Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:03 AM   #1
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Exclamation Illinois has 3 billion dollars of unpaid bills?!

Quote:
The State of Illinois' pile of unpaid bills has grown to a record-breaking $3 billion. Comptroller Dan Hynes said Tuesday it's never before been this bad at this point in any previous fiscal year. CBS 2 Political Editor Mike Flannery reports that some social service agencies that rely heavily on state reimbursement warn they will soon be forced out of business.

Hynes said that things are likely to get worse before the state's bleak revenue picture begins to improve.

The comptroller reported corporate income tax receipts down $77 million for July through September; sales tax receipts, down $244 million; personal income tax receipts, down $251 million.

One result: the typical creditor must now wait three months to be paid by the state, compared to a two-month wait at this time last year.

It's all very discouraging to the physician who runs Family Home Service.

Dr. Norman James said he does not have enough cash to pay his 250 employees this Friday. He said he may have to close the doors, leaving more than 450 clients without the support they need to stay in their own homes and out of expensive nursing homes.

Dr. James said his bank had tripled the size of his line of credit, but that money is now all gone. Dr. James said Illinois owes his agency $900,000, about $700,000 of it past due by up to five months.

Evelyn Gonzalez, a Family Home Service supervisor, said she can't afford to miss a pay check.

"It's nerve-wracking. Because I have bills to pay just like everybody else," Gonzalez said.

Another supervisor, Debra Estrada, is a single mom with two young children. Without a pay check, she said, "I can't pay my rent, I can't buy groceries to feed my children. The state does not realize what's happening to us, the little people. Seriously."

Similar fears haunt tens of thousands at social service agencies all across Illinois.

"A Chicago Meals on Wheels and nutrition center can't purchase food and is facing eviction," Hynes said. "A large Lake County disabled program can't make insurance or mortgage payments."

Hynes said he's now getting 2,600 calls a week from creditors desperate to be paid by the state.

While the General Assembly is scheduled to reconvene next week in Springfield, no one's even pretending to offer a comprehensive solution to the unprecedented budget disaster. Democrats and Republicans, the governor and legislative leaders all insist that must wait until next year.

Late Tuesday, Mayor Daley described Chicago's revenue situation as "very serious."

Because local governments receive a proportionate share of state revenues, including taxes on income and sales, they face the same problems the State of Illinois does.

http://cbs2chicago.com/politics/comp...2.1232001.html

How the hell was Chicago and the state going to pay for the olympics at this rate?
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2009, 03:45 PM   #2
bl3ujay07
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
bl3ujay07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
^^^Olympics brings in money to city/state. Economics
bl3ujay07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:48 PM   #3
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
They should stop paying to print the "s" at the end of the state name. I mean they don't use the damn thing, why pay the extra money to print it on everything?

I'm sure they could at least save a few Million dollars that way, right?

Old 10-08-2009, 04:36 PM   #4
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Illinois politics, especially Chicago's, are fucked up. Chicago's sales tax is 10.25% and a pack of Marlboros is OVER TEN DOLLARS after taxes in some places in the city and still both Illinois and the City of Chicago are almost bankrupt. Everybody is in bed with everybody in Illinois, and all the politicians are banking from it. I can't even believe the amount of money that is flushed down the toilet because of handouts and programs for illegals and people in poverty. EVERYBODY in the city has a huge entitlement mentality.

ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:44 PM   #5
h815 240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
h815 240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
They should stop paying to print the "s" at the end of the state name. I mean they don't use the damn thing, why pay the extra money to print it on everything?

Haha its a pet peeve for a lot of people that I know when someone pronounces the s.
h815 240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:38 AM   #6
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
i blame those gosh darn Risky Devils!
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:26 AM   #7
xBlastoisex
Zilvia Member

xBlastoisex is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post

+1 lol, other then that why are they in so much dept if they have all those damn toll roads. i know for a fact they dont use the money from those, cause there roads still suck ass
xBlastoisex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:07 PM   #8
Devil Man
Zilvia Junkie

Devil Man is an unknown quantity at this point
lol 2600 calls a week... haha he should shut his phone off i bet they could save alot there.

oh yea and btw to the assholes who think that the olypics is gonna bring enough money to make the city/state get out of this hole are in for a rude awakening. they dont even have the money to build the shit in the first place. Whats gonna happen Obama is going to take our tax dollars, cause whats another drop in the bucket at this point right, and build this shit up for them so they can hold the olyimpics there. Also make note of shady corrupt people which money will just disspear too.... wait for it cause its gonna happen.
Devil Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:29 PM   #9
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Man View Post
lol 2600 calls a week... haha he should shut his phone off i bet they could save alot there.

oh yea and btw to the assholes who think that the olypics is gonna bring enough money to make the city/state get out of this hole are in for a rude awakening. they dont even have the money to build the shit in the first place. Whats gonna happen Obama is going to take our tax dollars, cause whats another drop in the bucket at this point right, and build this shit up for them so they can hold the olyimpics there. Also make note of shady corrupt people which money will just disspear too.... wait for it cause its gonna happen.
Have you been living under a rock for the past week? Rio got the olympics, not Chicago.

P.S. an American Olympics has never lost money, just a little FYI.

ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:41 PM   #10
rc1honda
Zilvia Junkie

rc1honda is an unknown quantity at this point
Its really is crazy when you think about it. It doesn't make any sense.

Chicago has some of the highest taxes on the country, including sales,property,and income.

Chicago pays more for a gallon of gas then in some places of Hawaii because of the tax. I don't see where the money goes. We pay all these taxes and we are always in the red.

We have corruption running rampant in Illinois, with a pay to play mentality, ponzi schemes, and large scale imbezzeling. While the county hospitals are stuggling to stay open and adminster care, politicians are getting rich.

At the same time people are leeching off the system and state and get free money every month because they don't wan't to work. I work in the inner city and the line going into the Social Security Administration wraps around 2 blocks.

People who don't work have 6 kids and they all have cell phones, and a brand new pair of jordans on. On the same note a poor man can't get qualityheathcare becuase of budget cuts and short staff. I have a theory, if your are FAT then you are not poor.

Crook County: Has some of the richest and the poorest income per-household statistics in the country. There are to many varibles and Chicago as a city is about ready to collapse. The Olympics would of been a good thing for the economy, but at the same time widespread corruption involving construction deals would of broke out. Who can get fat off the Oylmpic lamb?
rc1honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:15 PM   #11
Devil Man
Zilvia Junkie

Devil Man is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy View Post
Have you been living under a rock for the past week? Rio got the olympics, not Chicago.

P.S. an American Olympics has never lost money, just a little FYI.
actually i have.. i have not watched or read the news for a week or so. but i didnt say that the olypics wouldnt make money, i said it wouldnt be enough to pull that state out of the 3 billion dollar hole they are in.
Devil Man is offline   Reply With Quote