Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-18-2012, 07:27 PM   #121
omgRWDgoodness!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (48)
omgRWDgoodness! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Buncha hatin, jealy-ass bitches in here. This is how you rep HARD:

(Don't even need a fairly recent picture YO!!)
Old 07-18-2012, 07:30 PM   #122
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
i dislike sunroofs because i am tall, and my helmet makes contact. i'd imagine that with a cage i'd be better off hard mounting my helmet to the bar.

however, it gets hotter than a motherfucker if the air in your car has no where to go while you wait in line. and sometimes opening the door doesnt cut it.
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:09 PM   #123
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Quote:
Originally Posted by roboticnissan View Post
I joined in 07, have nothing but holy roofs, and will out drift, grip, and drag ANYONE, in this thread hahaha
I used to think that when I was 23 too.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #124
bunny13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (21)
bunny13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
What poeple dont realize is that the popup sunroof ONLY looks good on kouki/kitted hatches.

Saying it looks good on ANY hatch is like saying a roof wing looks good on a bone stock car.
"Looks good" as in +23 hipster rep points like your buddy mentioned? Seems a little hypocritical if you ask me....
bunny13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:25 PM   #125
zo0d
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
zo0d is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Did someone say THC?

This just might be the worst thread on Zilvia at the moment.

What's next the "Body Matched Side Mirror Thread" ?

P.S. I love how more than half the posts in this thread are by OP.
zo0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:25 PM   #126
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
What? Do you even know how to use the word "hypocritical"?
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 07-18-2012, 08:47 PM   #127
booey13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (91)
booey13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 91 reviews
Quote:
I love how all the people talking shit joined in like 09+ and have like 7 posts.

STFU NOOBS!

BTW back when people were actually doing the right things with their 240's (like tracking instead of hardparking) ALL anyone wanted was no sun(moon)roof. Now that all you ignorant fucks do is drive on the freeway and park in a parking lot i can understand why you think a sunroof is special.
While i love the moonroof in my 2tone I have ALWAYS had hardtops.

Oh and to all the people thinking only base models came with no hole in the roof. You are fucking idiots.
All (except 2tone) my cars have been SE no HOLE
There's a handful of people in here that have said they like their moon/sunroof. The majority are just saying that the idea of this thread is a fucking joke.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:06 PM   #128
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
The appreciation for hardtops goes unnoticed and is not discussed. It's hard to conceptualize this thread because the general population glorifies the ADDITION of things. The usage of glass in vehicles is for visionary purposes. There is no circumstance when driving a motor vehicle that you need to look directly up to where the sunroof is placed. Unless of course its the end of the world and a huge meteor is about to squash your fuck, LOL.

Being a hardtop owner means that you live and breathe the ideology that function > form.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:07 PM   #129
bunny13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
What? Do you even know how to use the word "hypocritical"?
I know exactly how to use the word "hypocritical." And since you seem to want an explanation of the point I make, here we go: What you're saying is that sunroofs only look good on kouki/kitted hatches. Clearly an opinion. And your opinion at that. And then you go on to talk about "the right things to do with a 240" like you're some kind of authority on that topic (also your opinion) and happen to know what every single person does with their car, especially if they have a sunroof. So what you're basically saying is that all the "ignorant fucks" that have/are defending the sunroof cars only hardpark/drive on the highway because they have sunroofs, think it's special, and/or can receive +23 hipster rep points? (per the statement made by your buddy) See the point? You are one of those "ignorant fucks" for enjoying a sunroof car.

Case in point, there are plenty of sunroof cars that get driven hard. Really hard. And I'm sure plenty of the owners of those cars enjoy their sunroofs/moonroofs to boot.

And in case Killer2001 is wondering what I own before he comes at me with one of his "silly roofer" comments, I own a hardtop S14.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:11 PM   #130
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunny13 View Post
And in case Killer2001 is wondering what I own before he comes at me with one of his "silly roofer" comments, I own a hardtop S14.
This just tells me in your mind you "settled" for a hardtop because in reality you want to be a roofer. It was probably cheap and available for you at the time even though you wanted a sunroof model.

You are not worthy.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:17 PM   #131
bunny13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
The appreciation for hardtops goes unnoticed and is not discussed. It's hard to conceptualize this thread because the general population glorifies the ADDITION of things. The usage of glass in vehicles is for visionary purposes. There is no circumstance when driving a motor vehicle that you need to look directly up to where the sunroof is placed. Unless of course its the end of the world and a huge meteor is about to squash your fuck, LOL.

Being a hardtop owner means that you live and breathe the ideology that function > form.
That depends on what type of function. So you're not taking into account the people in this thread saying that their car stays cooler with the sunroof/moonroof open? Because to me that is a function, keeping the passenger compartment cooler that is.

What if i told you I once had a car that had a sunroof braced in the open position to acquire more downforce? Trippy right? Would you have the means or ability to test that and see if it would actually make a difference? Function > form right?
Old 07-18-2012, 09:22 PM   #132
KendallH
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
KendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
So I have a "hardtop" 89 coupe... if I put an aftermarket sunroof in it, anyone taking bets on whether Killer's head will explode?

Sunroof Pop Up Sunroof 14 X 32 Manual Pop up Roof | eBay

Hmmm....
KendallH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:22 PM   #133
bunny13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
This just tells me in your mind you "settled" for a hardtop because in reality you want to be a roofer. It was probably cheap and available for you at the time even though you wanted a sunroof model.

You are not worthy.
You, not unlike your buddy, seem to have the ability to get inside others heads. What if i told you when I was in the market for a car, I stumbled upon a mystical land sprinkled with every s-chassis imaginable, with any option available. Would you believe me if I said I opted for my exact car?
Old 07-18-2012, 09:24 PM   #134
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Quote:
What if i told you I once had a car that had a sunroof braced in the open position to acquire more downforce? Trippy right? Would you have the means or ability to test that and see if it would actually make a difference? Function > form right?
Then I'd ask you how your rear spoiler is going to benefit from downforce if the sunroof is interrupting the airflow path.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:26 PM   #135
bunny13
Zilvia Addict

Seriously, now you're going against your own movement? Not only is this a sunroof bashing thread, it's a "you have a hardtop, you must have settled for it because you really wanted a sunroof" thread. This thread makes less sense with every post.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #136
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallH View Post
So I have a "hardtop" 89 coupe... if I put an aftermarket sunroof in it, anyone taking bets on whether Killer's head will explode?

Sunroof Pop Up Sunroof 14 X 32 Manual Pop up Roof | eBay

Hmmm....
Yeah, sort of like when idiots paint their factory two-tone's some ugly ass solid color. Fail.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #137
bunny13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Then I'd ask you how your rear spoiler is going to benefit from downforce if the sunroof is interrupting the airflow path.
What if I told you my sunroof spoiler applies an even amount of downforce to both the front and rear wheels on a grip setup? Or better yet my awd rb setup. (not really) Get real bro.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #138
KendallH
Zilvia Addict

KendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choices
Quote:
Yeah, sort of like when idiots paint their factory two-tone's some ugly ass solid color. Fail.
It is a two tone XE.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:36 PM   #139
coreyh
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
coreyh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i like how this dude said cars with sunroofs arent functional. someone show him nigel petries car!!! killing drift tournaments in aussie with, get this.... a sunroof its a piece of glass, thats it, why the op is making such a big deal i have no clue.
coreyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:50 PM   #140
corry29
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
corry29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to corry29
I really wanted a sunroof though. But when I came across this one, it didn't have one.

corry29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:06 PM   #141
bunny13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by corry29 View Post
I really wanted a sunroof though. But when I came across this one, it didn't have one.
If I were you, I'd edit your post and go with the flow before Killer tells you you're not worthy of this thread. Maybe you'll make out with an awesome general electric sticker to rep your support.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:23 PM   #142
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Honestly, those complaining need to relax. This threads existence shouldn't put that stick far up your ass. It's literally as simple as "does my car fit this thread?" if yes, post that shit. If no, just close this tab or go back to the chat section.

And for what it's worth, all of those other threads & potential threads that got turned down by the mods/admins were because they were a little more common than the S-Chassis without moonroof/sunroof. It's been a couple of days since this thread was created. It would have been closed by now.

Got to find time to paint my hood/bumper Juniper Green...
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:28 PM   #143
Wake
Premium Member

Quote:
You, not unlike your buddy, seem to have the ability to get inside others heads. What if i told you when I was in the market for a car, I stumbled upon a mystical land sprinkled with every s-chassis imaginable, with any option available. Would you believe me if I said I opted for my exact car?
now look up sarcasm you fucking idiot.

Then look at my join date.... ponder for a minute how many 240's I have seen since just that date, (we wont go back to '98 like we should). Now since you seem to think that simple math is a psychic trick Im going let you ponder the existence of jesus and where the dinosaurs went.

I said I enjoy my sunroof 2tone, simply because I love EVERYTHING about that car.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 07-18-2012, 10:33 PM   #144
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
yomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
im going to start a Mud Flap Militia thread
yomisiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #145
Wake
Premium Member

Ill join that motherfucker too.

Even tho the mudflaps I own are no longer on my car.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 07-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #146
KendallH
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomisiu View Post
im going to start a Mud Flap Militia thread
Five Lug Flotilla?
Old 07-18-2012, 10:45 PM   #147
Wake
Premium Member

Q45 brake owners club of the continental united states association of america.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 07-18-2012, 10:48 PM   #148
bunny13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
now look up sarcasm you fucking idiot.

Then look at my join date.... ponder for a minute how many 240's I have seen since just that date, (we wont go back to '98 like we should). Now since you seem to think that simple math is a psychic trick Im going let you ponder the existence of jesus and where the dinosaurs went.

I said I enjoy my sunroof 2tone, simply because I love EVERYTHING about that car.
You like to call people names don't you? I can tell. Frankly, I don't care about your join date. And since you're on the topic of Jesus (while keeping your join date in mind), does that mean I should listen to what the pastor says at church because he is older, and somehow superior because he's studied more religion than i have? As far as I'm concerned that pastor is my equal. And if you're taking this correctly, that means that you too, are my equal.

At least you threw out join date and not post count. The lord knows you have me spanked in that arena.

See, I can play nice without name calling.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:49 PM   #149
corry29
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
corry29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to corry29
Quote:
If I were you, I'd edit your post and go with the flow before Killer tells you you're not worthy of this thread. Maybe you'll make out with an awesome general electric sticker to rep your support.
Haha, I'm actually really happy I don't have a moonroof/sunroof after hearing all the horrid wind and water leaks,
corry29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:09 PM   #150
corner

Trader Rating: (0)
corner is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
every s chasis iv owned has had a moonroof and never leaked. whats the point in not having one? and it only weighs 12 pounds if you start with the weight factor. structural rigidity is most likely not changed, and in my opinions they look cool. All the people on here "down with THC" are only here because they just happen to have bought a hardtop, saw this thread and thought "UH UH UH my opinions have been thought for me.. cool, bro i luv hard tops". Stupid freakin thread. AND WHY ARE ALL YOUR COME BACKS "UH UH UH YOUR SUNROOF LEAKS YOU DAMN ROOFER, UH UH"
corner is offline   Reply With Quote