Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-24-2018, 10:26 AM   #61
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFITTZY View Post
+1 for Gracer lip
Thanks man! will be installing this weekend I hope. Almost a shame, its brand new I'm afraid to scratch it
Old 10-27-2018, 06:43 PM   #62
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Update 10/27/18

Picked up some suspension arms, next will be to install these and ES bushings in the knuckles.

Old 11-27-2018, 09:50 AM   #63
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 11/27/18

Found some decals online for the SA3R's to make their appearance a little better.

Located a used rear bumper in better shape than mine, so finally, it looks somewhat decent again.

Picked up this Circuit Sports coolant reservoir from a member here.

Got around to installing my last Defi oil PSI gauge, finally some color/gauge synchrony.

Soon to come:

1. Rear suspension arm install
2. Z32 uprights
3. Gracer Lip
4. Chase Bays Tucked Radiator
5. Chase Bays Booster Delete
6. Chase Bays inBay brake lines
Old 11-27-2018, 02:28 PM   #64
gsxeclipsed
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
gsxeclipsed is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I like this build. Can you see those gauges well?
gsxeclipsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 02:36 PM   #65
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxeclipsed View Post
I like this build. Can you see those gauges well?
Thank you! Yea I feel they work well and are visible, its not glaring in my eyes at night. Defi's are wonderful, wish I would have bought these from the very start.
Old 12-21-2018, 11:23 PM   #66
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 12/21/18

Been crazy busy with my new job so haven't had time to down the vehicle and do everything I wanted to. I did get some more parts and have done some so here is the progress...

Navan skirts to go on eventually

6-Pt AutoPower cage installed

New fuel tank plate and gasket to take care of the leaking through the electrical connections..

Picked up some slightly used Megan FLCA's that will be going on with the rest of the suspension links I've been hording

I did a thing for the future of where I want my car. This will be way on down the road but I got a good deal and couldn't pass it up. Forever keeping the purist's up at night, I will continue to do what I want to my car.

Goal is to get the suspension arms on this weekend and then take car for a major needed alignment. Will have more updates very soon, Merry Christmas everyone
Old 02-17-2019, 02:02 PM   #67
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 2/17/2019

Havent updated this in a while, new job and the holidays have been tough on my schedule. However, I have been doing work every moment I can between all the cars.

Got the Megan FLCA's installed

Rear Suspension Competed as Well

Using PBM's 2016+ Drop Knuckles with the Z32 E-Brake Provisions
-Ended up flipping the cables from left to right as well as the backing plates and then slightly modifying the openings for the calipers. Overall I am happy with the drop and added stability of everything.

Purchased some GKTech V2 knuckles off here from another member, but then had to order inner and outer tie rods also...

Picked up some used SF bash bars, complete set so those will be going on very soon.

Got the alignment done and redid the tune on the car, finally running perfect. Going to enjoy the car for a little bit before downing it again when summer hits to do the rest of the updates.

Next to come will be installing the bars, ChaseBays tucked radiator and all AN fittings for cooling system.
Old 02-19-2019, 12:01 PM   #68
gsxeclipsed
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
gsxeclipsed is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
YES! I have been waiting for this update. I am waiting to hear how you like the SF bash bars
gsxeclipsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 01:50 PM   #69
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I just bought those PBM knuckles last week. Glad to have seen this thread to see what you did. Good to see all you have to is swap the backing plates from left to right. Didn't want to cut my dust shield loll.

Suspension is looking nice.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:37 PM   #70
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxeclipsed View Post
YES! I have been waiting for this update. I am waiting to hear how you like the SF bash bars
Will do sir, those are next on the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrDarknes View Post
I just bought those PBM knuckles last week. Glad to have seen this thread to see what you did. Good to see all you have to is swap the backing plates from left to right. Didn't want to cut my dust shield loll.

Suspension is looking nice.
Yea they didnt have much information on the website on what to do. Make sure you swap the entire assemblies from left to right, including shoes, hardware, and cables. Also grind down the indexing notch where the cables bolt to the trans tunnel. Dont worry once bolted down (I used lock nuts) they dont move at all. Been driving on the setup now for almost 500 miles with no issues.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:40 PM   #71
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 2/24/19

Went to the local cars and coffee today, did some driving with a buddy and fellow Zilvian (Togue_drifter).

Getting this ChaseBays tucked radiator and supporting accessories ready for install. Hoping to do this next weekend.

Old 02-24-2019, 09:45 PM   #72
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Continued 2/24/19

After the C&C, I decided to make some progress on my clip.

All stripped, next process will be removing firewall from clip.

Dash cleaned up so well, super excited about this conversion once completed.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:54 AM   #73
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
that clip looks pretty nice!! did they cut out the e-brake bracket for you? mine was cut in the same place and i had to re-use the usdm one since the mount at the bottom of the handle was the same shape as the jdm. it was interesting to see how they manufactured the cars in the factory and only had to make certain parts (firewall,e-brake bracket,inner rocker panel for the gas/trunk lever,ect ect.) for various markets. car looks like its coming along nice! keep up the progress!

-Jimmy
Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 09:41 AM   #74
s1421
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
s1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Suscribed! Like how that LRB panel sits underneath.
If you ever need paint work let me know man.
s1421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:13 PM   #75
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Major Update 5/26/19

Sorry things have been hectic for me with my new job, but a lot has changed on the car. I've been hoarding goodies for the car when I get the chance.

Some recent stuff...

GKTech Diff Cover

S14 JDM Cluster with HUD Unit for when I go RHD

S14 Tomei 3Pt Strut Bar

Got the itch for boost, so here is a V3 internally oil fed centrifugal super charger. Its currently being rebuilt at Vortech with heritage gears (straight cut, noisy) and getting the SI pulley and volute for more boost. Gonna aim for 550 to 600 on pump gas, well have to see when engine pulls timing then might have to go a blend of race fuel or E85.

Mcleod triple disk, will probably only run two for the amount of HP I will be looking to achieve.

Got tired of my RC car antenna, so my buddy at work milled me this adapter to fit a S2000 OEM antenna. Works great still and looks much better.

Made it out to a cars and coffee here locally and found another shit gold buddy
Old 05-26-2019, 08:38 PM   #76
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

5/26/19 Continued

Loved the way these looked on the interior thread so picked these up for my boost and A/F gauge.

I only like OEM aero, however saw these AeroWolf ganador visors and couldn't resist.

Shortly after the cars and coffee, summer started to come back to California so I decided it was time to do the ChaseBays radiator setup.

Also removed the OEM battery tray for making a hose for intercooler piping later.

So my first radiator from ChaseBays had an internal leak (bought it second hand new but not installed, lesson learned) so I ended up buying their latest and greatest -20 AN setup with Raceline fans.

CBM -20 AN insert for water pump inlet.

Blocked off heater lines.

Purchased a new Weiand intake for a good deal, when I boost it will need it anyways.

The Tomei S14 bar on the right hits the Z32 master cylinder, so I already had a ChaseBay booster delete and line delete ready to go.

Got some Aerocatch latches installed, also fitted the StreetFaction bash bar. Really disappointed with how the bar fits with OEM bumper. It required a shit ton of cutting for the bumper. I dont really mind cause the car is a Zenki just temporarily. So it fits as good as it can get for now until the S15 front end goes on.

The other day my brake lights were staying on, found the stop for the brake switch to be the culprit. Love OEM goodies when I can get them...

More goodies for the supercharger...

Vortech BOV

Supercharger bracket

After brake lines removed, brakes bled, radiator hoses made here is the current engine shot.

Current shots of car...

Little something I've been working on with my stickers

My buddy Erik has been killing the body work on the Altezza, and came through once again with the plate delete on the S15 bumper. Super excited to get the front end change going.

More updates will be coming soon, once supercharger gets back ill begin the mock up and seeing how to fit the piping.
Old 06-08-2019, 10:08 PM   #77
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

6/8/19 Update

Vortech sent back the supercharger with all the upgrades. Got it mounted to my LSSimple bracket.

Got a ChaseBay LS harness assembly that will be going in when I do the RHD switch.

In the downtime for the supercharger install, gonna drop the rear subframe and do the bushings. Also will be installing a Q45 diff 3:54 gears and 32 spline CV shafts.

Will have more updates on this within the next few weeks, I am trying to get the Altezza ready for Spocom.
Old 06-09-2019, 03:36 PM   #78
Break Beat

Trader Rating: (0)
Break Beat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
5/26/19 Continued

Loved the way these looked on the interior thread so picked these up for my boost and A/F gauge.
Thank you for your support
I'm looking forward to see that hud in action. Keep up the good work!

www.BreakBeatAutoGarage.com
Break Beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 04:42 PM   #79
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Break Beat View Post
Thank you for your support
I'm looking forward to see that hud in action. Keep up the good work!
Thanks man, love the pods. I will be getting them ready to install very soon.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:46 PM   #80
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 8/3/19

Sorry for the lack of progress, the Altezza was pushed forward to get ready for Spocom so the 240 hasn't seen as much attention, but none the less time for updates.

Upgraded my rear end to 3:54 gears from a Q45 diff with GKTech cover, and the additional support of the 32 spline axles and hubs for the increased horsepower. Also had the machinist at work drill the input flange on the Q45 to match the S14 propshaft.

Took my spare front crossmember and had a friend cut and reinforce it for when I move the motor back with the V8SChassis mounts.

Ive been wanting to change my rear subframe bushings for the longest, its something I should have down when I first bought the car but just put it off.

Got the supercharger finally bolted securely on the car and installed some new P2M hood shocks.

Updates to come:

-McLeod triple disc clutch with Tilton throwout bearing
-Install new engine mounts with modified subframe
-Fab up intercooler piping
-Move engine fuse box inside cabin
-Install new coilovers
-Install rear StreetFaction bash bar

Will have more progress soon next weekend.
Old 11-06-2019, 02:57 PM   #81
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 11/4/19

Major updates as I have been so busy with the Altezza I have forgotten to post on here.

Since the last update, the direction of the car took a huge step forward in the direction I wanted but did not think that I would be able to do yet thanks to my boy JP.

Finally got around to getting the firewall removed for the body shop

Decided to go forth with the RHD/S15/Supercharger install in one shot including new full paint job. So here comes the strippers...

Random Weiner appearance, helping me get shit done.

After that day I decided to rebuild the RHD rack while it was out of the car.

Rebuilt and painted using Chasebay rack lines and a new dust seal.

Next weekend was engine removal and further stripping...

Not much left, still in the process of removing all the zenki garbage and lhd wiring.

Got the RHD rack in and the modified crossmember.

Old 11-06-2019, 02:58 PM   #82
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Next will be removing the remainder of parts and wiring, window removal then its off to the chop shop. Will have more updates soon!
Old 11-06-2019, 03:03 PM   #83
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Update 11/6/19

Happy to have the ability to finally make this post...

100% OEM....no reps or aero here
Old 11-06-2019, 04:11 PM   #84
srh666
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
srh666 has made poor choicessrh666 has made poor choicessrh666 has made poor choicessrh666 has made poor choicessrh666 has made poor choicessrh666 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
whoa hold on, this is really wrong.

I like it!
srh666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 04:30 PM   #85
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh666 View Post
whoa hold on, this is really wrong.

I like it!
Thanks man, it’s definitely not for everyone.
Old 11-06-2019, 05:47 PM   #86
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Lookn sweet! Always wanted to go rhd, never had the balls to attempt it
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 07:04 PM   #87
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I like where this is going,

Mind sharing some info on how you rebuilt the rack? Did you use a guide? Got part #s for the rebuild kit?

keep it up!
Old 11-07-2019, 07:01 AM   #88
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Wow this build has taken it up a notch. I like the s15 front end route you're taking. Any aftermarket aero in the future?

p.s do not put that hood vent on the s15 hood please.
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:00 AM   #89
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Lookn sweet! Always wanted to go rhd, never had the balls to attempt it
Thanks man, parts were not that expensive so figured why not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
I like where this is going,

Mind sharing some info on how you rebuilt the rack? Did you use a guide? Got part #s for the rebuild kit?

keep it up!
Honestly it’s pretty straight forward man, follow the FSM use good grease and set the preload. Other than that it’s just seals and o rings. I used Gates #348675.
I’m rebuilding another for a buddy of mine I can take more photos if you’d like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post
Wow this build has taken it up a notch. I like the s15 front end route you're taking. Any aftermarket aero in the future?

p.s do not put that hood vent on the s15 hood please.
Thanks, not sure on the aftermarket aero. I’m not a fan of it or widebody(atleast bolted on/rocket bunny/pandem garbage) so I want to utilize factory body lines of the s14 over the s15 fenders. Staying 100% oem metal on fenders and factory plastics.

That hood vent was horrible, I couldn’t keep the car cool with my old setup. The route is not to put any vent, at this point I would rather cut the front tubs out if I really had too. I think that the Chasebay setup now is gonna be fine, but we’ll see when the intercooler is placed in front of the radiator. I want this to remain a streetable car and retain some of the OEM structure like factory core support rather than just tuning the whole thing.

So again...I know I fucking hated how loud the scoop was, but it helped.
Old 11-08-2019, 07:27 PM   #90
s1421
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
s1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
This car is going to be one hella nice when its done!
s1421 is offline   Reply With Quote