Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-20-2020, 02:02 PM   #13561
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdlong View Post
Nothing is ever set in stone, but I doubt there will be a factory turbo version, the car is just too low volume to justify multiple engine choices. Luckily, Ascents and turbo Outbacks are showing up at wrecker yards in large enough numbers that you can make it turbo if you so desire. Stock for stock, it's 32 more HP, and almost 100 more lb-ft of torque (+93lb-ft). The Ascent version has 10.6:1 CR so something in there is different. I'd guess pistons if I had to put some money on it, and they're probably less robust.
You'd think they'd just give it the WRX engine then? I've heard some people say that a turbo would add $15K to the BRZ price tag, but the WRX is turbo, AWD, has 4-doors and as of right now $1K cheaper...

Looking up the BRZ MSRP I just found this...

Subaru Explains Why The 2022 BRZ Still Doesn't Have A Turbo

Subaru PR chief Dominick Infante explained to Road & Track why the company kept the naturally aspirated engine - for performance.

According to Infante, bringing the 2.4-liter's turbocharger from the Ascent to the BRZ would be detrimental to the car's overall performance. Subaru mounts the turbocharger on the bottom of the mill, which would have raised the car's center of gravity because the mill would sit higher. Adding a turbocharger would also increase the car's weight due to the added hardware needed while bumping up the price. The higher center of gravity and added weight would have hurt its handling.

https://www.motor1.com/news/455452/s...ains-no-turbo/

What a bunch of absolute BS from that Subaru PR chief... I think some of you were right in that Subaru/ Toyota dosen't want the BRZ/ GR86 taking sales away from the 4cyl Supra/ WRX.
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2020, 02:33 PM   #13562
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
I don't know how you'd raise the center of gravity given every obvious location for the turbo is basically sitting on the skip plate. High mount turbo placements mostly require a bunch of extra exhaust runs and real tight intake bends. The only advantage is gravity draining the oil to the pan.

Old 11-20-2020, 05:45 PM   #13563
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanSayWhat View Post
Subaru Explains Why The 2022 BRZ Still Doesn't Have A Turbo

Subaru PR chief Dominick Infante explained to Road & Track why the company kept the naturally aspirated engine - for performance.

According to Infante, bringing the 2.4-liter's turbocharger from the Ascent to the BRZ would be detrimental to the car's overall performance. Subaru mounts the turbocharger on the bottom of the mill, which would have raised the car's center of gravity because the mill would sit higher. Adding a turbocharger would also increase the car's weight due to the added hardware needed while bumping up the price. The higher center of gravity and added weight would have hurt its handling.

https://www.motor1.com/news/455452/s...ains-no-turbo/

What a bunch of absolute BS from that Subaru PR chief... I think some of you were right in that Subaru/ Toyota dosen't want the BRZ/ GR86 taking sales away from the 4cyl Supra/ WRX.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
I don't know how you'd raise the center of gravity given every obvious location for the turbo is basically sitting on the skip plate. High mount turbo placements mostly require a bunch of extra exhaust runs and real tight intake bends. The only advantage is gravity draining the oil to the pan.
Ya, I remember seeing that AVO turbo kit and how it not only fits, but also clears the skid plate. Just another BS excuse from Subaru/ Toyota.

First it was "the FRS/BRZ/GT86 chassis isn't designed for more hp" (which everyone knows is BS). Now it's "we'd have to raise the engine and the car would handle worse". What a bunch of lemon lames.
Old 11-20-2020, 06:38 PM   #13564
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Well BRZ is out then.

Still looking at getting a 2020 Q50 next year when the 2022 models hit.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 06:39 PM   #13565
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Well BRZ is out then.

Still looking at getting a 2020 Q50 next year when the 2022 models hit.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:05 PM   #13566
Future240
Future Moderator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I6avlSIxO8
Old 11-22-2020, 05:41 PM   #13567
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

God willing, the Toyota version will have a better looking front bumper...

The rendering/ test car front end looks, so much better than the BRZ:

Old 11-24-2020, 05:46 PM   #13568
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
It will be turbo they said.... Bwa ha ha ha.

Japanese literally don't want to make cool cars. Period.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 09:22 AM   #13569
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
It will be turbo they said.... Bwa ha ha ha.
Japanese literally don't want to make cool cars. Period.
you were saying. . . . . ?

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 01:24 PM   #13570
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
you were saying. . . . . ?

Did I stutter?

A. Nissan has yet to release the 370Z MK2
B. It's not exactly a good looking or impressive car.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 04:07 PM   #13571
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
B. It's not exactly a good looking or impressive car.
gonna argue... best looking post 90s Z has designed period! also, unlike every other manufacturer under the sun going fully automatic, nissan is giving us a twin turbo Z in stick!

the new Z, at least in my eyes, is probably the best AFFORDABLE japanese RWD sportscar post 2000s that has come along.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 04:37 PM   #13572
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
the new Z, at least in my eyes, is probably the best AFFORDABLE japanese RWD sportscar post 2000s that has come along.
True that. Sad that a turbo rwd car with a manual transmission is such a rare thing these days.
Old 11-25-2020, 05:55 PM   #13573
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
do we know how much it costs already? I'm waiting on more info. personally I think the ND is already a great sports car as long as you're not chasing fastest lap times. almost picked one up last month.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 04:47 PM   #13574
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

I've always been a fan of the Miata, but it's not really the best car for someone who's 6'3". There's also the "why not just get an S2K" thought as well.

Speaking of the S2K... The new BRZ/ GR86 definitely missed the mark as an S15 Spec R contender, but it's actually pretty close to an AP2 S2K now. It's down by almost 10 hp/tq, but is barely lighter and does offer a lot more room compared to an S2K.

Also, saw the front end of the new GT3 on Speedhunters... I feel like the front bumper looks more "Japanese" than anything Japan is putting out (lol):
Old 11-27-2020, 01:27 AM   #13575
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
a low mileage ap2 would probably be more or less the price of new brz/nd. I think the ap2 is more of an aquired taste. would be fun on the track but I'd struggle to enjoy it as a road car.

gt3 looks great and glad it gets a 6spd manual. excited to see the new gt4rs and hope it gets released in the US. one of the best things about a gt4 is they barely depreciate.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 11:47 AM   #13576
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Quote:

Also, saw the front end of the new GT3 on Speedhunters... I feel like the front bumper looks more "Japanese" than anything Japan is putting out (lol):
I can't look at that without seeing this

Quote:

Last edited by brndck; 12-01-2020 at 02:00 PM..
Old 11-30-2020, 08:21 PM   #13577
Mikey213
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (-1)
Mikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really nice
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

I'll take the Hummer EV, thanks!

Last edited by Mikey213; 11-30-2020 at 08:32 PM.. Reason: picture
Mikey213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 08:57 PM   #13578
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Quote:
I can't look at that without seeing this
I think it would look better with the grill area paint matched.

It kind of has "hints" of the Voltex AP2 front bumper:
Old 12-02-2020, 07:06 AM   #13579
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
I think it would look better with the grill area paint matched.

It kind of has "hints" of the Voltex AP2 front bumper:

Speaking of S2K, rumors of a revival are swirling again. I have a hard time believing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2020, 08:34 AM   #13580
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
I'll never understand Honda's commitment to fwd. They make pick ups and full-size cars. They could easily be category leaders but they're insistent on pushing out 6.5/10 fwd vehicles.
Old 12-02-2020, 08:54 AM   #13581
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
I'll never understand Honda's commitment to fwd. They make pick ups and full-size cars. They could easily be category leaders but they're insistent on pushing out 6.5/10 fwd vehicles.
SERIOUSLY.

if honda made a range of RWD k-series powered sedans, i'd have a H in my driveway.

Quote:
Old 12-02-2020, 09:04 AM   #13582
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Imagine what k powered american made mini trucks and smaller work vans would do to the market here. Fuck a v6 silverado single cab short bed or a chicken taxed sprinter or transit.
Old 12-02-2020, 02:45 PM   #13583
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I don't think anyone in America wants a tiny truck. The smallest trucks now are still the size of a CR90 Corellian Corvette with a wifi package.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 04:46 PM   #13584
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

I'm talking about people that use their trucks for more than rolling coal and weaving through traffic like a 19 year old I'm mom's minivan.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:03 PM   #13585
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
SERIOUSLY.

if honda made a range of RWD k-series powered sedans, i'd have a H in my driveway.
If they made a RWD K anything. Can you imagine the engine in the new Type R in a RWD config without the boy racer styling? Sedan or coupe I'd be all over it.
Old 12-02-2020, 10:29 PM   #13586
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Quote:
I'm talking about people that use their trucks for more than rolling coal and weaving through traffic like a 19 year old I'm mom's minivan.
Man, you see people on the highways over here doing 100mph+ in lifted trucks through heavy traffic... I don't even get how the trucks can physically do it.

Douchebags rolling coal is pretty bad out here as well. Easily the dumbest shit in the world. I don't get how it's not the same as "Assault With Caustic Chemicals", or some shit like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Can you imagine the engine in the new Type R in a RWD config without the boy racer styling? Sedan or coupe I'd be all over it.
That would be pretty cool.

If they do make a new rwd car, I hope they don't ruin it by having some sort of traction/ stability control that you can't completely turn off.
Old 12-03-2020, 12:14 AM   #13587
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
I don't think anyone in America wants a tiny truck. The smallest trucks now are still the size of a CR90 Corellian Corvette with a wifi package.
You'd be surprised. There's a reason why cars like the NV200 and Transit sell pretty well. Not to mention older compact trucks maintain their value as well due to the demand they have. Especially in SoCal.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:14 AM   #13588
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
You'd be surprised. There's a reason why cars like the NV200 and Transit sell pretty well. Not to mention older compact trucks maintain their value as well due to the demand they have. Especially in SoCal.
Hell yeah, I spent a good amount of time trying to look for just a single-cab Tacoma (anything 90s-00s) for a daily. I'm not seeing anything less than $5k for anything remotely 'fair condition' and less than 200k miles.
Old 12-03-2020, 10:42 AM   #13589
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

I think full size pick ups should require a commercial license. Too many people driving them for no reason. Bring back classic Dakota, Tacoma, S10, Pup, etc midsize and compact trucks. Not fancy feature rich monster trucks, bullet proof trucks that reliably get the job done.
Old 12-03-2020, 11:01 AM   #13590
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Bring back classic Dakota, Tacoma, S10, Pup, etc midsize and compact trucks. Not fancy feature rich monster trucks, bullet proof trucks that reliably get the job done.
But then how would they let everyone know about their penile insecurity?

If anything, they should have to register those roll coal brotheur trucks as emotional support vehicles.