Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-25-2011, 10:58 AM   #7861
dpritchard4
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
dpritchard4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
My question involves an external fpr. I recently purchased an isis fpr but first it did not come with any of the fittings,. So first what size fitting goes into the fpr ( 6an or 6 orb fitting). Second is how to install it (hold the flaming)....I'm using the stock fuel rail & have an adapter, but does the fpr go between the filter & rail, or does it go on the return. I've seen it both ways, but want 2 make sure I purchase the right fittings. The final and last quwstion is is there a big difference performance wise if you upgrade the rubber lines to/from the rail if the stock line is only 5/16". Thnaks for the help
dpritchard4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2011, 05:18 PM   #7862
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
GL Chrillz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
another problem ive ran into besides breaking off a subframe bolt is i cannot remove my exhaust because the bolts to the down pipe round off. my question is, is it possible to lower the exhaust enough to walk the subframe+diff out over the exhaust?
GL Chrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:26 PM   #7863
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
My question

Why the fuck does my check engine light keep going on? It goes on and off. But even when I erase it, it eventually goes on again within the day. Code 45 for leaky injector. I had I bad I injector, I swapped it out but it started leaking gas cause I didn't replacethe garmets. So I replaced all the garments on all four injectors. It's all good now, no leaks and it's dry and perfect, no more shitty idle. But why does the code still come on, then go off?
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:59 PM   #7864
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
is there a way to remove S13 rear bearings without destroying it, leaving it transplant-able?
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:09 PM   #7865
1gr8bar10der
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (77)
1gr8bar10der is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 77 reviews
What's the fair asking price for a complete S13 RHD conversion? Complete means it's a JDM front clip.

Believe me I've searched.
1gr8bar10der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:10 AM   #7866
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (39)
Tempo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews

noob question ,I have a idle problem with my s14(stock kade) every once in a while(every other day) my idle kind of drops low like
700-600ish and when i have the scanner hooked up the car isn't perfectly idling at 800 its dipping to 770,780 etc, what could cause this
problem ? someone said to check the vacuum hoses , what do i need to check them? i probably dont have the tool.

thanks in advance

IG - allen.kerose
Tempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:47 AM   #7867
dillardkid121
Leaky Injector

dillardkid121 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a redtop sr20det in my S13 and it just will not start. Since we put the head back on we cannot get it to start. We've checked the timing multiple times, I got a new CAS, checked the ignitor chip, put in new spark plugs, checked the coilpacks and the injectors are shooting fuel. Any ideas?
dillardkid121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:44 AM   #7868
merks
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
merks is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Who makes 30mm over fenders for a s14. No fender flairs every thing seems to be 50mm
Old 09-26-2011, 08:48 AM   #7869
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillardkid121 View Post
I have a redtop sr20det in my S13 and it just will not start. Since we put the head back on we cannot get it to start. We've checked the timing multiple times, I got a new CAS, checked the ignitor chip, put in new spark plugs, checked the coilpacks and the injectors are shooting fuel. Any ideas?
probably already checked, but did you check the starter and battery? Lol. Or check all your grounds and what not to make sure no wires are broken, damaged, etc. Idk much about engines yet but some help is better than none.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:12 PM   #7870
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
will an s14 flca work on z32/r32/g50?
Old 09-26-2011, 02:16 PM   #7871
757coupe
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
757coupe has made poor choices757coupe has made poor choices757coupe has made poor choices757coupe has made poor choices757coupe has made poor choices757coupe has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
When braking hard car stops solidy, doesnt pull to either side but my steering wheel clocks to the left a couple degrees. Does anyone know what part has gone bad on the steering column or is that even the problem. Just got an alignment too. S13
757coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:43 PM   #7872
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
anyone know the best way to clean out oil from the rear hatch carpet shit?

dawn soap or something, idk
Old 09-26-2011, 04:00 PM   #7873
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
^Watered down degreaser and and a powerful hose or pressure washer.

Anyone know the thread pitch of the bolts that mount the A/C compressor bracket to the block on a ka24de? I used to have a bucket full of bolts to measure these sorts of things with, but it seems to have gone missing.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:52 PM   #7874
Trini-Kouki

Trader Rating: (0)
Trini-Kouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help with color code of this please...

not sure if im posting in the correct section but i recently bought a set of these rims:

Rays Gram Lights 57D

in white:

but i wanted to get them painted in the "Luminous Yellow" color, dunno whats the color code tho. this one:

anyone of you guys know the color code for this? i tried google but its not the same color any help would be appreciated
Trini-Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:56 PM   #7875
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Just get them powder coated Fluorescent Yellow and call it a day.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:02 PM   #7876
Trini-Kouki

really wanna get this exact color. it has a nice mix of green and yellow in their florescent forms. thnx for the reply tho. anyone else know the code?
Old 09-26-2011, 08:11 PM   #7877
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
call them and ask. say you have them, and you spilled some shit on it and paint is peeling and youre getting it painted/powder coated and you need the code

its safety yellow with a special name, pretty much
Old 09-26-2011, 08:20 PM   #7878
Trini-Kouki

well the site says its "luminous yellow" but when i google it, doesnt look the same. just look like a regular bright yellow, not with the green touch. thanks for the idea tho, will give them a call, if that plan fails tho, anyone else with info?
Old 09-26-2011, 08:24 PM   #7879
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
Dash Lights questions/Problem

Sorry its such a small question,i searched and i didnt think it deserved its own thread, just thought i'd ask here first...

I had a probem a couple years ago with my dash lights/ hvac control lights not comming on, and i think it was after i installed a new stereo like everyone else... so i eventually bought the indiglow guage faces since i couldn't see the black guages at night( for a while i had a 9v battery with a couple LEDs shining at the guages)..

today i took the guage faces out (tired of the cheap look) and was trying to find out why the dash lights still didn't work... at this point im sooo confused... i saw that there was a jumper wire in the black dimmer switch plug, crossing the red/blue stripe and the red/yellow stripe.

i've gone through sooo many threads between zilvia,nicoclub,240sxforums.... anyway here is my situation..

Dome light/glove box light- works, no dimming.
Radio- Aftermarket, all wires comming from the radio harness are not used except the power/ground.
New dimmer switch is from a friends car i got a while back but never got around to try it.
Heres where i dont get it.. The fuses all check out ok (didn't check the engine bay one yet), the white box everyone says has the traces black/burnt up/seperated, nothing seems to be wrong with mine. tried the dimmer switch and nothing...

soooo the final attempt (i saw online) was to ground the red/yellow stripe wire from the radio (to atleast get volts to the cluster), so i turned the headlight switch on, and grounded it. the hvac lights came on.

so i let the wire go from the point i grounded it and i saw them stay on, but then the cluster lights dimmed on and stayed on. i have a couple lights missing from the cluster to shine on the rpm,gas,speed,and temp. but i switched one from the side, to the center spot and it dimmed on again. then i re-ground the wire and the hvac lights get brighter and the cluster lights dim.. what could be causing this? nothing else dims except the cluster when i connect the ground.
Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:27 PM   #7880
future
Post Whore!

future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Bump for still needing/wanting a answeR
Old 09-26-2011, 08:29 PM   #7881
future
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1gr8bar10der View Post
What's the fair asking price for a complete S13 RHD conversion? Complete means it's a JDM front clip.

Believe me I've searched.
$300 to be honest. That's what my friend paid for his full type r clip with EVERYTHING including all the carbon fiber trimming
Old 09-26-2011, 08:37 PM   #7882
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

haven't received a reply yet, so i'll ask again. while trying to remove my subframe on my s13 i snapped a stud off in the nut. i also cannot get a bolt off on the L shaped piece that goes on the lower side of the bushing bolt. i have circled in this pic where i broke the bolt off on the one that goes thru the bushing, and the bolt on the L shaped thing i can't get off. what are my options here on getting it out, and replacing it once its out? http://i51.tinypic.com/2h3vp8p.jpg

thanks
Old 09-26-2011, 08:39 PM   #7883
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trini-Kouki View Post
well the site says its "luminous yellow" but when i google it, doesnt look the same. just look like a regular bright yellow, not with the green touch. thanks for the idea tho, will give them a call, if that plan fails tho, anyone else with info?
call rays and send them back and have them repainted. its only like $40 a wheel, just gonna cost in shipping.
Remember to have them clear coated also, rays says the paint will fade within a year if you dont.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:47 PM   #7884
darkslide74

darkslide74 is an unknown quantity at this point
I need the banjo bolt that goes in the top of the power steering pump (s13 sr) but the part number everyone seems to think is the one is not correct (# 01619-00011) anyone have a fried pump you don't need or can point me in the direction of the right part number??? Thanks
Old 09-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #7885
thenooblet
Zilvia Addict

thenooblet is an unknown quantity at this point
How much wider are stock Kouki fenders than stock Zenki fenders? I've heard that they are a tad wider but never known how much.
thenooblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:58 PM   #7886
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
EsChassisLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
What difference would it make having a AUTO TPS sensor on a manual car?

Never noticed till now that my TPS is for an AUTO lolololol. Been running fine for the last 3 years.

Just curious.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:03 PM   #7887

479 is an unknown quantity at this point
Does anyone know anything about Final Konexion coilover?
How do they ride. How well is the dampening? How low do they go.

Just have a chance at buying some from a local guy, just know nothing about them. Don't flame me for asking, I have searched so much for this info.
479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:32 AM   #7888
kevmeistah21
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (68)
kevmeistah21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kevmeistah21
Always had a problem where i have to rev my car up to 2k just to get my alternator going. When i usually start the car i notice my voltage reading was around 11-12v but never more than 12, so i believe it just runs on my battery for that time being. BUT! when i rev my car up to 2k after i start my car, my voltage reads 13.7-14.5v and never drops lower, like when my alternator actually starts working. What could be the problem why my alternator doesnt start building voltage right when i start my car??

My battery indicator lights up every time i start the car now, do you think it's just my alternator taking a shit on me?

sr20 with perfectly fine belts btw.
Late Night Crew... #02 <3

Bought anything from me? Please leave me a review!

http://zilvia.net/f/private-sellers/...meistah21.html
kevmeistah21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:58 AM   #7889
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Aight guys I need someone to do the timing on my KA SOHC. It starts and runs, just bogs a little. Last time someone came to my house and did it for $40. How much should I pay someone to come and do it? Other isnt around anymore and I dont want to pay a ridiculous amount. I have a timing gun too, just dont wanna hastle with it myself haha..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmeistah21 View Post
Always had a problem where i have to rev my car up to 2k just to get my alternator going. When i usually start the car i notice my voltage reading was around 11-12v but never more than 12, so i believe it just runs on my battery for that time being. BUT! when i rev my car up to 2k after i start my car, my voltage reads 13.7-14.5v and never drops lower, like when my alternator actually starts working. What could be the problem why my alternator doesnt start building voltage right when i start my car??

My battery indicator lights up every time i start the car now, do you think it's just my alternator taking a shit on me?

I think its definitely the alternator

-Jorge
I LUV MY S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:49 AM   #7890
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmeistah21 View Post

either you need a new alternator, or you have some sort of bad connection...i'd side with a new alternator. take it off and have autozone or something load test it and see, that way you'll know if it is the alternator or not.