Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-28-2019, 12:34 PM   #151
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
k00laid83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
SO I pulled mine and the extended tips (which goes into the rack) have compressed and rounded when installing. This is on a Z32 rack mind you, but I was under the impression the rack was pretty similar to the 240SX. Do you have any pics after installing and pulling the fittings to see if the tip has been preserved??

I can pull and take pics to let you know what I am referring to.
Actually, this is the first time I've even heard of this. Yea, they should be very similar to the 240sx. If you want to provide pictures I would appreciate it. Honestly, I haven't heard of any issues at all. How much did you over tighten the fittings? When I tightened mine I just did it until they were tight and couldn't tighten anymore.

Facebook or Instagram:@tightfitfab
Email: [email protected]
Check Us Out At: www.tightfitfab.com
k00laid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2019, 12:36 PM   #152
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Do the tips look like they've been grinded?

Old 10-28-2019, 01:13 PM   #153
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

So based from the pic you provided the end flared to fit the rack. It should still seal, I messaged you and let you know that I can send you another set of o-rings and it should still seal.

Old 10-28-2019, 01:24 PM   #154
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
So it became tight prior to proper torqueing. I removed them as I didn't want to strip anything, so the compressing and rounding of the flared tip was occurring very early in threading it in (as in, the rack depth may be shallower than the 240sx of the same era).

The flared tip on one had a slight grinding to it. The other the tip was just rounded and compressed. WIll take a pic tonight and post.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 01:53 PM   #155
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
So it became tight prior to proper torqueing. I removed them as I didn't want to strip anything, so the compressing and rounding of the flared tip was occurring very early in threading it in (as in, the rack depth may be shallower than the 240sx of the same era).

The flared tip on one had a slight grinding to it. The other the tip was just rounded and compressed. WIll take a pic tonight and post.
Oh I see. That could be a possibility that the rack depth maybe shallower. Yes, if you would please provide pics that would be amazing. I really want to apologize that you're having this issue, I feel terrible about this. I'm looking forward to seeing these pictures.

Old 10-28-2019, 09:11 PM   #156
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection

Yep lol. Another set of fittings won't address the issue as they are simply too long for the Z32/300ZX rack. Just want to be specific to my case so no one gets the incorrect impression.

I have another solution in mind that involves re-utilizing the banjo bolts
Old 10-28-2019, 09:53 PM   #157
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:

Yep lol. Another set of fittings won't address the issue as they are simply too long for the Z32/300ZX rack. Just want to be specific to my case so no one gets the incorrect impression.

I have another solution in mind that involves re-utilizing the banjo bolts
Wow! I've never seen anything like that. Thought maybe the nipple was just a bit to long or something but it's like the entire fitting is just way to long. Can you do me a favor an pm me back please. I'd like to give you a refund and see if I could get those fittings back to see what went wrong. I just don't know what to say.

Old 10-29-2019, 05:46 AM   #158
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Just to not give people the wrong impression

I am not soliciting koolaid for a refund. This was strictly a post to present another data point for fitment and I am in now way unhappy with the product!

Koolaid is trying to make it right

Koolaid, I'll pm you in a few as I'm on the road
Old 10-29-2019, 06:55 AM   #159
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Just to not give people the wrong impression

I am not soliciting koolaid for a refund. This was strictly a post to present another data point for fitment and I am in now way unhappy with the product!

Koolaid is trying to make it right

Koolaid, I'll pm you in a few as I'm on the road
I appreciate you saying that and I didn't take your post in that way. I'd rather have this information out there. I guess it's a hit or miss because people have used these fittings on s12s. Specific rx7 and that's even more specific because those racks come in three different sizes. I'll keep an eye out for your message. Again, I want to apologize that this happened.

Old 12-02-2019, 02:20 PM   #160
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Just read through this whole thread. A bunch of great information here.

As a question, has anyone tried these two Fragola fittings?

-6 X 14mm X 1.5 Male, EFI or P/S Part number: 491962
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/f...3-bl/overview/
-6 X 16mm X 1.5 Male, EFI or P/S Part number: 491963
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/f...2-bl/overview/

Looks like they offer the 14 and 16mm versions necessary to get the correct depth.
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 02:23 PM   #161
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka-titties View Post

Looks like they offer the 14 and 16mm versions necessary to get the correct depth.
Additionally, Chasebays seems to have wised up and is now offering 14mm and 16mm fittings.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:42 AM   #162
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:

They are hit and miss. Some people have them seal, some cannot get them to seal. The only ones I have found to work besides koolaids are XRP steel fittings. They are slightly longer and you can tighten them properly.

Quote:
Additionally, Chasebays seems to have wised up and is now offering 14mm and 16mm fittings.
FUCK chase bays. They made their name on sketchy wiring harnesses and jank chinese fittings and improper hose applications. Those first power steering kits they produced were garbage! I know because I bought one.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:34 AM   #163
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Quote:

Doubt those are long enough or worse yet, have the correct flared end as there is actually no standard for PS flared fittings......which has been the issue with just about every PS kit for the 240 as Poorman said above.

Why would you chance it? Koolaid's kit is already cheap and proven and he sold what, 70+ kits or something.

This is not the area to save literally no dollars (you still gotta pay shipping for those fittings).
Old 12-03-2019, 10:02 AM   #164
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Doubt those are long enough or worse yet, have the correct flared end as there is actually no standard for PS flared fittings......which has been the issue with just about every PS kit for the 240 as Poorman said above.

Why would you chance it? Koolaid's kit is already cheap and proven and he sold what, 70+ kits or something.

This is not the area to save literally no dollars (you still gotta pay shipping for those fittings).
Thank you sir, I've sold closer to 200 fitting sets. That's about 400 fittings and I haven't had any issues besides your fittings for the 300zx. Again, my goal is to offer quality and good prices.

Quote:
They are hit and miss. Some people have them seal, some cannot get them to seal. The only ones I have found to work besides koolaids are XRP steel fittings. They are slightly longer and you can tighten them properly.
I didn't realize that the XRP fittings sealed as well. That's good information for people to have.

The only reason I'm down this path is because I bought one of those first version power steering kits. I feel your pain PoorMans180sx.

Old 12-03-2019, 01:04 PM   #165
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:

I'm not chancing anything. I plan to buy Koolaid's stuff when the time comes. I just found them when researching.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:16 PM   #166
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Well sucks to be me I just ordered the newest version chase bays power steering kit last thursday -_-

I guess i could just swap these fittings out with yours though if they don't seem to seal right. They said they're supposed to seal now.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 03:50 PM   #167
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedgod^s13
I'm ready to buy a kit. Please send an invoice to [email protected]
Thanks.
speedgod^s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 05:12 PM   #168
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedgod^s13 View Post
I'm ready to buy a kit. Please send an invoice to [email protected]
Thanks.
Please check your pm

Old 12-09-2019, 12:57 PM   #169
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Well sucks to be me I just ordered the newest version chase bays power steering kit last thursday -_-

I guess i could just swap these fittings out with yours though if they don't seem to seal right. They said they're supposed to seal now.
Check my post with the comparison. I did this exact same thing.
Old 12-09-2019, 05:31 PM   #170
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash n' burn View Post
Check my post with the comparison. I did this exact same thing.
Wow so instead of fixing the fitting they put a larger oring lol, how lame. Guess I need to order some correct fittings.
Old 07-27-2020, 12:49 PM   #171
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have plenty of fittings if anyone is in need. Check out the website if interested.

Old 07-27-2020, 06:56 PM   #172
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

I do need to pick up another pair.
Old 07-28-2020, 01:08 PM   #173
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I do need to pick up another pair.
That's awesome let me know.

Old 07-29-2020, 08:19 PM   #174
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BlackZenkiS14
Quote:
Originally Posted by k00laid83 View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know that I have plenty of fittings if anyone is in need. Check out the website if interested.
Rad, thanks man. I'll be grabbing a set soon. Is shipping included in the $42?
Old 07-30-2020, 08:49 AM   #175
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZenkiS14 View Post
Rad, thanks man. I'll be grabbing a set soon. Is shipping included in the $42?
Sorry shipping is not included.

Old 07-30-2020, 09:41 AM   #176
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Well boys this company is straight up scamming / stealing my power steering fittings. He's selling them on his website and pretty much used my fittings description!! I really don't understand why people steal from other people!!

Hate to break it to you mate, but this is just the name of the game. Anything that isn't overly complicated to machine is gonna get copied.

I had a lot of time into developing a power steering kit with a restrictor and a proper reservoir so it didn't leak/stayed cooler/had better feel, and you should have seen my inbox with all the questions about what fittings I used and how I built the reservoir etc. Soon after ChaseBays revised their shitty kit to be less shitty with a properly baffled reservoir, but the same cheap chinese fittings and improper feed hose, which they still use and people still buy :eyeroll:.

After selling a few kits and seeing copy-cat kits pop up around the internet, the shop I was at decided it wasn't worth trying to compete with rock-bottom pricing, so we stopped selling the kit.

Just bought a set of your fittings though, I'll be running them with a KRC reservoir and restrictor and a little Setrab cooler, should work flawlessly. Thanks for making them.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.

Last edited by PoorMans180SX; 07-30-2020 at 10:29 AM..
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 09:47 AM   #177
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Hate to break it to you mate, but this is just the name of the game. Anything that isn't overly complicated to machine is gonna get copied.

I had a lot of time into developing a power steering kit with a restrictor and a proper reservoir so it didn't leak/stayed cooler/had better feel, and you should have seen my inbox with all the questions about what fittings I used and how I built the reservoir etc. Soon after ChaseBays revised their shitty kit to be less shitty with a properly baffled reservoir, but the same cheap chinese fittings and improper feed hose, which they still use and people still buy :eyeroll:.

After selling a few kits and seeing copy-cat kits pop up around the internet, the shop I was at decided it wasn't worth trying to compete with rock-bottom pricing, so we stopped selling the kit.

Just bought a set of your fittings though, I'll be running them with a KRC reservoir and restrictor and a little Setrab cooler, should work flawlessly. Thanks for making them.
Thanks man. I just realized that I let my emotions get control of me. I need to do more research if I'm going to post things like this period. I've never been the type to be this way. That's why I deleted my post because before I say anything I need to be sure.

I want to say thank you for your advise. It really helped in calming me down. This is the first time I've ever done anything like this so everything is totally new to me.

Glad to hear that you ordered a set of my fittings bro. Thank you.

Old 07-30-2020, 10:55 AM   #178
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post

I have the WSRD kit. Probably one of your first customers! I had the original can that was welded in house and then had to buy the KRC.... I was a bit peeved I had to pay full price for the KBD can since I bought the entire kit, but I also understand that there was a lot of hard work putting the kit together vs chasebay garbage....

Quote:
Thanks man. I just realized that I let my emotions get control of me. I need to do more research if I'm going to post things like this period. I've never been the type to be this way. That's why I deleted my post because before I say anything I need to be sure.

I want to say thank you for your advise. It really helped in calming me down. This is the first time I've ever done anything like this so everything is totally new to me.

Glad to hear that you ordered a set of my fittings bro. Thank you.
That is my setup from poorman. His kit with your fittings on it hahaha.... I have a ross performance harmonic dampner that also underdrives the powersteering belt. So yeah... I hope to keep things calm in PS dept.

I feel for both of you. I know how much time is spent making ish like this and how much MONEY it costs. To go back and worth with design. I am sorry people are copying your stuff and I think I know who it is.... but can't stop them..... If someone is asking for the fittings I point them to you!
Old 07-30-2020, 11:07 AM   #179
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

I would really appreciate it if my past customers would go on my website and leave reviews. It's because of this community that we have individuals building and creating parts for our vehicles. Would love to hear from all of you.

https://www.tightfitfab.com

Old 07-30-2020, 11:11 AM   #180
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
I have the WSRD kit. Probably one of your first customers! I had the original can that was welded in house and then had to buy the KRC.... I was a bit peeved I had to pay full price for the KBD can since I bought the entire kit, but I also understand that there was a lot of hard work putting the kit together vs chasebay garbage....

That is my setup from poorman. His kit with your fittings on it hahaha.... I have a ross performance harmonic dampner that also underdrives the powersteering belt. So yeah... I hope to keep things calm in PS dept.

I feel for both of you. I know how much time is spent making ish like this and how much MONEY it costs. To go back and worth with design. I am sorry people are copying your stuff and I think I know who it is.... but can't stop them..... If someone is asking for the fittings I point them to you!
Thank you! I'm really glad to hear that my fittings are working out for you. I've been wanting to get rid of my ps set up and build my own. I have one of the first chase bays kits and I'm at a point where I want to build my own. Once, I finish up the suspension and kouki type-x front bumper on my s13 I'll have to hit up PoorMans180sx for his kit.