Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 07-25-2020, 11:24 AM   #1
CorporateAmerica

Trader Rating: (0)
CorporateAmerica is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Electrical help - no rear power, like at all.

Alright, new problem for you fine Zilvia folks!
I've successfully swapped a manual into my car and I'm running the WiringSpecialties auto-to-manual transmission harness. Car starts, gears shift, brakes work, etc.

Here's the problem - I've got 0 power to the back, no running lights, no flashers, no turn signals, no break lights, nothing reads on the multimeter.

I've got running lights and headlights in the front, if you kick on the flashers, the relay clicks and the dash lights up, if you use the turn signals it's quiet and the dash doesn't light up.

I've checked the main fuse, all the kick panel fuses and they've got power on both sides. The reverse light sensor on the trans reads 11.8 on the incoming signal.

I'm at a loss - do I just start tracing wires from the back until I get power? Is there a relay that controls the back power to the car? Could it be related to the HACK JOB of wiring that a previous owner did for the universal cruise control they mounted?
CorporateAmerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2020, 08:11 AM   #2
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Might help if you say whether its an S13 or S14.

Did you have power to the back of the car before the install of the harness? If so, I'd imagine something is unplugged from the fusebox that shouldn't be.

Looking at the fuse box cover for an S13, it looks like there is a fuse for the tail lights in the kick panel fuse box. I'd start there. Are you getting power to that fuse holder location?
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 08:58 AM   #3
CorporateAmerica

Trader Rating: (0)
CorporateAmerica is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yeup - I had complete working lights and things, I can't seem to find anything that wasn't plugged in before that isn't now. But I'll triple check that fuse box connector.

I also have power to all the fuses in the kick panel. I just have 0 power at the tail lights.
CorporateAmerica is offline   Reply With Quote