Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-28-2019, 10:48 PM   #691
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
V8s are for people who cant build shit! DISCUSS!!!

there yah go!
Before this gets out of hand, are you talking V8’s in general or LS versus let’s say SR/JZ/RB....
Old 02-28-2019, 11:13 PM   #692
gzus9
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
gzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I would assume if someone swaps a V8 as an alternative to the engine the car originally came with.
gzus9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 08:03 AM   #693
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
What we should really discuss, is how your junkyard iron block isn't an LS.

Stop calling it an LS it's not. Its LS based. If you own a 240, everybody knows youre already poor anyways.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 08:47 AM   #694
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DALAZ_68 View Post
But honestly, who here needs more than 350hp daily...
Anyone without a vigina?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 08:55 AM   #695
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post

Stop calling it an LS it's not. Its LS based. If you own a 240, everybody knows youre already poor anyways.
Naw fam. Term LS is now just a generic term for GM III, IV and V gen small blocks.

Saying an LT1 is "LS(1) based" is about as accurate as saying a 327 is "350" based... which is to say, not accurate.

LS1 is a specific Gen III model. Everyone uses the term LS as a generic term since there are just so many various versions over 3 generations of design.

Hell even "5.3 swap" is not super specific since there are a dozen varieties of that engine as well.

Ultimately, you are installing a boost whore that is part of one of the greatest engine families ever...

The only reason it's boring and generic is because of its success and popularity.
Old 03-01-2019, 09:05 AM   #696
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:

there yah go!
I can not help but think, when people say stupid shit like this... That they have no real experience.

Like "200whp is plenty for thr street" really means "I've never driven a fucking fast car and have no idea what I'm missing out on".
Old 03-01-2019, 11:08 AM   #697
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
And you'll have a fresh rebuilt motor instead of a junkyard crap shoot.

Also, that rebuilt motor will now have bigger injectors and turbo etc. Like I said, stick GTE shit is like 350whp MAX. So if your going to get injectors and a turbo... Go big and save thr coin.

If all you want is 300whp, well I feel bad for you.

What? lol no, I meant 2500 for just rebuilding the bottom end..and maaaybe you'll be able to rebuild the head with that. Yeah the engine will be fresh, but you still need everything else under the sun to really use those internals.

With a low mileage GTE swap you can get away with basic maintenance before dropping it in. Then just swap out the twins, injectors, ECU, do the exhaust/intercooler. DragINT does these swaps with single turbo conversions in like 4 days lol.

and the typical v8 swap just bore me. A boosted 2J with the same power is just so much more visceral and exciting to drive.

*shots fired*
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 01:47 PM   #698
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
What? lol no, I meant 2500 for just rebuilding the bottom end..and maaaybe you'll be able to rebuild the head with that. Yeah the engine will be fresh, but you still need everything else under the sun to really use those internals.

With a low mileage GTE swap you can get away with basic maintenance before dropping it in. Then just swap out the twins, injectors, ECU, do the exhaust/intercooler. DragINT does these swaps with single turbo conversions in like 4 days lol.

and the typical v8 swap just bore me. A boosted 2J with the same power is just so much more visceral and exciting to drive.

*shots fired*
You continue to compare apples to oranges.

Rebuilding a N/A engine is a few hundred bucks unless your going all aftermarket internals, at which point... Apples meet Oranges.

Pistons, Rods and Crank in an NA are just as strong as a TT.

I'm not going to hate on a boosted straight six, would love to have one. However a gut ripping torque monster V8 is just as fun.

Toss in a PD Blower with that banshee wail and the combo of instant toqure and high rpm pull is intoxicating. I couldn't imaging having a W463 with a diesel or a gutless M104.

My next engine will likely be a stroked Big Block Mopar. Just love that low idle rumble of a big cam V8.

Really, there is no replacement for displacement even if you like 4 cylinders or 6's.

2JZ > RB26 > Rb25 > SR20 > CA18Det

K24 > K20 > B18 > B16 > D16 > D15

So forth.
Old 03-01-2019, 03:36 PM   #699
VROOOM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Do something like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 10:50 PM   #700
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
first post on my new laptop. Got the 256gb MacBook Air while it's on sale at Best Buy for $200 off. First MacBook as well, so far I really enjoy it for the price point ($1199+$249 for applecare+ for 3 years). I have a few weeks to return it should I decide there's a better option out there for me, but I am pretty ecstatic. Feels like a BMW in computer form, lol. I was debating shelling out more $$ for a 16gb RAM model 13" PRO without Touch Bar but 1. not on sale and 2. way out of my budget, I really didn't want to spend more than $1000 and I spent $1550 w tax. Still happy, but hopefully I don't kick myself in the ass in 6 months. I don't do anything too intense, but want something I can grow into and that won't be obsolete in 2 years. I will probably sell it for 40% of purchase value in 3-4 years and roll into another one I guess.

I really want to sell my phone and get an iPhone now to integrate my calendars, clouds, etc. although I've been apprehensive about switching over in the past. I currently have a Galaxy S9+, which I enjoy thoroughly, but idk. Market value seems to be $550-650 for them on craigslist, so I could roll that over and pay for most of an XR...or shell out more and get an XS. Been reading articles comparing the X/XR/XS/XS max and articles comparing them to the Galaxy s9+ but I am basically right where I started. Picking out the laptop was much easier, and the sale sort of solidified my decision. If anyone wants to meet at the coffee shop and talk Apple, I'm super down. We can carpool in my Tesla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d9m13n View Post
Go n55. N54 really isnt worth the trouble, even when you can DIY. Too many minor issues can cause massive headaches and take a lot of time to fix. N55 feels great stock, makes nice sound, and will be massively more reliable.
Only issue is when it comes to tuning, its a bit more expensive to get more power out of an n55 and you can potentially run into issues with the internals and cast crank. There's also more and more documented cases of rod bearing issues even on stock engines, a la S54/S65/S85.
I love my 135i to death but as a daily it's given me too many issues and taken too much time off the road. e90's are a fantastic chassis, just go n55
I have had 1 335i, it was pretty damn reliable. Only 1 coil pack took a dump on me. Drove it on a 900 mile trip, 8 hours each way, did great. Stage 1 n54 car, 6MT. Had it for 6 months. I've got a handful of clients with n54 cars, I actually have one client with 3 n54 135i. I had one I procured and stored for him that was fully converted to 1m spec, Enkei RS05RR, Air Lift suspension, Revozport hood/diffusers/all sorts of shit, it was epic. Threw tons of codes but pulled hard. It's going under the knife for built motor etc., I can't disclose power goals, but I can disclose power numbers. To make this spicy, I won't disclose either, BUT I will say the power output should be over triple what it makes now it will be epic if it doesn't blow up. Not sure how the trans will handle it let lone the rest of the damn chassis but we will see.

Quote:
The answer you seek is K24..... [/IMG]
Did we just become best friends?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
....also how is no one commenting on the fact that he STILL found a way to get a Mustang in here. I'm actually impressed.

Quote:

there yah go!
I have an LS1 car, and have had numerous other ones...they're sweet in their own regard, but there are a lot of setups/builds out there that are unimaginative. But that being said there are plenty of whack KA/KA-T cars out there hehehehehehehehehehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post

Issa LS fam

Quote:
I can not help but think, when people say stupid shit like this... That they have no real experience.

Like "200whp is plenty for thr street" really means "I've never driven a fucking fast car and have no idea what I'm missing out on".
200whp is sweet, 400whp is more fun, 600whp is fun until you crash or everything starts breaking. Less power = more throttle = more fun for me. I mean, when I drive an 800whp car I'm super happy but it also mandates more focus and respect, which makes it more of a chore than a leisurely activity in many circumstances. Power numbers also are secondary to power delivery/gearing/weight/etc. imo. Ideally the perfect S chassis to me makes within 300-400 reliable WHP with a modest amount of torque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post

*shots fired*
TBH yes. I think my LS sounds pretty sweet on throttle but many sound boring. Going to Super D really made me butthurt about having an LS1/6 cause everyone's cars sounded so much cooler than even mine, meh.
Old 03-01-2019, 11:21 PM   #701
xschylerx
Leaky Injector

xschylerx is on the path to ruinxschylerx is on the path to ruin
Quote:
First post on my new laptop.....
u ok there bud?
xschylerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 09:51 AM   #702
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by xschylerx View Post
u ok there bud?
You're obviously new here

No, I'm far from okay, where do you want me to start?
Old 03-02-2019, 10:28 AM   #703
Farzam
Post Whore!

Old 03-03-2019, 03:36 PM   #704
potatomonkey99
Leaky Injector

potatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to behold
IMO LS swaps are lazy, unimaginative, and show that the owner doesn't respect the heritage of the the car they own
An LS in a 240 is just as bad as an LS in a classic muscle car.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Matte paint will never be cool
potatomonkey99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 04:02 PM   #705
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatomonkey99 View Post
IMO LS swaps are lazy, unimaginative, and show that the owner doesn't respect the heritage of the the car they own

An LS in a 240 is just as bad as an LS in a classic muscle car.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Okay, sure budy.

Cause you know, following the JDM hype train of SR20det, GT28, 550cc, Apexi Commander and TE37s is sooo original and immagivtive.

Some people are not interested in making a fucking art statement and riding the IG Popularity Dick. They just want a bad ass car that's fun to drive.

Same goes for classic muscle cars. LS engines are astronomically better than an old SBC. Hell, they have stroker kidts for LS engines that will pull them out to more cubes then a BBC while being 2-300lbs lighter.

So if you want a reliable classic with a cheap, powerful, excellent performing engine? Yup, LS that crap.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:12 PM   #706
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mad-ass
I've helped few of my friends do LS2/T56 swap into S14 and FD chassis, and I have LS1/T56 myself in my current S14 of 12 years owner ship. I've done a lot more engine swaps helping my friends along and recommending them upgrades and what not(JZ/RB/4AGE...what ever popular engine insert here) but I've always kept my engines stock as possible for power figures because I like reliable cars that doesn't break down, and it has proven itself to me to do so. So when I wanted more power, I've looked for engines that just made more power and that was LS1 at the time I purchased the engine back in late 2008(I've been doing LS-V8 swaps since 2008, literally when everyone was still doing SR20DET swaps, yeah so boring and unimaginative I know.)

I've weight a lot of ups and downs of doing a V8 swap, so long that it actually took me 8 years before I started on my own LS swap into my car from the time of the engine purchase, and every bit of it made sense every time I thought about it.

I think most people that hate on the LS swap has never been in or driven one before, nor they have been in anything faster then 12sec car. Because the people that I know that have the LS swap their 90's cars doesn't go on public forum saying they hate different engine, nor do they flaunt about their LS swap cars to everyone they see, they are generally really good minded people.

Most people at some point in their life just want to buy something non-sense once when they have goals. Why not buy something that fulfills your requirement out of the box instead of buying something and modifying it to get it to the power figures you want it to at a cost of reliability? I know for fact really healthy stock SR20DET will dyno at about 175WHP, because I've had a stock SR20DET for years that I beat on without issues, and I also happen to know stock LS1 will dyno at 300~320whp. How much parts do you have to throw at the SR20DET to make it 300whp reliable? at bare minimum injectors($500 ish), turbo($1000+), tune-able Computer(AEM V2, $1200), and tune($500+); by the time you are done, you are more than 3/4 way into doing LS-V8 swap. This would of course be a different story if the 240SX's in USA came with SR20DET from factory, but that's not the case here so don't bring that up in your rebuttal potatomonkey99, if you have one.

Please keep telling me LS-V8 swaps are boring, because if I want 70whp gain, it'll cost me $300 in a cam upgrade and day's worth of work.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:39 PM   #707
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I don't mind ls engines. I just don't think they fit the pedigree of s chassis cars. They're dead reliable, make good power, cheap to go fast and honestly a great powerplant. I just personally don't like them in S chassis. Plus I personally hate the way they sound. Unfortunately, that means I only have one option for my build due to my opinion/preferences. VVL Sr here I come. I hope my wallet is ready lol.
e30gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:55 PM   #708
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30gangsta View Post
I don't mind ls engines. I just don't think they fit the pedigree of s chassis cars. They're dead reliable, make good power, cheap to go fast and honestly a great powerplant. I just personally don't like them in S chassis. Plus I personally hate the way they sound. Unfortunately, that means I only have one option for my build due to my opinion/preferences. VVL Sr here I come. I hope my wallet is ready lol.
Just swap a K24 or F22. Thank me later.

Better, cheaper engines with bigger aftermarkets and more readily available parts. Engines are also domestically available and only a few years old.

Doing a SR20VET already means tons of customs work and wiring. The stock SR trans is trash so you'll want a T56, RB/VG or CD009, meaning you'll need an adapter..... So just do the Honda swap.

Whole YouTube series on it now.

https://youtu.be/Hpmc7Hkvn0U
Old 03-03-2019, 10:02 PM   #709
Corbic
Post Whore!

This will get some panties bunched up.

Old 03-03-2019, 10:11 PM   #710
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
im angry now.
crzsteveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:13 PM   #711
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mad-ass
Quote:
Just swap a K24 or F22. Thank me later.

Better, cheaper engines with bigger aftermarkets and more readily available parts. Engines are also domestically available and only a few years old.

Doing a SR20VET already means tons of customs work and wiring. The stock SR trans is trash so you'll want a T56, RB/VG or CD009, meaning you'll need an adapter..... So just do the Honda swap.

Whole YouTube series on it now.
I was about to say very similar response. Honestly there are endless aftermarket support for the Honda-K serise engines that it should be more realistic for most people I think. like Miata folks have it figured out and they have gone past the K motors into doing V6 swaps(check out flyingmiata).

What pedigree are you talking about though? it's not like KA engine was light, SR is not a light engine either with the turbo.
Old 03-03-2019, 11:26 PM   #712
potatomonkey99
Leaky Injector

potatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Okay, sure budy.

Cause you know, following the JDM hype train of SR20det, GT28, 550cc, Apexi Commander and TE37s is sooo original and immagivtive.

Some people are not interested in making a fucking art statement and riding the IG Popularity Dick. They just want a bad ass car that's fun to drive.

Same goes for classic muscle cars. LS engines are astronomically better than an old SBC. Hell, they have stroker kidts for LS engines that will pull them out to more cubes then a BBC while being 2-300lbs lighter.

So if you want a reliable classic with a cheap, powerful, excellent performing engine? Yup, LS that crap.
LMAO you're just making assumptions that I'm an IG clout chaser without touching my argument. Its not about the clout or the hype, its about the heritage of the cars and what they where meant to be used for. For the record I'm not a huge fan of SR20's, im more partial to tiny 4 bangers and i6's like the RB or JZ's.

Slapping an LS into an schassis ruins the way the car handles by killing the weight balance. Putting a ton of torque down low on these light cars also basically renders them useless unless you turned your car into a drift slut.

The heritage example applies even more to old muscle. Why bother owning a piece of history if you're just going to chop it up and throw out its soul. if you want a drag car that what 4th gen 'marros, foxbodys, and other POS's are for.

yeah sure LS's make power but imo its pointless to throw them in a car they don't belong in. If you want cheap v8 power, go for modern muscle. Enjoy your crowd killers and boat anchors there.

(oh and LS swaps aren't more cheap or reliable than a comparable sr20, 2j etc)

Old 03-04-2019, 12:20 AM   #713
Farzam
Post Whore!

I think a lot of people dislike LS swaps cause they read it on the internet somewhere lol

I really hate a lot of the new 240 kids. They either want 4x4 status cars that look like AIDS or they are weaboo-types who have narrow mindsets and only want 1jz and sr20 lol.

LS are cool but I think they're just engines like any other and have their pitfalls. I have one in my car because it came in it and I wanted to maintain the "heritage" of the car but this is my last LS swapped car. I'd still buy cars that come with LS from the factory cause I like variety.

Variety. That's what people need to embrace. As I get older I get into tons of vehicles I wouldn't have looked twice at before. Now that I pay attention to them I realize how many cars I've missed out on cause I didn't wanna pay attention to them

P.S. 240sx were marketed towards hair dressers and receptionists so like...have fun preserving that heritage bo
Old 03-04-2019, 12:51 AM   #714
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
This will get some panties bunched up.

retarded engine swap pix
you SOB! One might not believe, but there's a god up there, and he likes cars, and he knows right mods from wrongs, and he's keeping count, and all of you lousy bastards bastardizing jdm cars with those cheap easy horsepower making v8's are gonna pay!
Old 03-04-2019, 01:34 AM   #715
potatomonkey99
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzam View Post
I think a lot of people dislike LS swaps cause they read it on the internet somewhere lol
I think you got that backwards bud, it's the Instagram clout chasers that drive a clapped out Camry that I see bitching that people WONT swap their cars.
Hating LS swaps is a minority opinion nowadays

Quote:
I really hate a lot of the new 240 kids. They either want 4x4 status cars that look like AIDS or they are weaboo-types who have narrow mindsets and only want 1jz and sr20 lol.
I'd never even think about sr20 or 2j swapping my car, if that's what you're implying. Also don't know what you mean by 4x4 status. I'm guessing you're talking about those off road 240's if which there are like 3 I've seen.

Quote:
LS are cool but I think they're just engines like any other and have their pitfalls. I'd still buy cars that come with LS from the factory cause I like variety.

Variety. That's what people need to embrace. As I get older I get into tons of vehicles I wouldn't have looked twice at before. Now that I pay attention to them I realize how many cars I've missed out on cause I didn't wanna pay attention to them
I agree with this, anyone who thinks any engine is infallable is an idiot. Variety is also cool, I love seeing unorthodox swaps like 4g63 or K24. I don't like seeing played out unoriginal 2Jz and LS swaps.

Quote:
P.S. 240sx were marketed towards hair dressers and receptionists so like...have fun preserving that heritage
So you're boiling the decades of history behind the car in Japan and in the states away to "it was just a hairdressers car lol"? If so why bother stuffing a V8 into it?

Old 03-04-2019, 06:26 AM   #716
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
LMAO you're just making assumptions that I'm an IG clout chaser without touching my argument. Its not about the clout or the hype, its about the heritage of the cars and what they where meant to be used for.
Same difference. Your worried about image. You know what the 240's heritage is? Being a dirt cheap trash can car with a shit engine that's easy to shove a better engine in.

Quote:
For the record I'm not a huge fan of SR20's, im more partial to tiny 4 bangers and i6's like the RB or JZ's.
SR20 is a "tinny 4 banger"

Quote:
Slapping an LS into an schassis ruins the way the car handles by killing the weight balance. Putting a ton of torque down low on these light cars also basically renders them useless unless you turned your car into a drift slut.

You are a fucking idiot. It's only been proven time and time again across the ages that an aluminum block LS engine is retarded light. You sound like thr idiot weeboos on 240sxForums circa 2004 screaming not to do RB Swaps because it adds 100lbs and moves weight in front of the wheels.

Great theory on paper, but utterly wrong in practice. LS1 is going to be lighter than a RB or 2JZ.

As for torque... They do make tires wider than 235. Me thinks you've not driven a fast car before.

Quote:
The heritage example applies even more to old muscle. Why bother owning a piece of history if you're just going to chop it up and throw out its soul. if you want a drag car that what 4th gen 'marros, foxbodys, and other POS's are for.
Here we go again with the IG bullshit. Not everyone wants to needs a numbers matching original. Plenty just want a bad ass V8 Muscle car. How is dropping a 427ci stroked LS into a 6-banger Nova or a 350 Chevelle "destroying it"..

You do realize the Foxbody is now a classic that people are paying stupid money for, right?

Quote:
yeah sure LS's make power but imo its pointless to throw them in a car they don't belong in. If you want cheap v8 power, go for modern muscle. Enjoy your crowd killers and boat anchors there.
Once again, all worried about the hype train and no actual experience. The entire point of hot rodding is to be swapping engines and going fast.

Quote:
(oh and LS swaps aren't more cheap or reliable than a comparable sr20, 2j etc)
Except they are $/HP. By the time you upgrade your SR and transmission, you got LS money. You can buy a complete LS3 swap package for like $8k.

https://m.autozone.com/external-engi...evrolet/camaro

Can you get a 2JZ or SR head next day at your local auto zone?
Old 03-04-2019, 06:38 AM   #717
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
F you guys.

Leave Honda engines alone.

Especially F-series stuff. An F20/F22 is way pricier than an SR20 you dingleberries.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 08:16 AM   #718
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
F you guys.

Leave Honda engines alone.

Especially F-series stuff. An F20/F22 is way pricier than an SR20 you dingleberries.
We're talking about a SR20 with a VVL head swap.

Besides, K24's are like $300.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:27 AM   #719
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

jedi03 is on a distinguished road
In 1966, Don Yenko was impressed enough with the late model Chevrolet Corvair's handling, and decided to apply for SCCA approval of the Corsa model for racing. The sanctioning body approved the cars with back seat removed and upgrades to the Corsa engine increasing horsepower and torque. The 100 1966 Corsas that received certification were all painted white and most had blue striping, and were named "Yenko Stinger".
Yenko continued to modify Corvair coupes as Stingers for the rest of the car's production run. The last Stinger was a 1969 coupe, after which Corvair production ceased for good at Willow Run, Michigan. Charlie Doerge wrote a book on the Yenko Stinger and some of Don's escapades in 2011. The book lists many original and subsequent owners, as well as known racing history with much information on all of the cars that were produced. Jay Leno in a video has declared it "the bible for Yenko Stinger owners".
When the Camaro entered the pony car fray in 1967, Yenko transplanted Chevrolet's 427 cubic inch (7 L), 425hp (317 kW) L-72 engine (along with other high-performance parts) and created the Yenko Camaro. The 1967 & 1968 427 Camaros were so popular that, in 1969, Yenko used Chevrolet's Central Office Production Order (COPO) system to have L-72 engines installed into Chevrolet Camaros and Chevelles.
In 1971 and 1972, Yenko sold the Yenko Stinger Vega. Based on the Chevrolet Vega GT Hatchback, the Stinger Vega included front and rear spoilers and Yenko Stinger side striping and a special COPO engine with alloy-plated forged aluminum pistons. The modified Vega aluminum-block 2.3 inline 4 with a turbocharger and 155 hp required a 50,000 mile test for EPA certification and Don Yenko backed out in the final hour[1], while Chevy did not take the hint on its marketing potential as neither the Yenko-requested higher-compression engine blocks nor factory equipped turbo engines were ever built. The Stinger Vega was offered from Yenko Chevrolet through 1972 without the Turbo installed, but Yenko did offer the Turbo as an aftermarket kit.
The high performance and limited production of all Yenko-modified cars makes them valuable and prized to collectors.

Courtesy Wikipedia...swaps are terrible and worthless lol
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 08:39 AM   #720
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi03 View Post
Courtesy Wikipedia...swaps are terrible and worthless lol
It's pretty much accepted that John DeLoreon invented the Muscle Car when he swapped a Pontiac 389 into a Lemans/Tempest.

This was the 60's equivalent of dropping a Lexus RC-F V8 into a GT86.