Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-27-2017, 12:09 PM   #151
I<3Zenkis

Trader Rating: (0)
I<3Zenkis is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Awesome build! The attention to detail and who doesn’t love pic heavy build threads. Keep up the good work I’ll be keeping an eye on this build.
I<3Zenkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2018, 03:28 PM   #152
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
hellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
I apologize... I've been really slacking on the s14. Been super wrapped up in other aspects of life. Picked up film photography again. Here are some random shots of the current state of the car. I will been making some more progress this summer... stay tuned! All of these were shot with a Contax T2 with a roll of Kodak Portra 400.

Some other random shots

Old 11-05-2018, 06:59 PM   #153
s13zack

s13zack is an unknown quantity at this point
best thread on zilvia
s13zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 05:59 PM   #154
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
what exhaust manifold is that? is it a OE bottom-mount turbo replacement?
Old 11-06-2018, 06:06 PM   #155
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
IIRC, it's a Tomei Expreme manifold paired with a M7960 or M8270.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:08 AM   #156
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

hellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enoughhellaslows13 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1on1 View Post
IIRC, it's a Tomei Expreme manifold paired with a M7960 or M8270.
Correct. It's a tomei manifold with a M7960.

Here's a video of it during my tune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IxVULg3YEc

Another another of me reparking it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVa1yGigRKg

Apologize for the lack of updates. Picked up a new toy and have been messing with it quite a bit. Should be resuming work on the s14 in the upcoming months. Here's a few shots of my new daily

Old 02-28-2019, 12:38 PM   #157
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
TEs make everything look good. #changemymind
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 11:57 AM   #158
sr vegas 240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
sr vegas 240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Nice build. How is the fitment with the chase bays power steering lines and the taarks relocation set up? Are the lines long enough?
sr vegas 240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 06:20 PM   #159
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

One year later... Finally some updates for yall...

Decided that I didn't have the time or means to complete the body work so I took it to one of the best dudes in the biz, Kyle @ proshopnoble. He is currently helping me with my build and taking care of the body work and tying up some loose ends. Once it's all done it will be off for paint and I will share those photos once the car is back in my hands.

Half way to LA from the bay my trailer decided to get a flat so I had to pull over and throw the spare on

Finally arrived to Kyles shop and dropped off the car and chatted for a bit. Was dope finally meeting him and seeing his s13 in person.

Some progress photos from Kyle...

Here he is starting to work on the car and is cleaning up the rear arches with some paint and seam sealer

Making some more progress here.. starting to fit the kit in prep for some fiberglass work. He remounted the rear chargespeed overs since the way I had them mounted with rivnuts wasn't that great. He got them to fit better and secured them down with better rivets that fit flusher. Now the rears are mounted more securely and are lined up better with the OEM body lines. He also was able to fill the antenna hole which I am stoked about!

Stock hood back on since I am not sure yet if I want to run the aeromaster hood. The hood is in rough shape and needs lots of repair work. I may or may not have it done in this iteration... we'll see. I do still plan on keeping it around

Rear bumper reglassed into one piece. The wingless trunk donated by lowborghini (THANK YOU) is mounted and ready for some work. (removal of third brake light). He is currently working on fitting and mounting my GP sports 3 piece wing (as it sits a bit too high due to the edge pieces being mounted on top of the overfenders)

So far I am very impressed with Kyle's attention to detail and am very happy my car is in his hands.
Old 03-06-2020, 11:33 AM   #160
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

Cool

All the windows pulled in preparation for paint

Car ready to get loaded onto the trailer headed off to paint

3pc gp sports wing modified and painted. Kyle had to shave the bottom side of the side pieces so that they sit flush with the trunk piece. Talk about attention to detail!

Kyle mocking up the tips. I found some random square tips on ebay after blowing up my last ganador setup. Had trouble locating another set of ganador tips so I decided to go with something more cost effective for the mean time. I had him do the whole exhaust custom with a resonator and muffler as I didn't want the car straight piped. I plan on driving the car on the street and wanted it more OEM+ sounding

Exhaust turned out fuckin sweet and sounds awesome! Will post a sound clip in the next post

Old 03-06-2020, 11:53 AM   #161
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

Here's a terrible video of my car (aka a shitty screen recording of my ig story)

Sorry, hope this suffices for now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn0wpd7-GgA
Old 03-06-2020, 12:11 PM   #162
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

Forgot the life updates...

lifes been a wild ride... broke up with my girlfriend of 8 years.. works been crazy.. trying to find myself still... not even sure if i still care for this car. will try my best to post random updates of it if i dont even up selling it

Some highlights since my last life update

Went on a fuck ton of trips in the hyphy 4runner

Joshua Tree National Park

Old 03-06-2020, 12:15 PM   #163
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

Almost dying doing an illegal hike in Hawaii during a thunderstorm...

Pillbox Hike in HI

Rented a jeep... that was fun

Old 03-06-2020, 12:31 PM   #164
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

The day I got my 4runner (first new car I ever purchased)

Jumped off a cliff for the first time

Yosemite

Big Sur

Morechella

My brain that whole weekend

“Lookin’ at my dreams, and who I wanna be
I guess you gotta see it to believe
Oh, I been a fool, but that’s cool, that’s what human beings do
Keep your eyes to the sky, never glued to your shoes”

-Mac
Old 03-07-2020, 04:40 AM   #165
gabefromcali
Leaky Injector

gabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to all
Yooo glad to see some updates! Been following this thread for some years. Bummer on the gf and lack of car hype but shit happens. Looks like you’ve been enjoying life though! That edge of the world Yosemite photo makes my hands all clammy.
gabefromcali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 09:44 PM   #166
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabefromcali View Post
Yooo glad to see some updates! Been following this thread for some years. Bummer on the gf and lack of car hype but shit happens. Looks like you’ve been enjoying life though! That edge of the world Yosemite photo makes my hands all clammy.
Thank you sir! I appreciate your time

And here are some drive way photos from my iPhone.. promise i'll have some cooler photos once I pull her out the driveway

Old 03-09-2020, 08:03 AM   #167
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Car looks super nice sir. Awesome photos of beautiful places. Jealous of all the traveling! Keep up the good work.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 09:41 AM   #168
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
KevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I'm waiting for the 2 page magazine feature

I'm buying 2 fuckin copies

http://milktea-man.com
KevinEdgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 12:45 PM   #169
spitfiredc7

Trader Rating: (1)
spitfiredc7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Man this was an awesome read. Really enjoy the photo documentation to back it all up.
spitfiredc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 07:56 AM   #170
gabefromcali
Leaky Injector

gabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to allgabefromcali is a name known to all
Its looks real good man. Congrats
Old 03-10-2020, 09:21 AM   #171
kOOpA
Zilvia Junkie

kOOpA is an unknown quantity at this point
m a s t a p i e c e
Old 03-17-2020, 02:13 PM   #172
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Enjoy life doggy.
4Runner is tough.
Car looks amazing.
Photography on point.
Old 03-25-2020, 11:26 PM   #173
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

Appreciate all the love. Hope everyone out there is staying safe and healthy and hope you all had some time in the garage and with loved ones.

I have been super unmotivated lately as I have been super busy with other projects and life goals but today I decided that I wanted to finally get my valve cover redone

Thank god this is the only latex that has ever ripped on me...

Finally got it off.. was quite easy as half of my cover studs were missing... surprised it didnt even leak on me with it only being held on by 7 studs/nuts

This valve cover has seen better days. I have a buddy who owns a powder coating business so I thought now would be a cool time to show him some love

Can't wait to see the engine bay with a nicer valve cover. Gonna replace all the gaskets and hardware once it is back from powder coating... stay tuned...
Old 03-27-2020, 01:07 PM   #174
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

Finally got the valve cover over to my boy Lamars shop for powder coating! Love how it turned out. If you are in NorCal and need coating done hit up Prestige Metal Coatings! Lamar will take care of you. On mamas

Old 03-28-2020, 03:05 PM   #175
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

Had some time to throw on the freshly coated rocker cover w/ all new gaskets and mazworx hardware. Loving the way my engine bay looks. Need to get a few more items dressed up but im happy with it currently.

Old 03-30-2020, 08:37 PM   #176
gabefromcali
Leaky Injector

Yooooo 🔥🔥🔥
Old 03-31-2020, 09:18 AM   #177
97nismo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (53)
97nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Nice pinktop sr
Old 04-26-2020, 12:17 PM   #178
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

Old 04-26-2020, 12:20 PM   #179
hellaslows13
Zilvia Addict

Old 04-27-2020, 09:59 AM   #180
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Those are some fine look slabs. Very nice, fella.