Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 08-21-2019, 04:53 PM   #1
HellaSexyS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
HellaSexyS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownHellaSexyS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownHellaSexyS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
s13 P2M Electronic Fan Controller Issue

Hey Guys,

Wondering if anyone else on here has the P2M fan controller kit, pretty sure its similar the Circuit Sports one. (S13 w/ S14 sr20det) I have it all wired up but when it hits the set temp. to turn on the fans, the signal is not triggering the relay to turn on the fans. The controller is showing the water/oil temps so at least that part is working.

I checked continuity on all the wires and connections are good. I am able to jump the relay to get the fans to turn on, so the power is there. I tried to ground out the signal (white) wire from the relay which the instructions say would trip the relay but i got nothing.

Currently i just rigged up a 3 prong switch into where the relay would be, one to power, ground and to the fans, just so i can get the fans to turn on and still drive around.

Any idea why the fan controller is not triggering the relay? Other than it being a crappy fan controller.

Any help is appreciated
Old 08-22-2019, 08:05 AM   #2
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
sounds like bad signal wire based on your troubleshooting...might give them a call to double check...
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 01:39 AM   #3
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
I think u have to wire up the relay as a ground trigger. That's how that fan controller works.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote