Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-31-2016, 08:03 PM   #9571
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hopefully the aftermarket can come through and do somthing about that horrible front facia/grill. Like how Saleen salvaged the mustang's.

Sent from my SM-G930P
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2016, 11:50 AM   #9572
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Well well well, looks like someone really wants the IDX to live enough to refresh the concept with Nissan's current design language. But I'm too skeptical to get excited right now.
http://lrnc.cc/_ct/16983307

Just to refresh memories for comparison...
Old 08-03-2016, 12:24 PM   #9573
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
ugh, there goes salt in that wound again!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:29 PM   #9574
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
ugh, there goes salt in that wound again!
Right?! lol

Ran the linked page through Google translate. It's nothing more than Japanese click bait and speculation, sadly. Render does look damn good though, IMO. Much more production worthy/fit for mass consumption than the original concept, which was polarizing to many.
Old 08-03-2016, 12:41 PM   #9575
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
if nissan WERE planning to start the project back up... id be one of the first normal folks to know via my source there

EDIT: Mel would also be able to confirm too

Old 08-03-2016, 12:51 PM   #9576
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Yeah that shit ain't happening. Nissan has said too many times now that it's dead. Render is cool though.

Also, it does like the new sports car co-developed between Toyota and BMW will more than likely be called the Supra again. Which we all want I'm sure.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/toyot...nt-sports-car/
Old 08-03-2016, 04:32 PM   #9577
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Also, it does like the new sports car co-developed between Toyota and BMW will more than likely be called the Supra again. Which we all want I'm sure.
I don't want it. Words cannot state enough how much I hate that front end.
Old 08-03-2016, 05:40 PM   #9578
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
I don't want it. Words cannot state enough how much I hate that front end.
Not to leave out those huge side gills on the rear flank. Yikes that thing is an excercise in grossly excessive.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html

Last edited by drift freaq; 08-04-2016 at 12:35 AM..
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 06:40 PM   #9579
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
I agree. That F1 style front end NEVER translates well to road cars. Ferraris included. I'll hold out until we see the production model. Excited the Supra name is coming back though.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:40 PM   #9580
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

http://www.motortrend.com/news/hyund...16-model-year/

Ummmmm pretty sure we all knew this.
Old 08-03-2016, 11:18 PM   #9581
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
I'm only here to make sure that the IDx is probably never coming out just like a turbo 86....

Because I would... In a heartbeat trade my BRZ for an IDx.... even the one with denim seats.
Old 08-04-2016, 05:51 AM   #9582
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
I'm only here to make sure that the IDx is probably never coming out just like a turbo 86....

Because I would... In a heartbeat trade my BRZ for an IDx.... even the one with denim seats.
It still a damn shame Nissan doesn't care. Lol.
Old 08-04-2016, 07:30 AM   #9583
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
http://www.motortrend.com/news/hyund...16-model-year/

Ummmmm pretty sure we all knew this.
So, what i don't understand is... Are they making Genesis a new car brand, sister to both Hyundai & Kia? Or are they simply divorcing the Genesis coupe from the sedan & they'll still be Hyundai?

Either way, i like this news as it frees up room for the GT4 Stinger.
Old 08-04-2016, 07:32 AM   #9584
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
It still a damn shame Nissan doesn't care. Lol.

Why?

Have they produced anything not yawn worthy in the last 10 years?

Meanwhile - rumored GT500...

Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 08:53 AM   #9585
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
You guys are crazy for liking the IDX in the first place. It was hideous
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 09:24 AM   #9586
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
You guys are crazy for liking the IDX in the first place. It was hideous
I think most of us looked at the concept & immediately knew which polarizing aspects wouldn't make it to production. We were already envisioning something closer to that toned down render I posted above. Do you think that one is ugly as well?
Old 08-04-2016, 09:25 AM   #9587
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

well kids, instead of anything IDx related and Nissans complete bullshit excuse of "we cant find a profitable platform to build the IDx on", we get this...

https://newsroom.nissan-global.com/r...bility-to-life

Old 08-04-2016, 09:52 AM   #9588
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
the idx they did build already had s15 front and rear subframes, suspension arms and knuckles so it must have been on an S based platform. Why do they think the S platform wouldn't be profitable?
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 10:14 AM   #9589
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

But hey, Nissan is still fucking around with this stupid concept that would sell even less than an IDX would sell in its lowest months.

http://www.autoblog.com/amp/2016/08/...r-concept-rio/

Fuck Nissan.
Old 08-04-2016, 10:15 AM   #9590
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
I think most of us looked at the concept & immediately knew which polarizing aspects wouldn't make it to production. We were already envisioning something closer to that toned down render I posted above. Do you think that one is ugly as well?
Not really my style. I'd still much rather have a brand new s15 over an IDX.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 10:33 AM   #9591
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
the idx they did build already had s15 front and rear subframes, suspension arms and knuckles so it must have been on an S based platform. Why do they think the S platform wouldn't be profitable?
the IDx was built completely over an S15 chassis... not just pieces.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:33 AM   #9592
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
Not really my style. I'd still much rather have a brand new s15 over an IDX.
will NEVER happen... not sure why you guys ever think Nissan would build a "new" S15?

Old 08-04-2016, 10:52 AM   #9593
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Quote:
Better but still doesn't look like a real car
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 11:11 AM   #9594
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
Better but still doesn't look like a real car
Actually quite a few of us liked the Nismo version of it enough. Oh and I am sorry but that new rendering looks terrible lines wise. It's like somebody decided to stick a garish front bumper and body kit on the car. The original Nismo concept had a much cleaner look.

I am firmly convinced Nissan has lost its way under the leadership of Ghosn. Even thou Renault is involved in F1, outside of that they seem to be firmly entrenched in the car is nothing but a people mover school of design and marketing. This carries over directly to Nissan.

It really strikes me odd that BMW is working with Toyota when I always looked at Toyota being more the Mercedes type and Nissan being the BMW type. Now thanks to Renault, Nissan is acting and looking extremely like Renault.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 02:23 PM   #9595
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
well kids, instead of anything IDx related and Nissans complete bullshit excuse of "we cant find a profitable platform to build the IDx on", we get this...

https://newsroom.nissan-global.com/r...bility-to-life
They really wanna shove that thing down our throats, don't they?

Alright, I'll bite. What's the speculated price tag on this ambiguously gay duo mobile?
Old 08-04-2016, 05:13 PM   #9596
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
will NEVER happen... not sure why you guys ever think Nissan would build a "new" S15?
I never said they would? Im just giving perspective.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 05:52 PM   #9597
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
They really wanna shove that thing down our throats, don't they?

Alright, I'll bite. What's the speculated price tag on this ambiguously gay duo mobile?
It's a big waste of time and money. This thing doesn't work in the consumer market. I'm sure they can keep the cost down because it's really just a different shape, not a different automobile. BUT I still be the development cost FAR exceeds what the IDX would have and it'll be a tiny tiny niche vehicle. It'll sell about as well as a Leaf.
Old 08-04-2016, 05:57 PM   #9598
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
I never said they would? Im just giving perspective.
That same perspective was given 300 pages and 10 years ago.

I'd go out on a limb and speak for all the IDX supporters in this thread, as much as we love it, would ALL prefer an S15ish car.

Reality is, Nissan gives zero fucks and neither are happening.
Old 08-04-2016, 06:09 PM   #9599
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
They're gonna build what sells. And that's sedans, econoboxes, and suvs.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 06:58 PM   #9600
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Oh and I am sorry but that new rendering looks terrible lines wise. It's like somebody decided to stick a garish front bumper and body kit on the car. The original Nismo concept had a much cleaner look.
I think I know what you mean... Are you talking about some of the offset fender lines around the headlights & front bumper? It strikes me as very Rocket Bunny-esque...

But whatever. The car is super unlikely. BUT... with the release of the Q60, it seems like a no brainer to me to drop that same 3.0TT in the next gen Z & transition it into an upscale Corvette/Porsche fighter. Which of course leaves the entry level market wide open...

I mean WTF else could they do with the Z? I don't believe for one second that Nissan would offer a sport tuned Q6 engine in the Z for anywhere close to its current base prices. I'd expect that engine in a new Z be cost at least current Nismo Z34 $$$ or more.