Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 10-21-2019, 07:48 PM   #1
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
s13 ARC 8000 Auto Rod Control

I never wired anything major, except a car radio. In an attempt to force myself to learn how to build a chassis harness, I cut-up my 240sx harness! Several years later, I'm stuck with a car I can not drive. I purchased the ARC system in 2015 but due to military obligations and medical issues its been sitting in the box. I left all the plugs and wiring to the lights with 4 a inch pig tale to solder the ARC in. As soon as it hits the 60 degree mark in Austin I will start taring into the dash, I got a month or so.

If you have any suggestions please chime in.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/arc-8000r/
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2019, 01:53 AM   #2
BigKriss
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
BigKriss is making a name for him/her selfBigKriss is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Also looking at doing my cars wiring. Thankfully I have not cut out my harness ! :-)
Looked at Motec PDM`s but crazy prices ! Also wiring in a new Link G4 ecu setup but as you, want to do it myself. Researched a few units already and it seems this one from Summit is rhater respected if you look at the reviews. My car is street driven as well, not sure how this will hold up to constant use or daily use. Seems to be race car or drag car specific. Any one else have an opinion on this unit ?
Following your pain here bud, mines been off the road a year now..
BigKriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 04:58 PM   #3
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
My drift car has an ARC8k, was easy to install and wire in. It should have come with some sort of basic diagram or information on what you need to wire where. Keep in mind you're not going to be able to have every single thing work like it did with the factory harness.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 05:10 PM   #4
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the input.
Old 11-23-2019, 10:18 AM   #5
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Back story, my car set in New Orleans on a trailer for 3 years. The car was covered and I checked weekly to ensure water did not get through the cover. I was welding the front tubs last week and noticed metal flakes on the driver side frame rail. I thought no big deal, and tapped it with a hammer. It was all rusted all the way through. I don't have time or the funds to properly fix it, so I'm looking for a new chassis. I have a few options to consider: 2006 g35 2 door manual chassis or another s13 chassis.