Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-13-2018, 11:39 AM   #31
PatPs13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
PatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Good read, looking forward to that update!
PatPs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2018, 12:02 PM   #32
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Fuglychuki91 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thumbs up

Thanks man!
Fuglychuki91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 07:29 PM   #33
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Progress is being made although slowly due to life haha and owning two s13’s. Which brings me to the point that I will periodically update this thread with stuff about the other car aswell but the point of this thread is mainly focused on the red hatch.

So, I left off with my block and crank being dropped off at the machine shop. It’s been around two weeks now and I haven’t heard anything back so I’m still patiently waiting on that. The head is pretty much done officially. All I did to it was change the valve seals and exhaust studs to er spec and have the head milled.
I stripped my old spare valve cover and shaved the letters and painted it wrinkle black. I think it came out pretty rad even though it’s basic haha

I took something’s to work and cleaned them up. Mainly the lower timing cover, rear main housing and the pick up tube. I then replaced the front crank seal and rear main seal with oem seals.
Cleaned everything up and gave some of the stuff a shot of that aluminum spray paint just to kind of make things look cleaner

I’m super glad I cleaned out the pick up tube with compressed air and some brake cleaner lol there was a huge chunk of silicone that got sucked into it at some point in it’s life.

The one that was broken i had to weld a nut on to get it out lol you can see from the discoloration

New seals in and painted

Old valve seals out and new ones in and head back together!

Also went ahead and replaced the distributor o-ring and give it a clean and quick spray

So what’s left on the red car as far as the engine goes is
-assemble bottom end
-install new timing components
-simplify the intake
-clean up engine harness
-rebuild oil pump(parts are ordered)

Then the engine bay will get attention. Generally, I’m not a mis-match bay kind of guy, atleast I’m not now haha, but what do you guys think I should spray it? Torn in between a metallic silver or torch red like the rest of the car and because I already have the paint. But I don’t mind getting something else because I’d rather do it once and be satisfied...

Update on the other car
So, long champs are hopefully going at the end of this week because 14s are a bit too small for my taste so I picked up some pretty weak but cool wheels.
They are 4 lug avs vs-6 16x7+30. I’m going to have 25mm spacers behind them so they aren’t so sunk lol going to run 195/45s on them and maybe go up to a 50. They were just a little cheaper in that size so I scooped them.

The car as it sits now

Also picked up some suspension goods and some mirrors for the car.
I came across a set of some used spl tension rods that I got for a decent price.
Placed a order for all rear adjustable gktech arms and I’m probably going to get their subframe risers aswell just to follow the theme. Like I said, the goal of this car is to keep it simple and reliable. The most I’m probably going to do this car angle wise this year is the gktech roll center correction adapters( I know I should of held on to them) and slip on rack spacers. Trying to avoid the issues that a bunch of angle tends to give s13s.
Also, picked up a nismo gt knob, bride head pad for my zeta, and a 330mm nardi.

Going to transfer some lenses onto my ganador tails and run them on here. Probably going to be doing mostly type x aero on This car aswell.

I also picked up these mirrors for pretty cheap. They are Honda hurricane mirrors but not the rr version you see on streeter’s and Itai’s cars. These are the f model but imo still cool looking.

STAY GLEAMING
Old 12-31-2018, 09:54 AM   #34
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Some updates on the bay. Dropped the front subframe so I can clean everything up and modify it. Pulled everything out of the engine bay which included the wiring harness and the fuse boxes. I opened up the hole on the driverside so that the fuse boxes would fit out of them. The cars not perfect nor ever will be so I don’t really care haha.

Anyhow, I have some rust issues to address before anything and then I can begin cleaning everything again and grinding off all the seam sealer and prep them to be stitch welded.

Don’t have running water at the shower so I’m trying to make due with degreaser and brake clean lol.

Anyway onto some pics,

Also, tossed on the gannies on the other car for shits and giggles. Bought the rps13 garnish for it along with a center portion of the tails
Old 01-02-2019, 07:24 AM   #35
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Nice progress man, keep it up!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 10:15 AM   #36
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Small update. Talked to machine shop block is getting honed and I’m going to be using stock bore pistons. Everything else was in good shape as far as the crank went so I’ll be dropping the rods off for them to check out.

After pulling my subframe I decided that now would be the time to move it forward because time and time again, dudes I know would tell me not to run offset rack spacers. I even had a pair but never ran them and just sold them. I’ve heard good and bad about them. Eitherway, this seemed to be the better of the two options and I decided to give it a shot haha. I’m not a fabricator by anymeans. I saved $250 I was quoted from a local doing it myself. All I had to do was buy a spoil of wire.

Anyway, here’s some pics of that,

Also cleaned up my clutch fork and booster haha. Little things but they all add up.

Old 01-11-2019, 12:35 PM   #37
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

What’s up guys! I know no one probably really cares and my progress is lame but for those of you do who are even remotely interested I’ll just write up what I’ve been doing lately.

Progress has been SLOWER on the red hatch due to two things. Waiting for things and because the other hatch needed a lot of love so I could have something to get some seat time in come spring.

Got the rack bolted up and the subframe painted and everything looks pretty good and hopefully it drives that way. I swapped the oil pump gears in the cover along with the oil pump relief valve. I noticed that no shims cam out of the old assembly. Not sure if I should add the two that came with the new ones? Would like anyone who has experience with this opinion.

Got a call from the machine shop that the block is ready to go and had been cleaned and honed. Didn’t need to overbore it or anything so just going to run original size pistons. I need to go pick it up but my work schedule makes doing so a bit hard.

So here’s a couple pics of said progress and I’ll kinda talk about the black car.

What’s left for the motor aside from assembly is:
Arp head studs
Timing chain kit and tensioners/guides
Pistons+filing the rings
Main and rod bearings
Cleaning up the intake

Then I will really start attacking the bay.

In the meantime, I’ve been working on getting my other hatch to a drivable less of a shit box kind of state.
Dropped the rear subframe
Installing all new gktech arms, subframe risers
New axles
New lr wheel bearing
Exhaust mani gaskets and new studs
Valve cover gaskets
Deleting egr
New 02 sensor
New rear knuckle bushings
New rear lower ball joints

Basically a bunch of maintenance. Trying to decide on aero for this car currently have oe type x skirts, frp kouki bumper on the mail(thanks jyw0rld) and I can’t decide on wing and rear valance.
Here’s some pictures of stuff everyone on here has seen a million and then some times.

Also, had some es bushings laying around so decided to toss them on the rear uprights.

Got this sick cherry blossom shift knob.
Old 03-11-2019, 02:50 PM   #38
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

SO IVE BEEN DEAD.

Jk, very much alive despite this weather making me want to not do anything.
So, maybe you guys are or aren’t even remotely interested but the red car has been on a hiatus sadly. I put it on the back burner because like most who own schassis modding one isn’t enough at times. So, these updates will be a little more in depth on the black hatch as it’s what I’ve been spending my Time working on. I can’t really paint a bay when it’s negative outside and assemble an engine when everything’s really cold because my measurements could be off so I’m not going to chance it.

With that being said, THE BLACK CAR
Over the winter I decided to do some maintenance that the po neglected to do.

Did all rear gktech arms and solid bushings.
New isr mbse exhaust and I had to get the rear muffler bracket because the po decided welding a craftsmen wrench and welding the exhaust to the frame rails would last long.
-new valve cover gasket
-es poly knuckle bushings
-did the valve cover wrinkle black
-picked up not blown axles from Damon
-5 lugged swapped the car oe z32 rears/cheapo fronts
-gktech rcc kit with stock front suspension
-swapped isr coils for my pbms with 12k/10k swifts
-spl tension rods
-rolled rear fenders found out fronts had a shit ton of bondo
-new exhaust mani gaskets since po basically said they weren’t necessary
-raybrig headlights
-hurricane mirrors I got brand new(the cooler ones)

I also have purchased a couple different wheels sense.
Got some advan rg-d 18x9+35(for sale)
17x9+17 xt7s
18x8.5+45 ssr angle minervas(crusty as hell)
18x10+45 avs model 5s(ik they are ugly atm)

I also decided to sell my spare kouki skirts and get some fineline shit.
So I got the skirts and rear valance
Cheapo duraflex wing
Frp kouki bumper(selling)
Oe extensions and bracket

Some more photo dumpage for anyone who gives a shit. I apologize because I’m at work and board right now so forgive me for not having a well written post.

Currently, swapping from a shitty e-fan to the clutch fan and using the gktech fan.
Got new lugnuts and extended rear studs so I can use slip on spacers to dial out some camber with 10j wheels on the back.
Also, I got gktech poly trans mount and motor mounts for the car.

Until next time! ~
Old 03-11-2019, 03:07 PM   #39
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
hey, nice progress ive been checking this thread out at work over the months.

with that being said. if that is the oven you cook food in, stop cooking parts in there. the paint needs heat to cure it, but while its curing, it is gassing off and letting compounds free in your oven. the heat just further bakes it into the actual oven itself. when you reheat the oven (such as cooking food), it can release some of these compounds into what you are cooking.

you can usually get away with it a couple of times, but i wouldnt even try it once. get a dedicated oven for parts. my dedicated oven stinks to high hell.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 03:42 PM   #40
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Hey thanks man! My body told me the same haha I’ve down two valve covers in it a few months ago now (the ones in this thread) don’t anticipate doing it again lol. I honestly think I’m probably gonna die working in the shop I work at haha I probably already have cancer from breathing in all the bullshit I’ve been breathing in for the past 4 years haha
Old 03-11-2019, 04:39 PM   #41
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
understood, but generally speaking, other people will need to use that stove at some point in time or another (unless you live alone).

take your health seriously. i spray painted a lot as a kid without a mask and im paying for it now. you ever hacked up a lugi that was laguna seca blue before?

in other news, i like the shaved VC. looking forward to more updates.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 05:08 PM   #42
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

I can’t say I’ve done that and you are right man. I didn’t even think about that. I painted my car without a respirator half way through and I definitely almost died from the fumes. Thanks though for looking out for me man I appreciate it
Old 03-12-2019, 12:06 PM   #43
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Nice progress, I don't blame you for modding the second hatch. I would of probably did the same thing if i could haha. Saw your story with the exhaust. Sounds really good man.

You originally was 10/8 with your PBM coils and now you went swift with 12/10? If so where did you buy your swift springs from and what size were they? Trying to do the same.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:44 PM   #44
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Nice progress Jalen!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 03-13-2019, 12:26 PM   #45
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Now this is getting better and better!

p.s if you decide to sell the model v 10j's lmk!
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 03:25 PM   #46
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Thanks Damon!

@da_crew10 I’ll definitely let you know if I decide to part ways with the model fives man
Old 03-23-2019, 11:00 AM   #47
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

SMALL LIL UPDATE

So, I’ve been chipping away this car sense the weathers been getting better.
Dropped the model 5s off to a buddy to powdercoat and before I was going to pitch the center caps because I thought they were trashed but I ended up taking some nail polish remover and some scotchbrite and sanded away all the shitty blue spray paint. Came out pretty damn decent for some caps I was going to scrap haha and I’m glad I didn’t
Family photo

Blasted

Ready to be picked up

Decided to sell some things and ended up picking up a oem type x bumper instead of the frp one I have now. Also grab pole position lights but unsure if I’m going to run turn signals.

Over the past weekend I decided to mount my seats in the car on my sf brackets. I attempted to use the generic sliders but they were just giving me a hard time so I just said fuck it and hard mounted the seats and played with seating position until it felt somewhat comfortable.

I really didn’t want to do this but me being me did it. I pulled the intake off the single cam to replace every hose, gasket and delete all the emissions bs. I got rid of the secondary butterflies (I know I may lose some low end due to velocity of air moving lowering), evap canister, all the vac lines. Pretty much the only things that I’m keeping is the acc and iac.

So I pulled the intake in about an hour or two

Upper plenum removed

Completely removed

Making the plenum look a little nicer

Couldn’t leave the holes open for the rod the butterflies screw into and I don’t have a tig welder so I cut up the rod and tapped the hole where the rod enters to put a bolt through.
I then took the cut pieces of rod and some job weld and slathered them in it and pushed them into the openings.

Pic of hole for reference

Intake primed and painted and yes ita going to come back part for things to be replaced and such. Really just to show its tacky-ness lol.

Also picked up an open end pivot knob like the one and only, Itai.

Going to basically be replacing all the minor little stuff like fuel line hoses, tuneup, fuel filter. NEXT, I’m going to address the cooling system and replace the water pump, rad with a koyo and thermostat housing.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:54 AM   #48
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Nice job sir! Good to see you this weekend.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 03-25-2019, 10:28 PM   #49
Xaser
Zilvia Junkie

Xaser is an unknown quantity at this point
nice build!!!
Xaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 10:50 PM   #50
merlz
Zilvia Member

merlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to all
This is a pretty build. Loving it so far.
Old 03-26-2019, 01:38 AM   #51
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Thanks guys!! And it was good seeing you too this past weekend damon! Hopefully, we can hang some more this summer
Old 03-26-2019, 07:41 AM   #52
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
nicely done!
Old 04-08-2019, 02:54 PM   #53
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Thanks for the kind words guys. First event is this Saturday but I won’t be driving unfortunately because I’m a lame ass and I need to do a few more things which include getting it legal, making a battery tie down bracket, alignment, fire extinguisher and a helmet. Those would get me on the track driving.

Also, FBG is upon us and at the very least I want to get the mismatch body panels/kit painted.

The car is back together and running and seems good for now but haven’t driven it yet. It’s maiden voyage will be when I bring it to work to align or or get it legal. So, I got the intake back on with new gaskets, emissions deleted, new thermostat, hoses,waterpump, fan clutch and cx racing radiator. It’s been bled and it seems to run fine. Here’s a few flics of the process

Fresh plugs and distributor cap and air filter were also put on before starting it

Recently, I picked up a yashio factory okatchan temp meter. The v1 version. A cool piece indeed. One issue though is that it’s the obd version and this car is a single cam originally and the ecu had no option for a consult port. This leads me to my next question to you guys. I know for a fact that it functions and has power so can it be hardwired? I know which wires are 12v and ground. The issue is that there are 4 wires left and unsure what wires need to see what in order to give me at the minimum, the water temp.

It will only read .1 and occasionally .2 but it doesn’t do anything else.

I got the wheels back and tossed some tires on. 215/40 on the 17s and 225/40 on the 18s.

Also, test fitted my blitz I’ve been sitting in forever. I really need to get the faces properly done and toss some tires I have on

I’ve tried testing all the wires with battery voltage though the 12v and grounding the black wire, then I tried each of the 4 wires on the actually temp sensor on the intake. I would imagine it could be hardwired but maybe I’m wrong any insight is appreciated.

Aside from that I got the kouki bumper on, Dmax position lights wired so the turn and drl can function together in one housing.
I eyeballed the toe just so I could drive it because it was way fucked prior to that.
Here is how the car looks on the ground

Old 09-09-2019, 07:19 PM   #54
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Where to start

Man, it’s been awhile since I updated this.
Final bout gallery was an awesome event. Met a lot of homies and memories in those two days is Wisconsin. I drove the car 7-8 hrs through the highways of chiraq without a hiccup. It was surreal !

I prepped the car, sprayed the fineline kit, bought some 18” p1s yadda yadda. I smashed the rf fender sliding in the rain. I don’t have any pics of the damage but I got it sorted within a day or so and had everything one color again.

Got some good burgers on our way back

Also picked up some mats at fbg from Sebastian

After that, I was really focused on driving. The car seemed solid but there were things it was missing that I felt it needed. I got rid of the 18x10 model 5s, the buddy clubs and decided to go backwards in some people’s opinion. Style is subjective though obviously. I went back to 17s all the way around and picked up a pair of chrome model 5 and some fn01rc’s for spares.

I went, back to oem type x and sold my friend my old hotroad replica stuff.

I’ll update some more tomorrow!
Old 09-10-2019, 09:01 AM   #55
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Yes please, more updates sir!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 09-10-2019, 11:03 AM   #56
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Ask and you shall recieve

haha so in continuation of my post yesterday I had decided to go back to type x. Not really sure why just had it sitting around and thought it looked a little better with 17s all the way around then my hotroad but it put my xc8s on just to see what we were looking like

Side note, my 18x10 model v’s ended up on my buddy Liam’s coupe

Obviously, this car and a few others are where I derived inspiration from.

One last time before my buddy nikko ended up with it on his 180

I ended up trading Gabe from breakshift my other pair of 17x9 model 5 for his chrome r33s for a different look.

Last edited by Fuglychuki91; 09-20-2019 at 09:33 PM..
Old 09-10-2019, 11:47 AM   #57
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
looks great dude! I love the xc8's, one of my fav wheels.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:51 AM   #58
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I'm heavy into this.
I spent a good bit of time between Lansing Detroit and Flint this summer.
Old 09-10-2019, 12:32 PM   #59
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Thanks dudes! And Lansing is cool although it’s straight up a college town. I lived in flint from the time I was a 6-14 so there was never really a big car scene like drifting growing up around there. But I’m originally from Detroit. Eitherway the Midwest is my home but sometimes I wanna leave!
Old 09-18-2019, 06:58 PM   #60
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
corkscrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Been following this for sooooo long. I’m glad you didn’t give up on the build thread
corkscrew is offline   Reply With Quote