Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-21-2019, 08:51 AM   #31
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olly View Post
I'd like to promise next update will be a track day and some in-car footage, but I'm pretty similar to Damon with my cars and just like tinkering and doing aesthetic stuff haha.

Updates look awesome man. Love this thing!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2019, 03:15 AM   #32
Olly
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Olly is making a name for him/her selfOlly is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Right few more small updates.

Most of my cars have had subs, probably 6 cars? so only a matter of time before this car got the same treatment.. I'm not an audiophile.. I probably spent more on this combo than I would have normally as I told myself I won't be selling this thing anytime soon. The 180sx had Alpine Type S 6.5" components and an average sub and amp.. and I loved it..

I ended up grabbing one of these: https://www.crutchfield.com/S-Ok9M4xeZCj0/p_5751P31X12/Rockford-Fosgate-P3-1X12.html[/url]

And a fairly chunky amp which I've aleady forgotten what it is lol, but its 760w RMS

The one thing I've noticed with the JZX is the fuel tank is behind the rear seats, so getting the sound through is actually pretty difficult. The JZX110 must have the fuel tank under the boot floor as there is plastic compartment that is removable.. I'm pretty sure I put the sub there in that car too.

So yeah, kinda underwhelmed with it so far as the fuel tank is blocking a lot out but once I get some components I'll get the audio shop to tune it. If anyone has recommendations for the components keen to hear them.

Funny thing about the car - they come with components up front, rear speakers & 8" subwoofer in parcel shelf (you can kind of see it in that second photo in the middle) from the factory, so not bad at all.

My ganadors & black seat cushions also showed up and are at the painters now, really stoked on the condition of these and they are the blue tinted glass which I've never had.

I'm going to have a go at wrapping that centre console with some black fabric too as it's a bit faded. You can also see my arm is leaving a nice sheen on the bride seat haha.

Few other random photos

Still stoked how mint these lips came up, and updated with ganadors on now:

Last edited by Olly; 02-14-2019 at 01:44 AM..
Olly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:45 AM   #33
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Looks great as always!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 03-06-2019, 10:47 PM   #34
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
fuckin mint!
crzsteveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:26 PM   #35
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Is silver your favorite car colour?
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 04:26 AM   #36
Olly
Zilvia Member

I’m colour blind
Old 04-07-2019, 01:15 AM   #37
Olly
Zilvia Member

Replaced the tired components with Alpine Type S, which I had in the 180.. Pretty straight forward install in JZX100, I used the factory plastic mounts that I modified with a Dremel

Went to Highlands Motorsport Park in Quenstown and drove this, which is probably the fastest car I've driven.

After that trip I had a lot of motivation to get to the track. I gave my car a decent service, went for a final test drive up north, got a helmet bought some decent pads which turned out to be useless and went and did a test day at Hampton Downs with my mate in his SR20 powered C35 Laurel.

https://youtu.be/ivXz4AgvL78
Old 04-23-2019, 03:37 AM   #38
Olly
Zilvia Member

Another photo from the track day

Slowly collecting parts to solve my average stock brake issues.. looked at Project Mu, LS400 & Wilwood, but decided to go with Supra due to value for money and the fact I could buy from Toyota again... just waiting on adapters from Figs to show up then good to go..

I'll probably do the rear brakes as well at some point, interesting that the rear rotor size is 324mm vs 323mm front.
Old 05-01-2019, 04:18 PM   #39
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Ouuu I need me some Supra brakes in my life... I’ve been eyeing a few front and rear sets on YAJ...

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 03:04 AM   #40
Olly
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Ouuu I need me some Supra brakes in my life... I’ve been eyeing a few front and rear sets on YAJ...
Rear seems to be a bit of a headache! More adapters and different handbrake shoes as well.. I'm going to do the front and see how it goes.. rear's are mainly for looks right?

Waiting on the adapters now, hopefully end of this month. I managed to get the Vertex Roof and boot wings painted, then repainted as I dropped one 30 mins after collecting it

Stoked with how these look though, so subtle compared to every other wing I see on these cars.

Old 05-05-2019, 04:06 AM   #41
Wknd

Wknd is an unknown quantity at this point
Ah, near perfection.
Wknd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:28 PM   #42
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
vskf the best wheel
Old 07-22-2019, 04:36 AM   #43
Olly
Zilvia Member

Small update - the rear adapters finally arrived so the car's getting the supra brakes put on this weekend.. finally.

In the meantime I got the centre muffler deleted from my exhaust and the tip extended so it's not sunk in.

The sound isn't quite there but it's much more raspier than before and will do me for now, I want to run a full stainless 3" exhaust at some point and delete the cat, but want to get an ECU sorted before I go down this road.

In sad news the VSKF are O Disc - meaning there is no way in hell any large caliper is going to fit behind them.. maybe I shouldn't have sold the XT7 anyway I picked up some 57C6 and had them fixed up.

Cars been great over the last 3 months, no issues at all which is pleasing.
Old 07-22-2019, 02:47 PM   #44
blackmags91
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
blackmags91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Those wheels in that color will look bananas on this platform.
Bananas are good by the way. Looking forward to pictures of them installed with the brakes behind them.
blackmags91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 11:39 PM   #45
Olly
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmags91 View Post
Those wheels in that color will look bananas on this platform.
Bananas are good by the way. Looking forward to pictures of them installed with the brakes behind them.
Thanks mate, I tried to find a set of these for ages.

Managed to get the front Supra brakes and wheels on today. Very happy, stops so much better. The alignment needs a bit of tweaking and there's a bit too much poke but right now they're on, and don't rub anywhere which is awesome.

Old 07-29-2019, 09:01 AM   #46
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
fire.emoji
fire.emoji
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 09:27 AM   #47
koukizhang
Zilvia Member

koukizhang is on a distinguished road
this is fuckin goooood
koukizhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 09:55 AM   #48
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
This car is soo awsome! Sweetness
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 05:22 PM   #49
Olly
Zilvia Member

Thanks guys, really stoked on it right now.. so similar to the 180 with the single piece wheels

Hopefully get the rear calipers on soon and get another track day sorted
Old 08-01-2019, 10:36 PM   #50
liv2drift045
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
liv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to liv2drift045 Send a message via MSN to liv2drift045
this thing is too good
Old 08-02-2019, 07:21 AM   #51
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
i love it dude! very good!
Old 08-02-2019, 09:04 AM   #52
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
hnnnnnnngh looks amazing, I even like the rays more than the vskf

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 09:38 AM   #53
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Looks perfect Olly!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 09-26-2019, 02:57 PM   #54
jerry_beans
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
jerry_beans is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Sub'd! cool cars dude!!
Old 09-28-2019, 07:38 AM   #55
jloya

jloya is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry_beans View Post
Sub'd! cool cars dude!!

Agree :cheers:
jloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 03:44 AM   #56
Olly
Zilvia Member

Thanks guys, glad you like it.. have done few things over the last month, mainly got my hands on some defi gauges (at first with no controller or wiring but I sorted that this week).

I was tempted to drill into the dash again like the 180 but a guy in NZ makes these holders out of FRP and I thought I'd give one a shot

Painted satin black and installed

This weekend I managed to get back to Hampton Downs for another track day which gave me a great opportunity to try the supra brakes.. I took half a second off my best time which I thought was pretty good considering the club circuit is a 30 - 50 second circuit depending on what you're in so it's very very short.

Didn't get many photos but I'll try to upload a video later.

The car was awesome, all I did for prep was change oil and check fluids and tyre pressure.. the semi slicks combined with better braking just gave me so much more confidence and I really enjoyed the day a lot more than the last one.

I gave it absolute death for most of the sessions and probably had one cool down lap for every 5 or 6 fast laps I did. So stoked it had absolutely no issues at all
Old 10-06-2019, 09:39 AM   #57
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
I LUV THIS CAR. Built just right
Old 10-08-2019, 02:11 PM   #58
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Very good as always man. Glad to see you are enjoying it!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 10-08-2019, 03:10 PM   #59
S14rebuild
BANNED

Vskf pleaseeeee
Old 12-01-2019, 01:18 AM   #60
Olly
Zilvia Member

Been driving this thing quite a bit lately, summer's coming up and its been a champ. Drove to Taupo and watched some drifting.. NZ car style has changed quite a bit haha.. more missile based rather than 01 style.. was still a good trip down.

Car has a fair bit of poke which I might try to fix with an alignment this month.