5* Front camber
2.0 Rear
8* Caster up front.
You left out toe which is the biggest driver of "darty" steering. The front suspension toes out under compression. OEM spec alignment calls out for a bit of toe in for that reason.

I had set my front toe to zero before knowing it and the bump steer was horrible. The car would dart around and yaw into every unevenness in the road. I took it back and set the front toe to factory spec and that drastically reduced the effects of bump steer.

As a side note, the rear also toes out under compression and running 0 toe will result in the rear yawing out under compression. I think factory rear toe setting is slight toe in.
Speed Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 09:01 AM   #7726
tuzzio
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Junkie View Post
You left out toe which is the biggest driver of "darty" steering. The front suspension toes out under compression. OEM spec alignment calls out for a bit of toe in for that reason.

I had set my front toe to zero before knowing it and the bump steer was horrible. The car would dart around and yaw into every unevenness in the road. I took it back and set the front toe to factory spec and that drastically reduced the effects of bump steer.

As a side note, the rear also toes out under compression and running 0 toe will result in the rear yawing out under compression. I think factory rear toe setting is slight toe in.
This is good info. Thanks.