Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 12-03-2019, 08:13 PM   #1
NashT
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
NashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
S13 rear 5 lug question

Hey guys I bought some S14 5 lugs for the rear but the flanges for the bolts are spaced slightly wider so they wont bolt up on my spindle.

Ive already been searching and cant find anything other than z32 hubs in regards to this issue.

But whats weird is the axle fits in the splines and back of the hub fits in the spindle hole nice and snug, its just the flanges dont align.

Im not looking for any advice, im just really curious if anyone knows what the hell these hubs are from so I can resale them correctly.

For some reason i cant upload photos.....annoying.
S13 flanges 2 bolts either side measure 2.5" from end to end
The 5 lugs flange measure 3" from end to end.

Hope that makes sense, or pm me your number and ill text you pics. Im just really curious what the heck these are off of
NashT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2019, 07:45 PM   #2
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Obvs u have the incorrect 5 lug hubs

Buy the correct ones for the chassis u have, no mix and matching parts
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:20 AM   #3
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

jedi03 is on a distinguished road
probably for s14 lol...there are conversion hubs on ebay or at least there were, and if you measure you might be able to press them into your current set
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:27 AM   #4
NashT
Zilvia Member

NashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choices
No shit, i bought them on ebay and they were listed as S14 hubs.

Im just wondering if anyone knows by chance knows what they might go to, they are obviously nissan ones
Old 12-06-2019, 08:29 AM   #5
NashT
Zilvia Member

S14 rear hubs are direct bolt on, so its not mix and matching.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:59 AM   #6
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashT View Post
No shit, i bought them on ebay and they were listed as S14 hubs.

Im just wondering if anyone knows by chance knows what they might go to, they are obviously nissan ones
Well if u bought them as listed for an s14..GUESS what theyd fit..AN S14. FUKN GENIUS
Old 12-06-2019, 09:15 AM   #7
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Well if u bought them as listed for an s14..GUESS what theyd fit..AN S14. FUKN GENIUS
S13 and S14 rear hubs are all interchangeable....this is common knowledge. FUKN GENIUS
Old 12-06-2019, 09:23 AM   #8
NashT
Zilvia Member

Not shit guys, fucking no shit.

Read my original post... Im just wondering if anyone knows what nissan car these hubs go to so I can resale them. I bought them months ago otherwise I would just return them.

The seller had them advertised as S14 hubs but they clearly are not.
If you actually read my posts you would understand that, your the moron here.

Does anyone know what the G35 rear hubs look like? Because I cant think of anything else that these hubs might go to
Old 12-06-2019, 09:54 AM   #9
NashT
Zilvia Member

This is turning stupid fast.
Anyone that knows anything about 240's knows rear hubs are interchangeable while the fronts are not.

Beyond the idea of resale, I think i might actually pull one apart to mic the bearings and the hub itself. I know the stud knurls are 14.30, but the cv spline is 100% correct and eyeing it the bearings look identical.

What im getting at, if I can find out what the hell nissan car these are from...is I may have found a new avenue to get factory bearings and 5 lugs provided you have a press to disassemble and put back together with your factory hub flange.

And obviously pictures would help to explain what im talking about but im unable to upload, im happy to email or text the pics to anyone willing to post them so you can see what im talking about
Old 12-06-2019, 09:56 AM   #10
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
Not shit guys, fucking no shit.

Read my original post... Im just wondering if anyone knows what nissan car these hubs go to so I can resale them. I bought them months ago otherwise I would just return them.

The seller had them advertised as S14 hubs but they clearly are not.
If you actually read my posts you would understand that, your the moron here.

Does anyone know what the G35 rear hubs look like? Because I cant think of anything else that these hubs might go to

Ok.... lets break this down....

First...ur orignal post is confusing as fuck. Hence why ur getting answers to a question you feel like you didnt ask. In your last reply, you reworded it, so now like myself others can u derstand the true question ur asking

Next.... you have supplied not one picture(can easily search the forum and figure out multiple ways to upload pictures. Its done numerous times a day on this forum) to help anyone even start to identify the components youve purchased. Youve neglected to post any part numbers, identifying marks, or even a link to where you purchased the parts from. Without basic information, no one couldnt even start to give you the answer your so eager to find

Finally......your condensing tone you type your replies in, attitude towards others that are actually trying to help you and name calling are not appreciated. None of us are stuck in your dilemma, so we can all just say sucks tobe u and not help, which is the road im taking.

Good fucking luck and go fuck yourself!
Old 12-06-2019, 10:07 AM   #11
NashT
Zilvia Member

Im really thinking they are from a Z or g35

Anyone have one laying around to measure from ear to ear on one side of the 2 bolt holes?
Old 12-06-2019, 04:43 PM   #12
kyral
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
kyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Sorry for all the assholes.. Z32 have a goofy flange. youd kno right away if they were Z32

possible someone bought cheap hubs for a 350z to resell as 5 lug hubs for a 240sx thinking they are the same

gimme a day and I can get you measurements

What do you want measured
Old 12-06-2019, 05:27 PM   #13
NashT
Zilvia Member

Thanks for the post man

Yes im thinking they are from a 350/ G35

After googling rear hubs they sure do look identical to the 240s

Basically im just wondering out of curiosity if the center press in hub is the same, because if they are then we can use them to convert to 5 lug even cheaper, 350z hubs are dirt cheap in comparison, and really my only question is in wanting to know what nissan car these hubs I have go to.

I couldnt find any part numbers on the hubs themselves but there is a part number on the bearing.

I will try to upload pics with my computer tonight since I havent been able to using my phone.

And yeah the guy on ebay i bought them from for sure got me, but hey $65 bucks shipped for factory 5 lugs was a steal...except they arent S14 hubs lol

If you can just measure one side from end to end where the mounting bolts go, the hubs I have are just a fraction away from being 3 inches, where the 240 hubs are 2.5 inches.

Like just measure one side of where the bolts mount, hope thst makes sense
Old 12-07-2019, 11:13 AM   #14
kyral
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
kyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Thanks for the post man

Yes im thinking they are from a 350/ G35

After googling rear hubs they sure do look identical to the 240s

Basically im just wondering out of curiosity if the center press in hub is the same, because if they are then we can use them to convert to 5 lug even cheaper, 350z hubs are dirt cheap in comparison, and really my only question is in wanting to know what nissan car these hubs I have go to.

I couldnt find any part numbers on the hubs themselves but there is a part number on the bearing.

I will try to upload pics with my computer tonight since I havent been able to using my phone.

And yeah the guy on ebay i bought them from for sure got me, but hey $65 bucks shipped for factory 5 lugs was a steal...except they arent S14 hubs lol

If you can just measure one side from end to end where the mounting bolts go, the hubs I have are just a fraction away from being 3 inches, where the 240 hubs are 2.5 inches.

Like just measure one side of where the bolts mount, hope thst makes sense

for the mounting holes I measured roughly 93.5mm ID to ID and 55.5mm ID to ID.

The center bore was ~42.mm
and the whole bearing was about 45mm thick without flange

And this know nothing S14rebuild guy is neg reppin us all, be sure to return the favor

Last edited by kyral; 12-07-2019 at 04:44 PM..
kyral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 11:59 AM   #15
NashT
Zilvia Member

Kyral,

Thanks for the specs man, yep there were indeed 350z hubs.

Now i know what application they are from, thank you!

I already bought some other hubs for the rear, just waiting on the extended studs to come in before I mount them

And unfortunately guys the spindle once separated from the bearing on the 350z hubs is slightly larger on the outside diameter so it wont fit in the 240 rear bearings. I was really hoping I may have pioneered a new way to do a 5 lug rear swap, but no luck.

Thanks for the replies, I get the initial post was confusing by kyral got my meaning