Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #1
1990 240sx Rb25
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
1990 240sx Rb25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1990 s13 rb25det series 2 build

I decided to start a build thread of my s13 rb25. This is my first ever build i have owned a mk3 supra and a 07 sti. This is my car when i first bought.

Heres a shot of the engine bay from the mess of wires to the exaust intercooler piping

And the hack job continues

So i drove it around for a while passed emissions started to practice how to drift clutch kick and all the fun stuff along the way i cleaned it up.

Painted all the trim back to stock black. it had a horrible paint job so i decided to return it to stock look i also re-sprayed the interior black to clean it up.

Then my car started to smoke so i went and got a used turbo and my buddy helped swapped it out and also put a new battery in the car with relocation kit to the hatch the battery in their was 7 yrs old.

So as i was doin the battery relocation kit i decided to clean up my in intercooler piping and make it shiny and the the nightmares started coming i found i need all new intercooler piping. it was rubing were they cut the frame to route piping.

And then the new parts started coming from vibrant intercooler piping to front facing manifold to the 3 gauge vent holder to a tial q/r bov new front bumper,nrg 2.5 quick relase, short hub and steering wheel, oil catch can and broad way rear view mirror.

So i tried doin the intake manifold my self and i did have the proper tools or the time with work so i brought it to ecs performance were they put it on and found out it had to be machined flat cause it was not sealing right so i also had it powder coated black and at that time i had all new intercooler piping re-done. After all was said and done my car still smoked so they did a compression test and found out cydlinder 2 had bad rings so i purchased a new motor from tiger ***.

This is my attempt at putting it in

thanks to ecs its alot cleaner this is the old motor

and then i bought a new motor horrible pic and they put the motor in also bought a new exedy clutch stage 2 re-machined fly wheel and throw out bearing.

This is the most up to date pic i have we still cant get it started it cranks but wont turn over were guessing it the old hacked up wire harness.

it has came along way since i bought it in may of 2012 just need power steering and i can be out at this yrs events.

Parts list

Rb25det series 2
rb25 tranny
r33 lsd
r33 rear end
custom 1 piece drive shaft
300zx brake kit all the way around
5 lug swap
tein coilovers
full suspension
buddy club spec 2 exaust
vibrant custom interooler set up
custom intake
z32 maf
z32 nismo ecu chiped
short shifter
exedy clutch kit stage 2
God speed front facing manifold powder coated black
xxr 962 rims dont no the exact size or tires their is spacers on it
theirs prob alot more i this the next step is a wire specialties wire harness to clean the wire up and solve the no start issue

1990 240sx Rb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #2
40craz
Leaky Injector

40craz is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the same build just trying to figure out wht wires to connect to the z32 maf do you have a pin out or how to I used the ka maf before
40craz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:57 AM   #3
1990 240sx Rb25
Leaky Injector

1990 240sx Rb25 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a wire specialities harness but under nistune website their is a pin out diagram
1990 240sx Rb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:19 PM   #4
40craz
Leaky Injector

40craz is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok thts the same wiring Harness i have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
40craz is offline   Reply With Quote