Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Administration > Forum Suggestions & Technical Support

Forum Suggestions & Technical Support Post any suggestions or questions related to this site.

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 06:53 PM   #31
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by zomgdrft View Post
Now I start actually creating posts about small petty things, and get flamed for pointing out good deals and/or other suggestive things to other members. I got flamed for no reason both on the Maaco thread and now my fog light one. Simply because "they don't like my car" or "I got the wrong paint job, or bought the wrong fog lights." Hah. Real nice. Idiots.
See, now maybe only a handful of Zilvians have cars that are close to being beyond scrutiny. Most of us, on the other hand, have piles. Anyone that makes the type of threads you've been making recently - be it a noob or a premie - would get the same treatment. And rightly so. Thing that gets people in your case is your attitude. The word humble is not in your vocabulary.
Instead you become combative and start name calling, like you just did there.
I, like many others that been around for a while, were just like you once - hot headed and eager to argue. But either you figure what the flow of Zilvia is and you go with it or you eventually get banned. Simple.

Here's some of my earliest Zilvia rep just to illustrate:

Even I made the mistake of taking Phlip on...
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2007, 07:51 PM   #32
Neejay
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Well said. Another way to avoid it, is to NOT name call. Although, there really isn't a reason to do so anyway, doing it will not help.

I've never understood why people get into a name calling match like its gradeschool, or even let it bother them that "someone over the internet that you have never met, don't need, or will ever meet" called you a name/don't like your idea. Not just talking about you, but in general.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:11 PM   #33
The Chad
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
The Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
^Wow, you think for yourself and do your own research and get positive results? No way!!

Thanks THATGUY!! I needed that little pick me up!
Old 11-08-2007, 07:53 PM   #34
zomgdrft
Zilvia Member

zomgdrft is not welcome here anymorezomgdrft is not welcome here anymorezomgdrft is not welcome here anymorezomgdrft is not welcome here anymorezomgdrft is not welcome here anymorezomgdrft is not welcome here anymorezomgdrft is not welcome here anymorezomgdrft is not welcome here anymorezomgdrft is not welcome here anymorezomgdrft is not welcome here anymorezomgdrft is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
See, now maybe only a handful of Zilvians have cars that are close to being beyond scrutiny. Most of us, on the other hand, have piles. Anyone that makes the type of threads you've been making recently - be it a noob or a premie - would get the same treatment. And rightly so. Thing that gets people in your case is your attitude. The word humble is not in your vocabulary.
Instead you become combative and start name calling, like you just did there.
I, like many others that been around for a while, were just like you once - hot headed and eager to argue. But either you figure what the flow of Zilvia is and you go with it or you eventually get banned. Simple.

Here's some of my earliest Zilvia rep just to illustrate:

Even I made the mistake of taking Phlip on...
This is just ridiculous. Basically what you're saying is either conform or prepare to always get negative feedback from the "in crowd."

The irony here being that this ixfxi character on here trolls these boards and insults members all day long yet never seems to have any negative actions against him. I start posting here, and call out a small number of peoples stupid actions, and get flamed/negged/whatever. Point is, if you're acting like a total jackass, i'm going to tell you so. That's just how I am. I suppose that could make me "not humble," on some form or another, but I rather consider myself simply blunt and to the point. I don't dance around the issue or the problem or whatever. I say what most people just think. And I've done it so far without breaking any forum rules, I may have bent some, but no more than this ixfxi character has either. So there's really no reason why I would get banned.

Anyways, it's quite apparent that the only way to achieve positive rep system is to conform to this "in crowd," or clique, as I stated earlier. It serves no real purpose aside from resembling a popularity contest. It doesn't impact trading or buying/selling on here so what's the point?

This has all just sort of blown out of proportion because I'm really a nice guy, as long as you respect me, I'll respect you. Plain and simple. None of these negative actions or words that I have spoken (typed) would have even been written had folks not attacked my decisions or suggestions in those two simple threads. I'll state it again, you can disagree with me all day long, that's fine, but do it in an adult manner. Don't start blatantly insulting/flaming me or others on here. Because I can be a far bigger ass than you. I promise.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:12 PM   #35
Edgar
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Edgar
Hey look at the bright side, at least you aren't zomgdrft
Old 11-08-2007, 08:18 PM   #36
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
This is just ridiculous. Basically what you're saying is either conform or prepare to always get negative feedback from the "in crowd."

The irony here being that this ixfxi character on here trolls these boards and insults members all day long yet never seems to have any negative actions against him. I start posting here, and call out a small number of peoples stupid actions, and get flamed/negged/whatever. Point is, if you're acting like a total jackass, i'm going to tell you so. That's just how I am. I suppose that could make me "not humble," on some form or another, but I rather consider myself simply blunt and to the point. I don't dance around the issue or the problem or whatever. I say what most people just think. And I've done it so far without breaking any forum rules, I may have bent some, but no more than this ixfxi character has either. So there's really no reason why I would get banned.

Anyways, it's quite apparent that the only way to achieve positive rep system is to conform to this "in crowd," or clique, as I stated earlier. It serves no real purpose aside from resembling a popularity contest. It doesn't impact trading or buying/selling on here so what's the point?

This has all just sort of blown out of proportion because I'm really a nice guy, as long as you respect me, I'll respect you. Plain and simple. None of these negative actions or words that I have spoken (typed) would have even been written had folks not attacked my decisions or suggestions in those two simple threads. I'll state it again, you can disagree with me all day long, that's fine, but do it in an adult manner. Don't start blatantly insulting/flaming me or others on here. Because I can be a far bigger ass than you. I promise.
You've chosen the wrong name for this argument.
When you speak of how Mike (ixifi) handles people, YOU are ignoring the fact that we've known Mike and have come to expect this of him for over 6 years on my part, longer for others... Fact of the matter is that this is what most of us LIKE about Mike, among other things.
No one knew you, so the INSTANT you started popping off at the lip about everyone who didn't immediately think that you were the new cool kid, you fell to the wrong side of the equation. Perhaps you have waited until now to try and respond to how that may have rubbed you, but the fact of the matter is that you're STILL not seeing the forest for the trees.
There is really no "in crowd" to conform to, but I assure you that continuing to converse about it will be no help at all, never has been, and I just don't see that precedent being reversed. "Think before you post" is a better way to go about it, that goes hand-in-hand with "search before you ask," these things both go a long way toward avoiding what even becomes that argument that sees a member go so deep in the red.
Now, if you don't mind, please let this thread die, as the original poster of the thread has had his issue addressed.

And I write too!
Old 11-08-2007, 09:26 PM   #37
jackjack
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
jackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Edgar's my hero.......

meh.... dont worry too much about rep. like it was posted above, avoid fights/name calling.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:46 PM   #38
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:

NP, I don't know why I even bothered - guess, like I mentioned elsewhere, you kinda of remind me of myself a few years back. No matter, carry on in whichever way makes YOUR stay at Zilvia a positive one.

Quote:
Perhaps, I think otherwise. You'd be surprised how these Zilvian "idiots and assholes" can come through in a pinch when a fellow "asshole" needs help.

Quote:
And you've proven it and look where it's gotten you.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:20 AM   #39
DOOK
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I am one of the said assholes and have been saved by other fellow assholes.... ironically, none of the NONassholes have ever offered help...weird huh.

Old 11-11-2007, 05:19 PM   #40
koukimonster139
Zilvia FREAK!

koukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to koukimonster139
humm

i love assholes too
Old 11-12-2007, 01:55 PM   #41
bRUt@L`S13
BANNED

bRUt@L`S13 is on the path to ruinbRUt@L`S13 is on the path to ruinbRUt@L`S13 is on the path to ruin
ya is started a new name bcuz my other 1 had horrible rep. one guy who was an asshole left a bad rep with comments on every thread i started. kinda unfair huh?

*PHLIP EDIT*
This is not how to get a fresh start on reputation, this user name has been banned permanently, he may come back with his old name in 3 months and attempt to grow up.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:31 PM   #42
motorsnail
Zilvia Addict

motorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to allmotorsnail is a name known to all
I got a cool question didnt even search before I posted........Why was this thread made? I got fliped off by an old lady earlier and I have yet to make a thread about the travisty I mean I cant sleep at night!! Fuckin old lady!!
Old 11-12-2007, 04:14 PM   #43
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Please let this thread die peacefully

And I write too!
Old 11-16-2007, 02:22 PM   #44
suaknee
BANNED

suaknee has a brilliant futuresuaknee has a brilliant futuresuaknee has a brilliant futuresuaknee has a brilliant futuresuaknee has a brilliant futuresuaknee has a brilliant futuresuaknee has a brilliant futuresuaknee has a brilliant futuresuaknee has a brilliant futuresuaknee has a brilliant futuresuaknee has a brilliant future
I just want to know how do you read that meter....

What is the dark green squares and the lit up green ones mean?
Old 11-17-2007, 04:01 PM   #45
k's_silvia2.0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
k's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to k's_silvia2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaknee View Post
I just want to know how do you read that meter....

What is the dark green squares and the lit up green ones mean?
Aww dude just let it go your not red no more so keep it that way.
First is "Oh I got neg rep" Now its "Oh I got green rep"Give it a rest.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:08 AM   #46
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
I've searched and found all results as well, it isn't difficult. How the heck do you think I put my s14 back togehter when I bought it in pieces Places like zilvia, nico, and 240sxforums are great resources.

Now I start actually creating posts about small petty things, and get flamed for pointing out good deals and/or other suggestive things to other members. I got flamed for no reason both on the Maaco thread and now my fog light one. Simply because "they don't like my car" or "I got the wrong paint job, or bought the wrong fog lights." Hah. Real nice. Idiots.

The more you cry, the more neg rep you get, period. Get used to it. You got repped for the maaco thread because maaco is the shittiest place ever to get a paint job. You probably got repped for the fog lights because you most likely bought them at pep boys or some shit. I guarantee you are getting flamed hardcore for your posts on this thread, and you DESERVE it! Now shut the fuck up and take your rep like a man!
Old 11-18-2007, 02:49 AM   #47
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

^^^ You know we ALL told him JUST that TWELVE DAYS ago, right?
I have asked people to let this thread die peacefully, but it seems I should have killed it right then.

And I write too!
Closed Thread