Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-03-2007, 02:39 AM   #61
s13envy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
s13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to s13envy Send a message via AIM to s13envy Send a message via MSN to s13envy Send a message via Yahoo to s13envy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrifterProdigy85 View Post
Definitly doesnt look like your clutch was slipping. Whats your Exhaust and Cam setup?
I was running open downpipe there and I'm running the HKS step 2 264's...I think i may have a boost leak....I found a questionable coupler with some decnet size cracks in it.

Does anyone know what the 2871R is good for boost wise?

the only thing i dont get is that I trapped 128 in the 1/4...I've never seen any 240 with 375whp trapping that speed. Maybe since I fixed the turbo bolts and clutch slippage the power is up to where it shoudl be now....but i wont know until I get it back to the dyno.
s13envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2007, 02:59 AM   #62
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
boost is measured at the intake manifold, so fixing a boost leak would just let you reach your target boost sooner, with the turbo spinning at a more efficient speed. 128 traps are fast as shit... I'm only trapping 140 or so on my 10.2 sec bike...

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:08 AM   #63
s13envy
Zilvia Junkie

s13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to s13envy Send a message via AIM to s13envy Send a message via MSN to s13envy Send a message via Yahoo to s13envy
hmmm, i dunno. i just need to get it back on the dyno and find out for sure
Old 05-03-2007, 10:43 AM   #64
IKnowAllOfNothing
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
IKnowAllOfNothing will become famous soon enoughIKnowAllOfNothing will become famous soon enoughIKnowAllOfNothing will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
I don't have any input on BC cams, nor do I know enough results from the forum to give you an opinion them.

With that said however, I will say that JWT puts THE MOST time, effort, and research into Cam design and testing, and offers a product that is superior to all. The downfall of them is their cost, but it's a cost that's well worth it. I hope to someday be able to step up to a C series cam

Certainly! keep my informed!
Great setup,
How do you think switching to (JWT C1 cams, retainers, and strings) would affect your setup, power, midrange, spool, overall fun?
IKnowAllOfNothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:55 PM   #65
DrifterProdigy85
Leaky Injector

DrifterProdigy85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to DrifterProdigy85
The dyno numbers are reading off. If you check out any other SR dyno. 300tq @ 7krpm is 400whp. 128mph trap is almost 450whp in a full weight S13 i think. 2871R is effecient to around 21psi from doing compressor math. You definitly have one of the fastest 2871R setups ive seen.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:02 PM   #66
DrifterProdigy85
Leaky Injector

Actually boost leaks effect the engine alot if your running MAF still. What happens is the MAF senses the air going into the Turbo then if air leaves anywhere before the Intake Manifold your not getting as much air into the motor as the MAF originally read which creates a rich effect from more fuel being added then actually needed. I had around 3-4 small leaks in my IC setup which made my AFR run in the 10.9 area then after i fixed them i was running back up to 11.7 area where it should be. MAP sensor cars wouldnt really matter much since there based on getting the air measured at the intake manifold.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:39 AM   #67
Paul2x
Zilvia Addict

Paul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Paul2x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul2x View Post
What about compairing the 2871r .64 to the 2871GT-RS style.....any power difference?

I know the GTRS style is a direct bolt on but will the 2871r (non-gtrs style) make more hp?
CAn someone give some info on this please?

Is their any power difference?

Professional Driver/ Instructor for Hire
Paul2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:21 PM   #68
red s14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
red s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:

yea i would like to know about this also. and s13envy and i have a very close setup. i have,

red top bored to 86.5 with weisco piston. 8.5/1
cometic 1.2 metal hg
hks s2 264in/272ex cams
greddy intake
2871r .86 old style internal gated
enthalpy tune
nismo 740cc inj.
nismo fpr
z32 MAF
mr mani.
greddy o2 pipe
mr dp
mr mid pipe
apexi gt spec ex.

now i've talked to s13envy b4 but mine just doesn't seem like it runs that good. i can only about 3 cars on my friends stock sr with me running 22psi. it run's real rich but i've turned the fpr down. it should be at 36 psi. like steve shadows said my w/g jumps so much. i was going to sell the turbo and get the new gt-rs 2871r with the .64 and p/fc and go to the excel shop in columbus,oh. although i have yet to dyno it so maybe some small adjustments would help. there's no boost leaks, everything is button'd up i just don't know. any idea's on the new setup with the .64 and p/fc? don't go with? go with. codyace your setup is what i'm looking for although i don't need 400 whp. s13envy your setup as well like we've
talk about b4.

Last edited by red s14; 06-07-2007 at 09:23 PM..
red s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:17 PM   #69
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:

they are both t28 housings and both gt turbine wheels of the same spec. iirc

If what you guys are saying is true about the housing just being internally gated and the compressor housing size and design.

The other difference is the compressor housing side. One beng to4b (not bolt on version) and one being a t25 style with triangle outlet flange.

HP diff? Turbine housing size and AR and will make the biggest difference overall, if they are both the same I cant seeing the volume or displacement of the compressor housing making a huge difference in numbers with the same compressor wheel, but i suppose lag might be slightly slighly reduced by the smaller t25 style bolt up design.

The to4b compressor housing could (theoretically) allow more shoulder room to the large crammed compressor wheel in overall output. It's a great question to ask someone who works for garrett or whos sharper with fluid dynamics.

plus Paul what are you doing! go get a 3071R maybe even twin scroll haha
Old 06-08-2007, 12:42 AM   #70
Paul2x
Zilvia Addict

Paul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond repute
car sould be running by tomrrow w/ the new set-up so, we'll see how she does.

hit the dyno , then u and luke better watch out.. LOL , j/k

Old 06-08-2007, 05:06 AM   #71
s13envy
Zilvia Junkie

update guys! got rid of my old setup....going with sc61, 38mm wastegate, 810cc inj, ect!

The 2871R was an awesome turbo for me, but for some reason I decided I want more power lol..Its a sickness
Old 06-08-2007, 09:29 AM   #72
red s14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
red s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond reputered s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
[quote=steve shadows;1408014]they are both t28 housings and both gt turbine wheels of the same spec. iirc

If what you guys are saying is true about the housing just being internally gated and the compressor housing size and design.

The other difference is the compressor housing side. One beng to4b (not bolt on version) and one being a t25 style with triangle outlet flange.

HP diff? Turbine housing size and AR and will make the biggest difference overall, if they are both the same I cant seeing the volume or displacement of the compressor housing making a huge difference in numbers with the same compressor wheel, but i suppose lag might be slightly slighly reduced by the smaller t25 style bolt up design.

The to4b compressor housing could (theoretically) allow more shoulder room to the large crammed compressor wheel in overall output. It's a great question to ask someone who works for garrett or whos sharper with fluid dynamics.

reds14-i firured it was the same maybe spool time was diff. thats about it.

update guys! got rid of my old setup....going with sc61, 38mm wastegate, 810cc inj, ect!

The 2871R was an awesome turbo for me, but for some reason I decided I want more power lol..Its a sickness06-08-2007 02:42 AM

reds14-damn man is your turbo the gt-rs style or old style. your should bad ass like its not already. good luck.
red s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:23 AM   #73
steve shadows
Post Whore!

steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13envy View Post

The 2871R was an awesome turbo for me, but for some reason I decided I want more power lol..Its a sickness
if you click the shadowerks myspace links in my sig and click on videos there are a couple crappy vids of my car on piss 91 octane with a conservative tune, a little laggy but car was really fast up top. (sc61)

oh and i cant wait paul haha jk

-paul- did you go 2871R .64?
Old 06-08-2007, 01:57 PM   #74
s13envy
Zilvia Junkie

is your sc61 ball bearing? which wheel on compressor housing is it using?
Old 06-08-2007, 02:09 PM   #75
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Quote:
is your sc61 ball bearing? which wheel on compressor housing is it using?
It was not ball bearing (a ball bearing one would just basically be a gt35r). The gt35r compressor wheel is the t61 (sc61) wheel. If your going BB just ge the gt35r the turbine wheel on the 35r is more efficent.

TO4S compressor housing .70 AR standard style. T61 compressor wheel (6 blade same an newer gt35r and gt40r varients). I used a stage 5 t3 turbine wheel with a .63 ar turbine housing. Great turbo for FWY raicng and good for drag.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:13 PM   #76
s13envy
Zilvia Junkie

sc61 is already on the way...atleast i think. I'm not 100% on the specs due to the fact that turbo specs confused the ever living shit outta me. I dont have the patience to learn what means what.

btw, what does FWY mean?
Old 06-08-2007, 08:25 PM   #77
Aoshi112
Zilvia Addict

Aoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really niceAoshi112 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Aoshi112
Quote:
sc61 is already on the way...atleast i think. I'm not 100% on the specs due to the fact that turbo specs confused the ever living shit outta me. I dont have the patience to learn what means what.

btw, what does FWY mean?
Im sure he means Freeway racing, ya know HWY=Highway so FWY= Freeway.
Aoshi112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:48 AM   #78
s13envy
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoshi112 View Post
Im sure he means Freeway racing, ya know HWY=Highway so FWY= Freeway.
I see the light now! lol gotta love highway pulls
Old 06-18-2007, 11:33 AM   #79
Paul2x
Zilvia Addict

Anyone want to trade their .86 housing for a .64??

I know some of you would rather have the extra responce, but my particular set-up won't allow me to run the .64....so the oppertunity is open to anyone that has wanted to switch.

PM me if interested

My turbo is mint , was on the car for 1 day =)

Old 09-06-2007, 10:53 PM   #80
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Went to the dyno today....and all night. Car could not put down more than 277whp. I was at 14psi. My A/F was reading 14.8!!! I have Apexi N1 duals so we disconnected it and stuck the sniffer in the cat(straight pipe) still read 14.8. Change sensors on the sniffer and stil 14.8. clearly sniffer is broken, but Im still pissed. 277 at 14psi rich or not sucks johnson. It was a dyno jet.

Mod list:
2871r .86
272 in/ex cams
TI Retainers/Springs
PE Metal HG
Spec Stg 3
Enthalpy
Z32
Megan Manifold
Megan FPR
SAFC II
Greddy Profec B
740cc Deatchwerks
Z32 fuel filtr
walboro 255lph
Apexi N1 Duals
NGK step 7
Still internally gated (yeah I know)
etc.

Something is definitely wrong. Fuel pressure is at 44-45, boost 14.
Seems not to be able to go any higher for some reason?? Someone please shed some light...

Old 09-06-2007, 11:04 PM   #81
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
How the fuck did you only put down what T28s would put down? Check engine health yet? Compression, boost leak? I put down 320 with a boost leak at 14 psi on a smaller trim. But damn 14.8 AF?!?! If thats true, im surprised your rods not knocking yet...or worst, your engine making extra oil drains on the block.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:17 PM   #82
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
How the fuck did you only put down what T28s would put down? Check engine health yet? Compression, boost leak? I put down 320 with a boost leak at 14 psi on a smaller trim. But damn 14.8 AF?!?! If thats true, im surprised your rods not knocking yet...or worst, your engine making extra oil drains on the block.

Yeah this is retarded. I know its not 14.8 because there was a huge black spot right behind my exhaust and the whole bumper was black with soot. It seems more like 10.0!! I dont understand the numbers either. Its impossible. I know butt dyno's arent acurate but it does not feel like 277, even so... I dont know. Anyone want an S14, im bout to be done. I got street tuned earlier today and it was 12.0 all the way across so I know the sniffer is bad, but I cant stop trippin over these numbers!!!
Old 09-06-2007, 11:23 PM   #83
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Compression check and check for boost leak, make sure its not the engine. I was running basically the same setup up you got, just smaller trim with Enthalpy rom tune w/ safcII.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:07 AM   #84
j20accord00
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
j20accord00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to j20accord00
dude not to be a dick or anything but just trying to help out. my buddy made 343 blacktop bone stock, no cams, no headgasket, AEM EMS , greddy intake manifold gt2871r .64 hks wastegate internal gate. greddy front mount, tanabe exhaust. tomei 555 injectors. Literally everything else is STOCK.

my new setup is upgraded to the .86 i hope i wont be disappointed. Enthalpy tune. greddy intake, external gate, sard 850 injectors, JWT C1 cams, valve springs, retainers. built bottom end, mahle pistons, all ARP hardware 8.5/1 compression, 87 bore.. greddy front mount blah blah blah..so ive been told be a few knowledgable guys, CodyAce for example i should clear way into the 400 mark 420ish hopefully. idk man i would double check everything jus dont get over exhausted about it and give up. my car should be running by the end of this month id be corious to talk to you anyways about ur setup vs. mine. shot me a P/M or email [email protected] AIM J20accord00

-Evan
j20accord00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:43 AM   #85
DrifterProdigy85
Leaky Injector

I suggest you buy a Wideband for your personal use. Im hoping the dyno wideband was broke because 14.8 AFR is motor blowing lean. And yea you should be putting down over 300whp @ 14psi. I know i did with a slipping clutch. You may want to think of a retune if the new wideband reads really lean too.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:02 AM   #86
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j20accord00 View Post
dude not to be a dick or anything -Evan
Lol. You arent being a dick. I have seen the same thing. Ive seen T25's make more power than this!!! Seen T28's close to 350. Not only is the sniff box broken, but the Dyno has to be messed up too.

Not the most scientific comparison but I raced R33GTS-T three times. I was only on my Enthalpy tune, NO SAFC, NO cams, and only 10psi. We were DEAD even. He has a RB25DET that made 301 whp. So how with 5 more psi and a tune do I make 277? Or am I crazy. Im gonna see if I can get the charts on here...

Last edited by OBEEWON; 09-07-2007 at 06:27 AM..
OBEEWON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:03 AM   #87
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrifterProdigy85 View Post
I suggest you buy a Wideband for your personal use. Im hoping the dyno wideband was broke because 14.8 AFR is motor blowing lean. And yea you should be putting down over 300whp @ 14psi. I know i did with a slipping clutch. You may want to think of a retune if the new wideband reads really lean too.

Did a wide band tune earlier yesterday. 12.0, making sure again today. I want to see another car on that dyno. I think the brakes were on.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:37 AM   #88
j20accord00
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
j20accord00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to j20accord00
lol yeah it was late and i kinda felt that maybe you would have taken me the wrong way lol but anyways man..i really wanna see what kinda power ur car is suppose to put down with them kinda mods. we seem to have a few things in common (setup wise) and like i said i should be done by the end of this month. so im looking foward as well. anyways. u should try to find a new place with a better dyno. i got this place that jus got put up its like literally 2-3 mins from my house but its also a mustang dyno but whatever. keep in touch man talk to you later

-Evan
j20accord00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:27 AM   #89
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Did a wide band tune earlier yesterday. 12.0, making sure again today. I want to see another car on that dyno. I think the brakes were on.
what dyno?

A lot of people shoot themselves when they get on a brake eddy dyno for the first time...

like mustang/dynodynamics.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:58 AM   #90
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Dyno Jet, and they read high supposedly.