Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-13-2019, 08:02 AM   #31
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'd still gladly pay $600 for a set of brand new OEM re-pop fenders (as long as they were as perfect as OEM)

Thats really not an unreasonable price. Hell, a few years back S13 pop up fenders from the dealer were just shy of $400 a piece. Look at nissanparts.cc, they're still selling tons of expensive OEM stuff. That brand new fuel pump hangar / sending unit they posted up as $400+. People are dropping 5-600 on new type x lights, and type x aero. Maybe its worth reaching out to them to see what they can get..

I / we understand that not everybody is after metal fenders, but I'd be willing to put my money on more people would own metal fenders if they were more readily available in new / great shape.

Also, J, you and I both know a ton of dudes that are in their 30's and still playing with 240's.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2019, 08:28 AM   #32
NashT
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
NashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
[QUOTE=SupaDoopa;6346481]Gayest use of Tokyo Drift quote ever. Maybe you could have asked them what SSR stads for.

Haha yes!! I was hoping you would catch that shit! I think I love you for knowing that.

Again...no where on those wheels does it say "SSR" just Speed Star and some Japanese Writing. So not that it makes a difference im assuming my set was produced before Speed Star was bought out.
NashT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 09:04 AM   #33
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashT View Post
Again...no where on those wheels does it say "SSR" just Speed Star and some Japanese Writing. So not that it makes a difference im assuming my set was produced before Speed Star was bought out.
Just a heads up... SSR is Speed Star Racing and Speed Star Racing is SSR regardless of ownership. I believe Tanabe owns SSR now and nothings really changed. Still the same manufacturing methods and still made in Japan.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 09:12 AM   #34
NashT
Zilvia Member

NashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choicesNashT has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
Just a heads up... SSR is Speed Star Racing and Speed Star Racing is SSR regardless of ownership. I believe Tanabe owns SSR now and nothings really changed. Still the same manufacturing methods and still made in Japan.
Again my wheels do not say that.
They say: Speed Star Co.

So no I would not have pulled the acronym SSR for what clearly would have been SSC which is actually another Rim brand

Please look at the link to the post my friend made with pictures so we stop continuing to beat this dead horse 🐎
Old 06-13-2019, 09:35 AM   #35
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
I'd still gladly pay $600 for a set of brand new OEM re-pop fenders (as long as they were as perfect as OEM)

Thats really not an unreasonable price. Hell, a few years back S13 pop up fenders from the dealer were just shy of $400 a piece. Look at nissanparts.cc, they're still selling tons of expensive OEM stuff. That brand new fuel pump hangar / sending unit they posted up as $400+. People are dropping 5-600 on new type x lights, and type x aero. Maybe its worth reaching out to them to see what they can get..

I / we understand that not everybody is after metal fenders, but I'd be willing to put my money on more people would own metal fenders if they were more readily available in new / great shape.

Also, J, you and I both know a ton of dudes that are in their 30's and still playing with 240's.
Steve, why can't you just kiss me like you used to? It's really sad that we don't intertwine our bodies like that anymore. We made art together; real art.

Quote:

So no I would not have pulled the acronym SSR for what clearly would have been SSC which is actually another Rim brand

Please look at the link to the post my friend made with pictures so we stop continuing to beat this dead horse 🐎
No one has to look at any links. Speed Star is a trademarked name and always will be. Again, we wouldn't be beating a dead horse if you'd be smart enough to make that conclusion when you Google'd it. If you even took the name your friend posted of the wheel and Google'd it, SSR comes up. SSR = Speed Star = Speed Star Co = sPeEd sTaR cO = 5p33d 574r c0 = whatever other jumble fuck of letters and synonyms you'd like to use.

Let's put this in terms you'll be able to understand. Toyota = Lexus = Scion. Call it what you want, they're the same fucking thing.

/thread
/mods delete
/mods ban OP
/are any mods even on this forum anymore
/wild steve is my soul mate
/wild steve is my mate
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 10:03 AM   #36
NashT
Zilvia Member

I googled it after posting on here, as mentioned previously.

You come off as a super bleak dude man, have you ever said anything without negativity embedded somewhere?

I did enjoy your ranting correlations though, made me laugh
Old 06-13-2019, 10:12 AM   #37
NashT
Zilvia Member

Also, no honestly I never knew what SSR standed for let alone was an acronym.

Remember the clothing brand FUBU? That was an acronym, but one with several different meanings depending on what ethnic group you asked.

And no I didnt ask one of the guys in my ratpack, as I said earlier, I should have just googled first.
And finally, I dont believe in a "dumb" question in a simple sense, if someone doesnt know so.ething they should ask, otherwise they would stay dumb without growing with new knowledge.

So have I really asked any dumb questions? Or should I just have reframed from reaching out to guys in the import scene to ask a question about a wheel Id never heard of, or just used google?
Old 06-13-2019, 10:33 AM   #38
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:

wasnt jumping your shit man... just passing along info is all i really dont bust peoples balls anymore. theres no point. id rather share information freely and help educate someone than make them feel bad for simple ignorance.

Old 06-13-2019, 11:24 AM   #39
NashT
Zilvia Member

Quote:
wasnt jumping your shit man... just passing along info is all i really dont bust peoples balls anymore. theres no point. id rather share information freely and help educate someone than make them feel bad for simple ignorance.
Nah Dorki my troll was towards Supa, i appreciate your educated replys Dorki.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:48 PM   #40
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Why do I come off negative? Because there is well over two decades of information on this forum. Two decades. That's twenty years... and that's just one forum. Making threads and then Googling AFTER isn't how this works. You're lucky it's me here and now versus this forum a couple years ago in it's peak and I had moderation power when I was more active myself. You would have been savagely destroyed and then IP banned leaving you to venture to a different forum like NICO where the same result would happen. Use this as a Zilvia lesson or even for any forum in the future before they become so antiquated that they no longer exist. There is literally a disclosure when you make an account that says SEARCH BEFORE YOU POST. I think there is a whole array of emoji's because we deal with this on a daily basis. I don't like to be a douche and I'm actually quite the opposite in person but when you see this type of stuff for the nearly 10 years I've been here, it gets old. It gets really old.
Old 06-15-2019, 08:55 PM   #41
240sxcure
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
240sxcure is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I would also pay $600 for a set of new s13 silvia fenders.
240sxcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 08:40 PM   #42
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Supa seems like a nice guy. I'd be his friend irl
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 12:00 PM   #43
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Accepting friends. If you're interested, I'll send you my VENMO.
Old 06-25-2019, 12:30 PM   #44
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
will i get access to your premium snap chat? are you reporting the boobie monies you make to the IRS?
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 02:52 PM   #45
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

All funds are being reported directly to my bank account. You'll get premium content solely dependent on the gratuity you provide.
Old 06-27-2019, 12:50 PM   #46
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Brand new metal fenders that are close to OE dimensions is possible. However, they won't be $600.

There will be two aspects of this that will throw people off...

1) MOQ: probably at least 200+ pairs for any factory to even consider.
2) Cost: it's not just the cost of the fenders. Since they are no longer available new, a factory cannot just find a part number and reproduce it. They would either need a car to test/measure with, or brand new, untouched OE fenders to reproduce from (and still require some type of jig to have it mounted in the proper location.

After all said and done, we are looking at probably $150-300k in investment with people constantly asking "can I get it for $600?"

No sane company would develop a product like this. And no sane buyer will pay $2000-3000 for a pair of OE fenders.
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 01:43 PM   #47
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
There are definitely people out there willing to spend money on these types of things.
Just look at what nissan has done with the GTR. You can now buy new GTR quarters. but they arnt mass produced anymore and are priced as such. $1500 USD each side.
Old 06-27-2019, 02:19 PM   #48
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Can’t Nissan just bring back s-chassis reproduction parts like they’re doing for R-chassis..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 02:30 PM   #49
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Can’t Nissan just bring back s-chassis reproduction parts like they’re doing for R-chassis..
LOL! Nissan USA refuses to even acknowledge our cars existed in the first place.

Not sure about other places in the world, but i wouldnt hold my breath. If the R-Chassis parts thing does well, MAYBE one day well start seeing those much needed fenders return... but honestly, dont count on seeing restoration parts for the S-Chassis coming out of Japan anytime soon.

Keep in mind though, theres still tons of little things you can find for the car (OE rubber etc) to restore with. hell, i just picked up a brand new hatch weather stripping for $180 (WORTH EVERY PENNY BTW! gets rid of SO much unwanted noise from the hatch area), brand new hood bumpers and new hatch bumpers. Gonna be grabbing brand new front windshield molding surround soon along with new inner door weatherstripping (the part where the glass rests against). Also picked up brand new weather stripping for the sun roof glass earlier this year.

Old 06-27-2019, 03:05 PM   #50
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
Brand new metal fenders that are close to OE dimensions is possible. However, they won't be $600.

There will be two aspects of this that will throw people off...

1) MOQ: probably at least 200+ pairs for any factory to even consider.
2) Cost: it's not just the cost of the fenders. Since they are no longer available new, a factory cannot just find a part number and reproduce it. They would either need a car to test/measure with, or brand new, untouched OE fenders to reproduce from (and still require some type of jig to have it mounted in the proper location.

After all said and done, we are looking at probably $150-300k in investment with people constantly asking "can I get it for $600?"

No sane company would develop a product like this. And no sane buyer will pay $2000-3000 for a pair of OE fenders.
this thread needs this stickied in post one and locked.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 03:17 PM   #51
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Man where do you find all the weather stripping and rubber pieces lol. Honestly I’d love to find the new rubber where the door window seals between the window and the mirror. This I cannot find and I heard the newer door seals don’t even have that part included.

Quote:

Keep in mind though, theres still tons of little things you can find for the car (OE rubber etc) to restore with. hell, i just picked up a brand new hatch weather stripping for $180 (WORTH EVERY PENNY BTW! gets rid of SO much unwanted noise from the hatch area), brand new hood bumpers and new hatch bumpers. Gonna be grabbing brand new front windshield molding surround soon along with new inner door weatherstripping (the part where the glass rests against). Also picked up brand new weather stripping for the sun roof glass earlier this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 03:25 PM   #52
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
this thread needs this stickied in post one and locked.
and people STILL wouldnt read it!

Old 06-27-2019, 03:26 PM   #53
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Man where do you find all the weather stripping and rubber pieces lol. Honestly I’d love to find the new rubber where the door window seals between the window and the mirror. This I cannot find and I heard the newer door seals don’t even have that part included.
Z1 Motorsports is an EXCELLENT source for tracking these parts down. ive been finding most everything im looking for via eBay

Old 06-27-2019, 08:46 PM   #54
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph_KYAS13 View Post
Just look at what nissan has done with the GTR. You can now buy new GTR quarters. but they arnt mass produced anymore and are priced as such. $1500 USD each side.
The S14 quarters when mass produced were between $850 and $1100.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 08:49 PM   #55
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Z1 Motorsports is an EXCELLENT source for tracking these parts down. ive been finding most everything im looking for via eBay
Also NissanParts.cc gets a ton odd ball stuff too.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 11:18 PM   #56
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Also NissanParts.cc gets a ton odd ball stuff too.
oh i was there earlier today and i have a very full list of things to buy in the next few months

Old 06-28-2019, 06:42 AM   #57
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
I think one thing that isn't being considered here is that aftermarket companies were already making replacement non-OE fenders for the S13 much like they do for just about every other car on the road. The only problem is that these cars are at best 26 years old now- so most of them are now discontinued.

Here's one result produced from a quick Google search:

https://www.nationalautobody.com/cat...7oiag302m2ovc4

And another from eBay:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/y2tvm5lb

So the whole argument of "a company would NEVER be stupid enough to produce a replacement metal fender for the S13" is kind of invalid since it has already been done by multiple companies. Maybe the approach that would make the most sense would be reaching out to one of those companies to see how many orders they would need to start reproduction. I realize it's unlikely, but it wouldn't be a bad place to start if someone really wants to make this happen.

Obviously this does not include JDM S13 Silvia fenders, but you get the idea. I don't know if something similar ever existed in Japan or not. I just bought a replacement aftermarket metal fender for my Pontiac Vibe (lol) for $72 shipped on eBay a couple weeks back and it fit like a glove. How they can even produce and ship something like that for so cheap is beyond me.

Again, slightly off the rails since this refers to USDM metal fenders and not JDM Silvia fenders. No idea how aftermarket replacement parts like this work in Japan or if that is even a thing there.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 07:52 AM   #58
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
those are discontinued. i stumbled on that site years ago. they havent produced replacement fenders since like 2010-2012 i think is what they told me...

Quote:

new old stock... production dates on those fenders are 2009. came from the same company as national auto body link got them from. the manufacturer is called Tong Yang Group over in Taiwan. my guess is they got a hold of the stamp Nissan was originally using. I just sent them an email to see if theyd be willing to make another run of fenders as I would be able to help the company sell them.

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 06-28-2019 at 09:14 AM..
Old 06-28-2019, 11:13 AM   #59
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Quote:

So the whole argument of "a company would NEVER be stupid enough to produce a replacement metal fender for the S13" is kind of invalid since it has already been done by multiple companies. Maybe the approach that would make the most sense would be reaching out to one of those companies to see how many orders they would need to start reproduction. I realize it's unlikely, but it wouldn't be a bad place to start if someone really wants to make this happen.
Part of your assumption is that these companies actually own the rights to the mold, when in reality it is often contract work or approved OE aftermarket replacement fenders.

Many times, part of the contract stipulates that if it is discontinued, the factory no longer has rights to reproduce the fenders. Tooling is a very expensive part of OE parts manufacturing, and most of the auto makers rely on parts suppliers to absorb the cost of tooling so they can reduce their R&D costs.

And going back to a point I made earlier... it will not be $600 for new fenders. The more people believe that the more it won't happen.
Old 06-28-2019, 11:18 AM   #60
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
The R32 Heritage parts are not produced by Nissan.

Nissan discontinued them, Nismo is taking over production of it. It's probably made by the same factory but this is more of a customer service decision, since Nismo (especially Omori Factory) still refurbishes/refreshes R32s on a weekly fashion for customers in Japan.

From a purely cost perspective, Nissan is shifting the costs of holding onto these parts and associated production contract off their books and onto Nismo.