Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:24 AM   #91
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
if they did, they would had dropped the 390x bomb. amd is just basically just waiting for old gen to dry up a bit on stock.
You do realize that except for the 290x (Hawaii) AMD has been using the same GPU chips (Tahiti) for over four years now. Stock is not an issue especially considering how hard the amd gpu market cooled after ASIC machines became prevalent with mining.

seriously, AMD only has 25% of the video card market share, its really not as close of a competition as you think.

Quote:
who cares about krm 1440 ips. imagine if freesync wasn't there to cock block g-sync. they would have tried to standardized on monitors. every top end monitor will have g-sync and pay moar.
if nobody cared about the influx of korean ips panels then explain why monoprice decided to use them as rebrands for their monitor lineup? Ever seen how many were sold initially thru ebay??

or why did newegg start stocking them as well??? Ever been to overlord computers?

The enthusiast/gaming crowd wants three things; resolution, picture quality, and high hz rate.

those three things come first, a technology that aids in frame stutter is secondary at best.

and to further that point, take a look what the recent dx12, vulkan, opengl news has done to AMD's baby Mantle, it will be renamed and developed by Khronos

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9036/a...x12-and-glnext

The computer industry is constantly up and down, what is relevant one day can turn into something completely the next.

and then on the flip side of the fence you have Nvidia releasing physx source code
https://developer.nvidia.com/content...le-free-github
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2015, 10:36 PM   #92
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
huh??? stock is a issue. there would be overstock of older gen 28nm gpu not just the tahiti. it's just going to sit, if they push new gen out tonga, Trinidad, Granada, and Fiji.

imo no one cares. got rid of my qnix. I rocked 3 custom 120hz samys instead due to smaller bezels.

that link youre saying mantle paved the way for dx12? hah go amd.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 10:59 PM   #93
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
huh??? stock is a issue. there would be overstock of older gen 28nm gpu not just the tahiti. it's just going to sit, if they push new gen out tonga, Trinidad, Granada, and Fiji.
youre gonna have to be more specific bc I am lost on what you are trying to say.

Quote:
imo no one cares. got rid of my qnix. I rocked 3 custom 120hz samys instead due to smaller bezels.

that link youre saying mantle paved the way for dx12? hah go amd.
dx12 is microsoft. That article doesnt really point out the whole picture w/ mantle

amd pushed mantle off to khronos to use for their vulkan api, amd has contracts still w/ companies to provide mantle support over the next year or so but after that it remains to be seen what happens w/ it.

in the hands of khronos it will become an open standard that will help w/ performance for older gaming standards
http://www.overclock.net/t/1544720/e...api-vr-efforts
Old 03-10-2015, 07:29 PM   #94
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
amd pretty much said mantle is probably going to phase out. it does the same thing as dx12. mantle pretty much paved the way and pushed out dx12.

Quote:
Although AMD has had unexpected success with developers adopting Mantle, it was unlikely to become a standard without the support of its chief competitor Nvidia. When Microsoft announced DirectX 12, which adopted features of Mantle, AMD's API looked to be a technological dead end
http://www.pcworld.com/article/28940...successor.html

Quote:
The future of AMD's Mantle API is not clear, but to be frank it may have already served it's purpose. The development of DirectX 12 and Vulcan have undoubtedly been heavily influenced by Mantle, both have focused on the main inefficiencies of OpenGL and DirectX 11 which Mantle had addressed, so now is maybe the time for AMD to back away from the API game.
http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/..._may_be_dead/1

Quote:
DX12’s Threading Model Resembles that of AMD’s API, Mantle
http://wccftech.com/dx12-revealed-compared-dx11/

so, you can thanks amd. now we can have dx12 for free.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:28 PM   #95
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

ok??? not really sure what point youre trying to make but sure.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:42 PM   #96
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

its all about leading the way bro. ahah go amd!

also
rumor flying around is 390x is looking like the top card for this year.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:04 AM   #97
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Vulkan seems to be using Mantle in it's demo's.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:40 PM   #98
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

another great news

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/mic...ulti-gpus.html

Quote:
It's not exactly new news, but Microsoft actually confirms it at this stage. Microsoft technical support states that DirectX 12 will support “multi-GPU configurations between Nvidia and AMD.” Something we call Asynchronous Multi-GPU Capabilities.

This is shown on a screenshot published over at LinusTechTips. No requirements or further details were listed though. With such a setup you could mix Nvidia and AMD cards in tandem to render your games. There is a massive issue though. Lots of the optimization work for the spreading of workloads is left to the developers – the game studios. The same went for older APIs, though, and DirectX 12 is intended to be much friendlier.F frame buffers (GPU memory) won't necessarily need to be mirrored anymore. In older APIs, in order to benefit from multiple GPUs, you'd have the two work together, each one rendering an alternate frame (AFR). This required both to have all of the texture and geometry data in their frame buffers, meaning that despite having two cards with 4 GB of memory, you'd still only have a 4 GB frame buffer.

Microsoft developers stated the upcoming DirectX 12 API could deliver an up-to 20 percent higher frame rate in games and a decrease in CPU utilization as well.
so, dope! hopefully NVidia doesn't cock block it.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:51 AM   #99
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
^An r9 290 and a 970 would be a deadly combo. I just can't see Nvidia allowing it.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 06:56 PM   #100
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

RIP ref.cf290x....still had so much gaming life left too. since dx12 games still haven't made its way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSz16ngdsG0

already have a new matx build 4790k/armored gryphon with fury x on the way. a new case thermaltake core x2.1. no open custom loop this time. I still have the behemoth core x9 case for zen 2016/2017 build.
[IMG][/IMG]

will have to get the fury x2 when its released and shop for a Korean 4k ips monitor.

anyways, 300 and fury series have dropped their price. go red!
Old 12-13-2015, 11:49 PM   #101
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

some overclocking with sapphire trixx.

firestrike extreme

stock 4790k/ furyx 1075/525 no voltage. I can oc w/o touching voltage and running stable @ 1150/525. @ 1160 I got artifacts. haven't really push memory beyond at 25+mhz.
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/9721273?

stock 4790k/ 1175/525 w/ +36voltage stable. feels like I could oc more. maybe later.
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/9721485?

also got the Korean VA panel 4k monitor.
Old 12-14-2015, 12:35 AM   #102
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
I need help. My rig is dead and I need to play Overwatch on PC. Looking to piece a rig together for under 1k..... is that possible?

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 06:46 PM   #103
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

very very possible. just re-use that's not broken like psu, memory, hd, case etc.

look at the game requirement. its not that demanding.

Minimum (targeting 30fps):
•Operating system: Windows Vista/7/ 8/10 64-bit (latest Service Pack)
•Processor: Intel Core i3 or AMD Phenom X3 865
•Video: Nvidia GeForce GTX 460, ATI Radeon HD 4850, or Intel HD Graphics 4400
•Memory: 768 MB VRAM, 4 GB System RAM
•Storage: 7200 RPM with 5 GB available HD space

Recommended (targeting 60fps on Medium settings):
•Operating system: Windows Vista/7/ 8/10 64-bit (latest Service Pack)
•Processor: Intel Core i5 or AMD Phenom II X3, 2.8 GHz
•Video: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 or ATI Radeon HD 7950
•Memory: 2 GB VRAM, 6 GB System RAM
•Storage: 7200 RPM with 5 GB available HD space

check this good gamer build and under 1k. http://pcpartpicker.com/b/NmsJ7P
Old 12-15-2015, 06:41 PM   #104
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
What happened to the 290x's?
Old 12-21-2015, 08:00 PM   #105
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

one day I was I cleaning it, redo my hoses and flush w/ new pre-mix. put it all back together and screen wouldn't turn on after boot up. tested each card did the same thing.
but, I might have to recheck it again. or maybe I just wanted a new rig. heh

soo, tempted right now to buy another furyx. cause a single furyx struggles with 3840x2160. what current single card doesn't?

maybe this?
http://wccftech.com/amd-greenland-14...ction-q2-2016/
Old 12-22-2015, 12:33 PM   #106
Future240
Future Moderator

Ah the eternal debate. Buy it now or wait for the next one to come out.

I'm holding my excitement. I was so ready for the fury series then disappointed when the benchmark hit. It is a great card, but I guess I was expecting more. I was wanting it to blow the 980Ti out of the water. I figured it would be below the r9 295x2 but above the 980TI.

I really really really hope these new Zen processors and the new GPU's win back some much needed market share for AMD.
Old 12-22-2015, 08:24 PM   #107
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

it's really do to the lack of dx12 and I believe they limited Fiji/hbm1 to only 4gb. also it came way too late.

AMD’s own illustrations show eight individual HBM cubes stacked on the same interposer as the processor. In Nvidia’s Pascal test vehicle we can also see that there’s still room left even with a large GPU to add at least four more memory cubes. So the area of the interposer is certainly not a technical limitation.

AMD APUs Carrizo APU Stacked MemoryThe technical limitation would have to lie somewhere else. As we’ve discussed above, each 1GB cube of HBM delivers 128GB/S of bandwidth through a 1024bit wide interface. So AMD would need to design Fiji XT with a 8192bit memory interface to leverage the bandwidth of 8 HBM cubes. The issue here believe it or not is that 8GB of HBM equate to 1 Terabyte of bandwidth. And for a GPU like Fiji XT with 4096 stream processors half of that bandwidth would go to waste. So from a logical standpoint it would make no sense for AMD to design a GPU that can’t utilize more than half of the available bandwidth.

http://wccftech.com/fiji-xt-limited-4gb-memory/

same level as the 1tb the rumor bandwidth spec of arctic islands.

but, i'll be doing the same thing. if zen and 400 series blows the competition. then i'll have a new home for it w/ this....

i'll sell my core x9 case. it's just way too big.
Old 12-23-2015, 01:01 PM   #108
Future240
Future Moderator

Agreed. If the Fury series would have dropped before the 980ti we would have all been blown away. Now its like meh.

I need Zen to equal at least 4690K single core performance for preferable cheaper. I want zen to do to the CPU market what the 290x and 970 did for the GPU market.

That is a balling ass case. I'm much simpler. I have a Fractal Design R4 for my eventual big build and a Corsair Carbide 100r for a M-ATX build.
Old 12-27-2015, 03:44 AM   #109
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

did some late night ashes of the singularity benchmark. 4xmaa at heavy got more fps

4xmaa at heavy got more fps then maa off. weird.

Last edited by BOROSUN; 12-27-2015 at 05:17 AM..
Old 06-29-2016, 02:49 PM   #110
Future240
Future Moderator

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10446/...rx-480-preview

I see one of these in my future soon.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:25 PM   #111
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
I watched a couple of reviews for the 480 this morning. Not bad bang for the buck.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 08:09 PM   #112
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

me too...
waiting for the AIB with 8pins and better cooling. the reference coolers are really crappy.
Old 07-02-2016, 08:13 PM   #113
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
I think ek is already working on a water block for the reference cards.
Old 07-03-2016, 12:05 AM   #114
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

http://videocardz.com/61794/sapphire...iled-some-more

sapphire's AIB...480 nitro

most important to me feature is the front 8pin connection. for those who have the corsair air 240 its a savior.

480 has shown to beat nano at some benches. newer games and drivers will probably walk all over it as it matures.
Old 07-03-2016, 03:49 PM   #115
Future240
Future Moderator

As long as the partner cards keep the price down I am looking to get two of these.
Old 07-03-2016, 04:38 PM   #116
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

What's the deal with the reported over wattage on the 480s? Seen some articles saying it pulled as much 190w, 95w over the pcie slots.
Even though I've been in IT for 18 years, I'll admit I haven't been keeping up with hardware. Hell, last pc I built was back in 2009. I'm still using it.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:05 AM   #117
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

from my understanding it was only a minor problem (which gave fuel to NVidia fanboys)... tomshardware recorded some split second spikes which was occurring high draw loads. the draw from the 6pin was exceeding its TDP but is not a real problem due to psu side can handle a butt load of watts. the only main concern was, exceeding pcie mobo on stock 480 setting. the draw OCed especially was higher. but, most modern mobo will hard shut down if it does hit those current safety line margins.

it was really blown out of proportion and confusion, from tomshardware and when one guy reported trashed his ancient crappy mobo with his crappy psu / ex780 NVidia user. it was really an isolated incident, for all we know the dude could have been a NVidia infiltrator synth spreading lies. but, there's a ton of rx480 users that don't have that problem. plus amd already is working on a fix.

I'm still planning to buy AIB 480 card. maybe buy 2 and overclock the hellout of it. then give it to my son when zen & 490 comes out.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:09 AM   #118
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Figures. Can't wait to see what Zen can do. Haven't done an all amd build in a long time.
Old 07-04-2016, 04:42 AM   #119
Future240
Future Moderator

I just hope Zen is not another bulldozer.....
Old 07-04-2016, 05:37 AM   #120
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
I just hope Zen is not another bulldozer.....
It will be. I have sock in AMD but it was bought out of desperation than anything else.

Still rockin' the 2500k from that letdown and expect more of the same from Zen.
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote