Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-28-2019, 02:16 PM   #121
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Dario shut the fuck up and give me your grey car.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2019, 09:22 PM   #122
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlz View Post
Killin it as always my guy! Love both cars.
Thanks, man. Just hoarding them before the prices rise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juusan View Post
Excellent taste in S-chassis automobiles dude. Love your MP Kouki on the LM's...sooo good!
It's always my least favorite...until I drive it. I actually stopped by body shop local to me and spoke with the owner. Gonna bring it back on Monday to see if I can have some work done to get the front panels aligned and what not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Dario shut the fuck up and give me your grey car.
There's a wait list lol.

...in more recent news, I have a pretty sizeable addition to this thread. Maybe I'll get pictures this weekend. Or maybe I'll forget to keep this thing updated.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:32 PM   #123
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
The LP2 Type X was sold.

If you guys REALLY knew all of the dumb, half-cooked decisions I make and where I end up after all of them, you'd probably shit your pants.
Old 05-17-2019, 03:44 AM   #124
dizzariot
Post Whore!

The LP2 Type X was sold.

If you guys REALLY knew all of the dumb, half-cooked decisions I make and where I end up after all of them, you'd probably shit your pants.

That being said, before the 180SX sold, I purchased an NA/auto S15. AJ4 with B-Package (blue interior) and one owner. Shortly thereafter the 180SX DID sell for EXACTLY my asking price...fuck me, right? Luckily a good friend of mine was looking to get into cars and had already told me how much he liked the AJ4 S15. I sold it to him for exactly what I paid. I must have used up all my good karma for 2019 because I managed to (after carefully calculating) not lose any money during this whole ordeal.

Here's where I've ended up:

Saturday. I watched this car for 2yrs. Was able to (with the help of a 3rd party) negotiate to where I could make this happen. Saturday.
Old 05-17-2019, 12:41 PM   #125
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Fuglychuki91 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
oh damn its getting real
Fuglychuki91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 01:14 PM   #126
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
That is a cool color combination.
Aqua Silver BN5? Very nice.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:13 AM   #127
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Yeah, man. BN5. According to GTRegistry, there were only 48 cars in the configuration mine came in. I know no one else cares, but it's cool to me. The color plays on the S13 Silvia's 'seafoam' and I really like it. Kind of suits that whole 80's 'I-do-cocaine-while-wearing-a-white-suit-in-Miami' vibe I like so much.

Hopefully I can get my car inspection done this week and get the suspension installed. I got HKS Hipermax coils and Cusco RUCA (Cusco passes Japanese inspection) to start off with. I also have a couple odds & ends I've been hoarding for this car (OEM 'duckbill' trunk lip, OEM sides, etc.). I've been driving it around town and it's amazing how different this car feels. I've tried to tell myself it's just my mind playing tricks, we'll see if it wears off. All the bad shit I said about the S15 (when I had a Spec S) Is nonexistent in the Spec R..but maybe that's just because this car appears to have been religiously maintained.

I'm sending a fucked up set of LMGT4s off to CA to get refinished. Hopefully before they come back I can have everything else sorted. The silver LMGT4s have tires on them already so I'll probably end up using them as-is as opposed to using the TE37SLs. I really want to unbox the SLs soon, though.

Pictures to follow if I get to installing parts this weekend...
Old 06-10-2019, 06:16 PM   #128
dizzariot
Post Whore!

...eh.

Too much rear camber. I need to roll the fenders and finally order smaller tires.

Old 06-13-2019, 11:52 AM   #129
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
That duo is so nice!
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 06:33 AM   #130
Green Arrow
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fyeahdude msglength
Green Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 06:50 PM   #131
spitfiredc7

spitfiredc7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow. Gorgeous color on the 15.
spitfiredc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 02:39 PM   #132
Zenki_559
Leaky Injector

Zenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of light
Thoroughly jealous. I recently visited Kadena AFB in Okinawa and seeing all the cool cars everyone drives blew my mind. Driving around base, seeing supras at the maintenance hangers, a pack of silvia's at the post office, jzx's everywhere, and too many skylines to count. Luck of the draw I guess, I've been at the same stateside base for 4 years now with no orders coming in the foreseeable future.
Zenki_559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 03:51 PM   #133
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
WOOOOOOOOOO this thing was well worth getting rid of the 180sx!
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 05:59 PM   #134
dizzariot
Post Whore!

I skip around a lot.

I got the HKS coils in and went to KTS for an alignment. I seriously can't say enough good things about this suspension. The car feels great. I've got a little bit of binding in the rear so I need to fuck with the preload but the car feels awesome on the road. I'm going to take almost all camber out in the rear once I roll the rear fenders. I have my tires chosen, but I'm trying to wait until I sell a couple things on the forum before I buy new tires.

I held off on getting my 'project' LMGT4s redone since I might be moving. I'm still torn between getting them done a custom color or going for white. I have bronze and silver so white would be the last color to say I've got all the 17" colors...besides finding Omori 17" wheels one day...

Still can't decide what to use. The bronze wheels are more of a trophy at this point. No one wants to pay what they're worth and I'm alright with that. I think that if I sold them for less because I was seeing dollar signs, I'd regret it. I thought someone was going to buy these but they backed out last minute. I was hoping to get some CE28SLs with the bronze wheels funds.

*brightness increased on pictures due to shitty weather.
* why is there a line through the top parts of the wheels...

I also got the connectors for my steering wheel so I finally have a horn button again. For some reason the SRS resistor isn't doing what it needs to do and I have a flashing SRS light. Any input? I disconnected the battery for about 20min and still nothing.

I recently got the OEM sideskirts painted and installed. Looks a little weird to me but I'm getting used to it. I don't like the OEM rear pods, and although I want an aero front bar I think it will look lame without an intercooler tucked behind it.

Speaking of intercoolers, I've been all over the board since I got to Japan as far as my goals. Get a nice, clean car and try to squeeze some more power out of it or just 'steal the base' by buying up clean examples while I still can. I've obviously leaned towards the latter. Suspension, maintenance, and cleaning.

I always knew 'car people' that thought they had to sell their cars as a sign of maturity or something. I ran into this a lot in the US whenever I'd pick up another S13 because it was always someone selling the car to 'move on' or 'get an adult car'. I remember buying my S14 fron a guy that was about my age currently, and he was selling it to get a G37 because he said it would look more 'professional'.

I think it's all in the styling. My cars are boring to most people, but I feel like people who really know Nissan cars will notice that it's:
- low enough to look alright, but not stupidly low
- got ill-fitting wheels, but doesn't cross the line into being ridiculous
- using OEM parts

When I was installing the coilovers on my car, a guy in his 40s walked over to my driveway. I've lived in my house close to 3yrs and never met this person. He brought me some old school Nissan brochures for Laurels, Gazelles, and of course Silvias. He told me he'd noticed all the S-Chassis cars I'd had, that he works at the Nissan factory in Oppama, and he wanted me to have these brochures as a gift...and that's the type of thing that makes me feel good about what I'm doing. I'd like to think that some dude with a clapped-out/fuccboi-spec car that would get 'all the IG likes' would've been ignored, but who knows. All I know is that the guy pointed out key things on my cars that typically only I notice, and it just felt great.

Last edited by dizzariot; 07-08-2019 at 06:43 PM..
dizzariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 07:26 PM   #135
silviamang
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
silviamang is making a name for him/her selfsilviamang is making a name for him/her selfsilviamang is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
1. Open door.
2. hold door switch
3. Put key into ignition and put it to on position
4. release and press door switch 5-7 times within 10 seconds.
5. turn car off
6. start car to verify its gone

nvm just send it all into oblivion and buy a 1 way ticket to florida. fucc
silviamang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 09:38 AM   #136
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Dario shut the fuck up and give me your S15.

Pretty much in the same boat with my LMGT4's. I know they're refinished, but still rare specs. S-chassis market has been weird as of late. Shitty cars are grossly overpriced and parts don't seem to move.

The S15 color is growing on me. I'm still jelly.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 05:33 PM   #137
itslehcim

itslehcim is an unknown quantity at this point
Read through the whole thread and just wanted to say love the s15 and your overall OEM style with the cars. Also that's really cool about the older guy coming by with the brochures, moments like that really make you appreciate having a clean car.
itslehcim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 06:00 PM   #138
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
That color is super cool. I dig this.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 03:49 PM   #139
tlieberman240
Leaky Injector

tlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud of
Cool cars. Shame you wouldn't just sell me your grey car so you could use the $$ and make them even cooler. Oh well.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:43 PM   #140
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlieberman240 View Post
Cool cars. Shame you wouldn't just sell me your grey car so you could use the $$ and make them even cooler. Oh well.
Tyler pls.

I got some things...some thingy things that are thingy...for the S15.

Drove the S13 up to Izu (4hr drive) and the AC shit out about 1hr in. I just got a replacement compressor in the mail so hopefully that fixes my problems.

I've been gathering some thingy things for the S15. Maybe I'll update this in a little bit...
Old 09-01-2019, 06:45 PM   #141
dizzariot
Post Whore!

To recap, I had the '89 Silvia Q's and the '96 Type X before I decided to get an S15. Since I was on a budget but valued a clean body more than anything, I opted for a SpecS in AJ4 w/B-Package interior. When my 180SX sold for my asking price, I offered to sell the SpecS to a friend that had recently taken an interest in cars. I sold it to him for exactly what I paid, and used that money and the 180SX money to get the SpecR.

We've been waiting for his parts to come in, and this week the last things showed up: the tires. His car is going to be simple since it will be his first lowered car and first venture into this 'car shit' in general. Here's what he has so far:

HKS Hipermax GTIV (bought used, saved more money than I did)
Cusco RUCA
215/45R17 Dunlop Direzza DZ101
17X9+22 Gram Lights 57CR (Gun Blue)

We essentially copy & pasted the same shit from my SpecR. With the exception of front camber plates, we knew this would all fit and get the car sitting right...so why bother changing the formula?

We decided to use the weekend before his tires arrived to get the suspension bits on. we dialed in the car and threw my OEM SpecR wheels on. He had purchased some 17x8+22 Buddy Club P1s to use while his Gram Lights were being produced but unfortunately they came with gigantic fucking snow tires so they wouldn't fit after the suspension install.

He knew I had purchased some BNIB S15 headlights and offered me the P1s in trade. When I got the SpecR it came with (clean) HID headlights so I no longer needed these BNIB ones...and to save myself from having to deal with the fucking morons in the marketplace, I agreed.

With the suspension somewhat evened out and the new headlights on, the car was looking like it rolled off the lot back in 2000. The OEM 'ducktail' is super underrated. I have one hanging around for my car. After seeing the side profile of his car lowered w/this wing I really want to get mine on...

Tires came in and we went to my local tire shop to get them mounted on the Gram Lights.

Got the wheels mounted, headed back to my house, and dialed in the suspension. We still need to roll his rear fenders, so when that's done I'll post the finished product.

Old 09-01-2019, 07:04 PM   #142
dizzariot
Post Whore!

When it comes to my car, not much has changed. After HKS USA and HKS Japan told me there were no compatible camber plate for my car, I kind of put it on the back burner. I ended up visiting N-Stage to get the AC checked on my S13 and Nabe-san told me that was weird. He called HKS and had front camber plates ordered within minutes.

Hard to tell here due to lighting, but it's a thousand times better.

I also got lucky with an OEM aero bumper. The bumper had EVERYTHING still on it. The previous owner had cut the bumper to fit a front mount, but did a super shitty job.

As soon as the bumper came in, I started working on smoothing it out. Here's what the (almost) finished product looks like:

Even though the fog light bracket isn't connected on the bottom, it still helps to hold the foglight when the plastic grille is inserted. Three points of contact still exist, and pairing it with the bracket it's good enough to hold. I wish I didn't care about the fog lights, because I'd just as soon cut these brackets out entirely...

If you know me (via the forum, duh) by now you know that I don't really care to modify my cars a ton. I wanted to just get the car to sit right, and maybe upgrade the radiator and open up the exhaust more. Still waiting on the latter, but I told myself enough bullshit to justify this:

BNIB Yashio Radiator. When I compared prices this was still the best deal, and it came with the sticker & instructions.

I've had the V2 Temp Gauge for a long time. It will eventually make its way into the S15. Everyone that knows me knows I've been looking for a BNIB V1 for the S13. I like how they would parallel each other: old Silvia gets V1 and new Silvia gets V2.

Funny story: I had both of these ChoroQ toys before I ever had the actual cars. The S15 toy is the SAME blue that my car is. Foreshadowing...

...and I'm still contemplating putting these NS5Rs on. I'm boring. I like silver wheels on my cars and I don't know why...

My friend is coming down for R's Meeting this year. Beyond getting some brake pads/rotors, the car will be the same until I figure some things out.
Old 09-01-2019, 07:12 PM   #143
dizzariot
Post Whore!

...OH AND THE AC ON THIS TURD SHIT OUT...AND THE PASSENGER WINDOW WON'T GO DOWN. KILL ME.

Old 09-01-2019, 11:30 PM   #144
gzus9
Leaky Injector

gzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the rough
Finally an update, these are all good looking cars.
gzus9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 05:16 PM   #145
dizzariot
Post Whore!

A lot has happened since my last post. I'll try to sum it up:

Cars are still the same. I don't have any gnarly plans for them, although the S13s are constantly a few beers away from the chopping block. I've started to look into what it would take to ship my 240SX from CA to Yokohama. I think that will be the deciding factor on whether or not I sell it in the US or bring it over. To be honest, the prospect of selling both S13s to fund a second S15 is very enticing. Obviously if money and space weren't a factor I'd keep all of my cars, but if I enroll in college (while working) and things keep going the way they're going, it's better to downsize and maybe finally squeeze an NSX into my life. Who knows.

S15 is still great. Due for an alignment, wheel change, aero bumper, and downpipe/exhaust install.

S13 AC and passenger's window are still broken. Window motor in-hand, AC system might need a full upgrade. Possibly reverting car back to OEM suspension/teardrops.

Moved into new house.

Started new job.

Went to Daikoku on Sunday for the first time with my father in-law.

Finaly found and bought 17" Omori LMGT4s.

Old 11-21-2019, 05:57 PM   #146
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
GOOD GOD. I need to make that move to Japan already. I NEEEED an s15 in my life.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:32 PM   #147
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_s13 View Post
GOOD GOD. I need to make that move to Japan already. I NEEEED an s15 in my life.
When they become available just spring for the SpecR. I think this is the first car I don't regret or have any problems with.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:32 PM   #148
silviamang
Zilvia Junkie

silviamang is making a name for him/her selfsilviamang is making a name for him/her selfsilviamang is making a name for him/her self
oh wow ok.
silviamang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 08:55 PM   #149
gzus9
Leaky Injector

gzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the roughgzus9 is a jewel in the rough
Dibs on the Omori when you sell
gzus9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 11:48 PM   #150
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviamang View Post
oh wow ok.
pls fkn fk off now pls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzus9 View Post
Dibs on the Omori when you sell
...HAVEN'T YOU TAKEN ENOUGH FROM ME ALREADY.