Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > Canada > Alberta

Old 09-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #1
s13silvia_etown

Trader Rating: (0)
s13silvia_etown is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
anyone done a ca18de(n/a) to sr20det swap in an s13?

llike the title states im looking for more info on swapping my ca18de in my s13 to the sr20det... jus tryin to see if anyone has done this particular swap b4... other than the obvious (motor,trans, ecu and harness, fmic, rad, etc..) what other things would need replacing? as in clutch master cylinder, brake master cylinder? i know that the sr20det has diff sized brake pads to compensate for the power of the sr..soo a brake upgrade would probably be in my best interest. but as far as the cmcand bmc, i have no idea... any info regarding this matter would help a great deal! id like to have everything needed to complete the swap priced out soo i dont run into any surprises down the road.. as far as i know the SR should bolt right into the same spot the CA is located in , and the trans as well... correct me if im wrong?
s13silvia_etown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2012, 07:23 PM   #2
TFel

TFel is an unknown quantity at this point
I have this swap done. Its actually a fairly straight forward swap. sounds like you have most of it figured out. I upgraded my factory brakes for a bit more grab and running brembo rotors and greenstuff pads never had any issues stopping and havent changed cylinders. If yours are getting old it is probably a good idea to change them out anyways (never a bad idea). But if your going to do a complete brake upgrade do a Z32 swap
TFel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:07 PM   #3
s13silvia_etown

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFel View Post
I have this swap done. Its actually a fairly straight forward swap. sounds like you have most of it figured out. I upgraded my factory brakes for a bit more grab and running brembo rotors and greenstuff pads never had any issues stopping and havent changed cylinders. If yours are getting old it is probably a good idea to change them out anyways (never a bad idea). But if your going to do a complete brake upgrade do a Z32 swap
really? so the stock setup can handle it then? how long have you had that set up in there for? i have a brand new set of rotors and pads ready to be thrown in, should be alright for a little while. probably wont have the funds to do the z32 brake up grade this season since the swap and coils have pretty much depleted my funds. Not to mention getting my subie in tip top shape for winter...
Old 09-24-2012, 06:06 PM   #4
Hellother
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Hellother is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
you'll be ok, most people don't change those items when going from ka to sr. but like he said above, z32 is a good upgrade over stock, if your getting a front clip, then see if you can't swap the front brakes from the 180 over, iirc they are the biggest stock s13 brakes.
Is there mud and or oil involved?
Hellother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:41 PM   #5
s13silvia_etown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellother View Post
you'll be ok, most people don't change those items when going from ka to sr. but like he said above, z32 is a good upgrade over stock, if your getting a front clip, then see if you can't swap the front brakes from the 180 over, iirc they are the biggest stock s13 brakes.
yea wont be getting a front clip as i dont need the whole front end jus motor trans etc... and as far as z32 brake upgrade, i would love to get er' done right off the bat but like i said will have to hold off on that for the time being cus it is out of my budget for the year..
any other suggestions that would benefit the swap? my plans after swap is suspension/steering components, brake upgrade, fmic/ bigger turbo (t28), larger injectors, upgrade engine managment... any ideas on engine managment? what are you guys running and how are you liking it?..
Old 09-26-2012, 01:57 AM   #6
Hellother
Zilvia Junkie

depending on your budget I would do suspension and brakes first. Then bolt ons I/e/etc.. Nistune is probably going t be your best bang for your buck. After that I'd enjoy the increases, and learn the car's as well as your limitations before thinking about steering (angle modifications I'm assuming?) or major power upgrades such as turbo's etc.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #7
s13silvia_etown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellother View Post
depending on your budget I would do suspension and brakes first. Then bolt ons I/e/etc.. Nistune is probably going t be your best bang for your buck. After that I'd enjoy the increases, and learn the car's as well as your limitations before thinking about steering (angle modifications I'm assuming?) or major power upgrades such as turbo's etc.
yeah thats probably the best now that i think of it.. i was told that if i do upgrade the turbo right when i do the swap (since everything is apart) prolly jus to go with the t28 from the notch tops and tune it to run lower boost for the time being until i can upgrade injectors and fmic and what not. im thinking i should jus save up money now and quick soo i can do as much as i can while i got the motor out.. im expecting the motor set to arrive in the next couple weeks soo ill probably have to skimp on my next cheque and save as much as i can to get parts ...either way id probably have to wait a bit longer for transit times on parts that need to be ordered and what not ...
thanks for the input, much appreciated!
Old 10-02-2012, 03:40 AM   #8
Hellother
Zilvia Junkie

meh s14 t28 is cool but imo s15 t28 is far superior. Might as well shell out the extra money. Either way the stock t25 on 12 pounds with bolt ons should have you in z33 range before tune. T28 is gonna be a good amount of power especially jumping from n/a ca. Get a wideband if you get the t28 so you can keep an eye on your a/f. And don't forget your suspension and brakes are only as good as the tires you buy. Fatteral's are pretty sticky if your going the grip route. Rsr I believe are the good ones, and they are very reasonably priced
Old 10-23-2012, 01:35 PM   #9
Zenki rida

Zenki rida is an unknown quantity at this point
i could give u a hand with a lot of that if your still looking for help
Zenki rida is offline   Reply With Quote