Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:03 PM   #1
Briou
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Briou is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
ID injectors + greddy

Hey guys I have been searching for weeks now and I can't get it straight....I have the greddy intake manifold, greddy fuel rail, and Injector dynamics 1000cc injectors and I can not figure out how to get them to fit correctly....I have tried several different ways of putting them in and I have tried different o-rings...every time the injectors get pushed too far down so the o-ring goes completely into the manifold and I have to fish them out of my head...so if anyone has installed these injectors with this manifold I would definitely appreciate your help and pics if you have any...thanks
Briou is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Being that they are pencil style, you can actually weld metal bushings into the manifold, that then have the same bore as the injector o rings...I've seen them on here, but I'd hafta search for them again. Shouldn't be that hard to make though either if you have the ability.

On my car, I actually had a plated welded atop my rubber bushings, and the body sealed in the large gromets themselves.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:18 PM   #3
Briou
Zilvia Member

damn that looks good....but I already have my mani painted and in the car....how did you mound your fuel rail anyway??
Old 03-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #4
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
4x4le is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 4x4le Send a message via Yahoo to 4x4le
Well I thought I had my injector problems sorted out (I have the greddy mani and injector dynamics id1000s) and the greddy rail.

This thread is making me think my fix isnt going to fix it all though. What exactly is the point of the top plate?
4x4le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #5
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briou View Post
damn that looks good....but I already have my mani painted and in the car....how did you mound your fuel rail anyway??
I ran a single bar between the two mounting mounts, and then made L brackets that went from the fuel rail, to the little bar piece I made. The back hole aligns it all perfectly, and the front I just drilled in a little from the front, to make it work

This pic is more recent, still not a good shot:

This pic is from FOREVER ago...heck I didn't even have my VC back from powdercoat yet LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4le View Post
Well I thought I had my injector problems sorted out (I have the greddy mani and injector dynamics id1000s) and the greddy rail.

This thread is making me think my fix isnt going to fix it all though. What exactly is the point of the top plate?
When not running that top plate, the big gromets would push up around the body of the injector under boost. I had originally taken pieces of PVC pipe that was about the same shape as the injector to help hold it down with a big washer...but that was ghetto as hell.

So I came up with that solution with that upper plate. It's remvoable as well in case the rubber o ring goes bad or whatnot too.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 03-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #6
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Ahhh. That makes sense. I have the OG greddy mani without the mounting points for the new greddy rail, which would have been nice if they would have this advertised about their rail..... When I called greddy about this we had a "nice" conversation where they told me I shouldnt have bought a fake manifold and I told them it was real (real real expensive back then too) and they didnt want to hear it...... Couple hours later I get called back saying that there was a design change soon after they came out with the manifold to mount their rail on. I was hoping they would exchange my manifold out even if it cost me some and they offered to sell me one for retail.

ANYWAYS
So I had to make an adapter to mount the rail and I had to modify the spacers on the rail so it would sit low enough, but something always seemed to be missing. I dont plan on running the small orings at the tips as they are not sealing to anything and just seem to pose a hazzard as they can come off. Anyways something just seemed to be wrong still. I never thought about the big seals pushing past the injectors under boost though. I guess them fat bodied injectors do have an advantage.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #7
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4le View Post
ANYWAYS
So I had to make an adapter to mount the rail and I had to modify the spacers on the rail so it would sit low enough, but something always seemed to be missing. I dont plan on running the small orings at the tips as they are not sealing to anything and just seem to pose a hazzard as they can come off. Anyways something just seemed to be wrong still. I never thought about the big seals pushing past the injectors under boost though. I guess them fat bodied injectors do have an advantage.
When I first did it, I had read about this happening on other cars, and I initially said F it, and then went to my infamous PCV spacer idea. I figured (Like you) that that small o ring wasn't do jack shit anyway, so I just used the larger rubber grommet to seal it all up..as in reaity, I think that's what seals the larger body/Rochester RC style ones too.

Sigh, the aftermarket...it's supposed to be easier and better right? LOL

Old 03-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #8
Briou
Zilvia Member

ok this is what I have done....haven't boost leak tested yet but this is what I have for now....

Old 03-13-2012, 04:49 PM   #9
hockeyrules
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
hockeyrules is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I know this thread more dedicated to the greddy manifold, but does the same thing happen on a stock sr manifold with a top feed fuel rail and injector dynamics?
hockeyrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:54 PM   #10
codyace
Post Whore!

See on those injectors it has that little plastic keeper sort to speak, so that may work out for you just fine. On the Seimens/Deka/Mototron 60lbers that I have, it's a smooth injector.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #11
hockeyrules
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
hockeyrules is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
See on those injectors it has that little plastic keeper sort to speak, so that may work out for you just fine. On the Seimens/Deka/Mototron 60lbers that I have, it's a smooth injector.
If this is to me thanks for a quick reply, im all nervous to test these out because I cant find any info on them installed in a stock manifold.
thanks
hockeyrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #12
Briou
Zilvia Member

yeah ok....I was thinking they would help...I just have to wait for my car to get out of the body shop so I can put some boost to it and see what happens....we will see....
Old 03-14-2012, 05:22 PM   #13
Briou
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyrules View Post
I know this thread more dedicated to the greddy manifold, but does the same thing happen on a stock sr manifold with a top feed fuel rail and injector dynamics?
Yeah I am pretty sure the same thing will happen with the stock manifold....the washers seem to be working but I won't know for sure until I get the car out of the body shop and do a boost leak test on it....
Old 03-14-2012, 08:49 PM   #14
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
ok this is what I have done....haven't boost leak tested yet but this is what I have for now....

Did you have to drill out the washers or do you know what size you got? This should work great! Most likely what the ridge is for
Old 03-15-2012, 08:31 AM   #15
Briou
Zilvia Member

Yeah I had to drill them out...I used a step up bit and went to 9/16....its the closest to the size of the injectors you can get with bit in the ft/lb/s (American) system....it is a little big but I think it will work fine
Old 03-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #16
patchan
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
patchan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Yeah I am pretty sure the same thing will happen with the stock manifold....the washers seem to be working but I won't know for sure until I get the car out of the body shop and do a boost leak test on it....
Is there a way to use top feed on the stock manifold? Only thing I've read about so far was using something like Mazworx's spacer. But haven't really read too much reviews on that.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:02 PM   #17
drivinsideways88

Trader Rating: (4)
drivinsideways88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
You ever want to part with that greedy fuel rail PM me!
drivinsideways88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #18
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Go search for a post I made about getting top feed injectors (like yours) to fit greddy manifold. Although its an Rb, the solution I found using a companies spacer could be your answer. And you won't have to worry about any leaks etc.
EnemyS15 is offline   Reply With Quote