Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Engine

Old 02-12-2008, 01:00 PM   #1
MA JasonG
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
MA JasonG has a spectacular aura aboutMA JasonG has a spectacular aura aboutMA JasonG has a spectacular aura aboutMA JasonG has a spectacular aura aboutMA JasonG has a spectacular aura aboutMA JasonG has a spectacular aura aboutMA JasonG has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MA JasonG
ATI Dampeners for SR20

ATI Dampeners. 4 pieces put together right now and waiting to be shipped. More are on the way.

Price is $392 shipped. Get Gully, gaffle some dough and buy these now. DO IT!
MA JasonG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2008, 01:11 PM   #2
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Slidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
How do you adjust timing with this?
Slidin240Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:44 PM   #3
Brian W.
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (8)
Brian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Brian W.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidin240Wayz View Post
How do you adjust timing with this?

its got OEM timing marks on it. if you mean "how do you set timing with this?"

I run one of these on my 9200 RPM SR20 and its held up great all last season!!!!
Old 02-12-2008, 01:52 PM   #4
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Slidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfectionSlidin240Wayz is close to perfection
I recall Brian having some issues setting this ATI piece up, which is why I ask.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:19 PM   #5
MA JasonG
Zilvia Member

MA JasonG has a spectacular aura aboutMA JasonG has a spectacular aura aboutMA JasonG has a spectacular aura aboutMA JasonG has a spectacular aura aboutMA JasonG has a spectacular aura aboutMA JasonG has a spectacular aura aboutMA JasonG has a spectacular aura about
He's currently having a problem because of the management he is using that the sensor it requires. If you are referring to that.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:20 PM   #6
MA JasonG
Zilvia Member

Nissan Super Damper Applications

The patented ATI Super Damper is the only damper designed exclusively for high performance engines.

Eliminates torsional crankshaft vibrations Exceeds SFI 18.1 specs Laser engraved 360° timing marks Black zinc chromate finished
Inner and outer shells are available in aluminum or steel contain the steel inertia weight. The inertia weight has six (2-ring design) or eight (3-ring design) computer machined grooves to retain the proper durometer O-rings (dyno tested for each application).
Old 02-12-2008, 02:21 PM   #7
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA JasonG View Post
He's currently having a problem because of the management he is using that the sensor it requires. If you are referring to that.
Yes.

It might affect someone's setup.

Which ECU management is he using?

What is the issue?

Since your setup works, what setup are you using?

Carlos
Old 02-12-2008, 03:01 PM   #8
MA JasonG
Zilvia Member

Its the Tec GT unit. We have figured it out just need to machine some stuff.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:18 PM   #9
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

What is/was the issue?

Since your setup works, what setup are you using?

Carlos
Old 02-12-2008, 03:26 PM   #10
Brian W.
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Brian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfection
Carlos,

i was using a PFC last year which this pulley works fine with. The reason i ran into a snag now is because im going to be running a new EMS from Electromotive(Tec GT). The Tec GT uses a Magnetic sensor that reads off the crank(or crank pulley in this case). The only issue i had was how i was going to attach the necessary 60-2 tooth STEEL trigger wheel to my Aluminum ATI damper. I have figured it out now and will be getting the outter pulley that unbolts from my ATI(the PS pulley) made out of steel and ill get the teeth cut into that pulley so my Magnetic sensor will read trouble free.

Ive never had any problems with the pulley itself.

AND... for those curious it has the S13 Rib count for the PS pulley so it can be used on both S13 and S14/S15 SR20DETs with power steering. =)
Old 02-12-2008, 05:09 PM   #11
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
Carlos,

i was using a PFC last year which this pulley works fine with. The reason i ran into a snag now is because im going to be running a new EMS from Electromotive(Tec GT). The Tec GT uses a Magnetic sensor that reads off the crank(or crank pulley in this case). The only issue i had was how i was going to attach the necessary 60-2 tooth STEEL trigger wheel to my Aluminum ATI damper. I have figured it out now and will be getting the outter pulley that unbolts from my ATI(the PS pulley) made out of steel and ill get the teeth cut into that pulley so my Magnetic sensor will read trouble free.

Ive never had any problems with the pulley itself.

AND... for those curious it has the S13 Rib count for the PS pulley so it can be used on both S13 and S14/S15 SR20DETs with power steering. =)
Excellent. Thank you for the clarification.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:32 PM   #12
kevtrinh
Zilvia Junkie

kevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond repute
I'm dumb. What do these do?
kevtrinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:47 PM   #13
Slidin240Wayz
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevtrinh View Post
I'm dumb. What do these do?
These PROPERLY decrease the weight of the pulley letting the crank work easier and allow you to rev the engine safely over the capabilities of the stock crank pulley.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:56 PM   #14
vutony
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (145)
vutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 145 reviews
Absorbs crank vibration at high rpms
Reduce bearing wear

Good price, got mine last week for $400
Old 02-12-2008, 09:10 PM   #15
slideways2004
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
slideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slideways2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidin240Wayz View Post
These PROPERLY decrease the weight of the pulley letting the crank work easier and allow you to rev the engine safely over the capabilities of the stock crank pulley.
is the stock crank pulley decent up to stock redline?
slideways2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:12 PM   #16
MA JasonG
Zilvia Member

The stock crank will allow for redline. Longevity is the issue. I am hopefully going to be able to get some specs on the ATI vs Stock crank giving you an idea of weight difference and the balancing during higher rpm usage.

I don't know if Bryan has that info yet. If he does Im sure he will chime in.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:37 PM   #17
vutony
Post Whore!

vutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfectionvutony is close to perfection
ATI weighs about 5.7 lbs
Old 02-14-2008, 01:18 AM   #18
ReLevent1
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
ReLevent1 will become famous soon enoughReLevent1 will become famous soon enoughReLevent1 will become famous soon enoughReLevent1 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ReLevent1
nothing made for dohc ka?
Old 02-14-2008, 10:48 AM   #19
Brian W.
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLevent1 View Post
nothing made for dohc ka?

sorry, no KA apps. yet.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:55 AM   #20
MA JasonG
Zilvia Member

Talking with ATI now, they do make one for the KA. I'm getting specifics, but they are "custom" and take 6-8 weeks to make. I'll post more info as I find out.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:01 PM   #21
MA JasonG
Zilvia Member

Ok, There are two different application. one is Race Only, this means no accessory drives. Currently the Street application is in design and is the stock style replacement. They are 6-8 weeks before product release. Retail is $530.00. If you are interested in getting one of these for you KA24 please PM me for details.
Thanks
Old 02-14-2008, 02:49 PM   #22
ReLevent1
Zilvia Junkie

ReLevent1 will become famous soon enoughReLevent1 will become famous soon enoughReLevent1 will become famous soon enoughReLevent1 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Ok, There are two different application. one is Race Only, this means no accessory drives. Currently the Street application is in design and is the stock style replacement. They are 6-8 weeks before product release. Retail is $530.00. If you are interested in getting one of these for you KA24 please PM me for details.
Thanks
so the race version just has alternator & water pump, no p/s?
Old 02-14-2008, 04:30 PM   #23
MA JasonG
Zilvia Member

no water pump. the stock replacement should be out by the beginning of next month. Once I get more details on release date dont worry. I will make another post for you KA guys.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:56 AM   #24
ReLevent1
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
no water pump. the stock replacement should be out by the beginning of next month. Once I get more details on release date dont worry. I will make another post for you KA guys.
awesome thanks
Old 02-15-2008, 07:16 AM   #25
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
So, This has the AC, ALT/WP and a 4 rib PS pulley on it?
Old 02-15-2008, 08:40 AM   #26
vutony
Post Whore!

yes, retains stock belt ratios
Old 02-15-2008, 08:54 AM   #27
karmakaze

karmakaze has a little shameless behavior in the past
Quote:
The stock crank will allow for redline. Longevity is the issue. I am hopefully going to be able to get some specs on the ATI vs Stock crank giving you an idea of weight difference and the balancing during higher rpm usage.

I don't know if Bryan has that info yet. If he does Im sure he will chime in.
I would like to see this comparison
karmakaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:06 AM   #28
MA JasonG
Zilvia Member

I believe the stock replacement will have an overdrive on it just like the SR one offers. Once I get some more details I will let you guys know. I'll run a special for the month introducing it and giving you guys some great prices.