Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-17-2017, 06:11 AM   #31
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Wheels showed up. Ready to get things on this weekend!

Just kidding:

Old 07-17-2017, 07:41 AM   #32
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:20 PM   #33
Will.
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Will. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
nice mate! cant wait to see them on
Old 07-17-2017, 05:53 PM   #34
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post

This was more or less my face when I saw that the previous owner shipped them in Rays boxes, included the Rays covers, and kept these wheels in perfect shape. Best set of used wheels I've ever purchased even though the price wasn't awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will. View Post
nice mate! cant wait to see them on

Thanks man! Got a lot to do this week. Base inspection, police have to inspect my parking spots at home, then go to register. Hopefully I'm done by Friday!
Old 07-17-2017, 11:15 PM   #35
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Man CE28s would be way cool on this whip tho...
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:19 PM   #36
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Man CE28s would be way cool on this whip tho...
I never knew they came in 17X9.5j+22. Pretty cool size.

Not going to be able to get the fucking parts on. Blame base and the thousand fucking hoops I have to jump through to register a car.

Fuck.

Went to Nissan and got the part number for my AC Compressor, though. Maybe I'll do that this weekend.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:37 PM   #37
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
So you can do the shaken, and then throw the parts on afterwards?

Old 07-19-2017, 10:14 PM   #38
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
So you can do the shaken, and then throw the parts on afterwards?
The car has to pass the inspection to register. Can't be too low and the wheels can't be too aggressive, etc. Besides the coilovers and RUCA, I can't install anything else since my 5lug wheels (above) aren't going to pass. More waiting :/
Old 07-20-2017, 11:17 AM   #39
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
LP2 Type X on LMGT's... Doesn't get much better than that. Looking forward to seeing it all together, sucks you can't install your goodies until you go through inspection.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:08 PM   #40
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb13 View Post
LP2 Type X on LMGT's... Doesn't get much better than that. Looking forward to seeing it all together, sucks you can't install your goodies until you go through inspection.
Yeah the base is pretty obnoxious with the amount of redundancies in the registration process.

I chose LMGT4s because I've lost interest in TEs, I guess. Either way this will just be another cookie-cutter Type X...mostly.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:21 PM   #41
tb13
Zilvia Addict

tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Yeah the base is pretty obnoxious with the amount of redundancies in the registration process.

I chose LMGT4s because I've lost interest in TEs, I guess. Either way this will just be another cookie-cutter Type X...mostly.
It is genuinely hard to be original with an S13 these days. Nearly everything is played out at this point, doesn't matter if its TE's, CR's or LMGT's its all been done a million times.

I think what really makes a car cool is how the modifications are executed, shit car with nice parts is lame, nice car with shit parts is lame. Nice car with nice parts put together by someone who cares is always something I can personally appreciate.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:20 PM   #42
silviamang
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
silviamang is making a name for him/her selfsilviamang is making a name for him/her selfsilviamang is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Yep. Looks about right.
silviamang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:52 PM   #43
dizzariot
Post Whore!

I wish I had a Bayside Blue R34 GTR with Dickskin TE37s sunk deeper than the Titanic...and a For Paul sticker.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:24 AM   #44
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Long overdue update:

Got the car registered. Passed without any issues since it was un-fucked-with. Went to install my parts after doing my research and the front rotors didn't fit: I needed S14 brakes no matter what. A friend of mine just so happened to be at UpGarage and sent me a picture of some S14 brakes for a great price. Another friend with an UpGarage account ordered them from me. Can't thank these guys enough for helping me out!

SO. I was able to get a week of leave approved to get some shit done. This included things beyond working on my car. My wife's Aunt & Uncle came to Yokohama (from Kumamoto, Google Maps the distance) for a conference and we met them there for dinner and a walk around town. they stayed at Landmark Tower in a room near the top. The view didn't disappoint.

Later that same week my wife and I went to Tokyo to get our passports. She was able to but I didn't have everything I needed. It was a nice walk from the train station to the Embassy.

After a week of non-car related stuff I ended up back at the garage on base to get the car done. On the first day I got the rear all handled with the occasional help of a friend of a friend (that ended up being a friend of mine) that happened to be at the shop.

Adjusting the RUCA a little with minutes to spare before closing:

On the second day I worked on the front only to find out I needed to hack the heat shields to avoid rubbing on my new front rotors.

One of the guys that works at the shop happened to have some touch-up paint handy. After sanding down the letters a little I opted to paint the NISSAN letters black:

My wife came by to have lunch and we went to a local Home's store to get some hardware for the RUCA. The DMax RUCA require extended bolts where they connect to the spindle. I don't really like this so I'll be upgrading to Battle Version RUCA sometime soon.

After my wife and I drove to get the bolts/nuts she dropped me off and I buttoned the car up for the ride home. The fucking heat shield still rubbed on the passenger's side on the way home and the front was still set at pre-runner height. Thank God there are no pictures of that shit. Got the car home, lowered the front in the dark, and let it sit overnight.

Went outside the next morning and got to work adjusting things. My dog doesn't care about safety:

This was on Sunday. Got the car to a reasonable stopping point and decided to relax on my last day off. Car definitely needs more adjustments (read: low) to look good. Threw on my 5mm spacers in the rear.

...and that's where it sits right now. The KTS coils are pretty bumpy. Might consider upgrading suspension and selling these or using them on the two-tone. We'll see how it goes.

Parts Installed:
KTS Coilovers
Ichiba F/R Hubs
DMax RUCA
S14 K's F Brakes
Project Mu D1 Brake Pads
Old 08-15-2017, 06:43 AM   #45
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Looks awesome- nice progress!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 07:50 AM   #46
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
xpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Looks clean!

Heads up. I should be hitting Mobara before I leave and Asano said he'd come to say hi since he lives close by there. Unsure of the date yet but if you want the info of the event, just ask.

Keep up the good progress.
xpinoyxmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 03:37 AM   #47
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Looks awesome- nice progress!
Thanks, Damon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpinoyxmk View Post
Looks clean!

Heads up. I should be hitting Mobara before I leave and Asano said he'd come to say hi since he lives close by there. Unsure of the date yet but if you want the info of the event, just ask.

Keep up the good progress.
Dude I'd cruise up to meet you guys. Asano's car is my all-time favorite. Is he gonna participate?
Old 08-16-2017, 06:37 AM   #48
drfftn
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
drfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
They sell harbor freight tools in japan or you bring it over there? I'm referring to the jack with your dog.
drfftn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 06:20 PM   #49
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfftn View Post
They sell harbor freight tools in japan or you bring it over there? I'm referring to the jack with your dog.
Took it with me. Make use of those coupons they send in the mail lol.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:38 PM   #50
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Dang, completely changed how the car looks. 10/10
Old 08-17-2017, 05:29 AM   #51
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Lowered the front more today at dusk. Took out the rear seat belts since they block the windows too much. Gonna stop by Nissan after work to check the prices on some items and then I'm gonna order some small things.

I've never had a 'fancy' exhaust and the Tomei Ti Expreme looks so awesome...
Old 08-17-2017, 02:55 PM   #52
Will.
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Will. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
damn its looking good
Old 08-18-2017, 08:13 AM   #53
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Agreed. I had one on the Evo and the craftsmanship was amazing- especially considering the price for a titanium exhuast. If I was confident I wouldn't destroy it on the S13, I would definitely want one.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:52 AM   #54
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Lowered the front more today at dusk. Took out the rear seat belts since they block the windows too much. Gonna stop by Nissan after work to check the prices on some items and then I'm gonna order some small things.

Having been to the Tomei facility, I can say that it's a solid choice for the money they are asking. Great quality, and it fits well. I'm STILL bugging them to produce it for my chassis (they are testing it on their demo car).

Old 08-18-2017, 09:30 PM   #55
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
It's a great piece for the money and definitely the best sounding exhaust I've ever mounted to my RB. I do, however, have a few complaints about mine.

The silencer mounting hardware is a joke. The silencer tip cuts the exhaust exit size down to about 1.5 inches. It really quiets down this loud exhaust but probably at the cost of a great increase in backpressure. The silencer tip is mounted with one, yes, only one freaking screw on the bottom. A few minutes of moderate throttle, the unsecured top side of the silencer was being pushed outward and the silencer was sitting cockeyed in the muffler. Anyone with some intellect would use 2 screws minimum. One on top, one bottom. Even the small silencer for the Yoshimura on my bike uses two screws. It's a minor complaint, easily remedied by adding one (or two) more screws, but it just goes to show Tomei did not put any effort into testing their product. I'm guessing most people just throw the silencer in the trash anyway.

The exhaust coupling springs are uninsulated and will rattle against the exhaust pipe at a certain engine rpm. My bike's Yoshi uses coupling springs also but they have rubber insulators to avoid any metal on metal rattling. I've never understood the purpose of the springs. Again, I'm guessing most people just remove the springs and trash them.

The welds appear to have very poor penetration. I've never welded titanium but I've professionally welded a lot of steel and aluminum. Maybe titanium weld is completely different but to me, the Tomei welds look cold and shallow. Possibly the reason their manifolds are always cracking on the welds. My exhaust hasn't cracked yet, time will tell.

The exhaust tip isn't flared or rolled. It's a gigantic tip with the sharpness of a cookie cutter just waiting to slice open the shins of some unsuspecting person opening the trunk. For this reason, I mounted the tip flush with the back bumper instead of it sticking out slightly like I normally would. That hasn't worked out so great either; the exhaust flameballs are too close to the bumper and now my recently refinished bumper already has damaged clearcoat.

Those minor complaints aside, it's an awesome exhaust system and worth every penny. Would definitely buy again.
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:09 PM   #56
silviamang
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
silviamang is making a name for him/her selfsilviamang is making a name for him/her selfsilviamang is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Hey man sweet car etc, etc.
silviamang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 04:58 AM   #57
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will. View Post
damn its looking good
Thanks! It's pretty 'vanilla' in the scheme of Type X S13s but I love it all the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Agreed. I had one on the Evo and the craftsmanship was amazing- especially considering the price for a titanium exhuast. If I was confident I wouldn't destroy it on the S13, I would definitely want one.
My suspension is far from 'dialed in' and the roads here can be very shitty in places. I'll probably end up not spending the money on something like that. It's fun to dream, though. I might just search for an OEM Nismo option exhaust and use that for now. I'd be lying if I said an exhaust is on the top of my priorities list.

Quote:
Having been to the Tomei facility, I can say that it's a solid choice for the money they are asking. Great quality, and it fits well. I'm STILL bugging them to produce it for my chassis (they are testing it on their demo car).
I'm still wondering if the exhaust can be had for less than list prices if I drive to Tomei on the weekend. I'd like to use one a whole lot but the amount of money can be spread out to other parts of the car I'm not happy with, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeiler View Post
Review
Thanks for the review. Hard to find 'negatives' about the exhaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviamang View Post
Hey man sweet car. I just drove my GTR out of some guy's asshole and I'm going to trade it in for an SR-powered Master Race 180SX like yours. Thank you for being the coolest motherfucker alive. I was gonna just drink bleach until I met you!
...wow man. I'm uh...flattered. Get of my nuts though, pls.

*grin*

I need to get different RUCA. The DMax ones fit like shit. Once I get them in my hands I'll try to do my own alignment to remove some camber in the rear and add a little more up front. Car is lowered a tad more and I'll take some pictures soon. It's rubbing the fender liners at full lock but I don't want to remove the plastics just yet. As long as it's not hitting the fender I can live. It looks loads better now. My Mom is shipping my Ganadors from my storage unit back in the US. She's the real MVP.
Old 08-24-2017, 07:44 AM   #58
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
xpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Dude I'd cruise up to meet you guys. Asano's car is my all-time favorite. Is he gonna participate?
September 17, he asked me to meet at Mobara. Not really a fan of watching so I'm unsure if I'll go if I cannot drift.

As for the tomei exhaust, I would not recommend it if you plan to have the car somewhat low. Knew a guy who had one, his s13 was a monster truck and he even was scraping some places. My Reinhard is getting eaten alive everytime I drive.

For the dmax ruca's, I have them but mine came with bolts to use. Work perfectly fine so unsure what your issue is unless the bolts weren't included.
xpinoyxmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 06:47 PM   #59
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpinoyxmk View Post
September 17, he asked me to meet at Mobara. Not really a fan of watching so I'm unsure if I'll go if I cannot drift.

As for the tomei exhaust, I would not recommend it if you plan to have the car somewhat low. Knew a guy who had one, his s13 was a monster truck and he even was scraping some places. My Reinhard is getting eaten alive everytime I drive.

For the dmax ruca's, I have them but mine came with bolts to use. Work perfectly fine so unsure what your issue is unless the bolts weren't included.
Yeah man I'm coming off the idea. Titanium is cool but ultimately too expensive for my taste.

My RUCA were from YAJ. No hardware...had to get some from Home's. I don't like the 'full-circle' ones any way. Battle Version and Cusco seem way better.

Car is rubbing a ton in the front...plastic only thank God. I have to add some camber up front, take some out in the rear, and then get some new RUCA because I'm OCD. The brakes are squealing a ton when I roll. Sounds like metal on the disc but when I brake it goes away. I'm guessing the hardware is rubbing somewhere but I'm too lazy to look.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:55 AM   #60
DrftKingIII
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
DrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Thankful to see another silver LMGT4 owner, almost everything I see is bronze or black.

Car looks great.