Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-15-2006, 10:32 AM   #1
slideways2004
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
slideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slideways2004
s14 window switch is different

my window switch is messed up on my 95 s14. i bought another one but it has a different connector. i'm guessing it's from 97-98. is there anyway i can put just the drivers side window switch on the 95 panel or is it all 1 piece?
slideways2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2006, 07:49 PM   #2
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Welcome to 10 years ago. 95s use an external amp, 96-98s were redesigned due to switch problems and use an internal amp, therefore with a different plug. You can swap the door harness to a later model and use the 96-98 switch.

And I know for certain I've typed that same thing at least four times on here.
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:13 PM   #3
slideways2004
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
slideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slideways2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by R240NA
Welcome to 10 years ago. 95s use an external amp, 96-98s were redesigned due to switch problems and use an internal amp, therefore with a different plug. You can swap the door harness to a later model and use the 96-98 switch.

thank you for your post. i got confused with the little amp box b/c courtesy nissan listed the amp for 95-98. so i thought all had external amp. no wonder my friend couldn't find one on his 97
slideways2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:42 AM   #4
mehsilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
mehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Shit! My situation and my search has landed me here. And now I understand what my problem is. I purchased both a Window AMP and a new Windows switch for my 96 240.

I received and replaced the switch first, and my drivers side windows still wont roll up.

So i figured it was the amp. That came in yesterday, and I went to install it, and cannot find where it goes.

I PM'd the guy i bought the amp from to find out where this thing goes. I guess now, he's gonna think im an idiot, and tell me its the "switch" plug.

Anyone got any suggestions as to why, with a new switch/amp, my drivers side window still doesnt work?

(And does anyone need an external amp? LOL)
mehsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 06:08 PM   #5
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
If the switch is in fact good, the motor is dead. There's no other part in the driver side circuit.

And thank you for searching, you get a positive rep just for that.
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:41 AM   #6
subieboobie

Trader Rating: (0)
subieboobie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post

So can swap the 95 harness into the new door? Or am I screwed?
subieboobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:59 AM   #7
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by subieboobie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post

literally the second post on the page.

good job keeping florida FLORIDA

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 03:45 PM   #8
mewantkouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (36)
mewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by subieboobie View Post
You can only swap the 95 door harnes to 96-98. If you try to downgrade your your 96+ car to 95 your car will catch on fire.
mewantkouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:39 PM   #9
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
This topic is over 12 years old.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote