Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-17-2019, 01:49 PM   #1
NoFlex
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
NoFlex is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Illegally Imported Skylines in Florida?

Hey guys, I am looking to purchase an r33 skyline that is in Florida, its a 94 so it just became legal this year, however it was imported to the states years ago. I am curious as to what the legalities are of buying this and being able to register it in Illinois. It is 25 now, but it wasn't when it was brought into the states. Seems like Florida is full of illegally imported cars due to their laxed laws.

Thoughts? It is a good price, but is it worth the potential hassle/seizure?
NoFlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2019, 01:50 PM   #2
NoFlex
Zilvia Member

To add it has a Florida state tile with a matching VIN
Old 06-17-2019, 01:58 PM   #3
Green Arrow
BANNED

Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow
Its illegal and can never be legal (federally)....sucks but its better than buying it and it being seized!
10/10 wouldnt flex it *wink
Green Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:26 PM   #4
NoFlex
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Arrow View Post
Its illegal and can never be legal (federally)....sucks but its better than buying it and it being seized!
10/10 wouldnt flex it *wink
Right on, search continues
Old 06-17-2019, 03:38 PM   #5
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
Simple - just move to Florida and keep the car in its new habitat!

kanyedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 07:19 PM   #6
NoFlex
Zilvia Member

But once you have a US title aren't you good to go? How would the government know how the car was brought in?
Old 06-17-2019, 07:40 PM   #7
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
I'm not sure about that. But I believe cars and vessels have State Titles, not federal titles. Idk how Trump would find out about your R33.. I have a RHD S13 in Florida and it has a regular title but again, that's because Florida is slightly more chill than other states regarding registrations.. And if anything, you can continue to register it through Florida but using your IL address and with a FL license plate. That may be an option for you.

I know that because I looked into registering my CRF450R dirtbike for the street in FL (which is not allowed) but there is a loophole where we can use our FL address and register it in North Dakota which does not care if you register your dirtbike for the street. So yee
kanyedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 08:35 AM   #8
U12Bluebird
Zilvia Member

U12Bluebird is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanyedian View Post
Simple - just move to Florida and keep the car in its new habitat!

Or move to Canada.
U12Bluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 09:07 AM   #9
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFlex View Post
But once you have a US title aren't you good to go? How would the government know how the car was brought in?
The government logs just about every single item which makes it through our ports, regardless of a private import or a done by a broker.......

A car that was illegally imported will never have a "US" title. Simple. State title =/=Government title.

Car is tainted and probably already tagged in the system as such.

FL has much more lax lays, so you could probably get away with it. However, goodluck anywhere else in the US. If you choose to ignore the advice, just don't go honing around your local jurisdiction.......
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 01:50 PM   #10
Green Arrow
BANNED

Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow
Any federal body can take it even in florida. There was a company years back that started the skyline round up, forging documents/defrauding customs never goes unnoticed. They went through the company's records then went and seized the vehicles they sold.
Green Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 01:00 PM   #11
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
so export it to Canada, then re-import it.

prob more work than its worth.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 07:27 AM   #12
Farzam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
There are SoOoOoOo many illegal cars in the US being driven, sold, etc. Numbers don't lie. That being said, I don't condone or suggest it. Some people can afford the risk or are relatively discreet, so it isn't really a concern to them. SR swaps are federally illegal too, hasn't stopped thousands of people on this forum.
Old 07-04-2019, 02:54 PM   #13
izzy-
Zilvia Member

izzy- is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFlex View Post
Hey guys, I am looking to purchase an r33 skyline that is in Florida, its a 94 so it just became legal this year, however it was imported to the states years ago. I am curious as to what the legalities are of buying this and being able to register it in Illinois. It is 25 now, but it wasn't when it was brought into the states. Seems like Florida is full of illegally imported cars due to their laxed laws.

Thoughts? It is a good price, but is it worth the potential hassle/seizure?
Pass on that car.
Not hard to find a early r33 imported this year. I have seen a handful still fs at certain import companies.

Buying a car from Florida need some type of extra document now stating it wasn't in a flood if you live in illinois. Atleast thats what I saw when I was considering it.
izzy- is offline   Reply With Quote