Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-23-2019, 06:56 PM   #1
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Electric trucks

Guys this tread is dedicated to Rivian and Ford's billion dollar partnership, and the future all electric F-150. God Bless Elon Musk for getting the ball rolling!
Please feel free to throw your hate my way!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXFHgoon7lg
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2019, 07:16 PM   #2
Atli126

Trader Rating: (0)
Atli126 is making a name for him/her selfAtli126 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cool! No hate from me!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
Atli126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 08:30 PM   #3
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
No, I’m on board. This shit right here!!

https://youtu.be/poiJDxktMqo

Now I don’t know how this all works of a full days work in the real world. But that’s fucking amazing.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:41 PM   #4
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
i got to peek at the tesla semi trucks. its pretty beastly. 2motors per axle.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 12:03 PM   #5
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
i got to peek at the tesla semi trucks. its pretty beastly. 2motors per axle.
you watch the Truckla Youtube vid yet.

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 10:03 AM   #6
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
A small update, and a hybrid mustang dropping mid 2020.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...-2021-planned/
Old 11-01-2019, 09:31 AM   #7
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
an electric truck would be rad for towing, as soon as they can increase the range and decrease charge time.

5-600 mile range is a must.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 07:45 AM   #8
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

The trucks start with a 400 mile range. They will probably add a charging system similar to Tesla to increase the range. Remember, they have plenty of room with the truck vs the car.
Old 11-02-2019, 08:55 PM   #9
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
https://www.atlismotorvehicles.com/xt-truck

This looks very promising. I'm all in for an electric pick up as long as I can pull a 2 car trailer a decent way.
Old 11-03-2019, 10:02 AM   #10
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Dboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Subscribed
Dboyizmlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 05:58 AM   #11
souljaseth33
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
souljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to souljaseth33
I am excited for the Tesla pickup to be announced. Hopefully later this month.

I grabbed a few photos of the semi on a recent trip to CA. They wouldn't let us inside or take photos of the interior.

souljaseth33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 07:05 PM   #12
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

^^ That's awesome! Everyone should know, Volvo is owned by the Chinese Government and have fully operating electric semi trucks on the road . I saw an electric Coca Cola Truck in Austin, Texas last week. I did not see a logo on the truck but it said electric powered.

https://electrek.co/2019/02/21/volvo...ectric-trucks/
Old 11-09-2019, 07:05 AM   #13
souljaseth33
Zilvia Addict

souljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to all
Tesla Cybertruck to be announced Nov 21.

Performance model supposedly to be faster than Porsche 911...
Old 11-09-2019, 01:18 PM   #14
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
Quote:
Originally Posted by souljaseth33 View Post
Tesla Cybertruck to be announced Nov 21.

Performance model supposedly to be faster than Porsche 911...
Hopefully performance and towing are the same model because I want it allll. Totally ready to trade my Ram for one.
Old 11-09-2019, 03:22 PM   #15
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Tesla strikes first, 21 Nov they unveil their pick up truck.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...eal/index.html
Old 11-10-2019, 02:45 PM   #16
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
I’m looking forward to the wild, totally realistic promises (cost, release date, etc) that come from Elon’s mouth during the announcement.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:13 AM   #17
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
wouldnt be surprised if theres going to be delays and the product takes a year or two to get dialed in, but as the OP said its good they’re starting something. other than ford / rivian, doesnt seem like theres any competition. regardless excited to see what happens.

model 3 took a bit to get dailed in but seems to do well now. just test drove a model 3 long range few weeks ago with family member who wanted to get one. Was more responsive in handling than I anticipated for a 4,000lb car. only things I disliked was boring exterior / interior design, no carplay / android auto, large monitor in the center, 20 inch wheel only option for performance trim. if I were rich I could see daily driving one.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 03:22 PM   #18
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Here is another review.

https://youtu.be/5FrNmqYPX2I
Old 11-22-2019, 01:46 AM   #19
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Tesla cybertruck reveal. Idk what to think of it. No way production model's going to end up looking like that.

https://jalopnik.com/tesla-cybertruc...-it-1839984174
Old 11-22-2019, 05:10 AM   #20
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

This is the most ridiculous thing Elon has done so far.

I get the idea of wanting to make is soooo futuristic, but it actually looks ducking USELESS. I mean that “bed” isn’t even accessible.

I love Total Recall as much (probably more) than the next guy but those car designs were done nearly 30 years ago.

No Elon. Just no. Go back to the drawing board.

EDIT: guarantee Tesla stocks plunge today.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:13 AM   #21
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Said to my wife this morning, Tesla stocks are going to plummet today.

Down 6% right now.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:14 AM   #22
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

its not at all that pratical as an alternative to say a f150. maybe as an alternative to ridgeline or small truck it makes more sense.

i suspect this is closer to concept than finished model. I do like there being a 3 motor setup, 500 mile range, and how that might be the future for EV’s. not my thing but much more interesting and far less offensive than the mustang fat-e
Old 11-22-2019, 09:58 AM   #23
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

I watched the video and this shit is a disappointment to say the least!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-CWAZ9T30w
Old 11-22-2019, 01:22 PM   #24
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Best part of the whole thing was the shatterproof window demo...where both windows shattered. Lol
Old 11-23-2019, 07:40 AM   #25
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Shit was halirous on them shatter proof windows.

I know its a protype..but that shit is hideous. Nighthawk on wheels and no wings..uhhh.

At this point i feel like musk can roll out the weiner mobile, say its full electric n there be lines of people wantn to buy one
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 10:22 PM   #26
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

GM should have something by late ‘21, although there doesnt seem to be any meaningful details anywhere so far

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...ctric-pickups/
Old 11-25-2019, 08:54 AM   #27
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/11/25/...ns-hit-200000/

There’s apparently at least 200000 people with really bad taste that want one of these things. Wait until they find out it’s not going to cost close to $40 when it first comes out.
Old 11-25-2019, 09:36 AM   #28
souljaseth33
Zilvia Addict

Tesla will most likely release the mid or top tier models before the low end. They did this with the Model 3 when it was finally in production. So if you reserve one of the $39,000 model, it will be an even longer wait.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:44 PM   #29
U12Bluebird
Zilvia Member

U12Bluebird is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/11/25/...ns-hit-200000/

There’s apparently at least 200000 people with really bad taste that want one of these things. Wait until they find out it’s not going to cost close to $40 when it first comes out.
Too bad these deposits are all refundable.
U12Bluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 08:36 AM   #30
HannahHowton

HannahHowton is an unknown quantity at this point
And what truck do you want to have electrick one, but what is the best for you?
HannahHowton is offline   Reply With Quote