Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-19-2015, 11:05 PM   #31
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
S13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
The s13 flares actually sit pretty close. there are a couple of small areas where the curvatures are different enough to try and trim/cut/rebuild to fit better. the main area of issue is the gas door cut out. until that's fixed i can't even open the s14 door
Old 05-01-2015, 05:35 PM   #32
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

S13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of light
HKS cams finally arrived. Only took about 6 months..........hated that waiting game. Motor should be done very soon. Then wiring and a bit more metal work. Holding out for something special.......but will continue on until I either get denied or it comes through.

second set of wheels are almost done. pic of the rears

VRwheels always comes through with quality work
Old 05-01-2015, 09:05 PM   #33
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Jaw dropped when I saw those wheels...
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 12:03 AM   #34
lowerclass

Trader Rating: (0)
lowerclass is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
oh wowzers this is something interesting!!
lowerclass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 02:01 AM   #35
lowerclass

lowerclass is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought a bezel and an entire headlight from japan.. I'm going to see if I can't just cut down the bezels, but them in, and then do a retrofit maybe maybe. This thread gives me so many inspirations dude!
lowerclass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:04 AM   #36
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
That wheels collection is something magical. Respect!
Old 07-23-2015, 10:32 PM   #37
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

this build is literally at a stand still until the new aero arrives. until then........

the VS mesh in the middle is having the lips re-coated to match the LM and rear VS lips.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:52 AM   #38
Counteract
Leaky Injector

Counteract is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13project View Post
The s13 flares actually sit pretty close. there are a couple of small areas where the curvatures are different enough to try and trim/cut/rebuild to fit better. the main area of issue is the gas door cut out. until that's fixed i can't even open the s14 door
Rip that shit out, fibreglass it up and do this:

The V2 kit looks amazing on this. My friend is currently fitting the V1 to his JDM Kouki kitted S14A. He found the rear arches a struggle to fit nicely.
Counteract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:24 AM   #39
Apex Eight
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Apex Eight is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
h o r y s h e t
Apex Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:14 PM   #40
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counteract View Post
The V2 kit looks amazing on this. My friend is currently fitting the V1 to his JDM Kouki kitted S14A. He found the rear arches a struggle to fit nicely.
For some reason I thought the V1 rear bits would have lined up better.......as I type this I realize they were both to fit the same car so why would they sit any different when it comes to the fuel door.

New aero is for s14 so no worries about fitment issues anymore. Trying to stay patient until it arrives and I can start test fitting it.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:56 PM   #41
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

engine bay is ready for the motor

and of course thats when the new aero arrives

once the boss is fitted, the motor can get dropped in so piping and fuel can be finalized plus wiring. then out for paint. words make it sound so easy......wish it was, but then it wouldnt be half as fun.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:05 PM   #42
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Bay looks dope
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 04:35 AM   #43
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
This build! And this BBS's! My friend you have something amazing going on here keep it up.
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 03:41 AM   #44
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Super RSs wont be staying on the car much longer. They are only 9.5-6 and 11.5-6. Once the new wheels are out of powdercoating and in my hands they will get mounted up. 9.5-30 and 11.5-30 should fit spot on.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:23 AM   #45
_tony_s13

_tony_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
damn!!!!! looks amazing man
_tony_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 11:12 AM   #46
drewr4411
Zilvia Junkie

drewr4411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cant hate on it. The front end looks great on that car man.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:17 PM   #47
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews

I wasn't expecting this when I opened this thread!

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 02:41 AM   #48
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks guys. I'm glad to have finally settled on the aero. I really liked the other ideas, but it just felt like they weren't finished versions of what I was after. Still have a good bit of work to do before it will be ready to shakedown......should be rather fun once it is.
Old 12-16-2015, 11:59 PM   #49
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

and they fit pretty damn well

Old 12-28-2015, 11:44 PM   #50
flores.rudy22
Leaky Injector

flores.rudy22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Super clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
flores.rudy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 11:53 PM   #51
Ronald_Mcdonald
Zilvia Member

Ronald_Mcdonald is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ronald_Mcdonald
Quote:

More info on this...?

Also, judging by the test fit of the wheels, this is going to look great.
Old 12-30-2015, 07:25 AM   #52
drewr4411
Zilvia Junkie

drewr4411 is an unknown quantity at this point
more updates what's going on now?
Old 01-04-2016, 10:28 PM   #53
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

That is the HeatShield Lava fiber cloth with adhesive backing. Comes in two different thicknesses. Was pretty easy to manipulate into and over the firewall.

As for whats going on now

Exhaust manifold wrapped with HeatShield Lava fiber. Got the DM exhaust manifold studs installed. Very time consuming as these are much beefier and not the "one time use" like the OEM ones. Plus they are shorter which makes mounting aftermarket manifolds a good bit easier. Slowly putting the motor back together. Waiting on shims for the exhaust side to finish up the cam install. Will probably throw the motor in before thats done since still easy to do on car.

Once the motor is in its off to get custom wiring harness since I don't know exactly which model/year the motor came out of. If I knew I would hit up Panic Wire as he does some damn good work. Wish Wiring Specialties did the 1jzVVTi but again would need to know model/year for accurate harness.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:29 PM   #54
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Still need to clean up the intake manifold and get the valve covers powdercoated......so much left to do.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:39 AM   #55
Cheaptalon

Cheaptalon is an unknown quantity at this point
This really took a turn from page one. I am more of a factory body guy, but I'll reserve my judgement for once the kit gets painted. Work looks top notch!
Cheaptalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 10:39 PM   #56
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Been a minute since last update. Went off for an out of country adventure then after returning home there was a family emergency. Been a busy January.

Intake manifold after hours of scrubbing and cleaning

And the new rear spoiler showed up
Old 01-27-2016, 12:42 AM   #57
Heywood Jablomie
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Heywood Jablomie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If you haven't already sent for a wiring harness I'd hit up Mark Panic, dude knows his shit probably better than anyone in the business when it comes to wiring jdm motors, he'll know what the motor is out of. He did my harness for my late model vvti 1j swap and its perfect.
Heywood Jablomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 11:23 AM   #58
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

PanicWire is amazing. He did the wiring for my 1JZ VVTi MX83 and a friends 1.5JZ SC300. Perfect PnP from day one. Mark is very good at what he does.
Old 02-08-2016, 02:33 AM   #59
EnvisionMore
Leaky Injector

EnvisionMore is an unknown quantity at this point
Amazing build so far. More updates when you fit the motor in!
EnvisionMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 05:26 PM   #60
Heywood Jablomie
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Heywood Jablomie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
PanicWire is amazing. He did the wiring for my 1JZ VVTi MX83 and a friends 1.5JZ SC300. Perfect PnP from day one. Mark is very good at what he does.
Nice, still have it? Traded my s13 a while back and built a 6 speed 1j x8, sedans are the shit.
Anyways, this car is gonna be rad, diggin the heat shield cloth on the firewall and the chaser lights. Keep up the good work!
Heywood Jablomie is offline   Reply With Quote