Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:57 AM   #1
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Like chicken wings? Check out aWingThing.com!

I made a brand new site dedicated to all things chicken wings. I lo'me some chicken wings. My buddies and I will get together and fry up a giant vat and we're constantly going out to a few local places so we decided we were going to start making trips to wing places locally and maybe across the country.

So check it out. Bookmark it. Comment. Keep watching.

The site is only a week old so there's probably some technical issues here and there. And I'm not a professional writer, just a dude that loves wings, so there's bound to be some grammatical errors.

aWingThing.Com

When I was in Detroit last month my friend and I went to a place downtown called Sweetwater and had their wings. This is really what inspired me to make a site all about wings. We couldn't stop talking about how awesome these wings were.

My friends and I are planning a trip to Detroit in the summer probably so they can all try'em too.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:31 PM   #2
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
you should have asked about wings when you were coming to STL... Syberg's has the baddest wings on earth.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:33 PM   #3
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Hey Mel, if you check out more Wisconsin/Milwaukee area places let me know. i'll tag along.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:46 PM   #4
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
you should have asked about wings when you were coming to STL... Syberg's has the baddest wings on earth.
I didn't make it to STL last year. If there's a wing place though that is the bomb I can set up a little strip. STL isn't that far from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
Hey Mel, if you check out more Wisconsin/Milwaukee area places let me know. i'll tag along.
Will do man. The more the marriererer.

Some of the places we're planning on in the near future is Magoo's (even though we always go there), and Major Goolsby's downtown.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:33 PM   #5
undesiredshoe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
undesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to undesiredshoe
Ahh man legend larrys in sheboygan is the best. I miss eating it all the time.

Quaker Steak and Lube in Madisons also got some good wings
Old 02-03-2010, 03:40 PM   #6
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by undesiredshoe View Post
Ahh man legend larrys in sheboygan is the best. I miss eating it all the time.

Quaker Steak and Lube in Madisons also got some good wings
That is one of the places we're planning on going soon also. I heard they are really good.

Know of any others in the area?
Old 02-03-2010, 05:05 PM   #7
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
I came into the thread thinking it was about this thing.

I love hot wings. Cant wait to go through the site more.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:03 PM   #8
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
What is this spam???

When are you guys going to mecca?
Old 02-03-2010, 11:26 PM   #9
undesiredshoe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
undesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to undesiredshoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
That is one of the places we're planning on going soon also. I heard they are really good.

Know of any others in the area?
There aren't any other big wing places in Sheboygan that I know of and I don't know about Madison as I just moved here.

Quaker Steak's got some pretty good wings, nice variety of flavors and IMO, their Atomic wings are pretty hot, Id say they are hotter than Legend Larrys.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:35 PM   #10
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
You should put a wing database (restaurants) on there that guests can update.

ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:49 AM   #11
napaKAliboog
BANNED

napaKAliboog is an unknown quantity at this point
You guys might flame me but I like wing stop...
napaKAliboog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:04 AM   #12
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
What is this spam???

When are you guys going to mecca?
Yes...

And what is mecca?

Quote:
Originally Posted by undesiredshoe View Post
There aren't any other big wing places in Sheboygan that I know of and I don't know about Madison as I just moved here.

Quaker Steak's got some pretty good wings, nice variety of flavors and IMO, their Atomic wings are pretty hot, Id say they are hotter than Legend Larrys.
There's quit a few places here in Milwaukee. We'll be hitting them all up very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy View Post
You should put a wing database (restaurants) on there that guests can update.
Great idea! Thanks.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:55 PM   #13
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Anchor Bar
Buffalo Chicken Wing Festival | Annual Chicken Wing Festival Celebrating Buffalo Wings | Chicken Wing King | Drew Cerza | Home Of The Chicken Wing
Old 02-04-2010, 08:35 PM   #14
S14DB
AFC #1

Going to the wing bowl?
WingBowl 18 2010 Tickets | Ticket Warehouse
Old 02-05-2010, 08:14 AM   #15
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Thanks! Maybe next year we'll be able to get to some of these nationally known places.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:50 AM   #16
DriftPanda

DriftPanda is an unknown quantity at this point
I love how every town has the "best wing place" I think they should have a show where someone just drives around the nation trying just wings..
DriftPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:55 AM   #17
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftPanda View Post
I love how every town has the "best wing place" I think they should have a show where someone just drives around the nation trying just wings..
It is a thing of beauty. I'd love to do a show like that. Hmmmm, now if i just knew someone that had some pull at the Travel Channel.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:55 AM   #18
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
So when is the forum going to be up?
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:32 PM   #19
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by future240 View Post
So when is the forum going to be up?
I've been thinking about it. Not sure if I want there to be one or not because it'll take traffic away from the main site.

Still considering it though.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:07 PM   #20
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
I've been thinking about it. Not sure if I want there to be one or not because it'll take traffic away from the main site.

Still considering it though.
Makes sense. This thread has me craving wings. I want to try my hand in making some sauces.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:33 PM   #21
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
im a fan. woooot.
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:49 PM   #22
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Just put up an article about Hooters from lunch.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:57 PM   #23
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
hooters wing suck.
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:59 PM   #24
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Just put up an article about Hooters from lunch.
Needs pictures. Wall o Text is informative but kind of bland without pics.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:01 PM   #25
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by hOngsterr View Post
hooters wing suck.
Pretty much was my conclusion.

Quote:
Needs pictures. Wall o Text is informative but kind of bland without pics.
Yeah I was at lunch with co-workers so I didn't have my camera. Some articles are gonna be like that I guess. But it was just Hooters so...eh.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:09 PM   #26
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Yeah I was at lunch with co-workers so I didn't have my camera. Some articles are gonna be like that I guess. But it was just Hooters so...eh.
Shitty cell phone pic spread of food would have been better than nothing. I have never eaten hooters wings. Seems I am not missing anything. There is no place here that has really good wings. All the wings here are bar wings. The hot flavor has no spice. One place sells "Atomic" wings. They are all spice and no flavor.

I am liking the idea of this site. Will users be able to submit things as well or is it just going to be you guys?
Old 02-05-2010, 02:12 PM   #27
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Shitty cell phone pic spread of food would have been better than nothing. I have never eaten hooters wings. Seems I am not missing anything. There is no place here that has really good wings. All the wings here are bar wings. The hot flavor has no spice. One place sells "Atomic" wings. They are all spice and no flavor.

I am liking the idea of this site. Will users be able to submit things as well or is it just going to be you guys?
Yeah I know. I haz an idea. EDIT: Fixed

I'm open to ideas at this point. If someone I knew well enough online wanted to submit an article or something I'd definitely put it up.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:58 PM   #28
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hOngsterr View Post
hooters wing suck.
nuh uh! Food Poisoning FTW1!!
Old 02-05-2010, 04:57 PM   #29
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Mel, I really like the site. It has good colors and lay out....for not being a pro, it looks pretty damn good!

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:13 PM   #30
Kwonza Says
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
Kwonza Says is a jewel in the roughKwonza Says is a jewel in the roughKwonza Says is a jewel in the roughKwonza Says is a jewel in the roughKwonza Says is a jewel in the roughKwonza Says is a jewel in the roughKwonza Says is a jewel in the roughKwonza Says is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Site looks good i'll stop by now and then to follow up on whats goin on..im craving wings now -___- Any good wing place in Socal?