Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-07-2020, 08:51 AM   #2011
TheRealSy90
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I just wanna say Tsuchiya's 86 would destroy 99% of any Zilvia member's cars. Within reason of course.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2020, 09:52 AM   #2012
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
spooled240 has a reputation beyond reputespooled240 has a reputation beyond reputespooled240 has a reputation beyond reputespooled240 has a reputation beyond reputespooled240 has a reputation beyond reputespooled240 has a reputation beyond reputespooled240 has a reputation beyond reputespooled240 has a reputation beyond reputespooled240 has a reputation beyond reputespooled240 has a reputation beyond reputespooled240 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to spooled240 Send a message via Yahoo to spooled240
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
Not entirely sure as to why it says 'FORBIDDEN' when I go up and literally quote you calling your car a 'road race car' proving you wrong but consider yourself saved by Zilvia.

Road race cars are cars in which participate in road racing which makes it a race car. I don't give a fuck if you drive it to 7/11 or daily it, it's literally by definition a race car. So yes - you did call it a race car even if your microscopic brain capacity couldn't fathom you may or may not have call it that indirectly.
Have you heard of copy and paste? Even my microscopic brain could have figured that out lol.

and this is probably what you were referring to?

"My point was that you can totally have a fun and competitive road racing car and still drive it on the street."

you CAN (not mine) CAN/it's possible to have a fun and competitive road racing car that can be street driven.

..and I'll just leave this here, again. Skip down to TOURING CLASS and remember your yellow book from Hooked on Phonics. Sound it out and try and understand that there are classes to road racing.

https://www.scca.com/pages/on-track

But SCCA is gay or something, right? Ok here's another one:

Some of these cars are driven on the street. There are very competitive s14's, FR-Z's, 370z's, 350z's, GT-R's, etc. that are all street driven.

But I know you don't care about the rules..or any kind of rules that disprove your argument. Only the made up rules in your fantasy world where only one-seater fiberglass body over full tube chassis can participate in road racing.
spooled240 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 10:35 AM   #2013
jedi03
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
as in capability or longevity?
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 12:25 PM   #2014
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito has a reputation beyond reputefeito has a reputation beyond reputefeito has a reputation beyond reputefeito has a reputation beyond reputefeito has a reputation beyond reputefeito has a reputation beyond reputefeito has a reputation beyond reputefeito has a reputation beyond reputefeito has a reputation beyond reputefeito has a reputation beyond reputefeito has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I just wanna say Tsuchiya's 86 would destroy 99% of any Zilvia member's cars. Within reason of course.
Well duh!! you can't race a car when it's on jack stands
Old 01-07-2020, 02:54 PM   #2015
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa is a glorious beacon of lightSupaDoopa is a glorious beacon of lightSupaDoopa is a glorious beacon of lightSupaDoopa is a glorious beacon of lightSupaDoopa is a glorious beacon of lightSupaDoopa is a glorious beacon of lightSupaDoopa is a glorious beacon of lightSupaDoopa is a glorious beacon of lightSupaDoopa is a glorious beacon of lightSupaDoopa is a glorious beacon of lightSupaDoopa is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Definitely looks like a ton of cars that go shredding on the street when they aren't on the track they were built for. Great example.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 12:12 AM   #2016
spooled240
Post Whore!

spooled240 has a reputation beyond reputespooled240 has a reputation beyond reputespooled240 has a reputation beyond reputespooled240 has a reputation beyond reputespooled240 has a reputation beyond reputespooled240 has a reputation beyond reputespooled240 has a reputation beyond reputespooled240 has a reputation beyond reputespooled240 has a reputation beyond reputespooled240 has a reputation beyond reputespooled240 has a reputation beyond repute
? yeah, some of them do..

agree to disagree, well leave it at that.
Old 01-20-2020, 02:09 AM   #2017
s13 @ fullboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
https://www.scca.com/pages/on-track

But SCCA is gay or something, right?
This is gold.... lol

Last edited by s13 @ fullboost; 01-22-2020 at 02:14 AM..
s13 @ fullboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 11:07 AM   #2018
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 @ fullboost View Post
This is gold.... lol

I heard the people running SCCA here in San Diego is a bunch of elitist assholes which is why I never thought about going in my FA5
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 11:25 AM   #2019
s13 @ fullboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
I heard the people running SCCA here in San Diego is a bunch of elitist assholes which is why I never thought about going in my FA5
I will not talk any shit as I do not know the SD chapter. I race W2W with NASA and occasionally see SCCA guys. For the most part they seem cool. With that said I would like to think they are also talented as a SCCA racing license is valid to enter many other sanctions of racing.
Old 01-22-2020, 02:19 PM   #2020
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

SupaDoopa is a glorious beacon of lightSupaDoopa is a glorious beacon of lightSupaDoopa is a glorious beacon of lightSupaDoopa is a glorious beacon of lightSupaDoopa is a glorious beacon of lightSupaDoopa is a glorious beacon of lightSupaDoopa is a glorious beacon of lightSupaDoopa is a glorious beacon of lightSupaDoopa is a glorious beacon of lightSupaDoopa is a glorious beacon of lightSupaDoopa is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
But SCCA is gay or something, right? Ok here's another one:
Yes.

msglength
Old Yesterday, 08:49 AM   #2021
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
That's no longer a street safe daily driver.
Uhhh, why not? It's actually much safer now than when you started...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanSayWhat View Post
Talking about street cars...

Tsuchiya's 86 is what I consider to be the pinnacle of a "properly" tuned Japanese "street car":
  • No cage
  • No GT wing
  • Paint/ focus on aesthetics
  • Full interior
  • A/C & heat
  • Strong focus on handling and balance
  • Can have "fun" doing spirited street driving, track days, drifting and of course Touge Battles... lol

The above almost seems like a foreign concept to most S-Chassis these days.
Have you seen how this car was built? It has like $70,000+ worth of work in it. They basically took it down to the bare chassis, reinforced the entire thing, and put it back together with new everything.

Any s-chassis with coilovers, sway bars, and decently sticky tires will tear itself apart after a few years of being driven hard. These are wet-noodle chassis', they need help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearlessj View Post
Anyways, this whole conversation is stupid. Can we move on or would you guys like to keep talking about racing classes and rule books?
Agreed. Everyone is arguing semantics. Call your car whatever you want, just have fun driving it. Fuck.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.

Last edited by PoorMans180SX; Today at 10:33 AM..
PoorMans180SX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:20 AM   #2022
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

The fact we even had that argument just goes to show how fucking stupid SCCA or whatever the fuck they call their swingers group. When they're done getting sweaty by driving their cars around, they slip out of their race suits into their birthday suits so they can yank and suck each other.

Can we talk about what type of meat people prefer in their burgers? Christ.
Old Today, 09:17 AM   #2023
S14rebuild
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
S14rebuild is a splendid one to beholdS14rebuild is a splendid one to beholdS14rebuild is a splendid one to beholdS14rebuild is a splendid one to beholdS14rebuild is a splendid one to beholdS14rebuild is a splendid one to beholdS14rebuild is a splendid one to beholdS14rebuild is a splendid one to beholdS14rebuild is a splendid one to beholdS14rebuild is a splendid one to beholdS14rebuild is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
The fact we even had that argument just goes to show how fucking stupid SCCA or whatever the fuck they call their swingers group. When they're done getting sweaty by driving their cars around, they slip out of their race suits into their birthday suits so they can yank and suck each other.

Can we talk about what type of meat people prefer in their burgers? Christ.

Lmao

S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:47 AM   #2024
spooled240
Post Whore!

..because building tire smoke machines with Sailor Moon on the side and comparing ride heights is a much serious type of motorsport..