Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 03:11 PM   #91
Turbodonnie

Trader Rating: (0)
Turbodonnie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Turbodonnie
amazing work man keep it up!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2008, 03:41 PM   #92
miravete
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (44)
miravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant futuremiravete has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
speechless...!!!

more pics please...
Old 05-22-2008, 05:31 PM   #93
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
SinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The strip down of the dash....

Decided if I am going to go all out, go all out. So leather dash it is....

Started by taking out the guts for cleaning of the ducts to get the former owner smoke and ass matter smell out of the vents, it didnt stink or anything you just never know what mystery smells can come from inside those ducts once you get the heat blasting....

Started removal of the 13 year old dried up vinyl, $hit is like wallpaper, looks ok, but when its time to remove it all it sucks balls.

All removed:

The remains:

And the teaser..."Uh oh! Someone cut a hole in my dash!"

And my homeboy link I got in today (Homelink for those of you that dont know):

Old 05-23-2008, 12:32 AM   #94
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Do I smell 350z gauges?!? Awesome

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 05-23-2008, 12:47 AM   #95
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Do I smell 350z gauges?!? Awesome
I'm hoping for G35 dash, I think those look way better

Old 05-23-2008, 05:41 PM   #96
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

SinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
I'm hoping for G35 dash, I think those look way better

G35 dash is too bulky for the 240 interior to be proportinate, its the same size as my dads titan dash and thats huge....
Old 05-24-2008, 11:12 AM   #97
gregfarz78
Zilvia Member

gregfarz78 is on a distinguished road
so thats what a stripped dash looks like...cant wait to see what you have in store for it
Old 05-24-2008, 06:31 PM   #98
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Some goodies came in today while I am waiting on the parts I need to complete my dash.

VQ swap kit, thanks blu808!:

With megan racing headers I dont need so they are for sale:

And my cusco st bar I got off ebay, my favorite series cusco bar have them on my Sentra and my NX2000. Hopefully it will clear my VQ. Is it rare? This is the first I have seen...

Old 05-24-2008, 09:40 PM   #99
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
spoiler alert

the strut tower bar won't clear
Old 05-24-2008, 10:18 PM   #100
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kandyflip445
I didn't even know you could take the vinyl off the dash. lol
Old 05-25-2008, 12:32 AM   #101
juice.def
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
juice.def is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
gat dayum son
Old 05-25-2008, 01:26 AM   #102
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
spoiler alert

the strut tower bar won't clear
Maybe ill modify to make it clear if not ill sell it.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:44 AM   #103
irax
Post Whore!

the vq using a 350z intake or atleast the none HR intake already hits the hood. I think a strut brace is out of the question unless it follows the firewall under the intake
Old 05-25-2008, 08:36 AM   #104
DOOK
Post Whore!

DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
awesome build thread... you should donate the 10 dollars and go premie, you'd fit well

Old 05-25-2008, 10:45 AM   #105
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
the vq using a 350z intake or atleast the none HR intake already hits the hood. I think a strut brace is out of the question unless it follows the firewall under the intake
Wonder if it will clear the kinetix mani, as I plan to upgrade to this anyway... If not Ill figure something out.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:38 PM   #106
1CLNS14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (44)
1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold1CLNS14 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Homelink is pimp, I got one of a 07 G Coupe, the autodim is great and the garage link is so usefull! the wireing is easy if you need help PM me. great work!

Daily Driven
Old 05-26-2008, 09:04 PM   #107
gregfarz78
Zilvia Member

yep a strut brace is pretty much out of the question it won't clear it
Old 05-27-2008, 08:18 AM   #108
Entry Speed
Leaky Injector

Entry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really niceEntry Speed is just really nice
Great work man!

Youre creative as hell!
Old 05-27-2008, 03:16 PM   #109
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregfarz78 View Post
yep a strut brace is pretty much out of the question it won't clear it
Well in the modifying game, if it dont fit make it fit!
Old 05-27-2008, 06:14 PM   #110
swpdwgn
Leaky Injector

swpdwgn is making a name for him/her selfswpdwgn is making a name for him/her selfswpdwgn is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to swpdwgn
wow + rep for you man. i always love seeing original builds and people who put themselves into their cars!
Old 05-27-2008, 07:26 PM   #111
gregfarz78
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterSntra91 View Post
Well in the modifying game, if it dont fit make it fit!
props if you make it fit, hell I'll buy one off you if can make it fit lol

the intake on the vq really gets in the way maybe if you go in front of it doesnt look to be much room to route behind it up against the firewall
Old 06-03-2008, 07:08 PM   #112
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOK View Post
awesome build thread... you should donate the 10 dollars and go premie, you'd fit well
Talked me into it, Done!
Old 06-03-2008, 07:18 PM   #113
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
glad you joined the blue side (not just dont ever leave or we'll hunt you down! :keke)

seriously, this is a great build. You're not letting anything intimidate you, or letting other people tell you otherwise. you're taking your time, making things work well, and paying attention to detail. Most people on here have trouble even cleaning their interior let alone designing their own! lol

I seriously hope you don't lose your steam on this project, it will decimate all, after you put in about 10k, OR MORE...if we have to, overnight parts from jap-an. (sorry...had to.)
Old 06-03-2008, 07:22 PM   #114
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
glad you joined the blue side (not just dont ever leave or we'll hunt you down! :keke)

seriously, this is a great build. You're not letting anything intimidate you, or letting other people tell you otherwise. you're taking your time, making things work well, and paying attention to detail. Most people on here have trouble even cleaning their interior let alone designing their own! lol

I seriously hope you don't lose your steam on this project, it will decimate all, after you put in about 10k, OR MORE...if we have to, overnight parts from jap-an. (sorry...had to.)
No steam will be lost here I am already in to deep to turn back, I am itching to do more but the parts I need to do so have yet to come in, someone on this forum I wont name names is dragging his feet on getting the parts I need to go further. I am also getting a check for the first half of the work I did on remodeling a friends mom and dads bathroom soon so I am going to buy a load of parts then. I have also been remodeling a boat which has been taking up my time too. I dont like starting projects and quitting them before they are complete.

Ill have more pics as soon as I am able to start progressing more.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:14 PM   #115
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Got my parts today, sneaky peek!

Last edited by SinisterSntra91; 06-05-2008 at 04:09 PM..
Old 06-05-2008, 04:14 PM   #116
mrpeepers
Zilvia Junkie

mrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nicemrpeepers is just really nice
wow this build thread is all type of insane... love the fab work
Old 06-05-2008, 05:48 PM   #117
Howard92884
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Howard92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond reputeHoward92884 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Howard92884
How did I miss this thread. Amazing work, nice to see a fellow Ohioan who doesn't own a mustang, I'm originally from Sandusky. Keep up the good work!
Old 06-05-2008, 05:51 PM   #118
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard92884 View Post
How did I miss this thread. Amazing work, nice to see a fellow Ohioan who doesn't own a mustang, I'm originally from Sandusky. Keep up the good work!
No way in hell would I own a mustang or ever own one for that matter, as you can see I like being different and those freakin cars are a dime a dozen. I so enjoy the ego that comes with the purchase of those cars too, lol.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:34 PM   #119
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Ok a little update of where I am now....

Started with this (Dash completely stripped):

And this (Panel that craddles the 350z cluster on a 350z):

Old cluster hump has to go so I traced around the hump to cut as little as possible:

Got out the jig saw, mustered up some nerve, took a deep breath and went to town. Ended up with this:

Trimmed up the 350z panel went to the shop where the S14 is sitting. Bolted in the dash cross bar, and my S14/350 hybrid column. Fitted the panel for the right angle and clearance for viewing and tilt steering. Came up with this:

Got some fiberglass resin and some fiberglass matting. With some cutting and fitting, I formed the matting around the areas that needed to be filled in. Held in place by some spray adhesive:

Mixed up the resin and spread her on:

Reinforced the underside using the same method:

Got out the body filler and went to town filling and sanding which is where I am now. This is my first time doing such a task so its taking a little longer than expected but I am pleased with the results I am starting to see. Once I am finished its on with the black leather!

Old 06-10-2008, 04:03 PM   #120
shinhed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
shinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Are you gonna paint the dash with truck bed liner too? You do know they make textured plastic paint?
Looks more "factory" than truck bed liner.
Closed Thread