Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-03-2017, 07:31 PM   #91
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (48)
Pblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
IS THERE ANYONE WHO HAS EVER RE-VINYLED A DASH

To look OEM. If so, are there any pictures ?

I ask because I either need a 100% I cracked brown RHD dash. Or to re-vinyl it. Cost is not an issue. I just want my dash to look new and OEM.

Do you suffer from vaginal dryness...
Pblesh85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2019, 12:09 PM   #92
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I have to bump it up,

Im sure 95% cars here suffer from the same problem.
Anybody finished leather wrap of the dash here yet?
Any other new options available?
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 01:01 PM   #93
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Just buy an expensive used crack free dash and then religiously use sun shades. I put a new used dash in my s13 well over 3 years ago and it is still crack free despite being parked in the florida sun because I put the sunshade up any time I park. Same with the s14 I just put a dash in
Old 03-26-2019, 01:25 PM   #94
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
it also helps if you leave an open container of water in the car if its going to be parked for more than a few days. lack of moisture has a lot to do with the dash cracking in the first place

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 02:20 PM   #95
SRTFerg
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
SRTFerg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Has anyone used a coverlay? I didn't know they existed until a few days ago and was wondering if they look decent or if I should just flock it and call it a day?
SRTFerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 09:07 AM   #96
SteffbuiltNOLA

SteffbuiltNOLA is an unknown quantity at this point
I saw previous post of people asking about the vents that always break so check this guys. http://lrbspeed.com
It looks like they make some pretty cool stuff and for S13Shocker guys with the digital climate control, they will pre drill a hole for the sunbeam sensor. It your looking for an oem look then just spray some sem texture paint on it then sem semi gloss black (there’s a paint code that’s identical to oem Nissan but I don’t remember anymore). Good luck
SteffbuiltNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 09:23 AM   #97
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
lrb stuff is dope but their shipping cost is nuts.

I wanted his sheet metal door panels but it was gonna be like another $80 to ship em

Quote:
Old 03-28-2019, 12:17 PM   #98
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
https://www.yelp.com/biz/just-dashes...-cars-van-nuys and they did a stellar job

i call once and i believe was quoted 1200 for s13 dash... about 4 yrs ago

video of their process

no ugly seams...

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r

Last edited by DALAZ_68; 03-30-2019 at 09:14 AM..
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 12:47 PM   #99
brndck
Premium Member

link no workie steve. is it that place in van nuys?

Quote:
Old 03-28-2019, 04:29 PM   #100
SteffbuiltNOLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
lrb stuff is dope but their shipping cost is nuts.

I wanted his sheet metal door panels but it was gonna be like another $80 to ship em
That’s expensive but then again shipping anything the size of a door panel isn’t cheap. I wonder if they’ve shopped around for shipping partners though because 80 is quite pricey.
Old 03-28-2019, 04:40 PM   #101
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteffbuiltNOLA View Post
That’s expensive but then again shipping anything the size of a door panel isn’t cheap. I wonder if they’ve shopped around for shipping partners though because 80 is quite pricey.
I double checked the quote they gave me and I was incorrect. It was only SIXTY for shipping, not $80

still that's a LOT tho. enough to turn me off and find someone local to make the same thing

Quote:
Old 03-28-2019, 04:51 PM   #102
SteffbuiltNOLA

Quote:
I double checked the quote they gave me and I was incorrect. It was only SIXTY for shipping, not $80

still that's a LOT tho. enough to turn me off and find someone local to make the same thing
I can’t imagine, though, that the vent panel will be much at all. Not too fond of the radio and shifter bezel to be honest but I guess it depends on your build.
Old 03-30-2019, 09:15 AM   #103
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Quote:
link no workie steve. is it that place in van nuys?
yesm.

Just Dashes
5941 Lemona Ave
Van Nuys, CA 91411
(800) 247-3274

theyve even done datsun dashes... bang for buck id go this route OE as fuck...but the cost i get it.

Old 03-30-2019, 03:25 PM   #104
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
how about fiberglassing the stock dash after streaming it
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 11:41 AM   #105
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersayianjim View Post
how about fiberglassing the stock dash after streaming it
Why?

Old 04-05-2019, 10:39 PM   #106
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I bought the coverlay dash for my s14. color is spot on, the texture is different but still looks oem. rather do this than flock a dash any day.

ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 05:37 AM   #107
Dirk Jan
Leaky Injector

Dirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of lightDirk Jan is a glorious beacon of light
Why don't you guys just import a few dashboards from europe? I've seen a lot of S13's and literally none of them have had a cracked dash.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:49 AM   #108
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
I tried the baking soda+super glue trick, and various versions of it using little pieces of cut plastic, different paints, gorilla glue, epoxy. On two different S14 dashes.

So far nothing worked 'perfectly' (cracks re-appeared but much fewer/smaller) but as with most things, the less I care about it when doing it the better it started coming out.

Next time I am going to try some higher quality 'glue' (probably JB KWIK or similar) I've had good luck with that stuff on motorcycle body panels, sanding and painted over JBkwik, are still quite flexible and don't seem to crack. Couple months I'll be doing that.

I'm not concerned about texture. Just low cost and no cracks. So my method is basically, sand/rough it, clean it, fill it, sand it smooth, hit it with random black paint. Done.
You can see how bad it was cracked, pretty ruined junk.

It looks 9999% better but still has myriad tiny slivers of cracks since then I need to go back and fill (like I said I'll try something new)
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote