Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 07-24-2020, 10:27 PM   #1
Hbuscema

Trader Rating: (0)
Hbuscema is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sr20det reverse sensor not getting power

Trying to find out why my s14 reverse lights aren't working?
Put in tested to see if they was any power going to the reverse sensor but I got nothing, not sure where to look befor the sensor to find the problem.
Thanks
Hbuscema is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2020, 05:22 AM   #2
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Check the most foward sensor on the side of the trans... should have power on both wires when shifted in reverse
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 06:33 AM   #3
NukeKS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
NukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Side note; when troubleshooting the reverse lights on my s14a, I found out that they get power from the gauge cluster circuit. So if your gauge cluster works... there SHOULD be power to that harness point. May just be a faulty switch.

What I did was pull the harness connector to the reverse light switch and try to short it, manually, test the rest of the circuit after the switch.

If you want to know where to find what sensor does what on your tranny, FSM is your friend.

https://www.nicoclub.com/archives/us...-database.html
NukeKS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 11:16 PM   #4
Hbuscema

Thanks for the reply guys, my cluster dose work but has aftermarket lights(I don't know if that would effect anything?), I tryed shorting it and I had no power from ether cable when the car was in accessory mode. Thanks
Old 07-26-2020, 05:58 AM   #5
NukeKS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
NukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
tried shorting what? which connector? did you reference the FSM to make sure you're on the right one?
NukeKS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 01:29 PM   #6
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Reverse lights won't get power in accessory mode, the car need to be ON. Check your fuses. Then trace the wire from the reverse switch on the trans up to the connector under the fuse box next to the engine.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 05:20 PM   #7
Hbuscema

Thanks for the reply again guys, I tried some of your suggestions out with no luck. End up skipping the trans sensor to see if anything was getting power and there was nothing. I checked all the most of the fuses and found nothing wrong except for the of the "electric parts" fuse was a 30omp instead of a 10omp specified, I swapped it out with a 10omp and it blow the fuse instantly, wondering if that fuse it linked to the aftermarket lights in the dash and in turn messing with the reverse sensor/lights circuit. But appart from this I'm not sure back track the wires from the trans sensor an I'm not sure what fuse it uses. Thanks again!