Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Group Buys

Group Buys Dedicated Forum for Group Buys.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:10 PM   #1
addicted2sp33d
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
addicted2sp33d is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to addicted2sp33d
Wilwood/350Z Track Edition BBK

Hi Zilvia,

Wanted to see if I could find 4 other S-Chassis owners to go into a group buy with me on a Wilwood/350Z Track Edition Rotor Kit.

For this prototype group the price will be $785.00, must be paid up front. If we can't get 5-prototype buyers together, we might not be able to do this.

Kit will be a bolt-on kit:
  • 2x Wilwood Superlite Calipers (Wilwood Part 120-11128)
  • 4x BP-10 Wilwood Pads
  • 2x 350Z Track Edition Rotor, 4 or 5 lug, drilled and/or slotted (328mm)
  • 2x Custom Mounting Brackets to properly place the Wilwood Caliper/Pad on the rotor.
  • 2x Custom Braided Lines with fittings
  • All Hardware (bolts, washers, etc.) needed for installation
The custom brackets and braided lines will be manufactured by Silvermine Motors; it is basically their standard 350Z Rotor kit, Click Here. except with a Wilwood Caliper instead of a Z32 caliper, and different mounting brackets.

I'll keep track of interest here. They won't need funds until we decide to move forward with this, but the key is we need to get at least 4-more prototype buyers.

1. addicted2sp33d

Thanks for looking!

addicted2sp33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2014, 01:28 PM   #2
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
This thread/GB has my approval.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:37 PM   #3
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
I have a VERY similar setup. I'll post a pic when I get home
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:53 PM   #4
Sideways_In_SD
Leaky Injector

Sideways_In_SD is making a name for him/her selfSideways_In_SD is making a name for him/her self
My name is Warren, and I approve this message

Sideways_In_SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:36 PM   #5
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Why don't you just sell brackets like someone else did? 785 isn't a bad price though. I would buy it if they only cleared my wheels :/
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:50 AM   #6
addicted2sp33d
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark123 View Post
Why don't you just sell brackets like someone else did? 785 isn't a bad price though. I would buy it if they only cleared my wheels :/
I'm not selling anything myself - I don't get any cut of the sales.

This Group Buy came-about because I wanted to design a 13" BBK for my own S14 with the following criteria:
  • 13" slotted rotor
  • Better value than the full Brembo setup or some other $2k - $3k BBK from a Name Brand.
  • Lower cost of "consumables" - e.g. rotor / pads, so OEM where possible
I arrived at the Wilwood/350Z TE rotor with these criteria, and contacted Silver Mine Motors to see if they had such a setup/kit.

Silver Mine said they didn't have exactly what I was looking-for, but if I could get 4 other people who would prototype with me, they could put a kit together and eventually sell the kit at a full "retail" price.

The Prototype group is actually getting some significant cost savings that future buyers will not see.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:58 AM   #7
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
inopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
would this package be available without rotors? being that they are 350z/available everywhere. does the price include shipping charges?
inopsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:12 PM   #8
hobbs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
hobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the roughhobbs is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Why not just purchase one of the already available conversion brackets and make your own kit? A guy over on the Nissan road race forum does group buys for these brackets, everything else is easily purchased from online retailers and to be honest I believe it's cheaper than what silver mine is charging you for a 'group buy' price.
hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:37 PM   #9
addicted2sp33d
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs View Post
Why not just purchase one of the already available conversion brackets and make your own kit? A guy over on the Nissan road race forum does group buys for these brackets, everything else is easily purchased from online retailers and to be honest I believe it's cheaper than what silver mine is charging you for a 'group buy' price.
I went to NRRF first and didn't find what I was looking-for.

Def's kit/bracket uses a 2-piece 12.2" rotor. It's a great kit at a reasonable price, but it uses a smaller diameter (but thicker) rotor, instead of an off-the-shelf rotor. His kit is definitely on my backup list if this Group Buy doesn't happen, but he doesn't have any Group Buys or kits right now - parts only.

2fass240us hasn't responded to my PMs and does not have any ongoing group buys or brackets available from what I found over there.

Old 04-23-2014, 02:54 PM   #10
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
it's not Def's kit.

http://nissanroadracing.com/showthre...t=350z+wilwood

Def is starting another group buy in the next week, he ways.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:38 PM   #11
jt1583
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
jt1583 is making a name for him/her selfjt1583 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Anything happen with this? I could be interested
jt1583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 02:12 PM   #12
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
it's not Def's kit.

http://nissanroadracing.com/showthre...t=350z+wilwood

Def is starting another group buy in the next week, he ways.
The Group buy was setup a few days ago if anyone is interested!
Old 07-12-2014, 10:19 AM   #13
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
inopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
this kit is cheaper than defs kit ($1040 vs $785) and uses 350z rotors available everywhere vs the 2 piece wilwood rotors
inopsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:54 AM   #14
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Def uses 2 piece circle track rotors, so you can pretty much get them anywhere. However yes, no Advanced auto, etc. to purchase circle track rotors but if you are tracking your car, you SHOULD be inspecting the rotors ever so often, so if you do have to order rotors, you should have plenty of time to swap them in...........or you can just buy several sets of rotors as they are fairly cheap to purchase.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:53 AM   #15
S-Chassis ftw

S-Chassis ftw is an unknown quantity at this point
Buy the ArizonaZCar kit. Costs $800 and comes with everything. 4 pistons of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S-Chassis ftw is offline   Reply With Quote