Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-03-2019, 02:27 PM   #181
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMB0 View Post
Super Lap Battle will be going on as well so I’m more excited about that than drifting. Maybe I’ll get to take the R32 on the circuit!
... and the shift to a grip car begins
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2019, 06:11 PM   #182
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph_KYAS13 View Post
... and the shift to a grip car begins

It’s already started lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2019, 08:19 AM   #183
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Time for an update.

I put some white TE’s on it.

Drove that Demo I talked about. Took the car onto the circuit for a couple of parade laps.

Then I swapped to WMB XT7’s. We (FatsCats and Essence) started hosting our own private practice drift days at the local police academy.

I fly in Michael (D-Magic) to install my livery before Final Bout Gallery

Went to FBG and crashed twice

I got to hangout with one of the coolest dudes I know.

Other than that, the car has been sitting since I got back from FBG. It’s too hot here in Texas to persuade me to drive so I just parked the car Until it cools down.

I need to replace the aero but other than that, I feel that the car is complete.

Old 08-26-2019, 08:55 AM   #184
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
excellent update is excellent

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 02:18 PM   #185
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Sooo good +1
Old 08-27-2019, 08:03 AM   #186
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Quoted for truth
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 09:37 AM   #187
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
All red with white te"s is pure fukn sexy! Well done sir
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 10:12 AM   #188
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFITTZY View Post
Sooo good +1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Quoted for truth
Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
All red with white te"s is pure fukn sexy! Well done sir
It was a very "classy" look. The offset of the rear TE's were a little weaker than I wanted (+22).
Old 08-27-2019, 12:47 PM   #189
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Texas Crash King

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 06:17 AM   #190
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Over the years, I have attempted to build another S13 after I parted out my first one 5 years ago.

This time, I took a different approach and set goals for myself. There were multiple plans that I changed along the way but I think the way it all came together was meant to be.

After Final Bout, I knew my R32 was complete. The way it looked and drove gave me a sense of completion, something I don't think I have ever felt during my "car life". There was always something was going to come next or another stage but with the livery, I don't think I can do anything else to the car.

With that, I knew I could devote my time and finances to something else. This was the mindset that allowed me to commit 100% to another car.

I first had my eyes set on a S14. There was one earlier this year that I put an offer on but the seller declined. It was a 1994 Silvia, white with NA SR20DE. That car sold but about the time I was looking for another car, it came back up for sale. The new owner put a high price tag on it but I was ready to buy it but after a couple days, the seller backed out.

Then I went to go look at a couple other S14, USDM chassis's. The first one was ok, but I wasn't sold on it. The other 2 that I was planning on looking at, the sellers decided to not sell them.

After 4 S14's, I took this as a sign that it wasn't meant to be and decided that I should just go with what I know but try to try some other things with the S13.

My main goal was to do a NA SR20DE in the s13. It was something I haven't done and I figured it was something that would make building another S13 "fresh". And I happened to come across a 1991 240sx Hatch with a S14 NA SR that wasn't installed. I contacted the seller and it was still for sale. Unfortunately he had someone heading his way to look at the car and if I didn't sell, I would be able to come look at it the next day.

Well the S13 sold that night to the other buyer and I told the seller to let the new owner to contact me and I will pay more for the car if he wanted to sell it. I was getting desperate but the new owner did contact me and told me if he were to sell it, he would let me know.

This car was exactly like my first S13 so I was attached to it already. The owner happened to contact me about a week later saying he needed to sell the car and would sell it for what he bought it for. So i packed up and went to pick it up.

About this time, my friend Eric hit me up to ask if I wanted to buy his chair. This was another one of my goals: to obtain a Zeros or Maxis for my S13. So I didn't hesitate and bought it.

Once I had the car and the chair, I knew things were getting serious.

Damon was the only person I told that I was building this car. We always chatted about how we thought it was cool to build something in secret then reveal it. I'm a fairly open person and I enjoy sharing with others but this time, I decided to keep things quite while I gathered everything.

The next item on the list was a set of Kouki taillights. These are at the top of the list of why I think the 180sx is the coolest car. NissanParts had 15% off the following weekend that I got the car to the shop so I jumped on their full taillight kit. I had to add the RPS13 panel as well.

Old 11-12-2019, 06:17 AM   #191
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Alright, so after acquiring the seat, car and tail lights, it was time to try to get the rest of the aero so I could have the car look decent while I was looked for an engine.

I found the front bumper from a gentleman that was parting out his white Kouki S13. I tried to buy all the aero but there was another buyer that bought everything but the front bumper. So I opted to get what I could.

Next I found the Kouki wing. Someone on Facebook was selling a group of them so I jumped on one of them.

Trying to find side skirts and rear valances was damn near impossible. It took me a while to find a each set.

But in the meanwhile, I decided that the S14 NA SR20DE that came with the car wasn't what I wanted. I sold it and was on the search for a S13 KA24DE so I could just drop it in and keep the budget "responsible".

I picked up a parts car with a stock KA to swap in and I also ended up with another cheap KA locally. So I ended up with 2 S13 KA's that I was going to clean up and install one in the car.

At this point, I had to pick 1 of the KA's and sell the other. I ended up selling the one from the parts car because it was an automatic car but as soon as I sold it, someone messaged me wanting to trade a S15 Autech SR20DE engine.

So my plans changed once again and I traded the KA with cash for a S15 SR20DE engine.

This thing was super cool! But I ended up selling it after a week of having it because Damon and I decided that having an Intercooler is cooler and if I'm going to build this car, let's do it the coolest looking way.

So in the span of 3-4 weeks, I sold 2 SR's and 2 KA's. Still didn't have any more aero and still with no power train.

After deciding to bite the bullet and start bidding on aero on YAJ, I found side skirts and rear valances. Unfortunately I had to buy 3 sets of side skirts and 2 separate auctions for the rear valances just to have everything complete.

Finally after sorting all the aero, It was time to move onto another goal for the car: complete Z32 Brakes. I had the fronts on my last S13 but never the rear. I've owned a full set but never installed them. This time, I was going to complete it.

Someone in Zilvia was selling the rear Ebrake assemblies for fairly cheap so I bought them. Then someone posted the calipers for sale on Facebook for cheap and I bought them too. Pads and Rotors were purchased new, of course.

I didn't take pictures of the brakes before they were on the car so here they are. They are brakes, nothing special. I painted them gold, haven't decided if I'm going to paint the letters red.

Finally for this post, Damon talked me into getting a red Brix for the passenger seat. He said if I had the Zeros then I need a Brix to match.

GETJPN had one for sale so I just bought it without thinking twice. No regrets.

Old 11-12-2019, 06:18 AM   #192
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

With another distraction down, I needed to really focus on getting an engine. I began looking at S13's that I could part out and use the engines.

Everything that I was finding was ragged out and bad compression numbers. It was extremely depressing trying to find another good SR20DET that was healthy.

Eventually, I came across a car that seemed to be what I wanted. The guy selling it had the car for 10 years and was built prior to him owning it. He had only put Stance coilovers on it in the last few years but never got to drive it, due to kids.

It took us a month to meet up due to scheduling and after driving 2 hours to look at it, the compression wasn't good. Or so we thought. The car ran just fine, pulled as hard as the R32 did but something was off so I passed on it.

The owner went and had the car checked out and video'ed the compression test with a new gauge, the engine was HEALTHY.

I drove back 2 hours, loaded up the car and took it home. Got a car with a decent engine!

I got the car home and drove it into the garage. Looked over it one more time and realized that I should just build off this car than ripping the engine out and putting it in the shell.

The run down of the S13:

1989 240sx

S15 SR20DET

6 speed Transmission

Blitz FMIC

Koyo

Stance Coilovers

Nismo Power Brace

5 lug

S14 seats

Tomei elbow

Trust Downpipe

RSR exhaust

I started cleaning up the car the next day and beginning to part out the white S13 Shell I had been saving for months.

This car is so mid 2000's built. Has a working S15 cluster, wiring loom covers, HKS fan controller and funny shift knob. And it was built pretty well. Nothing that couldn't be undone.

I parted out the white shell. Sold everything I didn't need. Kept the black interior. Began putting on aero and my seats.

This is the point when Damon arrived. We installed the Z32 brakes, tucked the fender harness, started removing the blue interior, put in S14 FLCA's, removing all the old harness, and cleaning up what we thought needing replacing.

As of this week, I ordered a new engine harness from wiring specialties, new black carpet, clean dash and manual seat belt conversion.

This should be where I can stop and drive the car around until I feel it's ok to paint the car responsibly.

I have to clean up the R32 first before painting the 180sx so that both cars are done.

It took a while but keeping this car a secret until I felt it was "done" was a cool goal. Not everything needs to be blasted on social media but it doesn't hurt to share. It was an experiment that I wanted to try and I feel that I accomplished it.

So I'll have a couple more updated on this car but shouldn't be too much since the car is fairly simple.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by JIMB0; 11-12-2019 at 06:56 AM..
JIMB0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 07:07 AM   #193
mikeyyy
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
mikeyyy is a name known to allmikeyyy is a name known to allmikeyyy is a name known to allmikeyyy is a name known to allmikeyyy is a name known to allmikeyyy is a name known to allmikeyyy is a name known to allmikeyyy is a name known to allmikeyyy is a name known to allmikeyyy is a name known to allmikeyyy is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Ah, this is going to be good!
Old 11-12-2019, 08:55 AM   #194
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
YESSSSSSSSS. That s13 looks to be a really good base to start with!
Old 11-12-2019, 08:56 AM   #195
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
This is great! Thanks for letting me be a part of it.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 11-12-2019, 09:03 AM   #196
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
dadmon your dining room tuning is pretty noice.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:05 AM   #197
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Build threads need to be a thing agian. I miss them.

Old 11-12-2019, 01:49 PM   #198
Olly
Zilvia Member

Olly is making a name for him/her selfOlly is making a name for him/her self
Excellent, stoked on this thing
Olly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 03:48 PM   #199
BOXCAR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
BOXCAR is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
WoW !!!!!!!!!!
BOXCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 01:11 PM   #200
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
vvvvvvv good! i like secret surprises!
Old 11-13-2019, 02:33 PM   #201
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Excellent update is excellent.
Screw all the social media builds! Bring back the build threads
Old 11-19-2019, 11:31 AM   #202
stopbruh

Trader Rating: (1)
stopbruh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
make build threads great again!
stopbruh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 11:50 AM   #203
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

The R32 will still get some love in preparation for Final Bout South.

I’m changing seats to a Zeta. The Gardis is a great seat but the Maxis fills the void for my need of a crazy seat.

Came across a really cheat Zeta that is by far the nicest seat I’ve owned so far. Fits great and won’t hit the roll cage.

Old 11-19-2019, 12:39 PM   #204
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
No Blinds/drapes/curtians? That's brave. Nice house tho.
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 12:43 PM   #205
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
No Blinds/drapes/curtians? That's brave. Nice house tho.
white suburbia can watch me walk around naked.
Old 11-19-2019, 01:10 PM   #206
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
I like your style.
Old 11-19-2019, 01:54 PM   #207
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Yougon'learntoday.jpeg
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:09 AM   #208
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
HAHAHAHA. Same TBH.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 12-02-2019, 08:53 AM   #209
240sx_sr20det
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
One of my favorite 4 doors!

But damn, your new S13 is goals for a second car!
240sx_sr20det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:57 AM   #210
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sx_sr20det View Post
One of my favorite 4 doors!

But damn, your new S13 is goals for a second car!

Thanks dude!