Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-08-2007, 02:45 PM   #121
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by svensko View Post
Yuri, since you can find a sports coupe for 20-25K now a day, please, tell me the exact dealership I can go to and find this miracle car.:
YOU CAN'T!! THE POINT OF THIS THREAD IS THAT WE ARE SPECULATING BASED ON WHAT THE MANUFACTURERS HAVE SAID LATELY!!!!!

Do you understand yet? It's plain and simple.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:59 PM   #122
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Yuri, since you can find a sports coupe for 20-25K now a day, please, tell me the exact dealership I can go to and find this miracle car. I joined this forum because I do, in fact, own a S14. It's an amazingly fun car to drive, even with the high miles it has. Then again, I got it for really cheap, and wasn't expecting that much out of it. Trust me, after graduation, I'm moving up . As far as the cage comment, please go look at general and see how many doriftu tunahs togue champions have them. A lot. Also, have you never seen a Miata on the open road with the top down and a cage installed? Do you live under a rock?

As far as a point to prove, I really don't have one. The car market you are all talking about doesn't exist, and probably won't. FWDs get better MPG than RWDs and with the price of gas right now, car manufactures know that consumers want fuel efficient cars. Hell, some manufacturers are even having trouble meeting the EPA requirements. You honestly think they're going to turn a car from FWD to RWD to make 3000 (isn't that how many signatures your online petition for a new 240SX had earlier in the thread? ) enthusiasts happy to lose God knows how many sales to people that go for a FWD car with better MPG instead? The tunah market is a very small small market. And let's be honest, who here has 15K to throw at a 100 HP coupe anyways?
Svensko, you are turning what was a civil discussion into an argument, based solely on your need to try and prove a point that matters not to the conversation as a whole.
For that, you are stupid
For that, you will notice that one of those red squares you got saw you go 91 MORE points into the hole... That was me that did that.
Knock it off, and I am not asking.
If you have a point that matters to make, then make it, but if you're just going to throw around smilies and lame insults, then don't expect to be around very long

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:00 PM   #123
CKAMC
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I hope they drop the whole qr line and throw in a mr motor into it instead.

thank god these are just concept pictures, I wouldn't mind seeing a azeal concept for the hatch people and something mixed with it and the urge for a coupe.

22~25k for a light weight rwd hardtop 4cyc...hell TURBO is fairly reasonable. 4 cyc cars are good for people who enjoy handling, overall cheaper parts (engine wise since there are not 6 cyc or 8 to design parts for, which create a higher costs of product thanks to material). thus is why we like ENTRY level cars to be setup like this.

C6, 350z, s2k have a completely different market to attend to.

svensko: graduate school first before you continue talking.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:05 PM   #124
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKAMC View Post

thank god these are just concept pictures, I wouldn't mind seeing a azeal concept for the hatch people and something mixed with it and the urge for a coupe.

Again, that is not a 240 concept pictured. It's a concept called the Urge. It's over 2 years old. What they are saying is going to be the new 240 will only be borrowing some styling cues from the Urge.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see something from both Nissan and Mazda at next years NAIAS since they debuted both the Urge and Kabura concepts there.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:10 PM   #125
sweet89s13
Zilvia Member

sweet89s13 has a spectacular aura aboutsweet89s13 has a spectacular aura aboutsweet89s13 has a spectacular aura aboutsweet89s13 has a spectacular aura aboutsweet89s13 has a spectacular aura aboutsweet89s13 has a spectacular aura about
Id reallybe interested in a finalized verson of the urge, we all know how the concepts come out versus the real deal. Im still kind of bummed that the altima coupe was fwd. That would have been a great budget rwd sports coupe. but who am i kidding, that car was to contend with the soltice, camry, accord, and G6 coupes. I still have faith in my nissans.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:11 PM   #126
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet89s13 View Post
Id reallybe interested in a finalized verson of the urge, we all know how the concepts come out versus the real deal. Im still kind of bummed that the altima coupe was fwd. That would have been a great budget rwd sports coupe. but who am i kidding, that car was to contend with the soltice, camry, accord, and G6 coupes. I still have faith in my nissans.
You are right on all those except the Solstice. Different class all together.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:19 PM   #127
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
yeah i know its urge concept pics...but i still like the azeal concept more even tho it was fwd and looks like a vw it still looked dam good for a concept.

watch and see.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:28 PM   #128
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
I think the Azeal concept should have spawned a Sentra SE-R coupe with the MR20DET motor that is currently being used in the Renault Megane Sport.

I'd love to see Nissan make a car simliar to the Solstice in the Transformers movie or the last gen MX-5 coupe (that only sold in Japan).
Old 06-09-2007, 02:19 AM   #129
civilized_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

civilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to civilized_drifter
i saw the urge last year at the detriot auto show, i have pics of it on my other computer. i really didnt like it that much
civilized_drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:42 PM   #130
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

PROOF! NISSAN IS TESTING A MULE AT THE RING!!!!!!

Out of all the BS rumors since forever this is the biggest evidence we have yet that Nissan is indeed making a 240 successor!

http://news.windingroad.com/body-sty...le-sports-car/
Old 06-12-2007, 02:17 PM   #131
89dc240
Zilvia Junkie

89dc240 will become famous soon enough89dc240 will become famous soon enough89dc240 will become famous soon enough89dc240 will become famous soon enough89dc240 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
PROOF! NISSAN IS TESTING A MULE AT THE RING!!!!!!

Out of all the BS rumors since forever this is the biggest evidence we have yet that Nissan is indeed making a 240 successor!

http://news.windingroad.com/body-sty...le-sports-car/
Ahhhhh F-ING firewall at work!!! What does it look like? please post a pic.
89dc240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:29 PM   #132
woodchuck
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
woodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89dc240 View Post
Ahhhhh F-ING firewall at work!!! What does it look like? please post a pic.
WOW! it looks like a baby 350z. well that's how they're keeping it on the DL. this gives us all hope for a new 240 successor .
woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:37 PM   #133
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Just some FYI, Nissan said the Urge concept was built on a shortened Z platform. So the fact that this is how they choose to test it ties in with everything I've read so far.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:15 PM   #134
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
I haven't checked this thread in a couple of days, so I missed the previous argument, but I'll answer some of the questions brought up.

First off, the cost of technology. New technology is always expensive, but the price drops over time. When the 240 came out, it had just as much new technology, we just think of it as old tech now. Remember when cars in the 80's had EFI badges on them? It was new and exciting for a car to be fuel injected, now it's old hat. Not only that, but the technology required for new cars applies to all new cars, so the cost of development is carried by the entire product line. It would be different if new emission requirements only applied to 2-door RWD cars.

Second, why would a car company spend just as much money developing a cheap car instead of an expensive one? Gee, why are there any cars under $30k. Someone should tell all the car makers they are wasting their time and money. Lower priced cars sell in higher quantities. And car makers make money on them. Another factor is brand loyalty. Do you know why Toyota came out with the Scion brand? They noticed that the average age of it's buyers was quickly rising. Young buyers were not interested in Toyota, and if went out and bought another brand that they end up liking, they are more likely to buy from that brand again, losing Toyota future sales as well. They didn't want to go the way of Lincoln.

As for the cage comment, yes, I see lots of cages in 20 year old cars, I don't see too many in brand new cars.

Back to today: That test mule has me excited. Fingers crossed that it's a successor to the s-chassis and looks nothing like the Urge.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:18 PM   #135
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

Kn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Kn1ves
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm happy
Old 06-12-2007, 11:07 PM   #136
Unholy S14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (-3)
Unholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: -3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Unholy S14
http://news.windingroad.com/body-sty...ble-sports-car

Quote:
Just days after word came that Nissan is working on a small coupe, a mysterious prototype has been spotted in and around the automaker’s facilities at the Nürburgring in Germany.
While the body of the prototype above screams 350Z, look closely, and substantial alterations seem to support the notion that this is not a next-generation Zed car, but rather a new, smaller model, potentially with some cues lifted from its Urge concept of a couple years back.
Check out the awkward roofline, which looks like it has been chopped to accommodate a clipped wheelbase. Our spies at KGP report that there are riveted sections in the mule’s roof, which lend a degree of credence to this assertion. Click on the high-resolution gallery, and it looks as if the doors may have had some work done to them as well (note the vertical tape lines).
Given that engineers appear to be using a Porsche Cayman as a comparison benchmark, it’s either the case that this remains a new, smaller 350Z (the two models are Nissan’s closest natural competitors), or that the company is setting a seriously high bar for its budget performance car. We can only hope that their choice of a Boxster companion will mean that the new car will be rear-drive as well.

Old 06-13-2007, 12:25 AM   #137
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
WILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WILDACEX187
omg this is awesome news. gj guys!!!
Old 06-13-2007, 08:14 PM   #138
bamaboy
Zilvia FREAK!

bamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfectionbamaboy is close to perfection
sorry but I would say that this is definitely a Z car and not a s-chassis successor

Quote:
Right now you are my biggest fan. You are to me what a sex tape is to Paris Hilton, not the best publicity in the world, but at least I'm on people's mind and it has something to do with a pussy!!! HAAHAAAAAAA
bamaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:37 PM   #139
Unholy S14
Nissanaholic!

Unholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfection
ever heard of a thing called " test mule " ?
Old 06-13-2007, 08:54 PM   #140
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
I was at mitsuwa reading Japanese car mags and a few of them had renderings of that smaller 350z look-a-like so it definitely seems like something is in the works. There were also pictures of an updated 350z.

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:57 PM   #141
nissan240syan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
nissan240syan can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
People say nissan wouldnt build a car to be competing with the Z but mazda did it with the miata and RX8 and it seems like to "to each his own"
nissan240syan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:01 PM   #142
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
People, it's a test mule.

Test mule: the existing chassis of a current car, used to test out a future vehicle

Just like how Nissan used a G35 test mule to test out the new GT-R.
ALTRNTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 05:47 AM   #143
Unholy S14
Nissanaholic!

or how Honda used a s2k body for the new NSX
Old 06-14-2007, 11:08 AM   #144
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
Or how Chrysler used a Jeep Wrangler monstrosity to test out the Prowler.
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:11 AM   #145
Unholy S14
Nissanaholic!

hahahahah thats so gay looking
Old 06-14-2007, 11:16 AM   #146
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
For those who don't realize what test mules are, they are just cars used to test systems before production.

Early ones generally use modified chassis from existing models, hence the reason you see a shortened 350Z.
In comparison, here's an early test mule for the Jaguar XK, using a shortened sedan chassis.

Here's another XK mule, farther towards production. It has the production body covered up by camoflage. Expect to see the new nissan in this stage in a little while as production gets closer.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:20 AM   #147
chaS13hatch

chaS13hatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
You guys say that the RWD market consists of the RX8 and 350z. You're all retarded. I'm guessing you guys didn't include the Corvette becaues it's American? OH GOD! A V8! Run for your lives! . I'm guessing you didn't include the S2000 because every Honda owner is a ricer. I'm guessing you didn't include the IS 250 manual because it lacks a reasonable after market. What about the BMW 335? Inline 6 TT, I'm surprised you RB nerds aren't precumming yourselves over that. I'm guessing the Mazda MX-5 Hardtop wasn't included because of the stereotype, which isn't much better than the JDM TYTE stereotype of 240SX owners.

I don't get you guys sometimes.
Umm... have you read this thread? AFFORDABLE rwd COUPES.
and also, The TT is a VR6 not an I-6... research, it's the only way youll learn

1993 S13 Coupe SR20DET
chaS13hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:20 AM   #148
Dirty Habit
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
Dirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan240syan View Post
People say nissan wouldnt build a car to be competing with the Z but mazda did it with the miata and RX8 and it seems like to "to each his own"
You cannot compare the miata and the rx8 even remotely. The miata has almost no competitor in the sporty roadster class. The cars are also made to appeal to two very different groups. The rx8 was made to compete with the z not its own brand, the miata...just like the rx-7 was for the datsun's s30's..
Dirty Habit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:40 AM   #149
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaS13hatch View Post
Umm... have you read this thread? AFFORDABLE rwd COUPES.
and also, The TT is a VR6 not an I-6... research, it's the only way youll learn
Please. This arguement has already ended.
And he wasn't talking about the Audi TT. He was referring to the BMW 3series with its Twin Turbo inline 6.

Let's not start this with Svensko all over again.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:43 PM   #150
nlzmo400r
Zilvia FREAK!

nlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to nlzmo400r
holy fuck if nissan makes a baby Z i'll fuggin buy one so quickly it'll give me a hernia (sp?)

[email protected] - gt32 .6bar
nlzmo400r is offline   Reply With Quote