Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-07-2020, 08:00 AM   #1
lj.bryant97

Trader Rating: (0)
lj.bryant97 is making his/her stupidity well-knownlj.bryant97 is making his/her stupidity well-knownlj.bryant97 is making his/her stupidity well-knownlj.bryant97 is making his/her stupidity well-knownlj.bryant97 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New s14 project

I picked up a s14, and big surprise I'm doing a rb26det. I found a lot of good deals on the engine, but finding a tranny is a bit tough. Is there a good alternative for the rb25 tranny?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
lj.bryant97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2020, 09:31 AM   #2
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
There are plenty of adapters that mate to the RB and some that don't require it. What are you plans for the car? Daily? Drifting? Road race? Drag? Do you want a manual or an automatic?
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 09:44 AM   #3
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Like stated above, many options avaiable...rb25 trans can be found, cd009, z32.....
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 10:28 AM   #4
lj.bryant97

lj.bryant97 is making his/her stupidity well-knownlj.bryant97 is making his/her stupidity well-knownlj.bryant97 is making his/her stupidity well-knownlj.bryant97 is making his/her stupidity well-knownlj.bryant97 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Definitely a manual.
It won't be my daily, but I do want to be able to drive it around the city, or to work every so often. I also wouldn't mind taking it out to a track just to push it and have fun.

Old 07-07-2020, 12:13 PM   #5
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
So not a daily but something that's reliable to do so if needed but also track duty? Depending on your power goals and budget, Z32/Z33 transmissions would probably be the best move.
Old 07-07-2020, 12:20 PM   #6
lj.bryant97

Can anyone say from personal experience if rb25 functions and feel well with a 6 speed if the z33 route was taken?

Old 07-07-2020, 12:53 PM   #7
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Everything with the Z33 transmission feels good - especially when mated to the SERIAL9 shifter. Just make sure your rear end gearing is complimenting the gearing on the Z33 transmission.
Old 07-08-2020, 06:53 PM   #8
lj.bryant97

How's the z33 fit underneath the car? Should I expect some heavy modifications in that department?

Old 07-08-2020, 07:00 PM   #9
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Theres a whole thread dedicated to this trans swap..

https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=628596

All the info u need is here
Old 07-09-2020, 12:27 PM   #10
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Is this really deserving of its own thread? We have a stupid questions thread for those that have to be spoon fed information. Quick search on the interwebs provides a plethora of information regarding RB’s and transmission swaps along with maintenance items that should be taken care of.
Old 07-09-2020, 12:42 PM   #11
lj.bryant97

@jr_ss
I was just asking some questions, and getting some personal opinions (hopefully from people who have done the swap). I didn't know a some simple questions would piss off a know it all cock face like yourself. But yeah, I forget that how all car communities are; filled with ass hat jerk offs like yourself solely on these forums to to talk shit act like they know everything, so they can feel like the bigger man. Take a break from talking shit online dude, I'm sure your boyfriend is missing you in the bedroom.

Thank you all with who were chill let of their insight, I really appreciate it!

Jr_ss choke on some cum you dull headed dildo.

Old 07-09-2020, 12:54 PM   #12
S14rebuild
BANNED

Yes!!!!!
Old 07-09-2020, 06:58 PM   #13
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj.bryant97 View Post
@jr_ss
I was just asking some questions, and getting some personal opinions (hopefully from people who have done the swap). I didn't know a some simple questions would piss off a know it all cock face like yourself. But yeah, I forget that how all car communities are; filled with ass hat jerk offs like yourself solely on these forums to to talk shit act like they know everything, so they can feel like the bigger man. Take a break from talking shit online dude, I'm sure your boyfriend is missing you in the bedroom.

Thank you all with who were chill let of their insight, I really appreciate it!

Jr_ss choke on some cum you dull headed dildo.

The problem here isn?t me, it?s you. I know, it is not your fault, mommy and daddy handed everything to you, told you everything you?ve done in life is great and you were awarded a participation trophy so you didn?t cry yourself to sleep at night. Get over yourself and the idea you?re entitled to anything but breathing on this planet.

The best course of action here, is to educate yourself. Put in the time and effort and read a fucking article or two on this topic. I mean we have a tech section and a search feature... This is not new territory, you are not doing anything ground breaking here.

Carry on you little cunt...
Old 07-09-2020, 07:19 PM   #14
lj.bryant97

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
The problem here isn?t me, it?s you. I know, it is not your fault, mommy and daddy handed everything to you, told you everything you?ve done in life is great and you were awarded a participation trophy so you didn?t cry yourself to sleep at night. Get over yourself and the idea you?re entitled to anything but breathing on this planet.

The best course of action here, is to educate yourself. Put in the time and effort and read a fucking article or two on this topic. I mean we have a tech section and a search feature... This is not new territory, you are not doing anything ground breaking here.

Carry on you little cunt...
Hahaha, dude your assumptions are killing me. Also, please don't get mad. I know my early message probably sound like I was irritated, but in all I'm just having fun. I won't bore you with a backstory, but simply say I was a white kid who lived in the ghetto. I haven't had jackshit my whole life, and the things I do have, I got them myself, with my own money. I don't know what mommy and daddy shit is. I've read plenty, but I just wanted to hear some more opinions from people. I know I'm not redesigning the wheel. Also excuse me, I don't know how these forums work, this is really my first time on one.

Old 07-09-2020, 07:19 PM   #15
S14rebuild
BANNED

Does anyone eles seeing random question marks (?) In sentences in these posts or is it just me?

Oh n wheres the clap back? This is getn good
Old 07-09-2020, 07:22 PM   #16
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Does anyone eles seeing random question marks (?) In sentences in these posts or is it just me?

Oh n wheres the clap back? This is getn good
It?s something to do with IOS and VBullentin. If you use the generated text with apostrophes it does it.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:23 PM   #17
S14rebuild
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
It?s something to do with IOS and VBullentin. If you use the generated text with apostrophes it does it.

Got it, i thiught i was going crazy lol
Old 07-09-2020, 07:29 PM   #18
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lj.bryant97 View Post
Hahaha, dude your assumptions are killing me. Also, please don't get mad. I know my early message probably sound like I was irritated, but in all I'm just having fun. I won't bore you with a backstory, but simply say I was a white kid who lived in the ghetto. I haven't had jackshit my whole life, and the things I do have, I got them myself, with my own money. I don't know what mommy and daddy shit is. I've read plenty, but I just wanted to hear some more opinions from people. I know I'm not redesigning the wheel. Also excuse me, I don't know how these forums work, this is really my first time on one.

Listen man, I wasn?t being a prick either, but disrespecting someone isn?t the best way to go about acquiring information or help. In fact, I?d say they?d be less inclined.

General chat is abused a lot, tech questions should be posted in that specific section. There are multiple threads and vendors that sell exactly what you are looking for.
Old 07-10-2020, 01:34 AM   #19
samotage
BANNED

samotage is an unknown quantity at this point
An rb26 into an S14A is an awesome project, and a big thing for the OP, I?d like to learn stuff, maybe help where I can, sure it?s all been done before by the OG, But hey such negative posting by others is pretty tarded, I?ve been subject to the same by others, and it made me feel rather crap about my project.

Carry on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
samotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 01:38 PM   #20
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

This thread is ass. I feel like we've all been as helped as we can be at this point. If you don't know how to search CD009 to RB adapter, you have a bigger issue.

Now, if $1500 or whatever the RB transmissions is too much for you to swallow, buying a different transmission and adapter plates is irrelevant because the initial purchase will be more money. It sounds like you're not trying to spend more but cheap out for some piece of shit transmission so I will stop suggesting/wasting my time.

Best of luck. Hopefully you end up proving us all wrong. And your comeback was fucking stupid.