Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-27-2018, 05:08 PM   #331
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKURA View Post
Unsolicited advice but don't get married.
I tell my wife all the time if I were single I'd be dumping all my money into getting the cars I want before the prices go up...

...but at the same time having two incomes to pay for shit is super nice lol. It leaves more of my paycheck open to fund my hobby. She's just happy to ride along places and sightsee.
Old 12-27-2018, 06:53 PM   #332
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Juucso is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sometimes it feels funny sharing your shitbox to the world when people get annoyed that you spend your money on expensive quality products. I feel like the people are always comparing (example) either how much $$$$$ their custom wheels costed or how cheap their "just as good" steering wheel was. You are allowed to spend 10K on wheels, but not 600usd on a steering wheel.

Shit like that makes me so annoyed. Who cares how much one spends?
I bought all GKtech parts for my suspension and I'm a moron because of I spent shitloads of money on quality parts that I don't really need. Seems like the chinese 600$ arm set would have been better option for me. After all that, it's still wrong to get wheels that cost under 3.5K. This is what I do not understand. Can someone explain?

I'm, not old and grumpy. I'm young and stupid...
Old 12-27-2018, 07:22 PM   #333
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juucso View Post
Sometimes it feels funny sharing your shitbox to the world when people get annoyed that you spend your money on expensive quality products. I feel like the people are always comparing (example) either how much $$$$$ their custom wheels costed or how cheap their "just as good" steering wheel was. You are allowed to spend 10K on wheels, but not 600usd on a steering wheel.

I bought all GKtech parts for my suspension and I'm a moron because of I spent shitloads of money on quality parts that I don't really need. Seems like the chinese 600$ arm set would have been better option for me. After all that, it's still wrong to get wheels that cost under 3.5K. This is what I do not understand. Can someone explain?

...who the fuck has ever spent $10k on wheels?

I've never paid over $3.5k for wheels and I've got typical fuckboy wheels like TEs and LMs.

GKTech makes good products. Do you need over-engineered parts for your stance car? No.

It depends on what your goals are, I think. There are plenty of rich kids that build stance cars and have the whole catalog of *insert over-engineered arms maker* parts on a car that seldom gets driven. That, at least to me, is a waste of money.

Ikeya Formula is a good example. Do you want to know why they cost so much? It's because they pass JAPANESE inspection. Most aftermarket stuff isn't approved to pass and you need documents. Ikeya Formula has said documents...but why do people in other countries pay the mark up if it means nothing to them? Bragging points.

I guess my point is this: don't buy top-tier shit for areas you don't need top-tier shit in. Everyone can tell you're just a glory whore at that point.
Old 12-27-2018, 10:22 PM   #334
merlz
Zilvia Member

merlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post

Ikeya Formula is a good example. Do you want to know why they cost so much? It's because they pass JAPANESE inspection. Most aftermarket stuff isn't approved to pass and you need documents. Ikeya Formula has said documents...but why do people in other countries pay the mark up if it means nothing to them? Bragging points.
I have seen people pay that amount for custom wheels. I can't believe they do. But yes it happens. Look at the Avant Garde wheel brand. I've seen these wheels on Civics and 86's.

In regards to the Ikeya Formula comment. I wish i knew that 8+ years ago when i bought all my shit. I noticed there wasn't much difference visually compared to the generic arms. I got all my ikeya stuff coz i was a huge Koguchi fan boy. But to be fair i had put all that stuff to good use and i'm glad i had em because they've stood the test of time.
Old 12-28-2018, 08:04 AM   #335
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKURA View Post
Unsolicited advice but don't get married.
Dumb thing to say not knowing the situation.

Quote:

After all that, it's still wrong to get wheels that cost under 3.5K. This is what I do not understand. Can someone explain?

Dawg that's dumb.

I have 2.75 sets of wheels (I've been looking for a wheel to finish my third set for a year). COMBINED they cost less than $3500. All very desirable wheels (one set 17x9 TC005, one set 17x9 RGIII, one set 17x9.5 things that I want the world to forget exist until I find my fourth wheel)
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 08:10 AM   #336
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

I paid around 3.5k for my wheels. Custom size S1 3P meisters brand new. They’re not cheap, but sometimes I see people talking shit because some spent usenr 2k for one piece wheels. I don’t know what is wrong with it.

And what comes what you really need and what you don’t need is stupid thing to compare. If one wants top notch quality parts to replace old crusty ones, why is it wrong?
Old 12-28-2018, 08:15 AM   #337
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Quote:
I paid around 3.5k for my wheels. Custom size S1 3P meisters brand new. They’re not cheap, but sometimes I see people talking shit because some spent usenr 2k for one piece wheels. I don’t know what is wrong with it.

And what comes what you really need and what you don’t need is stupid thing to compare. If one wants top notch quality parts to replace old crusty ones, why is it wrong?
There's nothing wrong with wanting the best.

Just don't tell someone else they're stupid for not wasting money on things they don't need.

inb4 someone quotes me for calling knockoff wheels dumb. Knockoffs of all things are lame, support people who make cool things. Sincerely, guy who buys authentic furniture
Old 12-28-2018, 09:22 AM   #338
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:

I've never paid over $3.5k for wheels and I've got typical fuckboy wheels like TEs and LMs.

GKTech makes good products. Do you need over-engineered parts for your stance car? No.

I guess my point is this: don't buy top-tier shit for areas you don't need top-tier shit in. Everyone can tell you're just a glory whore at that point.

There are a lot of brands out there with some serious engineering behind them and a big ass markup too.
When I couldn’t find my advans, I found a company in Florida or Cali called adv.1 that has model 5 looking wheels.
8400 for a set of 4, no center caps.

I did not respond to that email lol.

I didn’t know about ikeya formula and their approved parts.

I ended up buying spl since I read good reviews. I probably won’t need them since I don’t plan on driving the car around too much. I personally just thought that if I crash my car due to some cheap crappy part(s) then I would hate myself for it. I put in a lot of work to save money and buy stuff, so to cheap out on such a small scale would end up costing me a lot.

I choose to have a higher factor of safety aka overkill my build. I know I can get away with using 2 gauge wire for a battery relocation. Imma be pissed if that causes me problems or a fire, so I went with 1/0 gauge with padding/insulation and extra fuses. My cost wasn’t under $50 like all those write ups.

Another thing is, if you ever went to sell your car the price would change drastically if you use top dollar well known parts vs the absolute bare minimum bottom of the barrel brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 04:01 PM   #339
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlz View Post

In regards to the Ikeya Formula comment. I wish i knew that 8+ years ago when i bought all my shit. I noticed there wasn't much difference visually compared to the generic arms. I got all my ikeya stuff coz i was a huge Koguchi fan boy. But to be fair i had put all that stuff to good use and i'm glad i had em because they've stood the test of time.
Yeah it's safe to say that a lot of us know what Ikeya Formula is because of Koguchi. I just don't see the point in buying them when Cusco is cheaper, has the same pedigree, and also comes with the inspection documents. The topic now is dudes who would still pay the mark up just to say 'top shelf'.

I wouldn't criticize anyone that bought them because Koguchi had the arms on his car...I get that. I understand the ideal they're chasing.

I'd totally talk shit on a car that was lacking in other areas but had said parts because they know Ikeya is a buzzword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
There's nothing wrong with wanting the best.

Just don't tell someone else they're stupid for not wasting money on things they don't need.

inb4 someone quotes me for calling knockoff wheels dumb. Knockoffs of all things are lame, support people who make cool things. Sincerely, guy who buys authentic furniture
Yeah you're totally right. It doesn't negate the fact that we can see through these people, though.

There's a guy on base with a suuuuuuper clean S13 Silvia. I got to talk to him when I first showed up and it was like a triggered a dialogue box from a video game. He just ran me down the list of top-tier parts he had. Again, super friendly guy, liked cars in his own way...but he's just a name brand hunter. There's no real 'soul' behind any of it. This is all my opinion, though.

Quote:

Maybe things are different where you live. Where I'm from, it's better to have some RPF1s (sub ~$1000) than any type of 'fake' wheel. People who base ANYTHING off cost involved alone are probably just twats like ya boi BSpliner or Hubeny.
Old 12-28-2018, 04:07 PM   #340
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
There are a lot of brands out there with some serious engineering behind them and a big ass markup too.
When I couldn’t find my advans, I found a company in Florida or Cali called adv.1 that has model 5 looking wheels.
8400 for a set of 4, no center caps.

I did not respond to that email lol.

I didn’t know about ikeya formula and their approved parts.

I ended up buying spl since I read good reviews. I probably won’t need them since I don’t plan on driving the car around too much. I personally just thought that if I crash my car due to some cheap crappy part(s) then I would hate myself for it. I put in a lot of work to save money and buy stuff, so to cheap out on such a small scale would end up costing me a lot.

I choose to have a higher factor of safety aka overkill my build. I know I can get away with using 2 gauge wire for a battery relocation. Imma be pissed if that causes me problems or a fire, so I went with 1/0 gauge with padding/insulation and extra fuses. My cost wasn’t under $50 like all those write ups.

Another thing is, if you ever went to sell your car the price would change drastically if you use top dollar well known parts vs the absolute bare minimum bottom of the barrel brand.

yeah but that's the marketing ploy: you're not going to 'crash your car' because you don't use SPL. A shop I use in my hometown made a good point when talking about SPL: why spend all that money on a street driven car? The arms would literally 'rip' off your car in an accident.

I've thought about it ever since, and I try to base my purchases off the degree to which my cars will be used. Cusco fits the bill for Japan. Battle Version fits the bill for the US.

The battery relocation thing makes more sense than the arms, in my opinion. Stuff like that should always be 'overdone' because shit like that would ruin your car (if done incorrectly) long before your RUCA would 'cause an accident'.

...yeah I don't know what the fuck is up with American companies that make forged wheels. Brada, HRE, ADV.1...does it really cost so much in the US that the prices have to be exponentially more than a set of BNIB, 'store-priced' Volks from your local vendor? I honestly don't know. If it's all mark-up that's pretty lame.
Old 12-28-2018, 04:27 PM   #341
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

It is all mark-up. US forged wheels aren't any stronger or lighter than Ray's
Old 12-28-2018, 05:06 PM   #342
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Maybe things are different where you live. Where I'm from, it's better to have some RPF1s (sub ~$1000) than any type of 'fake' wheel. People who base ANYTHING off cost involved alone are probably just twats like ya boi BSpliner or Hubeny.
Thank you!!

I can say it, I’m a brand whore, but the cost for the product doesn’t make a one. I just happen to like products that are good quality. What makes me cringe is that people buy shit, because they’re expensive, not because they might be top notch. PBM arms could have been more expensive and more ”brand” friendly name, but after doing some research and asking people they recommended GKtech. That’s what I went for.

In my opinion it’s not stupid to spend money on high quality parts, but it is stupid to spend the money to something that is expensive, but not better than some other brand.

When it comes to exterior and wheels it’s a different story tho. If you like the look of some 8k wheels and you have the money for them, why not? You can not get them anywhere else and that’s the price you need to pay to get them.

When I first saw the V2 Bunny kit, I fell in love with it. It really is not a ”distinguished” kit on the s-chassis community like BN and Spirit Rei seem to be. The kit costed what it costed, but I had to pay to get it. I did not want the V1 kit that would have been the same style, but less expensive.

Can anyone understand where I’m going with this?
Old 12-28-2018, 10:52 PM   #343
MiamiGrinch240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
MiamiGrinch240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
I have 2.75 sets of wheels (I've been looking for a wheel to finish my third set for a year). COMBINED they cost less than $3500. All very desirable wheels (one set 17x9 TC005, one set 17x9 RGIII, one set 17x9.5 things that I want the world to forget exist until I find my fourth wheel)
Hey, I’ll help you find your 4th wheel if you’re interested. I’m that random type of person who just enjoys the hunt even if it’s not for me. DM me color, specs, etc.
Old 12-29-2018, 02:37 PM   #344
borkfly

borkfly is on the path to ruinborkfly is on the path to ruinborkfly is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Ok, but you realize this is the exact type of thinking that perpetuates "modern" day gender debates. "This is how I feel, why doesn't anyone conform to MY standards??!?!?!??! ME ME ME ME" I always see you complaining about and mocking millennials, yet you host a millennial mentality, and are completely ignorant to it. WOW!

Who are you to tell someone how to spend their money?

The car scene is over saturated with people doing the same thing. Carbon copies of carbon copies. To have an expectation that everybody in the scene should be the same, or as equally shitty as you are, is boring as hell. Its human nature to be different from the rest, its what makes us humans. You are going to scold people for trying being different?

Exclusivity is expensive. Just because you can't afford to be different, doesn't mean other people can't either. Quit complaining, you sound like such a hypocrite talking about spending money un-necessarily, and "glory whores", but you yourself own an schassis. In no way, is owning an schassis a smart way to spend money, there are far better performing, cheaper cars out there.

Maybe take a second to think before you blurb off next time, what it means to you, and to others to be a car enthusiast. Not everyone has the same goal, visions, passion, interests, or income as you.
borkfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 04:41 PM   #345
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by borkfly View Post
Ok, but you realize this is the exact type of thinking that perpetuates "modern" day gender debates.

Quote:
This is how I feel, why doesn't anyone conform to MY standards??!?!?!??! ME ME ME ME" I always see you complaining about and mocking millennials, yet you host a millennial mentality, and are completely ignorant to it. WOW!

Who are you to tell someone how to spend their money?
The topic was brought up by Juusco. He asked for our (and by extension, MY MY MY) thoughts on the matter. I love how you took the one instance where I didn't clearly type out 'this is my opinion' but it's implied here. A question was put forth and we chimed in. That's why all of the functioning adults in this thread are having a discord free of 'triggering' some millennial fuckboy like you. Your first and only post just on this forum HAD to be in THIS thread where EVERYONE BUT YOU is discussing.

Quote:

The car scene is over saturated with people doing the same thing. Carbon copies of carbon copies. To have an expectation that everybody in the scene should be the same, or as equally shitty as you are, is boring as hell. Its human nature to be different from the rest, its what makes us humans. You are going to scold people for trying being different?
This sentence alone tells me everything I need to know about you.

No. I'm not going to 'scold' anyone. As stated even earlier, I unfollow them or I block them because I don't want to see it. Is this going to be a lesson in how I have to accept everyone? The same rhetoric that sates I need to be accepting never allows for me to disapprove. Where's my freedom of choice? Am I shitting on these guys in their IG comments? Nope. I'm unfollowing them.

Is that okay, mein fuhrer?

Quote:
Exclusivity is expensive. Just because you can't afford to be different, doesn't mean other people can't either. Quit complaining, you sound like such a hypocrite talking about spending money un-necessarily, and "glory whores", but you yourself own an schassis. In no way, is owning an schassis a smart way to spend money, there are far better performing, cheaper cars out there.
No it's not. It's being made expensive buy cucks that buy cheap and sell high. The standard 'you can't afford it' comment is another weapon commonly found in the arsenal of morons like you.

There's a HUGE difference between ability and willingness. It's part of self-control...but most kids living at home, parking in their parents' garage don't have to worry about much in terms of outgoing funds. As much as you might say this is coming from a place of jealousy I can assure you it's not. My point is, and always has been, that if you can't see these people for what they are (mostly culture vultures spending their disposable income on RARE VINTAGE NISMO BY SJERIN) then you deserve to be 'pimped'.

Quote:
Maybe take a second to think before you blurb off next time, what it means to you, and to others to be a car enthusiast. Not everyone has the same goal, visions, passion, interests, or income as you.
This is obvious, Mr. White Knight. I was having a civilized talk with Juusco who CLEARLY has a different idea of what it means to be an 'enthusiast' and he and i got along just fine.

Maybe YOU should think more about it before you come in here, try to paint me into a category that's easy to vilify, and attempt to take me down with some bullshit SJW logic that says that my freedom to state a negative opinion isn't equal to my freedom to state a positive opinion for being different.

Snowflake.
Old 12-29-2018, 05:19 PM   #346
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Here's the story.

I have a huge amount of respect for Dizzariot. I like his style and what matters the most to me, his attitude is what I like. He has a lot of good points and I like to discuss with him since he accepts the fact that we're different type of enthusiast. This gives me a opportunity to see a small peak how they see things. I'm 100% sure that Dizzariot does not like my S13, but I'm completely fine with it and still can be internet friends with him.

We can share opinions without shitting on each other and discuss about it. This is how I want to have conversations with people. I absolutely hate when somebodies don't accept you if you disagree on some things. This does not mean that I should just swallow everything that is being said to me or what I see. I still can have my opinion, but usually I try to keep it to myself or tell about it in a nice way. Expect we're talking about shitty JPfiberglass parts. <3

When talking about jealously, I do not see it much in here Zilvia. If someone calls your car shit, it does NOT mean that they're jealous. They just don't like it. I don't need to like it, you don't need either.
Old 12-29-2018, 05:50 PM   #347
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

lmao how was dizzariot jealous of anyone, he gave a totally fair opinion & juucso took it in a completely reasonable way. Love this dude managing to make this dude make himself look as big a dickhead as possible in his first ever post.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:29 AM   #348
borkfly

borkfly is on the path to ruinborkfly is on the path to ruinborkfly is on the path to ruin
Quote:
I love how you took the one instance where I didn't clearly type out 'this is my opinion' but it's implied here.
I can't bother picking apart every statement you make that is clearly propelled by envy, to me its a waste of time anyways, as you are one of these stubborn millennials that live in denial.

Quote:
No. I'm not going to 'scold' anyone.Is this going to be a lesson in how I have to accept everyone? The same rhetoric that sates I need to be accepting never allows for me to disapprove.
That's fine to have an opinion, yours is worth the same as mine, but to say somebody shouldn't spend their money on something they can afford is a bit silly, and well, closed minded. Do you go down to the pier and tell millionaires who spend 3 million on a yacht what they should be spending their money on instead? Do you also cry on Bugatti forums that you could build a much better performing, functional car for 1/8th the cost?

Quote:
There's a HUGE difference between ability and willingness. It's part of self-control...but most kids living at home, parking in their parents' garage don't have to worry about much in terms of outgoing funds.
I'm not sure you know or understand, or ever will understand the difference between having the money to buy something and being able to afford something. If you have to make a choice between a performance and an aesthetic upgrade, and complain about the price, then you are in the can't afford it boat dude.

Just because I have $1000 in my bank account doesn't mean I'm gonna go buy a $500 oil cap... Why? Because I CAN'T afford it.

Quote:
Maybe YOU should think more about it before you come in here, try to paint me into a category that's easy to vilify, and attempt to take me down with some bullshit SJW logic that says that my freedom to state a negative opinion isn't equal to my freedom to state a positive opinion for being different.
Its funny you label me an sjw, when you are reacting in exactly the same way every sjw reacts when they encounter Steven Crowder. Displaying a lack of critical thinking skills, and logic to come up with a valid reply or an answer to something, and are too proud to admit they may be in the wrong. Natural defense mechanism, resort to being offended, backpedaling, and going the ad hominem response route.

That being said, I'm not interested in your reply, and will not reply any more, but feel free to entertain the forums, and demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect.
borkfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 12:11 PM   #349
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I still think someone here should get in a damn fight. Enough talk, more action!
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 05:11 PM   #350
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:

I can't bother picking apart every statement you make that is clearly propelled by envy, to me its a waste of time anyways, as you are one of these stubborn millennials that live in denial.
That's like, your opinion, man. I'm only jealous of Nigel from ETS and Emily Blunt's husband.

Quote:
That's fine to have an opinion, yours is worth the same as mine, but to say somebody shouldn't spend their money on something they can afford is a bit silly, and well, closed minded. Do you go down to the pier and tell millionaires who spend 3 million on a yacht what they should be spending their money on instead? Do you also cry on Bugatti forums that you could build a much better performing, functional car for 1/8th the cost?
"It's fine for you to have an opinion, but here's why it's wrong for you to have said opinion."

...and no, I don't go down any piers to talk to any millionaires about any yachts. I go to the car forum aimed directly at owners of said cars where we discuss said cars at length. Fuck me, right?

Quote:

I'm not sure you know or understand, or ever will understand the difference between having the money to buy something and being able to afford something. If you have to make a choice between a performance and an aesthetic upgrade, and complain about the price, then you are in the can't afford it boat dude.

Just because I have $1000 in my bank account doesn't mean I'm gonna go buy a $500 oil cap... Why? Because I CAN'T afford it.
No, I'm in the 'I'd-love-a-set-of-Silvia-light-up-louvers-but-paying-someone's-mark-up-when-I-have-screenshot'd-proof-of-the-price-paid-on-YAJ-because-I'm-not-a-moron' boat, pal.

Quote:
Ref.1 Its funny you label me an sjw, when you are reacting in exactly the same way every sjw reacts when they encounter Steven Crowder. Displaying a lack of critical thinking skills, and logic to come up with a valid reply or an answer to something, and are too proud to admit they may be in the wrong. Natural defense mechanism, resort to being offended, backpedaling, and going the ad hominem response route.
I love Crowder.

More forcing me into a role that's easy to dismiss.

Do you have any other parlor tricks? How can we be wrong in here when we're talking about OPINIONS. Lack of critical thinking? I fully dissected your comment and constructed a response. Backpedaling? How? Where?

This is how I KNOW you're an SJW. You keep telling me I'm wrong for sharing my opinions on a forum FULL of shared opinions and, more specifically, a thread where we had been sharing our opinions without issue.

Quote:
That being said, I'm not interested in your reply, and will not reply any more, but feel free to entertain the forums, and demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect.
OF COURSE you're not. You already dismissed me (see Ref.1) and made a bunch of claims that aren't true so you can look like you 'got me'.

S

J

W

Dunning-Kruger effect: Hey I Google'd that. The term 'cognitive bias' is used. More SJW rhetoric...and that definition applies to you. You're painting me as a troglodyte (WHOA, BIG WORD, EVERYONE) so you can seem superior when you're clearly not on the upper tier of learn-ed doctors. Stop projecting.

Pls virtue signal in the DIW thread...or did you think you'd have an easier time singling me out?

If you'd like to get this thread back on track, you can totally respond. I know you'll read this anyway. Your response wouldn't have been that long if really didn't care.

Juucso - sorry man you're wrong about us ignoring our differences and having a discussion. Looks like you and I should never put forth conflicting opinions in a reasonable manner ever again. *sarcasm
Old 12-30-2018, 08:05 PM   #351
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
fuck juucso.
Old 12-31-2018, 05:49 AM   #352
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I really think "just because you can, doesn't always mean you should, or have too" is really a better wording of what dizza is trying to say. Some people appreciate braggers rights / brand whoring. Some don't.

Happy new years, cunts.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 12:11 PM   #353
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
fuck juucso.
I’m waiting for you!
Old 12-31-2018, 05:08 PM   #354
Memberofthe600hpkaclub
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
Memberofthe600hpkaclub is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Interesting thread
Memberofthe600hpkaclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 05:16 PM   #355
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
fuck juucso.
Quote:
I’m waiting for you!
THiS iS ThE KiNd oF CaNcEr RUiNiNg tHe CaR ComMuNitY ! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
I really think "just because you can, doesn't always mean you should, or have too" is really a better wording of what dizza is trying to say. Some people appreciate braggers rights / brand whoring. Some don't.

Happy new years, cunts.
Yeah that's a simplified version. I'd take it once step further and note that everyone can tell when you're the brand whoring guy and not the normal guy buying top-tier for a desired area of their car.

Happy New Year, Grumpy Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memberofthe600hpkaclub View Post
Interesting thread
Yeah it started weird but it's be going well. Feel free to chime in.
Old 12-31-2018, 05:59 PM   #356
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
DJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJDANGER24 Send a message via MSN to DJDANGER24 Send a message via Yahoo to DJDANGER24
Here's an idea. Get off social media, build the car you want and stfu.

New year, new me!
Old 12-31-2018, 07:02 PM   #357
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Everyone have a grumpy new year! ya assholes!
Old 01-01-2019, 04:28 AM   #358
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
No clue what this thread is actually about but after owning my 240sx for almost two decades, maybe 2019 will be the year I finally get rid of it.

It took years for me to afford and procure the parts I dreamed about having. I was obsessed with gaining knowledge on the S chassis and became an expert. Little by little I built the car I dreamed about. Now, finally the car is at a place where all it needs is a paint job. I still love the car no less, but it has primarily become a source of stress for me instead of joy since I moved to Europe a year and a half ago. The car is currently sitting in storage which I pay monthly for and it's not being used. Bringing it to Europe is not really an option since it would cost a fortune to register here being that it doesn't meet emissions standards. I know that I won't get the money back that I put in the car over the years... I believe the market for 240sx will mature in a few years just like the S30 cars have. I sold my 1976 280z for a pittance in 2006, and always feel regret when I think about it. With my 240sx, I told myself I wouldn't be that old guy saying "I drove that car to highschool and I never should have sold it", but maybe the time has come to pass it on to someone else. Just the musings of another grumpy old asshole on Zilvia.

Old 01-01-2019, 07:51 AM   #359
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
By the time you filter out the "What I want" VS "What someone will pay"

Keep it. At this point with the way the s-chassis community is, I'd rather let my car be a barn find in X amount of years than sell it, unless of course it was some ungodly amount of money.

You all talked shit to JIMBO about crushing that shell in his build thread. Worst come to worst, I'd probably part my car out to a shell and cut it in half, just so it wasn't someone elses.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 10:52 AM   #360
lonewanderer
Zilvia Member

lonewanderer is making a name for him/her selflonewanderer is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
No clue what this thread is actually about but after owning my 240sx for almost two decades, maybe 2019 will be the year I finally get rid of it.

It took years for me to afford and procure the parts I dreamed about having. I was obsessed with gaining knowledge on the S chassis and became an expert. Little by little I built the car I dreamed about. Now, finally the car is at a place where all it needs is a paint job. I still love the car no less, but it has primarily become a source of stress for me instead of joy since I moved to Europe a year and a half ago. The car is currently sitting in storage which I pay monthly for and it's not being used. Bringing it to Europe is not really an option since it would cost a fortune to register here being that it doesn't meet emissions standards. I know that I won't get the money back that I put in the car over the years... I believe the market for 240sx will mature in a few years just like the S30 cars have. I sold my 1976 280z for a pittance in 2006, and always feel regret when I think about it. With my 240sx, I told myself I wouldn't be that old guy saying "I drove that car to highschool and I never should have sold it", but maybe the time has come to pass it on to someone else. Just the musings of another grumpy old asshole on Zilvia.

just import it to europe.. My dad imported a USDM 84 toyota celica supra to Portugal in the late 80's and still drives it when he's there. Passes inspection every time and emissions is not an issue because its considered a "compact" car. The 240sx or the 200sx as its branded there is all over Europe where its also considered a compact. They only drive compact cars there as thats whats popular. Saying that you don't want to import it is just laziness and stupidity at its finest, since they are all over the place there.
lonewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote