Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 04:52 PM   #1
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
My Little Silvia (S15 with RB26)

So I figured I would post up about my project as I promised in my intro thread (for those of you who read that stuff). I have been workign on this for a couple of years now, since I spend alot of time away from home it gets difficult to dedicate time to it with the wife and kid as well. However, When I am at home I tend to get a good 20 hours a week in on it.

The plans for the car are to go as fast as possible for as long as possible.

The Engine is close to complete with everything but peripheral modifications such as radiator and the various tanks and lines I have to fabricate.

So Satarting from the beginning.

The Engine Consists of the following
RB26DETT N1 Block
HKS 87mm Pistons
JUN Rods
JUN Billet Crank
Nismo Oil Pump
N1 Water Pump
Tomei Pan Baffles
Modified RB26 Oil Pan
JUN Rod Bolts
JUN Head Studs
HKS Metal Gasket Kit
1mm Oversize Intake Valves
Apexi V-Max Valve Springs and Retainers
Apeci V-Max Lifters
Apexi V-Max Cam Shafts (270/11.4)
HKS Cam Gears
HKS Timing Belt
Port and Polish
Valve Seat Cut and Grind
Squish Area Removal
GT HEad Cooling Mod (Will illustrate in pictures)
Sard 1,000cc Injectors
HKS Fuel Rail
Top Secret Intake Manifold with 100mm Throttle
HKS GT3040 Twin BB Turbine Kit (Good to about 1100PS)
Greddy Pulley Kit
ATI Crank Damper Pulley
GReddy 5 Core Intercooler

Engine Pics:

Oil Pan after being chopped then polished (Speed Factory Okinawa Chopped it, Yours Truly Polished it).

Modified Stock Thottles To Allow for Single Throttle Conversion.

GT HEad Cooling Modification (It took me three Manifolds to get this right but it finall turned out.

Cylinder Head After Squish removal

Engine Finally Assembled (You guys do not need to see all of the Boring Pics do you?)

I will post Chasis Pics in he next Post.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2007, 05:01 PM   #2
DOOK
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
come on then you cock tease.

Old 08-24-2007, 05:05 PM   #3
TonKpilS14
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
TonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymoreTonKpilS14 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TonKpilS14
aww u lucky bastard... i wish i could have a rb26dett. nice custom paint
Old 08-24-2007, 05:06 PM   #4
grnappletree14
BANNED

grnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfectiongrnappletree14 is close to perfection
thats shit is so sweet. keep up the good work
Old 08-24-2007, 05:09 PM   #5
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

CursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfectionCursedGTR is close to perfection
Chasis Pics

Chasis After the first two days of stripping and STRIPPING

Because the humidity in okinawa you have to prime it right after you strip it or you will get screwed. I used a pretty hard core gel like blue stripper that ate the paint to the metal. I also used Gasket remover in hard to get to places. The entire car was stripped inside and out.

Ugly Crap Like this area under the batter plate motivated me to glass the front part of the engine bay

The Flares are done all the way to the apex of the wheel well to allow for maximum clearance when the widebody kit goes on. If I want to pass inspection with no problems I cannot cut the quarters off so they stay and just get deeply modified (really doesn't matter as they will be under a BN Sports fiberglass body kit).

Engine Bay Work. Holes were filled in with resin then sanded and three layers of fiberglass was put in then more resin, a bit of bondo to fill in divits and more sanding, then complete.

Old 08-24-2007, 05:16 PM   #6
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Interior as of right now

I am thinking I should leave the interior like this.

Exterior As of Right Now

5 Core Intercooler (Twin 70mm inlets, Single 100mm Outlet)
Old 08-24-2007, 05:17 PM   #7
S14DriftstaiN
Leaky Injector

S14DriftstaiN is a well-known jackass
Oh man.....I can only imagine. thats going to be some sick ish.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:18 PM   #8
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Tenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
wow lotsa work
Old 08-24-2007, 05:25 PM   #9
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
loving the rear fenders. they look pretty dope the way they are right now. looks nice man. keep it up.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:32 PM   #10
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JRas
looks like a good project keep it up
Old 08-24-2007, 05:37 PM   #11
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
what are you plans for the car?

killing people longitudinal with g forces?

right on
Old 08-24-2007, 05:47 PM   #12
JDMS1lv1a
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
JDMS1lv1a is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
high status project. keep it up dude
Old 08-24-2007, 05:53 PM   #13
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

tknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Looks awesome, the flames on the RB make the pants rediculously tight.

$pending dead pre$ident$ J@CK@TT@CK!
Old 08-24-2007, 05:57 PM   #14
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
DAMN any thoughts on paint color? wheels?
Old 08-24-2007, 06:10 PM   #15
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
DAMN any thoughts on paint color? wheels?

I had my buddy that airbrushed the valve cover mix up a really nice shade of blue that I like (kind of light and in between a powder blue and a metallic/electric Blue) I intend to use it on the interior and the engine bay and trunk. The exterior will likely be a slightly darker version with a coat of Pearl as well. I should be in the paint phase in about two weeks so I will keep you all posted. All I really need to do is complete the sanding and prep the body kit. Then it is time to color my little book.

The Rims I want are outside of my budget right now because I want to spend some serious cash on Engine Management (I am thinking Motec or Electromotive) and the proper gearbox is not cheap either, So I am going to go with some AllStadt 18's (I think 12J and 11J respectiveley) that someone is holding onto for me.

Once the car is complete and has been registered again, I will Most likely go with a custom set of Rays 57S with Iridium Lips.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:13 PM   #16
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
God damn...i still wanna know what you do on island to make that much loot. If your the Ganja man...you got some great customers...Okinawans do love those buds...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
Old 08-24-2007, 06:13 PM   #17
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
what are you plans for the car?

killing people longitudinal with g forces?

right on
I just want to go really scary fast. The kind of fast that when you finally stop, you think to yourself "holy shit, did I just do that?"
Old 08-24-2007, 06:15 PM   #18
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
God damn...i still wanna know what you do on island to make that much loot. If your the Ganja man...you got some great customers...Okinawans do love those buds...
We will meet someday and you will see.

YOu buy your car from Brian Dyer?? I helped build it before he bought it.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:15 PM   #19
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by CursedGTR View Post
I just want to go really scary fast. The kind of fast that when you finally stop, you think to yourself "holy shit, did I just do that?"
Shiet specially on this island, there aint enough roads to go that fast. Unless you wanna go kei-car dodging on the expressway where the speed limit is 55 mph.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 08-24-2007, 06:17 PM   #20
k's_silvia2.0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
k's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to k's_silvia2.0
Looks really good keep us updated.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:20 PM   #21
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Shiet specially on this island, there aint enough roads to go that fast. Unless you wanna go kei-car dodging on the expressway where the speed limit is 55 mph.
58 at night and not that part in front of that place that alot of people know about.

Also, I have never really paid much attention to speed limit signs, I just kind of go and do my own thing and yet I have gone 7 years without a speeding ticket (knock on a forest)
Old 08-24-2007, 06:31 PM   #22
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Hmm...thats true, i just dont stay out late enough to see 58 empty enough to go balls out. But yah, how much longer so we can all nut on your car when its running at the Jusco parking lot...

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 08-24-2007, 06:33 PM   #23
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Hmm...thats true, i just dont stay out late enough to see 58 empty enough to go balls out. But yah, how much longer so we can all nut on your car when its running at the Jusco parking lot...
About 8-10 Months. I have to figure out how to shit 25K More to finish it.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:37 PM   #24
arkive43
Zilvia Addict

arkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud ofarkive43 has much to be proud of
so freakin cool wangan runs!!!! when can we expect more pics!!!!!
Old 08-24-2007, 06:48 PM   #25
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkive43 View Post
so freakin cool wangan runs!!!! when can we expect more pics!!!!!
About 2 more weeks at most. I am in the states right now but will be back in Japan Tuesday Night. I plan on being back to work on it by Thursday and hopefully will have some cool shit cooking by then. Sub Frame reinforcement, Paint, Motor Mounts, Custom Tranny Mount, Body Kit Prep, Templating for sheet metal and carbon fiber all have to get done in the next few weeks.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:54 PM   #26
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CursedGTR View Post
About 8-10 Months. I have to figure out how to shit 25K More to finish it.
Paint your turd gold and sell them on Ebay... But yah, Ive been looking at your car pixs at the yon and that engine is sooooo fucking clean I can eat some spam and rice on it.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 08-24-2007, 06:55 PM   #27
CursedGTR
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Paint your turd gold and sell them on Ebay... But yah, Ive been looking at your car pixs at the yon and that engine is sooooo fucking clean I can eat some spam and rice on it.
mmmmmmmmm spam
Old 08-24-2007, 07:19 PM   #28
SexPanda
Post Whore!

SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
That is one bad ass build. I really cant discribe it any better than that. And its nice to see a newer silvia on here, and not so many s13's/s14's.

Havent seen many s12's either... huh.

Keep it up, and if you have any extra parts left over, like the sr20 that was in it, I'll gladly send you my shipping info lol.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:28 PM   #29
RUTH'LESSDET
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
RUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to RUTH'LESSDET
this is gonna be good
Old 08-24-2007, 07:36 PM   #30
los_inc
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
los_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to los_inc
thats a motha funkin sex machine if i've seen one
-los