Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
Teigen
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Teigen is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Turbocharged BTCC SR20 - 1000bhp

the build thread of my slow going silvia.
Spent a lot of money to get real gt300 parts, these are hyper rare as there was only made 3 cars and most of the patrts are trashed trough small crashes etc.

build started out as sleeper but now is a fully racebred timeattack car
1000hp, sequential gearbox, 380mm brakes, gt300 real bodykit parts, magnesium rims, btcc engine ++

Have fun reading trough the shit

*** CURRENT STATUS IMAGE ***

ENGINE SPEC LIST

Cylinder Head

P10 Primera BTCC Head
Supertech Dual Valve Spring
Supertech Titanium Retainers, SR20
Supertech Nitrit Titanium Valves BTCC size
Custom designed to this engine after flowtesting, manufactured by order from KM cams
CNC Adjustable Cam Gears
Mazworx 1/2" Head Stud Kit w/ Dowels
Mazworx SR20DET Headgasket, 90mm Bore and 1/2" Studs
Ported out oil ports for better oilflow
NISSAN CNC'd combustion chamber, later CNC'd by me for 90mm with low squish

Block

S15 RWD turbo Block
Darton Sleeves inserted, bore 90MM
Oil supply: DrySump system
1/2" main studs mazworx
4 Custom made on order CP Pistons (set of 4) -- 90mm 9.5:1 (Gasported)
Custom Connecting Rods, SR20 Crower
Wiseco 90 mm Billet Crankshaft
Rod Bearing 19,5mm Special made
ATI Super Damper
Waterpump - Dual Electric Meziere drag race waterpump
Selfmade drysump oilpan
Ported oil ports to match cylinderhead
Bore & Hone w/ Torque Plate -- 90MM
Resize Line Bore
Resurface Block & Oil Pump
Oil Groove Machining, SR20
19mm Rod Bearing Machining

Engine Misc

Mazworx Hallsensor Kit
Custom oil catch tank with -an16 fittings
Sand blasted alternator +powder coated alternator bracket
Lamborghini Black Whrinkle paint Valve Cover
NO OILCAP
Rocker Studs, Rocker Washers, Stainless Dome Nuts

INDUCTION

Exhaust side

TO BE ORDERED - Custom Borg Warner turbo
Dual 40mm Turbosmart Comp gates
Custom 4 inch aluminium intake pipe
Custom braided turbo oil/water lines
MLS 4 layer metal exhaust gasket
No turbo flange gasket

Cold side

Custom WRC Plenum
Customised Internal Throttle Bodies (ITBs) (4 x 46,5mm)
Custom aluminium cold pipe
-An fittings for IM
wiggins clamp

FUELLING

4x Injector Dynamics 2200cc Injectors
4x Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors
Stock fuel tank (for lowest weight point)
Walbro 255 Inline lift pump
Triple Bosch 044 external pumps
5ltr surge tank
2 inline -an 10 AEM fuel filters
Nylon braided lines with AN fitting whole fuel system
Braided lines feed -an 10 return -an 8
CNC dual fuel rail
Aeromotive FPR

DRIVETRAIN

Prototype Hoolinger/Quaif/grex sequential gear (6 gear)
Triple plate carbon clutchF1 custom flywheel
Braided clutch line
Carbon tail shaft
Carbonetics Carbon LSD 1,5 way
Custom Engine and Trans mounts

Code:
THE STORY: 

First I can write a few details about myself
 My home country is Norway, which somehow happens to be a place where JDM parts are not floating around and something one stumbles across every now and then :sadwavey:

My car is a 95 s14, bought it about half a year ago, during spring time here.
 The car had BOTH nats 1 and 2 installed, as well as 3 GM market aftermarket security boxes. car was DEAD... totally
 Car was built in sweden for previous owner as a drag car with 5-600 whp after what i've heard with some piggyback shit system, thats about the specs I know about the car. 
Here is a couple images from the previous owner, as it was before mounting the Skyline rear wing

When I finally saved up the remaining money (No, Silvias aren't thrown at you around up here, and pretty rare) and took a tralley and picked it up it it had a sr20det blacktop swap with 112000 on it, not modified at all, except t28BB turbo which is standard in Japan
 tried making it ignite for weeks but got tired of it. 

took some tools and started removing OEM ecu and every wiring which was not made by Nissan. Resulting in having only blinkers relay and wiring for the front wipers left, of all the wires going to the engine bay :bowrofl:

As I am having experience with Autronic standalone systems I decided to get one for my SX as well, still in thinking of having a pretty non modded s14 with just a litte more boost than regular....( I bet you all is aware of the trap (wont tune it a lot)

Time flies and plans change, bought a pretty good top mount mani, JUN intake, 740cc JECS injectors, pretty cheap China turbo with 84 ar exhaust and 70 ar compressor housing. + some other small stuff

plan was maxing the engine @ original parts inside both cylinder head and block, except some Brian C stage 3 cams ( got them for free with the intake so why not.  After a couple weeks working with it, mounting stuff and such things began getting ready for startup, with having barely 2 months left before season was totally over for the 2012 in Norway. 
Trying to make it to the last of the Norwegian Gatebil series, one weekend of racing and girls, just the startup itself was missing.

Fitted with Autronic and walbro 255 inline pump things were about to be ready for my m8s dynapack. 

Then some sad stuff happened, cranking it around a few rounds and it stopped. Removing a plug and E85 floated out of the plughole! Actually all 4 cylinders, Intake mani, Exhaust mani, FMIC and a bit of the exhaust was filled with E85. Something had happened to the injectors and fuelrail and the pump literally did its job, pumping a lot of fuel!

Being a bit sad and down, I cranked it empty in order do try saving my new Agip racing oil from being waste but I was already too late. the next day my mates went off to the track and there was nothing I could do. Was almost broke anyway so guess I saved money On not going to a racetrack and get more inspired to spend more money on my car hehe

Engine out!

Starting to take apart the head

Head off

Most cylinders looked good but 1 piston had a few markings onto it

Bottom demount

and now, putting apart a little of it as this block goes to Cylmo for having Darton sleeves installed and later being a "showoff" on thei stand on norways largest motor show
 Bye bye srblock!
Will welcome it back soon, as a SR22 block with sleeves inserted :) So that story is not over for now.

Here is me looking like an idiot next to it @ the show

The past months I've come across a rare sr engine, Will throw up a picture of it. Some of you probably recognizes it?

Can tell a few of the specs which if done to the engine after its original primera usage

Darton sleeves, bored to 90mm
Mazworx 1/2 cylinder head bolts
The cylinderhead floeated pretty good as a N/A, but was sent to DTE racing in Sweden for more modifications. (This guy " Dr. Ernie" made the cylinder head and cams etc for Hotwok cherry, as well as Madtech s14. both cars made more than 900 whp)
From his measurements and work Kelford Cams made the cams and basicly everything in the cylinder head is made to fit eachother and my Garret GT4094r, I got both 95 ar exhaust and 85 ar exhaust for it.
The btcc head
http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w435/Mats_Teigen/IMG_3868.jpg[/IMG]
Dry sump is removed, as it might would not fit. Got a custom oilpan made, as the Greddy oilpan isn't good enough with aggressive grip driving
Gearbox is a new Tremec TKO600 with Libery Gears parts, converted to Dogbox, as well as longer splines on the shaft in the bellhouse so that the 2-plate tilton will require some grip.

Making it fit wasnt that hard in the end, with a Custom made exhaust manifold from Greddy things began looking good. I have all the time been sure about having my engine mounted in level, also the bellhousing on the gearbox is welded for that. On the image below you can see that it might doesnt get that bad anyway even with OEM engine mounts. The shifter would tilt a bit towards me but maybe it only is a good thing having it closer

First try

Emptied bay again. And no worries, Will be totally sexy when done, with new cool things and some nice paint

Inside the car I am working to make the OMP seats fit, would love to thev a slider underneath them but We'll see. All wires you can see in the image is removed and things are getting sexy in there now
Another problem I met with having this engine mounted is the FWD CAS, which would hit my firewall. This problem is fixed without cutting my dear Silvia, getting an SR20VE cas, which would fit the head and also is not thicker than an OEM rwd cas.

Beautiful little Silvia next to my mates old Opel. After 4 Opel CIH engines hazards, he decided to build and Volvo 8v turbo... (I dislike volvo hehe)

The Turbo I have decided to use on the right, GT4094R, I have both 85 a/r and 95 a/r exhaust to try out. Here is some cylinder head bolts, guess which of them I got installed

Last thing I have started with is lowering the whole rear setup

Will be fitted with everything that can be exchanged and will work good with grip driving. Was an easy job, took me about 1,1/2 - 2 hours as I have never done this to a s14 before,

Will update this post daily with images and info about whats been done

Cheers
Teigen

Last edited by Teigen; 04-06-2014 at 07:31 AM.. Reason: updated spec list
Teigen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links