Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: Do you actually drift in the hills alogn narrow roads?
Yes, I have skills and a set of brass ones. 46 21.10%
No, I don't trust my skills. 74 33.94%
Only on sections where there is margin for error. 98 44.95%
Voters: 218. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 09:24 PM   #1
Drift101
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Drift101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
DO you HONESTLY drift......

Be painfully honest about this. When you go to the hills or mountains, where the paths are narrow and such, do you HONESTLY drift around every turn you get the chance to perform it?

I don't, I may be insane, but I aint that crazy. At least not right now......

Also when you say you DO drift, are you actually "drifting" or just burning rubber?? (i.e. you are actually COUNTER-steering around the corners)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2004, 10:14 PM   #2
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
no...and its that I don't trust my skills...I just haven't tired yet...nor am I interested to.
Old 04-02-2004, 10:48 PM   #3
ootranceformeroo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
ootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to beholdootranceformeroo is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ootranceformeroo
Does drifting on the track count???

I dont do it on moutains.....dont have the balls yet!
Drift Unit
Old 04-03-2004, 12:40 AM   #4
mistaanime
Nissanaholic!

mistaanime is making a name for him/her selfmistaanime is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to mistaanime
well...neighborhoods..lol...not moutains yet..no money for the track either...juss
Old 04-03-2004, 01:52 AM   #5
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

TheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to all
I think most people are countersteering since smoking tires in 2nd+ gear would take some nice numbers. I drift, I do about every thing crazy, I am a crazy baboon behind the wheel. I actualy am thinking the 200/240/silvia is going byby for a nice ducati. I just dont give a crap about playing with death. Of coarse I dont endanger others or passenger, but I just dont think about my life when I go 120 in a 25. It is getting boring, I like the feeling you get when you know your in some shit and have to devise a plan quick. That is why I want a bike. 150mph in a car is a dangerous as going 50mph on a bike. So think about the exciment of going 100mph on back roads on a bike, one false move, or some shit in the road and its over. I would rather have people thinking I died in a wreck rather then a suicide. but keep that on the dL. But answering your question, yes I drift , I take my right turns turning left.
Old 04-03-2004, 03:19 AM   #6
nightwalker
Nissanaholic!

nightwalker is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm an internet drifter, I slide my mouse between narrow websites, while making screeching tires noises!
Old 04-03-2004, 11:21 AM   #7
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

TheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to all
Quote:
I'm an internet drifter, I slide my mouse between narrow websites, while making screeching tires noises!

HAHAHAHA ! !
Old 04-03-2004, 11:24 AM   #8
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

I do the samething when ever I'm controling grocery kart.
Old 05-16-2004, 06:18 PM   #9
The ROMAN
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
The ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to beholdThe ROMAN is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I drift through a few turns that have a nice margin for error, through parking lots, and I go to the track at least once a month. Give it time and I'll be there.
Old 05-16-2004, 08:10 PM   #10
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Yah i do.. freaking open diff is not too safe for narrow places tho.. but I manage
Old 05-17-2004, 01:08 AM   #11
Shin_Kudo
Zilvia Addict

Shin_Kudo is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not going to start drifting on the touge or anywhere else until I have a couple track days worth of practice.
Old 05-18-2004, 12:56 AM   #12
Ricer240sx
Zilvia Addict

Ricer240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Ricer240sx Send a message via MSN to Ricer240sx Send a message via Yahoo to Ricer240sx
well, right now i only power slide to get used to the ass being out, but i am searching for a parking lok and some unattended cones so i can learn to drift for real!!
Old 05-18-2004, 01:30 AM   #13
sticky240
Zilvia Junkie

sticky240 is an unknown quantity at this point
well honstly i dont. I mean were I work at night (graveyard, 3rd shift) there are alot of wide straight roads with nice turns to practice. plus their empty at like 2:00 in the morning so if I feel inclined to i'll go out and see if I could pull a drift off.

I've done about 2 or 3 drifts around a couple of the turns. The thing thats stopping me from just going out and really trying is cause i don't wna tto break something and have to walk back to work or call a tow truck or somthing (since im alone out here). If i had more friends to come with me I would be more confident to do something.

Oh well, i guess im a poser lol
Old 05-26-2004, 04:42 PM   #14
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
I driftwell

Old 05-26-2004, 10:04 PM   #15
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
Uhh yea, not in residential or intersections tho. Its all about 3rd and 4th gear drifts baby. Yea!!!
Old 05-26-2004, 11:53 PM   #16
s13DrOop
Zilvia Member

s13DrOop is close to perfections13DrOop is close to perfections13DrOop is close to perfections13DrOop is close to perfections13DrOop is close to perfections13DrOop is close to perfections13DrOop is close to perfections13DrOop is close to perfections13DrOop is close to perfections13DrOop is close to perfections13DrOop is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to s13DrOop
haha i take turns around my neighborhood!! sooooon i will be taking the track..maybe the mountain? too bad i crashed in palomares off niles cayon..SHHH
Old 05-27-2004, 12:36 AM   #17
steve shadows
Post Whore!

steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13DrOop
haha i take turns around my neighborhood!! sooooon i will be taking the track..maybe the mountain? too bad i crashed in palomares off niles cayon..SHHH
pb[pv[o yeah
Old 05-28-2004, 12:27 AM   #18
balmo
Zilvia Junkie

balmo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to balmo
i try to. at the track
Old 05-28-2004, 02:16 AM   #19
240Driver39
Zilvia FREAK!

240Driver39 is making a name for him/her self240Driver39 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to 240Driver39
no...not really interested to...except occassional shinanigans in the rain
Old 05-28-2004, 11:38 AM   #20
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
i don't try to drift intentionally... sometimes it kicks out (hard susp + nj roads = poop) and theres a little countersteering but nothing to get excited about.
Old 05-28-2004, 07:03 PM   #21
russian
Zilvia FREAK!

russian is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to russian
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSnail
I think most people are countersteering since smoking tires in 2nd+ gear would take some nice numbers.
no it doesnt, i have powerslided quite a few times on my stretched 711's with n/a mod ka. you dont need big number to smoke out, its all about droping into 2nd while at high rev and punch the gas/counter steer.

just try it.
Old 05-28-2004, 11:11 PM   #22
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by russian
no it doesnt, i have powerslided quite a few times on my stretched 711's with n/a mod ka. you dont need big number to smoke out, its all about droping into 2nd while at high rev and punch the gas/counter steer.

just try it.
your russian and were right lol
Old 05-29-2004, 09:20 AM   #23
sidewaze

sidewaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey guys whats up.

Yes I do drift. Unfortunately we don't really have any mountain passes here but I try and do it when ever I can. Im still using the stock suspension so the snap back is harsh. Im not the best but, Im not bad either.

Im finding the best style to use is Feint to get the weight to shif better. If we had passes here though, I'd probabley try it a lot. I would just make sure I had a better set up. You guys are lucky that you can go there when ever you want.

Have a good one and drift safely.

Easy

http://members.cardomain.com/sidewaze
Old 05-29-2004, 11:04 AM   #24
Levi@GTPRO
Zilvia Member

Levi@GTPRO is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Levi@GTPRO
I do drift. I have gone to a few drift days also to grip events. I dont really try to drift in the mountains, I kinda like living.

This post has been brought to you by LAND HO the fresh makers!
Old 05-29-2004, 02:05 PM   #25
-E-
Post Whore!

-E- is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KoukiS14
no...and its that I don't trust my skills...I just haven't tired yet...nor am I interested to.
same here .
Old 05-30-2004, 01:28 PM   #26
misnomer
Nissanaholic!

misnomer has a little shameless behavior in the past
Send a message via AIM to misnomer
Never have the urge to. I'm happy enough going up and down my mountains quickly. No need to lose my grip.

<edit> . . .and because the available poll responses are so one-sided, I can't respond. Chaulk one up for "I simply don't care to drift" :-)
Old 05-30-2004, 04:27 PM   #27
driftyour40
Zilvia Addict

driftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the roughdriftyour40 is a jewel in the rough
yes i drift have pulled 45 to 50 mph entry drifts its fun try it. if you fuck up you wern't ready i started in parking lots first gear drifts did that for a year then moved on to faster drifts i don't really consider what i do reall drifting but its about as close to it as im going to get with a stock KA.
Old 05-30-2004, 05:46 PM   #28
DJ_Sunrise
Zilvia FREAK!

DJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to allDJ_Sunrise is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to DJ_Sunrise
if i didnt live in NJ where the cops are assholes and out to get any jap car with a big exhaust, of course i would.. time to go to pennsylvania

~Sunrise
Old 05-31-2004, 02:41 PM   #29
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Sunrise
if i didnt live in NJ where the cops are assholes and out to get any jap car with a big exhaust, of course i would.. time to go to pennsylvania

~Sunrise

u used to love drifting every intersection when cruising around town, before the cops started investigating us. lol
Old 05-31-2004, 02:41 PM   #30
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Sunrise

~Sunrise

i used to love drifting every intersection when cruising around town, before the cops started investigating us. lol

and then i got rolled just today 31str~~~~ahhh

Last edited by steve shadows; 05-31-2004 at 10:19 PM..
Closed Thread