Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-14-2022, 01:28 PM   #61
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
snorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Spring/Summer 2021, all of this work was finished around October 2021. Funny enough I?ve moved to another state and not worked on the car since Zilvia went down. This is the progress made so far. I plan to return home and finish the wiring, fuel system and at least get the car inspected and registered before relocating the car. It?s feeling closer and closer to being completed, so it?s been good.

I rolled the car outside to do the final wet sand and cleaning before painting.

Prepping and shooting in the garage was not easy at all. This all was done by rattle can. Products used are Spraymax 2k primer, Automotive Touch Up 463 Dark Gray Metallic and Spray Max 2K Gloss. I think it turned out fairly nice given all the circumstances and it being the first time I?ve done a project this large.

With the bay painted, re-assembly has officially started.

I worked on the rear fitment. I went for more of a quarter pull rather than a flared roll.

As I said re-assembly had begun and with that it was time to toss in the engine I had picked up in 2020. Massive shoutout to all my friends and family that helped. Nick, Taylor, Dylan and Aaron all helped to get this engine together before I moved. My father and I dropped it into the bay together. A lot of sweating and careful movement was involved. Looking back I almost wish I had cut the core support and set it up for easy removal. Alas here we are.

Free hoists tend to be the sketchiest things ever, this time did not disappoint. Vice grips and a ratchet strap did the trick.

Finally after many years the car has an engine between the rails.

This seems like an appropriate time to fully revisit the stages of the engine bay.

Thank you all again for the support and hopefully I'll have another update by the end of the year.
snorkelcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2022, 06:41 AM   #62
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That rear quarter pull turned out nice. What tire size are you running f&r?
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 05:39 PM   #63
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
snorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanSayWhat View Post
That rear quarter pull turned out nice. What tire size are you running f&r?
Thank you, the driver side is going to need some work sadly. Wheels are 17x9 Fronts +35 w 5 or 10 mm spacer and Rear +18 with 235/40s all the way around.
snorkelcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 07:49 PM   #64
xschylerx
Leaky Injector

xschylerx is on the path to ruinxschylerx is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by snorkelcoupe View Post
What happens when you snap off the bolt inside the frame rail's 'weldnut' for the tension rod bracket?
1st try a screw.
2nd realize that doesn't work well.
3rd torch out the weldnut and the side of the frame rail to install a bolt and nut.

The results are in . . .
ahaha I did this last summer on my hatch while test fitting a skid plate. not even installing it. yeah. your work is much cleaner than mine haha.
rest of the progress looks good, excited to see it!
xschylerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 06:28 PM   #65
shaggyjake
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
shaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
All the work done so far looks top notch! I attempted a fender pull in my hatch but I fucked it. Looking forward to the next update!
shaggyjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 05:47 PM   #66
Boinkswag

Boinkswag is an unknown quantity at this point
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4611/...05b88ece_c.jpg

The build is amazing man! Respect on the attention to detail and craftsmanship. I?ve got a ?93 coupe I?ve been slowly restoring as well. I?ve been searching for the part number for the seal on the steering column boot. I was hoping you would have it or know a substitute that I can use for a replacement? Would definitely appreciate any input 👍🏼
Boinkswag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 05:05 PM   #67
shinhed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
shinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Build threads like this are a rarity. I'm glad this S13 found you!
shinhed is offline   Reply With Quote