Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-31-2019, 10:52 PM   #121
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Silicone worked fine from header to manifold. Lasted an hour on the t2 flange. Back to square one. I'm going to cake high temp copper gasket on a t2 gasket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2019, 12:48 AM   #122
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
Myth busted.

Old 09-01-2019, 03:31 AM   #123
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Slapped this bitch together in a night. I used a 4 later t2 gasket with copper high temp rtv. Going to let cure for 24 hours before taking it out. I double-checked and made sure the studs were torqued down.

Old 09-01-2019, 02:03 PM   #124
S14rebuild
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
S14rebuild has much to be proud ofS14rebuild has much to be proud ofS14rebuild has much to be proud ofS14rebuild has much to be proud ofS14rebuild has much to be proud ofS14rebuild has much to be proud ofS14rebuild has much to be proud ofS14rebuild has much to be proud ofS14rebuild has much to be proud ofS14rebuild has much to be proud ofS14rebuild has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Ive tried all diffrent types of gaskets..the only one that has ever held up for me is a full copper gasket. Its 3/16 thick straight copper. Installed with lock washers on the bolts and never looked back.

Good luck solving the issuse..shit is annoying
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 12:27 PM   #125
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Ive tried all diffrent types of gaskets..the only one that has ever held up for me is a full copper gasket. Its 3/16 thick straight copper. Installed with lock washers on the bolts and never looked back.

Good luck solving the issuse..shit is annoying
I thought about it, but I had a 4 layer t2 gasket sitting on my bench. We shall see... I'm really hoping the inconel studs hold up. I torqued those studs into the manifold really well.

I didn't really take any photos, but small update I did wire in a relay and switch for my oil cooler on Labor day. I'm planning on running Villains Sportsland in a few weeks.
Old 09-06-2019, 01:17 AM   #126
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Tron's S13 Hatch // PNW

Sunset Cruise and burritos

Old 09-11-2019, 08:15 AM   #127
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Tron's S13 Hatch // PNW

Last Friday I received my Villains hydro kit. I bought the full $500 kit because I didn't want to waste time piecing together my own, plus I love supporting the Villains guys, Nate is one of the nicest people I've ever met.

On top of that, Villainssportsland is this weekend. I decided to slap a $30 underglow kit on the schassis. I need to add more ricer RGB to the car since I'm a PC gamer / twitch streamer!

I'll try and record random shenanigans from VSL VI and post it to Zilvia.