Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 08:52 PM   #31
D1S13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
D1S13 can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
very nice back yard build cleaner and more precise and some shops

www.teamtopflight.blogspot.com
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2008, 11:21 PM   #32
wisDOMination
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
wisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the roughwisDOMination is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
+1 on the carpet thing
i'd rather have mine repainted then buying a new molding
material you used?
keep up the dope work
Old 03-05-2008, 11:43 PM   #33
DJButton
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
DJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJButton
Goood deal man! Great progress so far!

New website! http://www.fujiispl.com
Post up YOUR CAR! http://www.rimtuck.com/
Old 03-05-2008, 11:44 PM   #34
MikeisNissan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
MikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MikeisNissan
Quote:
Originally Posted by WangonwWarrior View Post
I can tell thats gonna turn out CLEAN, i should start posting up my build thread
I agree. I am a lone garage builder.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:47 PM   #35
tdub377
Leaky Injector

tdub377 is on the path to ruintdub377 is on the path to ruintdub377 is on the path to ruin
Wow man this thing is gonna turn out so nice! Great build.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:53 PM   #36
MikeisNissan
Post Whore!

MikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to MikeisNissan
Gosh having more men that's as good as you in hand it a plus. I wish I had determined guy's to work with, my dad sometimes, but I don't like to bother him or make him work much.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:54 PM   #37
Wabash9000
Zilvia Member

Wabash9000 has a little shameless behavior in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by slideitsideways View Post
+1 on the carpet thing
i'd rather have mine repainted then buying a new molding
material you used?
keep up the dope work
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=81508

they have some info about the dye. sounds readily available. I might try to do that to the floor mats of my s14.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:01 AM   #38
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (19)
jspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Very nice thread. Great detail!!! +1

661 sliders Gymkhana @ buttonwillow
http://zilvia.net/f/south-western-st...-sessions.html

>> Bakersfield Hook up thread <<
Old 03-06-2008, 12:05 AM   #39
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
vair nice!!! That thing has come a long way!! I very much dig the engine bay color, valve cover color, and the fact that you painted the block. Everything looks hella clean. +1 for building something that most people wouldn't dare touch into something bad ass.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:22 AM   #40
astrophixvox
Leaky Injector

astrophixvox has a spectacular aura aboutastrophixvox has a spectacular aura aboutastrophixvox has a spectacular aura aboutastrophixvox has a spectacular aura aboutastrophixvox has a spectacular aura aboutastrophixvox has a spectacular aura about
Truly amazing!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 01:20 AM   #41
PuffinPuffer
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (-1)
PuffinPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
nice work so far man, keep it up!!
Old 03-06-2008, 03:27 AM   #42
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
im i the only one that thinks building on this chassis is a piss poor idea?? cool progress but dam id jus wait for another car to come along.... surely you can find a virgin s13 somewhere.. theres always gonna be that doubt in your mind that "what if..".

i think this is the same car, shits been floating the net for a while

someone obiously smashed the shit out of the front and thought this would be a cool fix job

but i respect you got some major patients building that car and alot of devotion
Old 03-06-2008, 03:43 AM   #43
tschad
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
tschad is making a name for him/her selftschad is making a name for him/her selftschad is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
wow.

what a build.

mad props.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:01 PM   #44
TheS14project
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
TheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheS14project
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
im i the only one that thinks building on this chassis is a piss poor idea?? cool progress but dam id jus wait for another car to come along.... surely you can find a virgin s13 somewhere.. theres always gonna be that doubt in your mind that "what if..".

i think this is the same car, shits been floating the net for a while

someone obiously smashed the shit out of the front and thought this would be a cool fix job

but i respect you got some major patients building that car and alot of devotion
Those pictures are the guy I bought the car from. And no the car wasnt in a wreck he just thought he was better fabricator then what he actually was. He cut a perfectly good car almost into 1/3 including the fenders and hood. I bought the car for a $100 bucks and it had no rust what so ever. I didnt mind putting the time into it, it honestly didnt take that long to put back to OEM spec. This thing is honestly stronger now then when Nissan built the car. Thanks everyone on the comments, more updates soon.

Seth
Old 03-06-2008, 08:40 PM   #45
240sx_sr20det
Nissanaholic!

240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection
I need an update!!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 08:52 PM   #46
TheS14project
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
TheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheS14project
Ill have some more updates this weekend, as for the request's on what I used to dye my carpet with this is the supplier. Im sure you can find a dealer close to you. http://www.carbrite.com/
Old 03-06-2008, 09:34 PM   #47
240sx_sr20det
Nissanaholic!

240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection
I can't wait that long!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 10:22 PM   #48
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
looks great man. I hafta say that you have your priorities exactly right!!! Fuck the flashy ass wheels and fancy aero. Your engine, turbo, exhaust, fuel system, and everything that counts is top notch!! keep the updates coming

Last edited by 96Turbo; 03-07-2008 at 11:44 AM..
Old 03-06-2008, 10:32 PM   #49
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JRas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheS14project View Post
I bought the car for a $100 bucks and it had no rust what so ever.
I have a very hard time believing someone sold you that whole car for $100.

I want proof
Old 03-07-2008, 02:39 AM   #50
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRas View Post
I have a very hard time believing someone sold you that whole car for $100.

I want proof

I believe it...

It had none of the fucking front shit.

That's a pain in the ass.

You can't just ziptie your front panels together and have your front suspension just chillin like that.

Well, you could but your car would probably suck more than a Cavalier.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:17 AM   #51
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Can we get some high res pics of your paint? Red and black. I'm interested in your choice in black and very interested in the method used for the flake in the red(read it in the paint flake thread).
Old 03-07-2008, 11:41 AM   #52
sirhc
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
sirhc will become famous soon enoughsirhc will become famous soon enoughsirhc will become famous soon enoughsirhc will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sx_sr20det View Post
I can't wait that long!!!
^----LOL

Nice build!
Old 03-07-2008, 11:52 AM   #53
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
I have seen tubular front end builds like above on S chassis's before, for track cars. Done right it will work. Beyond looking at the pics that Hypertek posted its hard to say if the previous owner was doing it right.

I will give you major props for rebuilding the car like you did though. Thats fucking off the hook in the dedication and work department.

I would personally not even bother going there myself due to lots of S chassis's still intact floating around SoCal.

Though I can and will respect your efforts and say its looking pretty damn clean.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 03-07-2008, 11:53 AM   #54
S13Boosts
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (12)
S13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfectionS13Boosts is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i do gotta say that shit is the shit! +1 shits hot hahah!
Old 03-07-2008, 12:04 PM   #55
240trainee
Post Whore!

240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Yea, props for making that car solid again, those pics have been floating around forever, and the comments are always there goes a perfectly good car.

Kinda funny.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
Old 03-07-2008, 01:19 PM   #56
ThAzOLa

ThAzOLa is not welcome here anymoreThAzOLa is not welcome here anymoreThAzOLa is not welcome here anymoreThAzOLa is not welcome here anymoreThAzOLa is not welcome here anymoreThAzOLa is not welcome here anymoreThAzOLa is not welcome here anymoreThAzOLa is not welcome here anymoreThAzOLa is not welcome here anymore
definetly sick project!
Old 03-07-2008, 01:39 PM   #57
sfljdmej2
Leaky Injector

sfljdmej2 will become famous soon enoughsfljdmej2 will become famous soon enoughsfljdmej2 will become famous soon enoughsfljdmej2 will become famous soon enough
weres an update its coming out great dude.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:00 PM   #58
CoasTek240
Post Whore!

CoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to CoasTek240
im glad to see another s chasis has been saved.
Mad props on your Fab skills and dedication, as well as your supporting cast (wife, friend who help you build your car, etc.)

good luck man. Keep us updated.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:15 PM   #59
ill_concepts
Zilvia Junkie

ill_concepts is close to perfectionill_concepts is close to perfectionill_concepts is close to perfectionill_concepts is close to perfectionill_concepts is close to perfectionill_concepts is close to perfectionill_concepts is close to perfectionill_concepts is close to perfectionill_concepts is close to perfectionill_concepts is close to perfectionill_concepts is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ill_concepts
CLean build!! Updates!!!
Old 03-07-2008, 06:22 PM   #60
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
ok for $100 and you had the parts already, that i wont complain heheh

you could always call it a drift car and slang that thing back for a couple g's *provided the original pics disappear from the net and no one knows haha*