Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-02-2019, 07:30 PM   #1
BadComp

Trader Rating: (0)
BadComp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Potential purchase!

Hi guys, haven’t been on here in at least 8 years. Had an s14 for a while that I sold, which I regret often. I came across an s13 for sale locally to me with an ls1 swap. Can you guys give your input on the car? Is it worth what he is asking?https://southjersey.craigslist.org/c...849347038.html
BadComp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2019, 08:49 PM   #2
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
You couldn’t do that swap for cheaper than that setup. Do it! You won’t regret the torque of the V8.
Old 04-02-2019, 09:29 PM   #3
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
looks like a good car from here.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:00 PM   #4
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Isnt that what beat-up stock ones go for on that neck of the woods? Considering that, and as much as I dislike ls swaps, I would say that's a pretty good deal
Old 04-03-2019, 09:20 AM   #5
BadComp

Thanks for the input guys. Yeah it’s ridiculous what they go for. I think there’s one on there for $17k at the moment. I went and saw the car. Seems like he did a decent job on it. I can only describe the car as silly. Surely puts a grin on the face. And it’s just a factory ls with long tubes!
Old 04-03-2019, 11:52 AM   #6
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
That's a deal and I'm not an LS1 fan

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 12:04 PM   #7
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Lmao the hate of all these purists on here is hilarious. Smiles per miles remember that.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:21 PM   #8
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
Lmao the hate of all these purists on here is hilarious.
U wanna turn this into another ls hate thread? 'Cause that's how u turn a thread into an ls hate thread....

Quote:
Smiles per miles remember that.
So, u want everyone to drive camrys and civics, uh?
Old 04-03-2019, 12:23 PM   #9
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Parts are worth that much by themselves if you ever sold them. Seems like a no-brainer; pretty clean car. If you do, look into a new pair of headers..that ground clearance suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Last edited by crash n' burn; 04-03-2019 at 03:12 PM..
crash n' burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 01:05 PM   #10
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
IMO this is a VERY good bargain

still do your homework though, do a compression test, thoroughly inspect the car for rust or damage, run a Carfax, etc

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 01:39 PM   #11
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
U wanna turn this into another ls hate thread? 'Cause that's how u turn a thread into an ls hate thread....

So, u want everyone to drive camrys and civics, uh?
I simply stated it’s funny, no one can look past that fact. OP simply asked if it was a good deal, don’t think he needed the “and I hate LS swaps” every comment. In regards to the civics and camrys, why not? I drive a Prius on days I don’t take one of my other cars so who cares?

Please try and find the time in your day to type two more letters and write “you” instead of “U.”
Old 04-03-2019, 03:45 PM   #12
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
I simply stated it’s funny, no one can look past that fact. OP simply asked if it was a good deal, don’t think he needed the “and I hate LS swaps” every comment. In regards to the civics and camrys, why not? I drive a Prius on days I don’t take one of my other cars so who cares?

Please try and find the time in your day to type two more letters and write “you” instead of “U.”
He asked for opinions and he got them.

Anyone that is a fan of these cars knows that an LS swap isn't cheap but a deal is a deal. If I was in a market for a car and had the money to buy that one. I would.

Stop taking anything not pro-LS up the ass. Relax. it's not a personal attack.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 04:14 PM   #13
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
He asked for opinions and he got them.

Anyone that is a fan of these cars knows that an LS swap isn't cheap but a deal is a deal. If I was in a market for a car and had the money to buy that one. I would.

Stop taking anything not pro-LS up the ass. Relax. it's not a personal attack.
I don’t give two shits if anyone is not pro-LS. As you said it’s my opinion, I find that the criticism is funny because it’s related to LS. Chill “mod,” no harm no foul go back to your business.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:58 PM   #14
feito
Nissanaholic!

Well, I'm glad the grammar nazi could only get me on a "u" . There's also those who would bitch about an "OP" instead of an "original poster"
Quote:
In regards to the civics and camrys, why not? I drive a Prius on days I don’t take one of my other cars so who cares
Exactly, basically "smiles per miles" doesn't apply to MOST 240 owners since most 240's aren't daily driven. Having an engine that makes easy power and is cheap isn't all there is to an enthusiast.
Oh jeez... see what you've done now?
BTW, oh I'm sorry, "by the way", you missed a comma between "other cars" and "so"
Old 04-03-2019, 07:57 PM   #15
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
Well, I'm glad the grammar nazi could only get me on a "u" . There's also those who would bitch about an "OP" instead of an "original poster"

Exactly, basically "smiles per miles" doesn't apply to MOST 240 owners since most 240's aren't daily driven. Having an engine that makes easy power and is cheap isn't all there is to an enthusiast.
Oh jeez... see what you've done now?
BTW, oh I'm sorry, "by the way", you missed a comma between "other cars" and "so"
I’m so glad you had to time to run that one through grammarly this time
Old 04-04-2019, 02:16 AM   #16
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
cheap, have it checked out and buy it if it's all good.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:11 AM   #17
eagleeyes221
Leaky Injector

eagleeyes221 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just my .02 here, but id buy it, of course still look the car over to make sure there isnt something horribly wrong with it. To me though it seems like a pretty well sorted car judging on that parts list.
eagleeyes221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 07:25 AM   #18
nick_d_240sx
Leaky Injector

nick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymore

Good deal, get it.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:51 PM   #19
BadComp

Well thanks again everyone for your opinions and recommendations. I just brought it home for $8k. Can’t wait to tag it up and have some fun.