Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
picsbypenny
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
picsbypenny is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Twin Turbo V8 S13 Build!!!!

the build!

It all started when I bought my first 240 to build a drag car but that car was far to fucked to do anything with so i parted it out and sold the rest of it back to the original owner lol. I purchased my coupe next and yet again got another fucked up car but I modded it still. i got it looking pretty nice then my buddy said he needed a car for his gf so he offered to trade his 240 shell + cash for my coupe. i was like fuck it what do i got to lose i was gonna rip out the motor anyways at least this frame wasn’t fucked.

so we traded cars and on march 1st I was the proud owner of a 240 shell with no suspension and nothing on the car. When I got the car I took no time to waste and got my suspension on (mdu coilovers) and my wheels from my other 240 (xxr006). by the end of the night I had the car sitting on the ground slammed and looking good.

The original plan was to buy my buddy's back up motor for his dragster but i couldn’t afford it. So my next free day me and my buddy Eddie went junkyard hunting for a sbc. We finally got to u pull it and talked to the guys running the place and they said they had just got a chevy truck in that I could possibly pull the motor from. We checked out the motor and it turned over and had compression when we rotated the assembly so the next step was to negotiate the price and get working on pulling the motor. By time the junkyard was closing we had the motor and trans pulled and started loading it into my buddy's van. We got back to the car around five and decided to shoe horn the motor in.

Well we got it in but there was no way in hell that the car was gonna work like that so we just left it there for the night. we started drinking next to the car and we were both starring at the cutoff wheel and we basically said fuck it lets make it fit tonight and we did. The next day Eddie got the motor mounts welded in so the motor was sitting pretty now. I’m gonna skip through the bull shit drama that happened all around this phase. The car ended up at a new location and work continued. i soon acquired more parts that I needed an some that I didn’t. the plan from the start was to TT the SBC but after Eddie showed me the first turbo we both came to the conclusion that a single was enough.

After more motivational and only being 9 days into the build we decided to tackle the next big step, which was the tunnel and god, this is a bitch. We picked up some recycled sheet metal to make the tunnel since I didn’t really care what it looked like. So we bent cut and tacked shit in place and got a pretty wicked looking tunnel.

After a couple more days we started to get the turbo mani's mocked into place. With the size of the turbo we needed lots of exhaust pressure and a short distance of travel for minimal lag so what better place to put it than right in front of the motor. We got more stuff for the car and got a lot of stuff buttoned up and got all the minimal wiring stuff done to start the car. This is where shit started to go downhill, and quickly. We tried starting the car with loading the motor with just the essentials to fire up, spark fuel and air. Well we kept doing it and figured the dist had to be 180 off since it wasn’t firing. Well we re stabbed it and tried starting it and it started to go so we added more fuel. Well when we opened up the throttle to add my fuel the carb backfired. This caught the fuel in the bottle on fire, which was dropped, which caught the car on fire then almost the house. We were able to put the fire out with the water hose. I almost gave up on the car that night but the next day when we looked over it we realized it really wasn’t too bad.

We kept our heads up and kept working. We finished up all the wiring for all the lights and everything for the car to run and drive. We did a pretty epic wire tuck and took out about 20lbs of wiring oh and we cut some holes in the hood to make stuff fit!

Day I blew the turbo!

So after blowing up the Holset I decided to do my dream setup the TTSBC. Twin 50mm T3/T4 Ebay Turbos LOL! Here it sits now...

Last edited by picsbypenny; 01-11-2012 at 03:56 PM..
picsbypenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2012, 05:06 PM   #2
buentellomma
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
buentellomma is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
nice ! way to think outside the box a little bit...... your far braver than myself using ebay turbos
buentellomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #3
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (79)
jdm2191 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
Thats a ugly V8! as long as it runs though lol
Old 01-10-2012, 05:23 PM   #4
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
you misspelled "drift"
Old 01-10-2012, 05:29 PM   #5
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
looks pretty neat, are those just ebay turbo manifolds with the twin turbo setup?
Old 01-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #6
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
EsChassisLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Daniel,

Why the fuck are those turbos internally gated?

I never noticed until now lol. SEtting yourself up for some boost creep, I promise lol.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #7
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
at least he got girls to stand next to his car.
bb4_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:23 PM   #8
STL240SXDRIFT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
STL240SXDRIFT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
And this is a thread because...?
STL240SXDRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #9
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
I do not approve. Sorry but this is way to ghetto i don't give a fuck mentality for me. I am surprised it runs still.
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #10
RedSiBaron
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
RedSiBaron is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
rat rod as fuck.

its like a $5 hooker that will take your drugs, then stab you...
RedSiBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #11
MedHat240sx
Zilvia Member

MedHat240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
what rims are those? cuz ive bin looking for a set exactly like that
MedHat240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:53 PM   #12
WholeGrainS13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
WholeGrainS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Sweet build. More pics of said "baby"
WholeGrainS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:57 PM   #13
teh smithers
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
teh smithers is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
This has the potential to be pretty cool, if the car was given quality parts and attention to detail. Can't have a dream build without those.
teh smithers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:53 AM   #14
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Thread needs more first picture.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:03 AM   #15
josephin510
Zilvia Junkie

josephin510 is an unknown quantity at this point
How the fuck you blow out a holset????
Old 01-11-2012, 01:33 AM   #16
ih8bmps
Leaky Injector

ih8bmps is an unknown quantity at this point
i have a few questions as well, how much boost did you end up running on it, and what did it do down the quarter mile? was there a tune on the motor or just stock junk yard engine with a turbo mounted on it? any hp numbers ect? seems like a cool back yard build but im sure alot of us are wondering the same things i asked.
ih8bmps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:34 AM   #17
240KA
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
we finally have someone who is willing to publicly admit that he runs ebay turbos. can't you guys just stfu and see how long they last without scaring him off?
240KA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:21 AM   #18
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephin510 View Post
99% chance he got it used...
Old 01-11-2012, 09:11 AM   #19
picsbypenny
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buentellomma View Post
nice ! way to think outside the box a little bit...... your far braver than myself using ebay turbos
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2191 View Post
Thats a ugly V8! as long as it runs though lol
Junkyard Dog comes to mind when I was building this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
you misspelled "drift"
I tried typing it out but then it autocorrected to drag again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
looks pretty neat, are those just ebay turbo manifolds with the twin turbo setup?
Yes, but I only bought the manifolds online... I picked up the turbos from a local parts distributor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsChassisLove View Post
Daniel,

Why the fuck are those turbos internally gated?

I never noticed until now lol. SEtting yourself up for some boost creep, I promise lol.
This setup only needs to last until I finish my motor build lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb4_96 View Post
at least he got girls to stand next to his car.
That's the easy part lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL240SXDRIFT View Post
And this is a thread because...?
I have no life

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark123 View Post
I do not approve. Sorry but this is way to ghetto i don't give a fuck mentality for me. I am surprised it runs still.
thankyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
rat rod as fuck.

its like a $5 hooker that will take your drugs, then stab you...
YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!! but more like $3 hooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyattkerner View Post
what rims are those? cuz ive bin looking for a set exactly like that
XXR 006 with 17x9 +30 225/45

Quote:
Originally Posted by WholeGrainS13 View Post
Sweet build. More pics of said "baby"
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarSilvia View Post
Thread needs more first picture.
one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh smithers View Post
This has the potential to be pretty cool, if the car was given quality parts and attention to detail. Can't have a dream build without those.
The dream was to build a fun car with less than $5k in under a year that I could have fun with at the track!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by murda-c View Post
Yes, the turbo was used, but rebuilt. When my buddy rebuilt it though he put a huge fucking exhaust housing on that most diesels would have a hard time spooling. So I did what any dumbass would do to spool this big of a turbo... I hit it with nitrous and bye bye seals lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ih8bmps View Post
i have a few questions as well, how much boost did you end up running on it, and what did it do down the quarter mile? was there a tune on the motor or just stock junk yard engine with a turbo mounted on it? any hp numbers ect? seems like a cool back yard build but im sure alot of us are wondering the same things i asked.
I will answer these when I get official numbers with video and paper documentation... this car probably won't see a 1/4mile since I'm geared for the 1/8th mile... 4.08's and a 3 speed... Carb is built and tuned for boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240KA View Post
we finally have someone who is willing to publicly admit that he runs ebay turbos. can't you guys just stfu and see how long they last without scaring him off?
No worries... I don't really get ran off sites unless I get banned.. I'll let everyone know how long the turbos last when they break
Old 01-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #20
TPS240sxS13
Zilvia Member

TPS240sxS13 is on the path to ruinTPS240sxS13 is on the path to ruin
needs more RB
TPS240sxS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #21
Purestock240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
Purestock240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPS240sxS13 View Post
needs more RB
excellent contribution to the thread!

this build is sick, ive been wanting to go sbc in an s13
Purestock240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:50 AM   #22
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
needs more RB
No it doesn't, it's refreshing to see something new for a change instead of SR/RB swaps all over the place. Props to OP on being different and your lady friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:42 PM   #23
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Creative, but it doesnt fit well enough to justify all the hacking and fabrication.

hoods are nice.
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:53 PM   #24
nickkaplz
Leaky Injector

nickkaplz is an unknown quantity at this point
this has become my favorite build on zilvia
nickkaplz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #25
vas570sx
Zilvia Addict

vas570sx is an unknown quantity at this point
your girls knees look a little scraped up, just sayin..
Old 01-11-2012, 03:20 PM   #26
deathrace2000
Zilvia Member

deathrace2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
You should get a small cowl scoop to cover the holes in the hood. Otherwise, not bad.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:10 PM   #27
josephin510
Zilvia Junkie

josephin510 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by murda-c View Post
lol This convo is NEW SIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by picsbypenny View Post
Yes, the turbo was used, but rebuilt. When my buddy rebuilt it though he put a huge fucking exhaust housing on that most diesels would have a hard time spooling. So I did what any dumbass would do to spool this big of a turbo... I hit it with nitrous and bye bye seals lol.
No worries... I don't really get ran off sites unless I get banned.. I'll let everyone know how long the turbos last when they break
Dont get me wrong i love the do it yourself feel of this car but damn man! Nitrous,v8,twin turbo and nissan should be more a little more win. Would like to see this project in its finished state keep updates coming.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #28
picsbypenny
Zilvia Member

Quote:
needs more RB
buy me RB30 ill put in Nissan Hardbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purestock240 View Post
excellent contribution to the thread!

this build is sick, ive been wanting to go sbc in an s13
Do it, its super cheap to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalypso123 View Post
Creative, but it doesnt fit well enough to justify all the hacking and fabrication.

hoods are nice.
There's a lot of room after we cut shit up... that's part of the fun

see....

New tubular radiator support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickkaplz View Post
this has become my favorite build on zilvia
Thank You!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrace2000 View Post
You should get a small cowl scoop to cover the holes in the hood. Otherwise, not bad.
On order!

Quote:
lol This convo is NEW SIG

Dont get me wrong i love the do it yourself feel of this car but damn man! Nitrous,v8,twin turbo and nissan should be more a little more win. Would like to see this project in its finished state keep updates coming.
Will do!
Old 01-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #29
Danial
Zilvia Member

Danial is an unknown quantity at this point
You're then man.

I want to start a build like this next year, but on an s30
Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #30
Pinggg