Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-20-2012, 07:26 PM   #1
jonsusoju
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
jonsusoju is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
z33 tire/clutch question

so i'm looking at a 350z 2004 touring edition. seller has a veilside v3 body kit (i realize that not everyone likes it, to each his own), tanabe springs, and 19 in. axis rims all around.

1) the clutch is about to go out. he said he can do the labor of replacing free of charge it if I buy my own clutch. It currently grinds at 4k in 3rd.

2) the engagement point for the clutch is fairly high. i read somewhere that there is a bolt configuration that I can adjust under the pedal to lower the engagement point. any confirmation on this would be very helpful. this will be my DD, so a lower clutch point would be nice. also, what is a good replacement clutch system (please provide estimated cost of product)

3) my main issue. the car is fairly low as it is. (approx. 5 inches above the ground if not less. he has the car set up so that the front tires are larger (not wider, but "taller") than the rears. i thought i could simply swap the tires out, but i also ran into another issue, the rear tires are wider (not that i dont like the staggered set up). however, if i did put "thinner/smaller" tires in the front, this would make the front bumper of the car much closer to the ground. also, currently the tires do slightly rub when doing sharp turns

any suggestions, experience, etc woudl be nice.

for those that are wondering, his price is 11k, 2004 model year, the car as 100k miles on it (slightly bothers me, should i be more concerned?), car has VLSD, HID headlights, the body kit, tanabe springs, he's taking out sub and amp, seibon CF hood, injen intake, Drilled/slotted rotors with wheel spacers all around.

i'm in the market for a Z for those that are selling and want to deter me from this car. :-D.
jonsusoju is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2012, 08:18 PM   #2
jonsusoju
Zilvia Junkie

Bump. would like some help on this as I am considering purchasing car within next two days...thanks.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:04 PM   #3
jonsusoju
Zilvia Junkie

to add: the rears are 265/30r19
the fronts: 245/40r19