Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 03-18-2020, 09:33 AM   #1
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Thread

Talk about relevant updates and how you and/or your family is holding up.

Let’s keep it as non-political as we can. However we can still say something like gov approves funds for small businesses. Or relevant updates that have to do with the government, lets just not make this a thread about red vs blue, racism, etc.

Registered for absentee voting for the remainder of 2020.

Day 3 of being home with the kids (6,7,9 and one of the way) and doing virtual learning...and it?s really tough. Already. Hoping for some warmer temps so we can spend some more time outdoors.

Sounds like there will be some financial support coming within the next 2 weeks. $1000/ adult is what I heard. I guess it?s better than nothing.

My last photo shoot just got canceled so I officially have no money coming in. We?ve always loved off of one persons income. So we?re technically fine, but I won?t be adding to my whiskey collection any time soon.

Last edited by exitspeed; 03-18-2020 at 10:29 AM..
exitspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2020, 09:37 AM   #2
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
AHEM

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 09:41 AM   #3
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
I think this whole quarantine is absolutely silly. The virus is spreading fast, but was it necessary to go to this extent? So sad to see already so many small businesses suffer and more likely go out of business after this.

Me being a government worker, they’ll never send us home unless a bomb drops. I mean I’m thankful, but I wouldn't have minded a week paid off like some are getting.

These are strange time, never seen anything like this ever.
Old 03-18-2020, 10:30 AM   #4
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeiler View Post
AHEM

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed
There?s still a lot about this that is controversial and hotly debated. And we can have those conversations, I believe, without making it all political.
Old 03-18-2020, 10:55 AM   #5
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
So from what I am seeing around my general area, folks which operated at close margins to begin with (Improv where Chapelle and several other famous comedians have performed over the years, various bars, restaurants, etc) have had to lay off up to 50% of their workforce

Wife and I are floating telework schedules because daycare is closed for the foreseeable future.

We are luckily in a decent position, but generally ALOT of people are not and it's very sad. Our local municipality has already signed off on an emergency fund to pay for those who have lost their jobs (I need to sift through the details and requirements) in addition to not evicting people if they are unable to pay next months rent (also need to look through the details).

This is only a tip of the iceberg in terms of economic impact. We won't see the true effects until atleast 1-2 months down the line

Stock Markets have already tripped several breakers. And on track for ANOTHER record loss. 2019 gains are gone. 2018 gains have just about evaporated. And 2017 gains are not far behind.

We are in uncharted territory
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 11:06 AM   #6
cherryhatch

Trader Rating: (0)
cherryhatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Here in Spokane pretty much all stores are closed, only take out or delivery is an option for food. Most grocery stores supplies are wiped out, and ammo is sold out too.

Last edited by cherryhatch; 06-07-2020 at 11:44 AM..
cherryhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 11:14 AM   #7
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
it's crazy out here. Local government shut down all non essential businesses, pretty much all large gatherings / events have been cancelled.

My father's business has never been closed in the past 25ish years and this is the first time.

I work in an "essential" business so we have to stay open. We are mentally keeping track of who is coughing and how often lol. The good thing is that we are a small company with a big building so people are at least 20 feet away from each other at all times.

I'm really pissed off and I worry for my parents and grandparents. I'm at the point where I am seriously considering buying a tent and requesting to work from home.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 11:37 AM   #8
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
So what I do not get during all this is the employers forcing workers in a (in some cases) life or death situation.

If I am over 60 fuck that nonsense. Well, that or it seems an early retirement is in order.....which is not of my doing and my employer did shit to mitigate this.

So economic loss and loss of workforce confidence. Not good.

I am not necessarily concerned about our immediate well being. But, from what I understand, the ripple effects is what is scary. 2/3 of the hospital beds are current occupied. It will not take much for us to enter an Italy situation; hospitals overwhelmed and turning away folks with non immediate (but potential) life threatening issues. However, the flip side is, docs working 100 hr work weeks and also contracting the virus. Once they go, who the hell is going to take care of us?? THAT is a legitimate real ripple effect that ha a MUCH larger impact than the virus itself.

People need to stop comparing to flu. The flu has an actual vaccine and still causes deaths and for all intents and purposes, there are methods to contain. Not so with Corvid-19
Old 03-18-2020, 12:33 PM   #9
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The automotive industry was showing no signs of slowing until the last few days, apparently some main distributors for dealers are closing down for few weeks at this point. Without the distributors parts departments aren't going to receive special order or stock items, basically bringing service departments and wholesale to a stop.

What I do day to day heavily relies on having a stock order each day, I manage a multi-million dollar Amazon seller account and without the stock, I cannot fulfill orders. Even with the current state of things my sales are high and consistent. If our supplier does close down, I'm going to either have to sell all of our current stock and walk away for a week or opt to put the account on "Vacation" to ensure we still have stock for any customers walking in/the service department. Either way my pay will be taking a significant hit and its going to be a mess getting everything back up and running.

All it seems we can do is take things on a daily basis and keep on keeping on. I wouldn't mind a week or so off even if its un-paid, but I know there are others I work with who cannot take that pay hit from not working.
Old 03-18-2020, 12:37 PM   #10
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 01:10 PM   #11
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
In the auto/insurance repair business... so far no impact on work. Been told by the owners "if theres work in the shop you will be working". Got 2 kids, school is closed for atleast a month. There old enough to stay home by themselves. My wife is a manager for a medical center. Mostly older patients. 55 and up. They are not seeing anyone at her facality. Just making well-fare calls and help direct people in the right direction.

Besides from that i see noone taking this serious at all. State mandatory closings of business and restaurants, but the general public acts like nothing is happening

FLORIDA.....
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 05:50 PM   #12
cherryhatch

I just heard that FORD, GM, Chrysler and Honda are all temporarily closing factories in the US now... getting parts is going to start getting interesting
Old 03-18-2020, 05:55 PM   #13
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherryhatch View Post
I just heard that FORD, GM, Chrysler and Honda are all temporarily closing factories in the US now... getting parts is going to start getting interesting

Worried about parts when people are dyning?
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 06:02 PM   #14
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Point taken. I can also see the flip side along the lines of warranty repairs, assembly lines and just basic maintenance through dealer networks to keep cars and warranty repairs up to date.
Old 03-19-2020, 07:04 PM   #15
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Who else is working from home and won't miss a paycheck and is planning to invest their government check(s) into paying off non-mortgage debt and investing in the newly cheapening stock market?

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 08:04 PM   #16
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Who else is working from home and won't miss a paycheck and is planning to invest their government check(s) into paying off non-mortgage debt and investing in the newly cheapening stock market?
You are welcome
Old 03-19-2020, 08:14 PM   #17
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
s13 PAY Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
I'm in the military so I will not lose that source of revenue, but my part-time job working at Golds Gym as a personal trainer laid me off. They have no game plan going forward and told me to apply for unemployment. I believe I don't qualify because it's a part-time job, but that's how I'm paying off our debt from my wife's breast cancer. I'm also stuck paying my daughter's car payment because she was laid off from the restaurant she works. This sucks all away around, and I might get deployed with less than 8 months before retirement.
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 08:29 PM   #18
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
California going on lockdown now...sheesh.
Old 03-19-2020, 08:56 PM   #19
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
California going on lockdown now...sheesh.
Talk about bullshit over reaction designed to take away our constitutional rights and crash the economy for political gain.

My country of 500k people has... Two, yes, two Corona positive people with minimal symptoms who are self quarantined.

They have now issued a travel ban, you can only be out to get food, go to whatever work is still open or seek medical attention.

Meanwhile, we had two shooting murders this week. One Sunday morning the other Monday night. Both urban youth gang violence.

So Fucking stupid.
Old 03-20-2020, 07:25 AM   #20
midnight zenki
Zilvia Junkie

midnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Talk about bullshit over reaction designed to take away our constitutional rights and crash the economy for political gain.

My country of 500k people has... Two, yes, two Corona positive people with minimal symptoms who are self quarantined.

They have now issued a travel ban, you can only be out to get food, go to whatever work is still open or seek medical attention.

Meanwhile, we had two shooting murders this week. One Sunday morning the other Monday night. Both urban youth gang violence.

So Fucking stupid.
This is all about flattening the curve and preventing overrun of the hospitals. How many negative pressure rooms and ventilators are in your counties hospitals? If 1% of your counties population required critical care could the hospitals handle that? What happens to the other people having strokes, heart attacks, etc.
midnight zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 08:15 AM   #21
carcrazee
Zilvia Member

carcrazee is an unknown quantity at this point
so far, toyota is still up and running, i heard that the shut the plant down but i cant confirm it... but the boss decided to self quarantine so why cant we? i have a 1 year old daughter that id prefer to stay healthy i cant be taking this virus home from working on gross cars all day

OHIO
carcrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 10:35 AM   #22
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I'm thankful my work in mental health allows me to work from home in los angeles. This week I'm working and grateful only getting paid less about a third of my income. It's actually kinda nice not to work 80 hours a week and do 50-something.

lot of friends in the restaurant industry having it real rough with no work. People I know in health care are going through a lot of hardship with much longer hours. really hope we don't end up like Italy. Also very scary to see how this is going to impact the economy.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 01:38 PM   #23
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight zenki View Post
This is all about flattening the curve and preventing overrun of the hospitals. How many negative pressure rooms and ventilators are in your counties hospitals? If 1% of your counties population required critical care could the hospitals handle that? What happens to the other people having strokes, heart attacks, etc.
Who gives a crap.

So to "save" a thousand lives we are going to destroy everyone financially? Millions of people out of work, people will be losing their homes, business crippled, retirements lost... Etc! For what!?? To keep gramps alive another 6 months so he can die of influenza, H1N1 or a staff infection instead?

This will destroy the middle class.

The banks and huge businesses (Walmart, Apple, Amazon) will profit while small brink and mortar shops can't make rent.

Big chain fast food will survive with drive thru's, delivery and carry outs... But the local restaurants, dinners and bars will suffer.

Wealthy bankers can telecommute while auto workers, skilled trades and waiters go on unemployment.

Then we'll get a $1k stimulus check and a $100B bank bailout. $1k is two weeks pay so those McDonald's wankers can buy their legal pot and a PS5. I could wipe my ass with it.

It won't cover the fact mortgage rates shot up 2pts despite the fed being at 0%, it won't cover the $90k nose dive my 401k took, the 5% raise I just lost or whatever the fuck happens to my home's value.

But hey! We kept the hospitals opened and prolonged a few people's lives by another year or two.
Old 03-20-2020, 01:53 PM   #24
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Corbic presents a good point in regards to the balancing act and which is why, as I said before, we will not see the full effect until months down the line

As mentioned unemployment in just one county is up some 1000% (or whatever the math is to go from 6500 to 78,000 over the course of a week).

As mentioned, the middle/lower class won't be able to weather this as a fair share (be it by their own or economic doing) live paycheck to paycheck.

Makes you wonder just how strong the economy really is......or better yet, for WHO....
Old 03-21-2020, 12:38 PM   #25
midnight zenki
Zilvia Junkie

midnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfectionmidnight zenki is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Who gives a crap.

So to "save" a thousand lives we are going to destroy everyone financially? Millions of people out of work, people will be losing their homes, business crippled, retirements lost... Etc! For what!?? To keep gramps alive another 6 months so he can die of influenza, H1N1 or a staff infection instead?

This will destroy the middle class.

The banks and huge businesses (Walmart, Apple, Amazon) will profit while small brink and mortar shops can't make rent.

Big chain fast food will survive with drive thru's, delivery and carry outs... But the local restaurants, dinners and bars will suffer.

Wealthy bankers can telecommute while auto workers, skilled trades and waiters go on unemployment.

Then we'll get a $1k stimulus check and a $100B bank bailout. $1k is two weeks pay so those McDonald's wankers can buy their legal pot and a PS5. I could wipe my ass with it.

It won't cover the fact mortgage rates shot up 2pts despite the fed being at 0%, it won't cover the $90k nose dive my 401k took, the 5% raise I just lost or whatever the fuck happens to my home's value.

But hey! We kept the hospitals opened and prolonged a few people's lives by another year or two.
You have a great point about the middle class. People should probably stop voting for the party that continues to hollow out all support for them while they swallow the bullshit lies about draining the swamp and throwing up distractions such as immigration.

I also agree with you that corporate welfare is not the answer and will squander our tax dollars. No company deserves a bailout, they should be forced to borrow with all the low interest loans that are being touted for everyone else.

This virus isn’t just killing or hospitalizing “grandpa”, it has and will continue to affect and kill younger demographics. This article sites the CDC directly https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...outputType=amp

I understand your frustration and anger but it’s not as simple as your previous post alludes to.
midnight zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 01:10 PM   #26
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
You have a great point about the middle class. People should probably stop voting for the party that continues to hollow out all support for them while they swallow the bullshit lies about draining the swamp and throwing up distractions such as immigration.
The Democrats? I've watched every debate, the closest one to giving a shit was Tulsi and she was buried. The rest have been blatantly anti-middle class.

Quote:
This virus isn?t just killing or hospitalizing ?grandpa?, it has and will continue to affect and kill younger demographics. This article sites the CDC directly https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...outputType=amp

I understand your frustration and anger but it?s not as simple as your previous post alludes to.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/17/healt...ths/index.html

Again, strip out population curve and this is a typical flu that attacks the elderly. What's untypical is its nonexistent in the under 20 group.

Typical flus smash the under 10 and over 70. This seems to simply hit the over 65.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:30 PM   #27
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
"You know what I’d like him to do, I’d like him to go back to The State Department, or as they call it, the deep state department"

Meanwhile, an adult in the toom:

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:56 AM   #28
cherryhatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Worried about parts when people are dyning?
Sorry, I am the parts guy at my job... And we ain't closed yet!!
Old 03-23-2020, 11:22 AM   #29
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

That took all of 24 posts to turn political lol!
Old 03-24-2020, 08:48 AM   #30
Corbic
Post Whore!

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ed/2904122001/